Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak (15009 Views)

Biggest Amount Of Money You Have Ever Lost In Life And Lessons Learnt From It / 3 Reasons You Need To Start A Cashew Business(with pictures) / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Business Lessons I Learnt From A Physically Challenged Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 02, 2018
4 Business and Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach)

Every tree once started as a seed likewise every successful business and career once started as a dream. So many businesses and careers have crumbled as a result of not knowing how to start, establish and grow. Today, I'm going to unveil to you just four business and career growth secrets out of many that I learnt from a cashew tree.

So, before you eat me up through your comments let me tell you a little about myself. I am privileged to hold a first degree in agriculture. Despite wanting to study medicine and surgery (because that was what was in vogue) I was given the option of accepting to study agricultural science or go back home to waste another year. Meanwhile, I had already spent five years at home waiting to study this same medicine and surgery, but when the opportunity came to study agricultural science, I had to abandon my dream of becoming a medical doctor and grab this opportunity that helped shaped my life forever.
After accepting to study the course, my eyes were opened to the reality of the course. I discovered that agriculture being one of the oldest courses has so many lessons that one can apply in every other facets of life.

If we are wise and studious enough, we'd understand the many life changing principles that plants, the marines, rocks, soil and other aspects of agriculture possess. Take a cashew tree for instance. When a viable cashew seed is planted, watered and properly weeded around, it sprouts and as time goes on begins to bring out leaves. The growth of a cashew tree doesn't start by developing branches, it starts from somewhere, the root.

- The Life of Any Business and Career Is In The Seeds

No matter how much attention and care you give to a non viable seed, it won't grow well. Like I said earlier, the seed of any business or career is the dream and idea. Most times when people struggle with a particular business or career, the problem may not lie with the staffs or strategies employed to grow it but the problem may lie with the dream or idea that birthed the business or career in the first place. Just as a non viable seed will affect the growth of a plant so also a non viable dream or idea will affect the growth and proper development of a business or career.

- How Tall You Will Grow Is A Product of How Strong Your Root Is.

The root of any business or career is the knowledge you possess about your field. If you must grow fast, you must know far. So many people make the mistake of gathering degrees neglecting the knowledge therein. Some individuals and organizations can be deceived by your degrees but not all the time. During my study of the cashew tree I discovered that the bigness of the cashew tree is as a result of the bigness of its roots. Before attempting to grow, it is advisable to study, research and study to build up stamina. Sometimes, we in Africa wonder how businesses in the United States or in Europe manage to stay for hundreds of years, the secret is this, study. Most established companies and organizations in developed nations of the world have research centers while some others partner with top universities to help them with new knowledge and findings. These companies and organizations keep growing because they keep investing in their roots.

- Every Cashew Tree Has a Strong Stem

Before a cashew tree starts developing stronger branches which is a signal for bigger growth, it first of all grows a strong stem. It's the stem that helps to hold the branches in place. As I sat to ruminate on this, it dawned on me that the stem of any business or career is the team. Without the people the vision or dream or idea won't go far. Most companies in Africa are on wheelchairs pushed around by the staffs of the companies and organizations. If the staffs of these companies stop pushing, the company will collapse thus the need to cater for the stems of a business or career.

Before you attempt to grow your business or career, first check to see if your team has the capability to handle an expansion. And if they don't, find out why and work on it before growing branches because a weak stem can't hold a strong branch for too long. They will both collapse.

- They Make Use of The Nutrients of The Soil

There're nutrients in the soil and Cashew trees tap from the nutrients of the soil. In growing our business and career I discovered that the nutrients for growth are the people around. Every business and career needs clients to grow. You must leverage on your clients/customers satisfaction, testimonials etc to grow. For instance, a business with satisfied customers in lagos or Abuja may not need to spend huge amount of money in publicizing their business or services to people in Port Harcourt or Accra or Johannesburg, every satisfied client has the tendency to tell others.

BONUS TIP
Every cashew tree needs rain to grow likewise every business and career.

