Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,009 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

My World - Jflash - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My World - Jflash (16296 Views)

Poem: My Love Is My World / My World Best / My World: Metaphorical. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 8:22pm On Feb 01, 2018
MY WORLD By Jflash
My world ©copyright 2018
Ok let’s see nobody is allowed to copy this work without an authorised permission from the
author that is me.
Am new to this forum and I feel like sharing my imagination with you guys so am hoping to get positive feedbacks from you
Follodw me on Instagram: @itz_jflash

Jbfranklin

1 Like

Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 8:36pm On Feb 01, 2018
PROLOGUE
The weather was clear and sunny, the sun was sweet on the skin, so sweet to feel, she could smell
the earth for it was the beginning of the year and it has only started raining for the year, she was
standing under the pride of Barbados tree lost in thought the scenery was so beautiful, the newly
grown green grass, the thundering sound of the heavy water fall, the blossoming tree and it’s
beautiful red flower and the quiet, it makes you wonder, it makes you want to know what else is life hiding behind those beauty, she felt a hand that wrapped itself around her waist and a body that
cling so lovingly to hers and that perfume….. Her lips curved in a smile I know that perfume. She
turned around to see him.

He went down on one knee, happy valentine my beautiful Val, he handed her a red rose, it matches
the colour of your lips perfectly.

Wow…. I never knew there would be a time that I will feel as crying over a rose.

It not just a rose, my beautiful Roselyn, it’s my heart.

Hmm you have gotten more improved in your flattery, she teased

This woman, you know just the right button to press, don’t you? He said with a seductive smile that
made her heart flutter

It rained very early this year and the flowers are pretty,

But not as pretty as you, he hug her so tight that she felt like she’s already becoming one with him
she closed her eyes to savour the moment, she thought of the flowers the tree and the water fall
and the love, it was perfect, she said let this love I share in happiness complete you because it only
in love can one blossom, this love that is like a billion blessing but not fated to last, she opened her eyes quickly like some who woke up from a nightmare, she let herself out of his embrace, her mood
changed.

We can’t do this anymore.

Jade? What’s wrong? He ask utterly confused

Am about to do something that will change you forever and please do not blame me am only
playing my part in this circle of life, hot tears sting her eyes but she refuses to let them fall but
couldn’t succeed in hiding them from being seen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2018
Do you love someone else? He asks with tears rolling down his cheek, she didn’t say a word, I don’t
believe you do

I can’t tell you more than what I have already told you.

You can’t, you promise that you wouldn’t leave.

Let our paths never cross each other again, am sorry, she turned around and walked away, she
wanted to keep it short, she couldn’t stand to look at him because she knew she might change her
mind, she can’t stand that chance this was the only way to do it.

Why does she keep doing that? She is always so good at leaving, He said as he broke into tears.

The room was filled with an air of suspense; Theresa stood facing jade while Joana hides behind Theresa.

So you brought a friend to witness my death, the last of my bloodline, finally it has come
to this, will you still deny that you don’t have a hand in my parent’s death, will you? Jade shouted at her holding her gun tight as if ready to shoot.

Stop being delusional, who you saw that very night wasn’t me. Theresa said calmly trying to make her understand.

You are such a hypocrite, she said scornfully; swear on my mother’s name that you weren’t there.

Terry what is she saying? Joana asked terrified

Do you know the pains you put me through, then let me tell you, I grew up knowing neither my
father nor mother, I hard to starve in order to eat, I almost got raped twice, she stressed that part, I was sold out like a slave, the mark on my back became a curse to me, I became cold, wicked, heartless I became a murderer, when my dreams was to save lives instead I took it away from them, I felt like I had no soul, I felt abandoned.

But you weren’t abandoned, what about the General and his wife, Jane and Louis, Kate, Richard and me.

You? You were the main reason why my world was destroyed; she yelled hitting her chest so
hard to show them where it hurts.

I said I didn’t do it, Theresa said tightening her jaw.

I have enough proof to bring you down Theresa, you will pay for what you did.

Well how about I kill you now, Theresa pulled out a gun from the pocket of her black coat and
pointed it at Jade’s forehead,

before the proof goes out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My World - Jflash by Jbfranklin: 7:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
KimberlyWest, Kimkardashain,queenitee, Evajael,Hadampson, Adeyife,. Akinwale14, rukkydelta, Chyfax, twinkle004, wadaz, kelvinhilton, binsanni, abdulshakur, essohjay2, sycrocombus, rhayne, ebigbola, prexy, Adepet222, ogbedor1, fortunate, Damsel14 funmilade11, mstalba, IfyOaks,
Abefee99, Sirblero,Urchman23, fortunateB, Demikol, Testimony600, adajoe555, heemah, yewande1234 oyindawealth, adontcare, bellohassan7, Idaraobong5, betty88, Bb4u, Mamindy, Peterkeys6, akkno, igit270, Toyin223, Martha123, sheynex, darloseh, Michealunique, triplem101, Nathblessing, 1marking, herosakin77, shakyroh320, crystalprince, nabla, tsmart360, Horlardorjah, prodekul, Souloho19, Jbaby265, lolsd, Xavier casmier, Azeequeen, Lankyannie, Ifecoded, aishatry, Aminzy, Campala, Eniquirl, Rhayne, missmossy, Ronnylove, Princessadeola, akinkudin, BlissfulJeff, sheynex, Halyma, Ami joy, Bangalee1,May Mac, Jlake, Horlardorjah, Nancydearie, Heemah, Funmilade11, crislyn, Bimberry1307, Halyma,Chizim1, Miss Claire, Mary chommy, Joettti, Lankyannie, Victorydgirl,Eniquirl,crislyn,
guys check this piece out.
Re: My World - Jflash by DemiKOL(f): 7:45pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks for the invite.
Hmm..... This is going to be interesting.
Nice one
Re: My World - Jflash by queenitee(f): 10:26am On Feb 03, 2018
It's going to be so interesting, thanks for inviting me
Re: My World - Jflash by just2day: 7:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
Jasmineflash:
PROLOGUE
The weather was clear and sunny, the sun was sweet on the skin, so sweet to feel, she could smell
the earth for it was the beginning of the year and it has only started raining for the year, she was
standing under the pride of Barbados tree lost in thought the scenery was so beautiful, the newly
grown green grass, the thundering sound of the heavy water fall, the blossoming tree and it’s
beautiful red flower and the quiet, it makes you wonder, it makes you want to know what else is life hiding behind those beauty, she felt a hand that wrapped itself around her waist and a body that
cling so lovingly to hers and that perfume….. Her lips curved in a smile I know that perfume. She
turned around to see him.

