Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here (49908 Views)

My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Nigerians Who Absconded After Traveling To Russia For World Cup, Cry Out. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by bogolobango(m): 3:27am On May 25, 2018
Hi guys it's like I don enter once chance my fan id was approved and it has been shipped to vfs Abuja but theres one thing I just noticed is that whenever I get a notification from fifa my middle is not always showing when i check my personal details on fifa site the name is there but there's patronymic always displaying infront of it and my first and last name including my middle name in written in passport its like mistakenly clicked that patronymic while i was filling my application i wouldn't want a situation whereby my fan id with come without my middle as it in written on my passport to avoid any delay or any issue while traveling someone should pls help me out do I need to apply for another ticket and another fan id or is there anyway I can mail fifa for corrections
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by wale4me: 7:55am On May 25, 2018
bogolobango:
Hi guys it's like I don enter once chance my fan id was approved and it has been shipped to vfs Abuja but theres one thing I just noticed is that whenever I get a notification from fifa my middle is not always showing when i check my personal details on fifa site the name is there but there's patronymic always displaying infront of it and my first and last name including my middle name in written in passport its like mistakenly clicked that patronymic while i was filling my application i wouldn't want a situation whereby my fan id with come without my middle as it in written on my passport to avoid any delay or any issue while traveling someone should pls help me out do I need to apply for another ticket and another fan id or is there anyway I can mail fifa for corrections

It actually not a problem,you will notice while applying for the fan id you have SURNAME,GIVEN NAMES AND MIDDLE NAME..while on the nigeria passport you have ..SURNAME AND GIVEN NAMES. Some people while filling the fan id choose to put there surname and all other name or names will be GIVEN NAMES and they click NO middle NAME while some like you fill there surname and names then the name at the centre of the given name on their passport as middle name but it all accepted so far you put all the names on ur passport on the application...and make sure all the name on your passport appear on the fan id with same spelling .your surname will be on the upper and follow by remaining names .that most important ..but next time while you filling a form anywhere in the world and you are ask to fill your name as it appear on your passport ..NIGERIA PASSPORT HAS NO MIDDLE NAME ..have a safe trip ahead

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by bogolobango(m): 10:41am On May 25, 2018
wale4me thats exactly what I'm talking about the issue now is that whenever I get a notification my third name doesn't not appear but I filled it in the application and i don't have an idea of how my name is written on my fan may be they might have removed it how do i contact them to know what my fan id looks like or i should just buy another ticket and start the process a fresh to get a new fan id
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by wale4me: 11:27am On May 25, 2018
bogolobango:
wale4me thats exactly what I'm talking about the issue now is that whenever I get a notification my third name doesn't not appear but I filled it in the application and i don't have an idea of how my name is written on my fan may be they might have removed it how do i contact them to know what my fan id looks like or i should just buy another ticket and start the process a fresh to get a new fan id

Yes the notification only comes with names and not surname or middle name..the notification does not come with full name ..just ur names but since you use a middle name ..only ur name will be use to send notification but since you sure you fill all correctly .you fan id will have all your surname and names in full ....and do not confuse your fifa account u use to purchase ticket to fan id application ..fifa sending you update on ticket and another sms or email you get from fan id centre on your fan id delivery status are different..do not panic so far your surname and any other name are fill corectly you are okay!
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by phemmy28(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2018
phemmy28:
I want to know if I can collect a fanID for a friend, since the courier has refused to bring the fanID, I have decided to go to abuja to get it myself so while collecting my own, I want to collect a friend's own also. I want to know if the letter of authority has to be notarized for them to accept it or would just having him sign surffice. Thanks.

@wale4me please I need help on this matter
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by drakeli: 1:57pm On May 25, 2018
helpee:
you are using agent for FAN ID again ? Nigerians sha. Anyway, you will need the confirmatory e mail from FIFA that tickets were allotted to you at the point of entry. You can pick the main tickets in russia
It’s like Buhari is right anyway. Lazy youth
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by olujastro: 2:45pm On May 25, 2018
kokoboy4life:

Hello House, i need advice on how to put my already purchased match ticket on sale, due to personal circumstances known to me i wont be able to attend the world cup anymore so that prompt the decision to put the ticket on sale.
I need guidance on the process.
You can only transfer the ticket legitimately on Fifa site. Can we get in touch? I need that ticket as well so I can guide you through it if you haven't done it by now. Waiting for your reply
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by olujastro: 2:50pm On May 25, 2018
I'll be going as well. I already have my trip planned out and I've booked all flights, bus rides and accommodations. The only missing item is the Nigeria vs Argentina ticket.
My trip starts with a flight to Gdansk, Poland and then a bus to Kaliningrad.
Then bus rides and a day or two in each of the following countries: Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia before arriving Saint Petersburg.
I haven't decided whether to return from Moscow or Saint Petersburg.

If you want to transfer the ticket in the bolded, get in touch with me ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by wale4me: 2:50pm On May 25, 2018
phemmy28:
I want to know if I can collect a fanID for a friend, since the courier has refused to bring the fanID, I have decided to go to abuja to get it myself so while collecting my own, I want to collect a friend's own also. I want to know if the letter of authority has to be notarized for them to accept it or would just having him sign surffice. Thanks.