Succeed You Must!

©Johnspeak Uwangue
Motivational Speaker, Talent Manager and Coach.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by 9jaPromo(f): 10:22am On Feb 02, 2018
U speak well bro!
Thanks for the daily fruit u served to me ‎

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 12:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
9jaPromo:
U speak well bro! Thanks for the daily fruit u served to me ‎
Thanks bro.
Lalasticlala mynd44 Seun

3 Likes

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by phetto(m): 12:32pm On Feb 02, 2018
Post like this should be on the front page not all dis bbnaija rubbish
Good one bro

8 Likes

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by ShitHead(m): 12:33pm On Feb 02, 2018
You learn from a dumb tree?

I will soon post ten lessons to learn from Lagos Mosquitoes.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by SweetyZinta(f): 12:38pm On Feb 02, 2018
Post like this should be encouraged

God bless the O.p

2 Likes

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by drstainlex: 12:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nice write up @OP.
But to be sincere this wasn't what I was hoping to read.
The above listed characters can also be best illustrated with any other fruits as well.
Though i'm not CASHEWS fan but the structure, texture and appearance of that fruit is fascinating.

The first thing you would see on a newly formed CASHEW fruit is the seed: this highlights the need of a startup capital no matter how big or small.

When the cashew fruit matured and it's been eaten, we hold on to the seed (We can refer to this as our CAPITAL ). This to me shows that no matter what never touch your capital.

I drop my pen here

7 Likes

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Durhleepee(f): 12:40pm On Feb 02, 2018
This is brilliant. Thumbs Up

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by congorasta: 12:41pm On Feb 02, 2018
yes Rasta Man
we are the forest people

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by kenNeth05(m): 12:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
Is mınd boostıng..
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by corpersforum(f): 12:51pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nice one johnspeak

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 12:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
Now,this article has given me the impetus to go and study the pawpaw tree. 6 Lessons From The Pawpaw Tree: A Life-long Study coming up... Watch out.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Krafty006: 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
entrepreneurship is interesting
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by ghiloman28(m): 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2018
NICE ONE.. I WANT TO INVEST IN SNAIL FARMING ANYONE WITH BETTER IDEAL ?

3 Likes

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by internetpo(m): 12:59pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thumbs up

Me likey!

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by valx2: 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2018
@Op ..of all the trees you've seen or heard of,na only Cashew you see..what happened to iroko or ukpaka tree.?lol
Nice write-up though.. thumbs up

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Timothy3113(m): 2:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by newslifeop: 5:03pm On Feb 02, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by churchee: 5:48pm On Feb 02, 2018
Too long for successful people to read.

Summary please.
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by silasweb(m): 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by pointstores(m): 6:55pm On Feb 02, 2018
i
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
silasweb:
Thanks for the tip
Thanks for reading and commenting
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
silasweb:
Thanks for the tip
Thanks for reading and commenting
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
churchee:
Too long for successful people to read.

Summary please.
I will try and make it shorter next time.
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2018
valx2:
@Op ..of all the trees you've seen or heard of,na only Cashew you see..what happened to iroko or ukpaka tree.?lol
Nice write-up though.. thumbs up

I will write on other plants next time. Thanks
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
internetpo:
Thumbs up
Me likey!
Thanks to you too
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by olatpic(m): 10:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
Nice

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by FRANKOSKI(m): 5:50am On Feb 03, 2018
GOOD ONE AND CASHEW NUTS ARE AWESOME.

1 Like

Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 03, 2018
olatpic:
Nice
Thanks
Re: 4 Business And Career Growth Secrets I Learnt From A Cashew Tree - Johnspeak by Nobody: 4:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
FRANKOSKI:
GOOD ONE AND CASHEW NUTS ARE AWESOME.

Oh yes! They are

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Hustling That Can Pay Me At Least 6k Daily / 11 Banks Make N261.99bn Net Profit In 3 Months / How Profitable Is Doughnut Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.