A vivid picture painted with an exquisite brush only interrupted by a lack of periods. Still a fun read. Will check out next release
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 4:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
CHAPTER ONE

It was pass mid-afternoon and there was a joyous laughter and discussions coming from the famous saloon in the city, the diamond beauty saloon it was popularly known as the gathering place for most of the popular ladies in the state who leaves in that area of the capital.

"Mega growth hair relaxer," Lucy chuckled, "I like this relaxer it really improved my hair"

"Yeah, me too," said rejoice.

"No, I disagree that relaxer almost burnt my hair, I had to do a serious hair treatment for my hair to
repair the damage it caused", said Theresa

"That’s because you don’t possess much hair or maybe the relaxer has some side effect on some
people but that does not mean it a bad relaxer," Joana said.

"To some people it is," Theresa replied back.

"By the way," rejoice said waving her hand in the air as if waving the matter aside, "congratulations on your husband’s success, am very happy for you"

"Congratulations, your husband has become the top big business builder of this country, you must be very proud" Joana said.

"Well of course I am proud, it wasn’t easy at all" Lucy replied.

"Congrats Lucy, sweetheart you deserve it," Theresa said happily but not much happy about it.

The door to the saloon opened and Rita walked in with her swollen belly and James holding her left
hand following her lead and holding her hand bag on the other hand.

"Look at this woman, do you want to become a baby factory?, we all got married before you and each of us has a child and pregnant with our second child but you just married in November the year before last year and you already have two and carrying another one" rejoice said with a sigh of unbelief.

Mrs Rejoice Michael, owner of the DIAMONDS BEAUTY SALOON, she is 23, tall and has a chocolate complexion, talks a lot and she is four months pregnant.

Dr, Mrs Lucy Harrison, a medical surgeon 25 years old, a wife to the famous BBB George Harrison,and a mother Kenny her first child, has a fair but tanned complexion with a model body shape and very beautiful and she is nine months pregnant.

Mrs Theresa David, 25 years old, a wife to Mark David, and a mother to Richard her first child, has atall and slim fit body, has a fair complexion and she is 8 months pregnant.

Mrs Joana Matthew, 23 years old, a mother of Abigail and is six months pregnant.

Mrs Rita Stanford, 24 years old, with two kids Clara and James, average height, 5 months pregnant.

1 Like

Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 5:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
All pregnant women, was these planned?

"Am I complaining," Rita said aAll pregnant women, was these planned?
Am I complaining, Rita said as she made her way to the cushion and ushered her son to sit beside her.
"James say hello to your aunties"

"Good afternoon ma," James greeted.

"Good afternoon" Theresa said

"Hello"….. rejoice replied in a cute childish manner

"Afternoon," Joana replied

"Afternoon James, how was school today," Lucy ask in a loving manner.

"It was fine, thank you ma for asking," James replied.

"Wow, our James is now a big boy," rejoice said

"And a fine boy too," Joana added.

"Oh sweetheart congratulations on your success," Rita said as she remembered.

"Thank you for your good wishes Rita," Lucy replied.

The moment seemed to be awkward for Theresa, she seemed to be envious of Lucy and her
husband success and Lucy seems to be getting all the fame and attention but she decided to draw their attention back by changing the topic.

"My baby kicked" Theresa said with enthusiasm

Suddenly all attention went to her, all the ladies were in awe of Theresa.

"Your baby kicked" Since when did it start? Joana asked

"It started last month but this month the kick became stronger" Theresa replied.

"How old is your pregnancy" rejoice asked

"8 months" replied Theresa

Mine is more frequent these days and my contractions are becoming stronger by each minute, Lucy
said.
That means any moment from now you can go into labour, Rita said carefully as if her words can
trigger the labour to start.
Rita, stop saying it like that it’s not like she would go into labour now, Theresa said.s made her way to the cushion and ushered her son to sit beside her.
James say hello to your aunties.
Good afternoon ma, James greeted.
Good afternoon, Theresa said
Hello….. rejoice replied in a cute childish manner
Afternoon, Joana replied
Afternoon James, how was school today, Lucy ask in a loving manner.
It was fine, thank you ma for asking, James replied.
Wow, our James is now a big boy, rejoice said
And a fine boy too, Joana added.
Oh sweetheart congratulations on your success, Rita said as she remembered.
Thank you for your good wishes Rita, Lucy replied.
The moment seemed to be awkward for Theresa, she seemed to be envious of Lucy and her
husband success and Lucy seems to be getting all the fame and attention, she decided to draw their
attention back by changing the topic.
My baby kicked, Theresa said with enthusiasm
Your baby kicked? Since when did it start? Joana asked
It started last month but this month the kick became stronger, Theresa replied.
How old is your pregnancy, rejoice asked
8 months, replied Theresa
Mine is more frequent these days and my contractions are becoming stronger by each minute, Lucy
said.
That means any moment from now you can go into labour, Rita said carefully as if her words can
Rita, stop saying it like that it’s not like she would go into labour now, Theresa said.
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
All pregnant women, was these planned?