Yes,it has to be notarized and you also go along with photocopy of his passport
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by wale4me: 2:54pm On May 25, 2018
olujastro:
I'll be going as well. I already have my trip planned out and I've booked all flights, bus rides and accommodations. The only missing item is the Nigeria vs Argentina ticket.
Then bus rides and a day or two in each of the following countries: Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia before arriving Saint Petersburg.

Sir,you will need a schegen visa if you decide to travel on road via lithuania,latvia and estonia because russia is not part of the schegen travel zone but you can travel by direct plane it 1 hours 40 minute from kaliningrad to moscow or saint petersburg
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by olujastro: 2:59pm On May 25, 2018
wale4me:

Sir,you will need a schegen visa if you decide to travel on road via lithuania,latvia and estonia because russia is not part of the schegen travel zone but you can travel by direct plane it 1 hours 40 minute from kaliningrad to moscow or saint petersburg
Yes I know. I have a schengen resident permit.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by sirbiolee(m): 5:21pm On May 25, 2018
bogolobango:

How did u transfer ur fans id from VFS Abuja to ur state.. One of my frnd av issue with the person that help him registered asking him to pay him 120k from them to posted it frm Abuja to Lagos.. My frnd only av the fans I'd tracking number.. Any help house..?
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by bogolobango(m): 8:09pm On May 25, 2018
Me i don't even fan id tracking number i just got a message that it has been approved and it will shipped to vfs Abuja lobito cresent
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by wale4me: 8:56pm On May 25, 2018
sirbiolee:

How did u transfer ur fans id from VFS Abuja to ur state.. One of my frnd av issue with the person that help him registered asking him to pay him 120k from them to posted it frm Abuja to Lagos.. My frnd only av the fans I'd tracking number.. Any help house..?

to pay for courier you go to this website of vfsglobal

http://www.vfsglobal.com/fan-id/

under how it works
click courier service and click yes, I have already applied and have a FAN ID number and continue to BUY and you will be directed to the next page of the Russia bank Russian standard bank, you will fill your name. FAN ID APPLICATION NUMBER (8 digit nmber) your email, vfs centre you will choose nigeria abuja and nigeria domestic then you fill your city, delivery address and code and your phone number, you have the option to buy the russia bank travel insurance but it not compulsory you can uncheck that box and the amount will be reduce to about 994.25 rubles that about 18usd equvalient about 6ooo naira and you click proceeed and you will be prompt to enter your card details to pay
NOte: The fan id tracking number has two zeros at the begin follow by 8 digits...that 8 digit is your FAN ID NUMBER ...for example if your fan id tracking number is 0012345678 ...then you fan id number is 12345678 needed for payment but paying is not 100% gurantee it will be delivered to your home promptly but you can be lucky it will be delivered ,that nigerian factor at work and no functional telephone number to contact abuja vfs as per fan id delivery issues.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by bogolobango(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2018
wale4me Oga gun wale research ti poju
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by sirbiolee(m): 9:08pm On May 25, 2018
wale4me:

to pay for courier you go to this website of vfsglobal

http://www.vfsglobal.com/fan-id/

under how it works
click courier service and click yes, I have already applied and have a FAN ID number and continue to BUY and you will be directed to the next page of the Russia bank Russian standard bank, you will fill your name. FAN ID APPLICATION NUMBER (8 digit nmber) your email, vfs centre you will choose nigeria abuja and nigeria domestic then you fill your city, delivery address and code and your phone number, you have the option to buy the russia bank travel insurance but it not compulsory you can uncheck that box and the amount will be reduce to about 994.25 rubles that about 18usd equvalient about 6ooo naira and you click proceeed and you will be prompt to enter your card details to pay
NOte: The fan id tracking number has two zeros at the begin follow by 8 digits...that 8 digit is your FAN ID NUMBER ...for example if your fan id tracking number is 0012345678 ...then you fan id number is 12345678 needed for payment but paying is not 100% gurantee it will be delivered to your home promptly but you can be lucky it will be delivered ,that nigerian factor at work and no functional telephone number to contact abuja vfs as per fan id delivery issues.

Thanks a ton bro.. #MuchLuv
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by phemmy28(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2018
Quick question, I plan on going to russia just to chill for like two weeks in moscow and come back my home, and the match ticket I have is for Nig vs Iceland in volgograd. My question is, will I be given stress at point of entry for only having hotel reservations in moscow and not having a hotel reservation in the city where the match of which I have a ticket will be played? Abi nothing concern them, once the match ticket and fan ID dey in order dem nor go disturb me, just want to know so as to adjust the plan. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by prittygift114: 10:41pm On May 25, 2018
phemmy28:
Quick question, I plan on going to russia just to chill for like two weeks in moscow and come back my home, and the match ticket I have is for Nig vs Iceland in volgograd. My question is, will I be given stress at point of entry for only having hotel reservations in moscow and not having a hotel reservation in the city where the match of which I have a ticket will be played? Abi nothing concern them, once the match ticket and fan ID dey in order dem nor go disturb me, just want to know so as to adjust the plan. Thanks.

