Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,434 members, 7,808,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

How Did The Afghans Obtain Guns? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How Did The Afghans Obtain Guns? (566 Views)

Thousands of Afghans flee hundreds of miles across desert to escape Taliban(Pix) / Taliban To US: Don't Encourage Afghans To Leave, We Need Them / First-Person-View Of Afghans Clinging To Kabul Plane As It Takes Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did The Afghans Obtain Guns? by Litmus: 11:14am On Feb 02, 2018
Calais migrants: Five shot in mass brawl

At least five migrants have been shot in the French port city of Calais, after a mass brawl between Afghans and Eritreans.

Four Eritrean youths aged 16-18 are in a critical condition and have been rushed to a local hospital for surgery, AFP news agency reports.

A fifth man was taken to nearby Lille due to the severity of his injuries.

At least 13 more people were wounded due to "blows from iron bars", the local prosecutor's office said.
What led to the violence?

The cause of the clashes is not yet clear but the initial fight on the city's southern outskirts broke out in the afternoon, where migrants had been queuing for food handouts.

Around 100 Eritreans and some 30 Afghans were caught up in the violence, which lasted almost two hours and started when an Afghan fired shots, AFP said.

Ref:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42912670
Re: How Did The Afghans Obtain Guns? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Feb 02, 2018
@Litmus Are you asking this sort of question? Have you stopped to ask why this clash happened in the first place? Now,this is what I think: This is a gang-related brawl. Something having to do with organized crime,in my opinion. That should be part of the explanation as to how they 've got the firearms. BTW,have you watched that CNN documentary that exposed how organized crime syndicates across Europe recruit vulnerable teenage migrants for clandestine drug deals and gun-running? It is an eye-opener,I tell you. When I saw this particular report,I knew some organized crime sh!t[pardon my french] is up in those areas.
Re: How Did The Afghans Obtain Guns? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=Litmus post=64718093]Calais migrants: Five shot in mass brawl

At least five migrants have been shot in the French port city of Calais, after a mass brawl between Afghans and Eritreans.

Four Eritrean youths aged 16-18 are in a critical condition and have been rushed to a local hospital for surgery, AFP news agency reports.

A fifth man was taken to nearby Lille due to the severity of his injuries.

At least 13 more people were wounded due to "blows from iron bars", the local prosecutor's office said.
What led to the violence?
[/quote/] How the Afghans got the guns? Pistols. Maybe. When the Paris attacks happened,I got to learn something new from an analyst on Aljazeera. According to the analyst in question,after the Yugoslav Wars thousands of light and small arms flooded Europe and are now ready to fall into the wrong hands. See?
Re: How Did The Afghans Obtain Guns? by omowolewa: 7:04pm On May 14, 2018
austinite:
Can youUtwsupplyL5uthis: Young PHP Programmer Needed
WXPlease see8rthe linkoGbelow.
XqvUOy lobell1 7JuYIC litmus xqQnKV omowolewa uI8KJz crazyman gds3j7 promismike

Try Lalsticlala, I hate programming

(1) (Reply)

Woman Climbs The Statue Of Liberty In Protest Against Migrant Family Separations / Reactions As 20 Politicians Travel To Russia For 2018 World Cup Finals(photos) / Barack Obama Celebrates 57th Birthday With Praise From Michelle, ‘brother’ Joe B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.