"Am I complaining," Rita said aAll pregnant women, was these planned?
Am I complaining, Rita said as she made her way to the cushion and ushered her son to sit beside her.
"James say hello to your aunties"

"Good afternoon ma," James greeted.

"Good afternoon" Theresa said

"Hello"….. rejoice replied in a cute childish manner

"Afternoon," Joana replied

"Afternoon James, how was school today," Lucy ask in a loving manner.

"It was fine, thank you ma for asking," James replied.

"Wow, our James is now a big boy," rejoice said

"And a fine boy too," Joana added.

"Oh sweetheart congratulations on your success," Rita said as she remembered.

"Thank you for your good wishes Rita," Lucy replied.

husband success and Lucy seems to be getting all the fame and attention but she decided to draw their attention back by changing the topic.

"My baby kicked" Theresa said with enthusiasm

"Your baby kicked" Since when did it start? Joana asked

"It started last month but this month the kick became stronger" Theresa replied.

"How old is your pregnancy" rejoice asked

"8 months" replied Theresa

"Mine is more frequent these days and my contractions are becoming stronger by each minute" Lucy said.

"That means any moment from now you can go into labour" Rita said carefully as if her words can

"Rita, stop saying it like that it’s not like she would go into labour now" Theresa said.

"Okay, that would be enough, let me head home and see what I can prepare for ken I know by now
he’s on his way back from school, I will catch up with you ladies later" Lucy said as she stood up to leave.

"Wait, let me go with you, I have some matters I need to attend to" Theresa said also standing up to leave with Lucy.

They said there good byes in a chorus as Lucy and Theresa open the door and walked out of the
saloon to the parking lot but this time Lucy was walking more slowly and heavy, they walked
towards their cars then Lucy stopped and turned to Theresa.

"Talk to your husband about it, am sure it going to help you guys a lot" Lucy said. Okay?

"okay"

"You guys really need help" Lucy said with a little hint laughter that theresa noticed

"You take delight in my down fall, don't you" Theresa said in her thought.

But lucy wasn't actually laughing about Theresa's case, in fact there's nothing to joke about with Theresa's condition, Lucy was surprised how she got a mood swing at such a very late pregnancy, all of a sudden she felt happy and funny.

1 Like

Re: My World - Jflash by queenitee(f): 11:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 8:03am On Feb 05, 2018
just2day:

A vivid picture painted with an exquisite brush only interrupted by a lack of periods. Still a fun read. Will check out next release
Thanks I maybe a starter but I'll try my best to make it fun for you guys
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 8:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Theresa had misunderstood Lucy at the saloon parking lot, she had got home that evening angry and
frustrated, she remembered the expression on Lucy’s face when she said “you guys really need help”
She mimicked Lucy in disgust, climbing the stairs to her bedroom, she murmured “I’ll make you pay
for that” she went to her husband in the living room after she was done dressing.

“Honey, are you still thinking about it? How long will it take you to make a decision? Honey
say something” Theresa said sitting close to her husband on the cushion in the sitting room, holding
her husband’s arm pushing it forward and backwards like a little girl begging for a doll from her
daddy.

mark loved Theresa so much that she end up being treated like a precious little girl but
Theresa knew when she is supposed to act like a girl and when to act like an adult all the more
reason why mark had trusted her with the company matters.

“What is it you want” Mark asked, knowing fully what his wife was asking for.

“Why can’t you accept George request of you becoming a shareholder in his company, can’t you see
he’s trying to help us”

“Yes he’s trying to help us but I want to do this on my own strength” Mark said.

“If you don’t accept his help then all we have worked for is going to crumble, useless, our energy,
strength and time wasted” she said more calmly, trying to be reasonable but worries was written all
over her face.

“Mark our company is falling, you have a slim chance of making it by yourself and we need George to
be the pillar that would hold our company while we work things out”

“What makes you think he doesn’t have problems on his own, I don’t want to bother him with my
problems” mark said.

“He offered to help us…”

“If I hadn’t brought up the issue, he would never have known in order to offer us help” he cut in
turning to his wife where he hoped he could find comfort and answer.

“You did the right thing” she said, putting her hands on his shoulder “and who said we are been a
burden to him, look at the huge success he made he has more than enough to spare, sweetheart
let’s not lose this opportunity”

Mark seems to be in a deep thought… after a while he said.

“Okay lets us give it a try”

Theresa grabbed her husband in a tight hug and said, “I won’t disappoint you, we will make it back
to the top”

“Alright, be careful with your belly don’t jump too much you might hurt yourself; I don’t want
anything happening to my precious” he lifted her cheek with his hand, “I knew I could always find it
in you”

Alright, alright, she said as she slowly gave him a soft kiss on his lips, he smiled a
smile of gratitude as he returned the favour.
Re: My World - Jflash by Jbfranklin: 9:08pm On Feb 05, 2018
nice update keep it up... divepen1 check this one out she's a novice...
Re: My World - Jflash by DemiKOL(f): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
Okay. Keep it coming
Re: My World - Jflash by igit270: 6:02pm On Feb 06, 2018
tanx for d mention
Re: My World - Jflash by souloho19(m): 2:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
ever present thanks for the mention an kip em coming
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
“Honey, am home” Lucy said loudly as she dropped from the car with difficulty all most seemed
impossible to take another step, she found it difficult to walk to the door, she felt heavy, she opened
the door and walked into the living room once again saying.