Very nice question. Following.
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by davymen(m): 12:33am On May 26, 2018
kokoboy4life

Hello House, i need advice on how to put my already purchased match ticket on sale, due to personal circumstances known to me i wont be able to attend the world cup anymore so that prompt the decision to put the ticket on sale.
I need guidance on the process.[/quote]

do you still want to sell your match ticket ?
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by wale4me: 9:42am On May 26, 2018
phemmy28:

firstly,you do not need to book hotel in every cities you will be watching the games and the organiser of the games provided a free train transport from moscow to major cities hosting the games and return back to moscow, making it possible to stay in moscow and decide to travel to other cities for the games,also fligth from moscow to volgograd is just 1 hr 40 minute ,and airline within russia will increase the number of fligth meaning you can get a fligth to volgograd on the day of the match because most matches are played during the late evenings and return back to moscow after the match ,so bro, you can decide what you want to do and where you want to go when you enter russia.nobody will question why you have only hotel reservation in moscow ,so far the hotel reservation cover the duration of your stay it perfectly and you can also visit other cities FIFA FAN fest and some nigeria musician will be on ground to perform too and so much fun on ground for the worldcup and not just football fooball alone !!!!

In Russia, the FIFA Fan Fest will be held in all eleven host cities of the 2018 FWC, and will run for the entire tournament. For holding events, well-lit locations will be set aside in picturesque spots in central parts of cities, which any fan that plans to attend the World Cup in Russia can get to without problems.

The FIFA Fan Fest will be an indispensable part of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, and its sites – places for meetings between Russians who love football, and fans from other countries.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Uglyboy2015: 9:52am On May 26, 2018
olujastro:

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by Uglyboy2015: 9:54am On May 26, 2018
Why not print the PDF format and have it laminated ?
sirbiolee:

Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by wale4me: 10:05am On May 26, 2018
Uglyboy2015:
Why not print the PDF format and have it laminated ?

The electronic form of a FAN ID
provides the entry of a spectator to the Russian Federation, the exit from the Russian Federation and guarantees the issue of a FAN ID in laminated form on condition that the spectator possesses the ticket for the 2018 FIFA World CupTM (hereinafter – 2018 FWC).
The FAN ID is valid for the period starting 10 days prior to the date of the first 2018 FWC match and ending 10 days after the date of the last 2018 FWC match.
The electronic form of the FAN ID DOES NOT entitle the spectator to access to the stadium. A spectator must visit one of the FAN ID distribution centers to obtain a FAN ID in laminated form.
The electronic fan id is just like an e-visa that allow you to enter and exit Russia but you will get the real laminated fan id when you enter Russia to have access to the stadium meaning if you already have a printed fan id issued then you do not need the electronic fan ID
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by phemmy28(m): 11:35am On May 26, 2018
wale4me:

firstly,you do not need to book hotel in every cities you will be watching the games and the organiser of the games provided a free train transport from moscow to major cities hosting the games and return back to moscow, making it possible to stay in moscow and decide to travel to other cities for the games,also fligth from moscow to volgograd is just 1 hr 40 minute ,and airline within russia will increase the number of fligth meaning you can get a fligth to volgograd on the day of the match because most matches are played during the late evenings and return back to moscow after the match ,so bro, you can decide what you want to do and where you want to go when you enter russia.nobody will question why you have only hotel reservation in moscow ,so far the hotel reservation cover the duration of your stay it perfectly and you can also visit other cities FIFA FAN fest and some nigeria musician will be on ground to perform too and so much fun on ground for the worldcup and not just football fooball alone !!!!

In Russia, the FIFA Fan Fest will be held in all eleven host cities of the 2018 FWC, and will run for the entire tournament. For holding events, well-lit locations will be set aside in picturesque spots in central parts of cities, which any fan that plans to attend the World Cup in Russia can get to without problems.

The FIFA Fan Fest will be an indispensable part of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia, and its sites – places for meetings between Russians who love football, and fans from other countries.

Thanks bruv
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by richinex: 3:40pm On May 26, 2018
Abeg experienced guys, my fan id application got approved May 25th, when do you think I can get it from VfS GLOBAL IN ABUJA, as my match is on the 28th of June and I gotta leave naija before the 26th of June. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by kwenu: 7:12am On May 27, 2018
Hello guys , please i need to be in Russia for this world cup. i try to purchase a ticket on FIFA website but all what i see there available is for disables. please what else can i do to be in russia for the world cup.

is it possible to buy tickets when i get to russia.
must i get a visa to be in russia?

please guys advice me on what to do , time is too short.

thankyou
Re: Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here by goryorhal(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2018
Hello
Good morning please how can i resell my match ticket. Is there anyway i can sell it to a third party.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Crash Barrier Stops Danfo From Falling Off The 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Camels Swim In The Ocean As They Migrate (Video) / See The Lagos-ogun Boarder Town Where People Breathe In Dust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.