“Honey, am home” She was out of breath.
Kenny came down from his room see his mom. Kenny is Lucy’s first child; he is 7 years of age and he
has a dark chocolate complexion and a bit fat.

“Good afternoon, mom”

Lucy turned around to see ken descending from the stairs

“Kenny sweetheart, how are you?” She asked affectionately

“Am fine!”

“Where is your daddy?”

“He said he had a meeting to attend at the office”

“Okay, have you eaten yet?”

He shook his head in a sadistic way, ken had come back from school around 2:00pm although ken
wasn’t hungry by than because he had launch at school but Lucy always make sure that Kenny never
misses his food whether at school or at home this is because as a corporate heir of his father’s
company he’s got to always shine and look healthy.

Academically ken was excellent but his parent would go any level to see that he is perfect, he got his
schedules all drafted out for him, in the morning go to school when he comes back from school eat
launch take a nap and read your school books after dinner read an inspirational book, novel or any
wise sayings for an hour then take the next 30mins to summarize what you have read for the day,
the go to bed early, ken has got a lot of work up his sleeves.

“Why? Where is your nanny” she asked looking very concerned.

“She went to buy vegetables for dinner” Ken replied.

“Okay let me make tea for you”

she struggled to stand up and when she finally did she felt water
pouring out from between her legs, her water bag broke, she gave out a heavy surprised gasp.

“Kenny, call your daddy” She said very fast almost breathless.

She had a contraction and fell to the ground. Kenny rushed quickly to the phone terrified he had no idea
what is happening he was panicking hard and dialled his daddy.

BOARDROOM
“I would like to make a toast to everybody in this room for your endless efforts in making
sure that our company succeeded our company has made billions of naira this year, am very happy
to have met and worked with you all and to you all a toast” George said then he raised his glass as
he stepped down from the stage.

George was known as a man little words but his short words can explain a lot of things, he is
favoured and adored by his employees he treats all his employees both seniors and juniors new and
old equal he believes in equality for all, he has even won the good and supportive side of other
company to his company,

George was standing with matt and a group of his mates when suddenly his phone rang; he reached
for his phone in his pocket brought it out and looked at the identity of the caller, “my queen” he
excused himself and answered it.

“Hello sweetheart” he said on the phone

“Dad, mummy is crying”

“Kenny what’s wrong” he asked worriedly he could hear another voice in the background

“George, come home quickly, hurry up George” she moaned in pains of labour.

George didn’t wait for another word to be said he fled out of the boardroom he ignored matt
who called after him to know what’s wrong he’s expression seemed to have shown something
wrong

but he ignored and went down the hallway to the elevator he press the button, “come on” he
was impatient the door opened and he went in, he dialled the number but no one answered he grew
even more worried.
Soon the elevator door opened and he ran out headed down to the garage went to where he
parked he’s car entered and drove off madly, it didn’t take him 30 minutes before he reached home

he barged into the living room and saw his wife on the floor covered in sweats and breathing so
hard.

“Oh my God Lucy” he rushed to her and knelt beside her, another contraction hit her and she
grabbed her husband’s shirt so tight that it almost ripped in two; George saw her condition and felt
helpless

“Hang on honey I will get you some help, okay?”
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 8:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
He carried her to the car while Kenny followed behind, the small gate opened and the nanny
came in on seeing what is happening she rushed over to George ,dropping the bag containing
foodstuffs she carried,

"Open the gate" George shouted to the gateman.
He lay her down in the back seat and the nanny entered the back seat with Lucy, raising her head
and gently dropping on her laps, Kenny sat on the passenger seat and he drove off to the hospital in
his new Honda CR-V, on his way to the hospital he prayed repeatedly that no harm should come to
his wife or child

On reaching to the hospital, Lucy was immediately rushed to the labour room while George stayed
outside in the corridor, moving from one place to other, going back and forth, he felt a restlessness
that can only be calmed with good news, he could hear the piercing cries of his wife, to him it was
torture but he just had to bear it he sat down but kept tapping his right foot on the floor so hard that
he might break the floor, after some hours of unending waiting the doctor came out of the labour
room, he could hear the cry of a baby, George stood up eager to know what the result is.

“Well it was a difficult one…….”

“How is my wife? Is she okay?” George interrupted worriedly

“All is well, George, congratulations you have a bouncing baby girl, now you just have to wait a while
when they are done dressing the mother and the baby we’ll call you in to see them” the doctor said

“Thank you doctor” he said as the doctor turned to leave.

George fell on his knees, covered his face with his hands and said a prayer of thanksgiving to the
lord. He was still on his knees saying a prayer that seems to never end when a nurse came out of the
room.

“Sir you can come in now” the nurse wasn’t sure if George heard her so she repeated, this time she
tapped George gently on his back.

“Sir you can come in now” the nurse repeated

George turned around to look at her then she quickly withdraws her hand and blushed.

“The doctor said you can come in now we are done, so you can see them now” the nurse said
looking mesmerized by the most famous, sexiest guy in the city

“Thank you” George answered as he rose to his feet.

The size and shape of George made the nurse to blush more hotly and she lost concentration,
releasing that she is almost losing herself she knew she had to leave before she acts like a total fool.

You are welcome, the nurse said as she hurriedly left.

George saw how weird the nurse acted and the dreamy look on her face, thou he knew he had
that effect on ladies but that didn’t bother him the only thing on his mind was his queen and his
new princess.

George is 30 years old but he still looks like he is 25, he is the CEO of GOLDLEAF INTERNAIONAL
CORPORATION, at least if some ladies don’t fall for his looks they will surely fall for his fame and
money, George is 6 feet tall with a masculine and well-structured body and a broad chest, flat
tommy, he has a firm face, dreamy eyes, he is dark chocolate in colour, most ladies considers him
hot and sexy.

he always dresses smartly, he is intelligent, friendly and jovial and he is loving and
compassionate. George is very much in love with his wife Lucy and is very happy with his married
life.

“Hi sweetheart” George said sweetly

“Hi” Lucy said rather weakly

“How are you doing, baby”

She smiled
George went over to the cradle where the little princess lay swinging her hands in the air and
kicking her feet, George bent over and carried her over to her mother on the bed, Lucy sat up and
George placed the baby in her arm, Lucy was overwhelmed with happiness as she stared into her
delicate face her eyes was still closed but her mouth moved. That’s where my life started, right in that very room.

“Looks like you’re hungry huh” George said.

The moment was so beautiful and happy, Lucy closed her eyes and took a long breath in and out,
taking in the moment, she felt George’s soft kiss on her forehead then she opened her eyes. The
door opened and they both turned around to see they doctor.

“You called for me George” the doctor asked

“Yes, i did, George answered, uh… it about the family mark, when do you think we should come for
it?” George asked.

The family mark is a tattoo of a leaf a kind of identity for the Harrison family, the idea of the leaf was
gotten from the name of his company, gold leaf corporation, so that anyone from the Harrison
family will be recognise by that mark, George has always wanted to build an empire of his own and
there is only one person who can make that kind of mark to look exactly like the Harrisons’ but the
mark is not popularly known by everyone but to only the rich people who had strong influence, the
world of the big business builders across countries, the Harrison’s family are the only family ever
known to bear the gold leaf mark they are more like a royal family in the world of business and creating wealth.

Oh yes, that should be two month from now, the doctor said

Okay doctor thank you so much, George thanked him.

You will be discharge very soon, we ran all the tests and your wife and child are in good health,
congratulations once again, the doctor said while giving George a hand shake.

Thank you sir, George said returning the gesture.
Re: My World - Jflash by DemiKOL(f): 8:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks for the update!
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
Am very grateful to all those who followed my story

Please if anyone finds any mistakes in the way I write or arrange my story you will do well to tell or correct me

I'll try my best to see that you'd enjoy my story

Please continue following my story

1 Like

Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 12:43am On Feb 08, 2018
CHAPTER TWO

5 YEARS LATER
Wed, 3 pm

You could smell the sweet air of baked cookies coming from the kitchen, it was a perfect day; mom
was singing while she baked her cookies in the kitchen, dad was up in his bedroom taking a quick
shower before heading back to the office; ken was outside playing football with his friends in the
football field my dad built in our very spacious compound,

ken has grown and his schedule has
change now he can play in his leisure time and me? I was playing in the living room climbing and
jumping from the table to the cushions then I’ll run to the table in the dining room and climb it, I
stood on the table not afraid to fall, I beat my chest, I was playing George of the jungle.

“Honey, am heading to the office” dad said loudly from the bedroom.

“Alright sweetheart, but be sure to come home early for dinner, okay?” mom replied from the
kitchen.

“Where is my treasure?” George asked as he walked into the living room.

“Daddy!” I screamed with excitement my hands in the air as if reaching out to the sky.

“Get down from there, you will hurt yourself” he said as he rushed to grab me before i could have
the chance to fall, “do you want to hurt yourself?” He asked he threw me up in the air and caught
me again, i laughed with excitement then mom came out of the kitchen into the living room.

Your daughter won’t kill me before my time she is so energetic I can’t handle her, Lucy said tiredly

How did you even get up there? Dad ask

Don’t mind her, she has her ways, this young girl can see ways that even you won’t notice, mom said
as she sank into the soft fur cushion.

Where is ken? He ask

He’s outside playing football, mom answered

Okay I’ve got to run, give daddy a kiss, good girl and then dad dropped me on mom’s lap and
gave mum a kiss on her lips.

Hmmm, he made a guttural sound, I love you baby, he said.

I love you too and don’t be late for dinner.

“Okay baby” dad said

But daddy I thought am supposed to be the baby, I said confused, I thought I knew the definition of baby but now am totally
confused, dad didn’t understand the statement I made, he just kissed me on my cheek, “I love you
my baby, are you happy now” i nodded, who cares whether he understood or not all I know Is that I
felt happy

Dad left the house to his car. Mom almost screamed when she turned to see me looking at her with
my gaze so intent on her, i grinned at her.

“What? You know you make me scared at times, stop looking at me like that” mom said feeling shy,
I left mom to the window so I can see dad leave, I kept waving goodbyes at him but when he was out
of the gate I felt something cold and heavy fall on me I stood still and quiet.

“Nicole, Nicole” mom called but I didn’t answer she turned me around to face her, “are you alright?
Is something wrong?” she asked

“Mommy I feel sleepy” my voice sounded like I was crying but my face showed no sign of tears or
any expression of crying,

she carried me up to her bedroom and laid me down on her bed but I was
already sleeping before she got there, she covered me with a blanket and left the bedroom for the living room she was
almost down the stairs when she had this feeling of sadness, she had that feeling earlier in the
morning and now she is having it again.

“Why am I sad all of a sudden?” she asked herself worried and confused.
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 12:58am On Feb 08, 2018
5: 30pm

Mom sat with Kenny in the living room helping him do his assignment and i was in her room
sleeping.

“Mom, we were asked to write a project work on crude oil and it components” ken told mom, "but I
don’t have any means of browsing it"

“Okay, let me get my phone so we can browse it together” she stood up and went up the stairs to
her room to get her phone, from her room she heard a gunshot then another gunshot but this time
it sounded so close to her, fear gripped her, immediately she thought of Kenny and rushed out of her
bedroom, half way down the stairs she saw Kenny laying outstretch on the floor in a pool of blood,
lifeless. She almost screamed but then she saw to macho men with guns in their hands searching the
house, one of them saw her and shot a bullet to her direction but missed her.

I awakened after I had the first gunshot then after the second gunshot I saw mom run out of the
room I followed her and stood by the door way in the bed but she stopped half way down the stair I
saw Kenny lying dead on the floor with blood round him, I didn’t know any better when it comes to
the part that someone dies and you need to cry about it, then I didn’t know that was what we called
death.

Mom ran up the stairs to her room she saw me standing in the doorway, she pushed me in and
bolted the door, she carried me and hugged me so tight the scenario was all so confusing, she looked
all around the room for a perfect place to hide me, suddenly she looked at the bed, it a three
feet bed built with a closet that can be hardly noticed she hid me there.

“Nicole honey don’t make a sound okay? Promise mommy you won’t make a sound” She didn’t wait
for reply she immediately shut the door to the closet. Lucy was trembling so bad it took her almost a
minute to dial her husband’s line.

George just left the office he was driving back home when his phone rang

“Hi honey, am almost home…….”

“Don’t come home, they’ll kill you” her voice was shaking so terribly George became confused

“Baby what’s going on” he heard a gunshot and the line went dead.

“Hello….. Baby answer me” he dropped the phone and increased speed and dialled his friends
number, a male voice answered the phone
“Luke I need you to do me a favour”

After Lucy had dialled her husband, she dialled the police.
“Please help us, we are been attacked, please help us” Lucy said crying.
Already the tugs shoot the locks on the door, damaged it and broke down the door. They shoot her
on one leg she screamed and fell to the ground she held her leg where she has been shot and
moving backwards, suddenly a woman walked in wearing a black trouser and a jacket and a gun in
hand.

“Hello Lucy”

Lucy stared at the woman with unbelief, she opened her mouth but nothing came out, she shook her
head thinking it was a dream but it’s not she could still feel the pain striking her body then she
realised it was real.

“Surprise!!! How did you like your surprise? well you better like it because this is the last surprise
you’ll ever get again” the woman said.

“How..w cou..ld you?” Lucy stammered with tears of betrayal in her eyes

"How could i? Lucy you took everything from me, you took my position in everything, I had to
become second while you enjoyed being first, you are always the pretty one everybody adores you,
you took away my dreams" she said in an angry tone, "and now you’ll get the consequences of
messing with me" she said then she raised the gun to her forehead and pulled the trigger, Lucy
dropped on the floor lifeless.

Meanwhile all this things were happening I was silently watching through a tiny hole on the
door of the closet but ever since I was born I never learnt how to cry unnecessary except when I hadn’t
start talking then I only tell them what I want either by cry or laughing like every child do, my parent
had always made sure I did not lack or want, I started talking when I was a year and half ever since I started talking well my parent made sure that I didn’t know what the call tears they wanted to
create the perfect life for me.

George drove into the compound and parked, he came down and saw the gateman lying dead
on the floor by the gate, rushed into the house and was stopped by what he saw, he went over to his
son who was laying on the floor in a pool of his own blood, he touched ken’s face, tears rolled down
his firm cheek he made a fist to his chest with his hands as If trying to squeeze his heart.

he heard voices upstairs and he rush up stairs to the room, on reaching there he saw his wife lying
dead on the floor with a bullet in her head, he felt like he has been torn in two, he went to his wife
lifted her so that she lies on his laps, he couldn’t hold it in any more, he cried aloud, hugging his wife
so tight to his chest and still crying but then he notice a figure standing before him, raised his head
quickly to see the person standing before him.

“Why is all this happening?” George asked with a husky voice.

Then she bent down to George’s level;
“You are a good man George but in this life before you can get something that is really worthwhile,
you need to make some sacrifices and you happen to be among that sacrifice, I hope you forgive
me” She stood up straight, pointed the gun to George head and inserted a bullet through his head;
George’s body fell backwards to the floor.

“Have you found the daughter yet?” She asked

“No”

“No” they answered

“Then keep searching we must find her” she told them

I have been sitting in the closet all this while i didn’t move a muscle, watching everything like a
movie, a really, really interesting movie.
Suddenly they heard sirens from afar and knew they had to vacate that house or risk getting
caught, as much as she doesn’t want to leave without finding me she can’t jeopardise all her work to
this extent all because of me, so she fled.
Re: My World - Jflash by DemiKOL(f): 9:43am On Feb 08, 2018
Hmm...........
Theresa! Why?
Re: My World - Jflash by FortunateB(f): 10:07am On Feb 08, 2018
Interesting story.
Following
Re: My World - Jflash by queenitee(f): 5:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
What a wicked world
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 12:22am On Feb 09, 2018
Thanks
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 12:25am On Feb 09, 2018
The police and soldiers rushed in taking positions but realised they were too late everyone is dead,
as they were securing they house for further investigation, checking they bodies for possible
fingerprints or any clues regarding to what happened tonight, they heard a little girl’s cry in the
bedroom and found me in the closet.

The very next morning it went out on the news, headline; the ASSASINATION OF THE CEO GEORGE
AND LUCY HARRISON WITH THEIR ONLY SURVIVOR NICOLE HARRISON, soon people began to talk
about it. I was taking away from home and confined at the military camp in an unknown place it was
in a bush actually, that was the last time I saw home, they looked up dad’s phonebook and found
Aunt Martha’s number, I had to stay in the camp for three weeks where no one either the press or
the assassins can get me can get to me until the find a safer place for me.

While I stayed in the camp some people who said they are from a secret agency kept asking me
questions, “did you see their faces” a man in a black suit asked “no sir” I answered playing with my
legs as I waggle them forward and backwards, “did you hear anything they talked about” the same
man asked again, “no sir” but I was curious so i asked “where is mummy?” they looked at each
other then looked at me one of them said to me, “your family is dead” a middle aged man who
stood close to him gave him a nudge with his elbow “that’s too harsh” he said solemnly.
“Look here sweetie” he paused a while, “mom, dad and Kenny have passed away, they’re never
coming back which means you can never see them again.” The middle aged man said
I stopped and became quiet, I may not understand they word “death” at this age but I sure do
understand the phrase “never see them again” I felt an intense loneliness that I became so afraid Icalled out for mom looking around trying to find her but she was nowhere to be seen, I called out for
dad but I got no answer, I called for ken but I didn’t see him running to me, I began to cry then I ran
out of the tent into the woods but not too far from the camp, I sat on a big log of fallen tree close to
a road path.

I spent 2 hours crying my eyes out, I looked so worn out.
I heard footsteps of someone running from a distance “maybe they are looking for me I got to get back to camp” but I couldn’t move I was so tired and I felt like sitting there for the rest of the day,
the sound keeps getting closer and closer and closer until I saw a pretty huge lady wearing a blue
singlet and a three quarter short army colour jogging along the road, she stopped when she saw me.

“Young girl, wetin carry you come here” she asked inquiring an answer her voice was deep, I raised
my head to look at her, she recognised me then came and sat beside me.

"You look so worn out what have you been doing to yourself" she said as she cleaned my dirty face,
neck and hands with her towel “here have some water, you look like you’re parched Oh you poor
thing” she reminded me a lot about mom that I unconsciously hug her and refuse to let go, I started
crying again “mummy” I cried so hard, she patted me on my back and slowly I released her.

“Am sorry” I said

“It okay, look sweetie it alright to cry but you shouldn’t cry all the time, you’ll become tired, you
need to be strong for yourself you are all alone now, okay?” The way she said it seemed as if she
wanted to knock it into my head, I nodded

“May I ask who you are” I asked because I notice her change in slang she had approached me with
broken English but when she recognised me she starts to speak fluent English

“Am Kaila, am one of the drill instructor in this camp.

“What’s a drill instructor?” I asked with curiosity

“Uhmm…. How do I put it… a drill instructor is someone who teaches or guide soldiers on how to
fight or someone who trains soldiers” that was the best explanation she could come up with for a kid.

“Will you teach me how to fight?” she could see the excitement in my eyes.

“Okay now let’s go back to camp” she stood up and carried me on her shoulder as we walked back to camp.
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 12:40am On Feb 09, 2018
The next week following Daddy’s death the board appointed the new CEO of GOLDLEAF
INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION.

BOARDROOM

There was a shareholders meeting and the purpose of this meeting was to appoint a new CEO, the
boardroom was silent, everyone sat looking at the big and comfortable CEO’s seat, then mark broke
the silent.

“I was so shocked when I heard about the news carrying George’s death” Mark said.

“We all were” Mr Phillip said.

“May his soul rest in peace” someone from the boardroom prayed.

And they all answered, “Amen.”

“So what do we do now?” Fredrick asked

“What do you mean?” Clarice asked confused at the statement

“Well someone has to lead us, this company cannot stay another week without a leader, we need to
appoint a new CEO” Fredrick explained further

“Hmm Fred is right, the company has become a mess ever since the CEO died” Philip said

“So how do we do it?” Freda asked

“Let make it easy since we are in urgent need of a new CEO, the shareholder with the highest per
cent of shares in this company becomes the CEO” Fredrick suggested

Majority of them seemed to be in favour of that, so they looked up their files, some whispers
to others while some pass their file to another and then finally Mr Armstrong stood up to announce
the results, everyone stopped their squabbling and listen to him.

“Ugh hmm” he cleared his throat, “it is shown here that Mr Mark David owns 50 per cent shares of
this company and thereby is the newly appointed CEO of GOLDLEAF INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION,
congratulations”

“Thank you very much for entrusting this big responsibility to me and I promise to do my best for the
success and good name of this company, thank you” he said then sat back on his chair.

"But what about Nicole, she is the only person left to inherit the company" Clarice said

"When Nicole becomes mature to handle the company we will hand it over to her" Fredrick replied

"Alright, that sounds good" Clarice said

They all applauded mark and gave him good wishes.

1 Like

Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 11:34am On Feb 10, 2018
After staying in the camp for two weeks i felt like I belong there, ever since I asked Kaila to train me I
had my routine like this, early in the morning I get up by 5 and jog to about 1 mile or more with Kaila
any were i could reach and stop Kaila would ask me to return to camp and do 20 push up and thirty
sit ups when she gets back we’ll do stretching together, at first I thought it was too hard for me but as time went on it became part of me, after that I learn how to punch or learn some skill or i sit and observe.

Some time as we jog by I see some soldiers lying down in the grasses carrying riffles
wearing a helmet made of grass and uniform that looks like they were wearing grass, Kaila would tell me they are on duty and are not to be distracted or disturbed else I will be shot.

Observation is the most very important things Kaila has taught me mostly she would ask me sit
outside and watch the soldiers that are training and i should make report right away, but this time
she was going to teach me something else.

“Kaila, why do almost all the soldiers call you killer instead of your name” I asked as we headed for
the opened veranda in the middle of the camp.

“Sweetie am a drill instructor at times we have to be harsh to make the unserious ones become
serious they say that I am not drilling them instead am killing them, maybe it because I over drill
them so they change my name”

“So what are we doing today?” I asked her
“Today I will teach you how to control your fears in case you are in any danger, never let your enemy
know that you are afraid of him or her,
Stand at Attention ” and suddenly I took position.

“Ajuwaya” I spread my legs apart and hooked my hands behind my back, “now listen, am going to
charge at you with a dagger in my hand, okay? you will defend yourself”

she went to the other side of the ring and came running towards me I shouted and ran then she stopped and I stopped too

"Come here" she carried me by the arm and dropped me in front of her “take a stance” I opened my
legs wider and bended my knees taking a fighting position with my hands fisted across my chest

“look at me I want to see your fierce
face” she commanded I look at her “look straight into my eyes and hold it for 10 min" Kaila never
treated me like the kid I am but instead she treated as I child who is training to take on life in the real world

“you have to learn how to concentrate no matter how afraid you are, they must never see it, now
when you see someone charging at you with a dangerous object, if you can’t find a way to disarm
him then you run but you must think very fast and observe that person from a distance before the
reach you by then you will know whether you stand a chance or not” she positioned me well when
she saw that I wasn’t getting the stance right.

“What are your reasons for running when I was coming at you” she said at the top of her voice

Kaila thought me to answer questions base on the way the question was asked “Firstly I couldn’t stand because you are stronger than I am secondly I wasn’t able to calculate your
speed and action and thirdly I had no clues of what to do when you get to me those are my reasons” I answered looking at her
fiercely still holding my stance my face covered in perspiration.

She smiled at the answer I gave her “stand” she said calmly, I stood straight with my hands behind my back and my
legs apart, “at least my time with you was worthwhile but something you didn’t realise was that you could also use your environment to defend yourself” she touched the tree, the stone then she
packed a handful of sand.
“show me your hands” and I did as she said she poured the sand into my hands, “what do you think
you can do with the sand against your opponent” she asked,

I looked at her then looked at the sand
and back to her face again while looking at her an idea hit me “the eye” then I remembered when ken and I
were playing outside our house, he mistakenly poured some speck of sand into my eyes and I couldn’t see well
for some minute because of the pain and itch.
“I could blind my opponent temporarily” I answered

She smiled “you’re beautiful, you know that, although you will suffer a lot but you must endure it your time hasn’t come yet, practise what I taught you and keep your mind working and alert at all times, stay low and observe every move, it will give you clues on what to do next” she hugged me, I
began to wonder what is happening but then a soldier marched to where we are.

“Killer, they are here” the soldier said, Kaila stood up and let out her hand, I took her hand and we both
walked hand in hand to the commander’s tent where I saw a woman who had a resemblance like
dad sitting, Kaila and I entered and the commander dismissed Kaila but I refused to let go of her
hands, the persuaded me but I still refuse to let go so Kaila was allow to stay.

“Nicole this is your aunty Martha and starting from today you will be staying with her” it sounded
like a bomb in my ear once again I have to let go of someone that meant a lot to me I looked up at
Kaila, she saw my expression she knew I wanted to cry and make a fuse about not going but she
shook her head at me, then I bow my head and covered my face accepting my fate, hot tears were falling but I dare not cry.
Re: My World - Jflash by Jasmineflash(f): 11:43am On Feb 10, 2018
After i was found by the police, they contacted the nearest or should I say the only relative dad had,
who was dad’s eldest sister Martha Kelechukwu she lives in Kaduna; they placed me her custody.
Martha is 32 years old, she is average height and fat thou not very fat.

It was a two hours’ drive from Abuja to Kaduna, I was very tired when we reached Aunt Martha’s
house.

“Home sweet home; this is where you will be staying starting from today, Izuna, Amara, Osita” aunt
Martha called.

“Ohh… mother what is it?” Izuna murmured as they all assembled I was surprised at the rude
response they gave to their mother

“Come and say hello to your cousin from today henceforth she would be staying with us.”

“Mummy why?” Amara asked

“Because she lost her parent and now we are her only family.”

Izuna, osita and Amara are Martha’s children, Izuna been the first son is 9 years old but he is very
stubborn and rebellious considering the lived in a ghetto and his character is rubbing off on Osi, osita
who is the second and he is 7 years old, he’s quite gentle and a bit different from his brother at
home but outside home the kids see him as a bully, Amara on the other hand is a daddy’s girl and
she is 6 years old, she is aggressive, she always wants to be right and on top of everybody, she can
breathe fire if nothing goes the way she wants.

i just stared at them without saying a word.
“Mommy, is she deaf and dumb?” Osi asked

“No she is just scared with what has happened lately. Nicole, say hi to your siblings” aunt Martha
urged me

“Hi am Nicole” I said

Yeah mom told us already, Amara replied

She is pretty, Izuna said eyeing his sister Amara to see her reaction.
Amara made a disgusting face at me, “no she is not”
Izuna laughed, he loved the idea that my presence annoys Amara, “let me carry your bag upstairs,
my princess” he said smiling more widely. Amara got angry and went outside.

Martha and her husband lives in a rented house, although she may not have been as rich as her
brother but she still sustain the family with selling foodstuffs in the market, Martha and her brother
George were never in good terms but only the two of them are left in the family but now it just
Martha.

i was treated well the first four days i came but little by little i became the little maid in the house,
they beat me, starve me and made me do the chores, at times i find herself crying and missing mom, dad and brother, i had to learn how to survive the hard way.
Re: My World - Jflash by matgold(m): 7:04am On Feb 11, 2018
Interesting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Power Of Love: A True Life Story / What's The English Word For "Shakara" / My Flash/short Stories Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.