Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,732 members, 7,802,213 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? (10718 Views)

I Married Someone I Don't Trust. What's The Way Out? / My God! My God!! Who Have I Married?? / I Married My Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by BB25: 10:31am On Apr 18, 2010
i was in a relationship for 3 years, which came to an end abruptly. i must confess i was very devastated and heart broken. A month after the heart break i met another guy. We started out as friends, nothing serious but it was a distance relationship. it felt like a relief for me after the break up, one thing led to another and 4 months after, he proposed to me and we decided to get married. Now am married to this man, but all along i knew we dnt quite match well but i felt he was quite ok. Am 5months into this marriage and i can tell you am very unhappy and the guy doesn't seem to make it easy for me. we have very different views, while dating i used to enjoy having conversations with him, now the conversations are mere arguments. He aint even as nice as he proved to be while we'd met. I have been thinking and trying to analyze what the problem is cos we fight almost everyday on issues that i must confess aint worth the trouble. My husband doesn't even confide in me, nor involve me in his decisions, i only get to hear about them weeks after.
Which is why i came to the realization that i think i married my rebound guy ( dnt realize he was my rebound guy till now ). I want to be happy, i need to be happy.
WHAT CAN I DO?!!!
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by labiyemmy(m): 11:08am On Apr 18, 2010
stay there, pray for him and with him, patience is the word here - he will change -

try not to nag or argue with him, just be the best you can- see him as the head, see him as your lovely husband, dont see him as a rebound, maybe thats where your problem lies-

what is the meaning of a rebound though - anyone you meet after you break with your ex will always be a rebound, no matter the number of years,
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2010
seek marriage counselor together
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 21, 2010
My dear, you need to stop looking and treating him as a rebound guy, treat him like your man, respect him, dont be agressive or defensive, try not to argue, when you feel like responding to his arguements just put your hads on your chest and tell your self silently to calm down, pamper him, suprise him by taking him out for a pinic you have planned. Treat him like your husband, he will treat you like his wife. men have big egos if he senses that he is second best or that you treat him like secod best he will react the way he is acting now
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by Mudley313: 6:11am On Apr 22, 2010
BB25:

i was in a relationship for 3 years, which came to an end abruptly. i must confess i was very devastated and heart broken. A month after the heart break i met another guy. We started out as friends, nothing serious but it was a distance relationship. it felt like a relief for me after the break up, one thing led to another and 4 months after, he proposed to me and we decided to get married. Now am married to this man, but all along i knew we dnt quite match well but i felt he was quite ok. Am 5months into this marriage and i can tell you am very unhappy and the guy doesn't seem to make it easy for me. we have very different views, while dating i used to enjoy having conversations with him, now the conversations are mere arguments. He aint even as nice as he proved to be while we'd met. I have been thinking and trying to analyze what the problem is cos we fight almost everyday on issues that i must confess aint worth the trouble. My husband doesn't even confide in me, nor involve me in his decisions, i only get to hear about them weeks after.
Which is why i came to the realization that i think i married my rebound guy ( dnt realize he was my rebound guy till now ). I want to be happy, i need to be happy.
WHAT CAN I DO?!!!

u answered ur own question. he's a rebound guy. u fell for him for the wrong reasons. wish u the best of luck cos u go need am plenty
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by nikinash(f): 10:45am On Apr 22, 2010
The problem is you didn't really get to know him before you married him and unfortunately now that you are getting to know him, its proving that you know you would.t have married him if you had gone out longer.

Advice: Get with the program. Start learning to appreciate the good things about him. It may be difficult but try. You can make this work because there's no perfect man anywhere. There's no telling what pains you might have had even if you had married the other guy. So make it wok. Look for the good points and work with those. Also stop seeing him as the rebound guy and start treating him like the king of your heart and he may just reciprocate. Don't forget he also is only beginning to know you and he may not be liking what he's seeing.
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by okenwa(m): 6:35pm On Apr 22, 2010
it is u that can make up the happiness that u want, accept to be happy.the impafection u now see in him was due to the short dating u both had. do not do wat i am thinking while reading ur thread
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by okenwa(m): 6:37pm On Apr 22, 2010
it is u that can make up the happiness that u want, accept to be happy.the impafection u now see in him was due to the short dating u both had. do not do wat i am thinking while reading ur thread.stay humble
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by jumie(f): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2010
Concentrate more on his good side. Do not see him as a rebound or any such thing. Treat him well and no matter the heat, don't argue with him. Ask God for wisdom, because it takes God to make a marriage work.
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by coolier(f): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2010
@labiyemmy:

what is the meaning of a rebound though - anyone you meet after you break with your ex will always be a rebound, no matter the number of years,

To marry on the rebound: Loveless marriage to the first person that comes ones way just to get over a disappointment or break in a long term relationship.
And I disagree with the last bit, she could have waited, she could have found love again and that wouldn't be on the rebound!
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by nethacker(m): 7:13am On Apr 24, 2010
if u change the way u look at things, the things u look at will change,
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by nikinash(f): 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2010
^^^ very nice
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by simpleseyi: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2011
PLEASE SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE. Our grandparents tolerate themselves and have long endless marriage even though their marriages were arranged without dating. I WILL BE PRAYING FOR YOU.

1 Like

Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by otokx(m): 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2011
This is were i must marry gets you to; very soon we shall here he is cheating on me
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by Roland17(m): 10:34pm On Sep 02, 2011
You can not eat ur cake and have it.
Re: I Married My Rebound Guy, What Do I Do? by 2goodbobo(m): 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2011
This is what happens when one marries for marriage sake and not for true love.
is too late to backout from the marriage now gurl.you gat to be strong and learn
to talk to him and pray for him.

(1) (Reply)

Love Or Trust: What Should Come First In A Relationship? / "How I Have Lived Up To 126 Yrs Old" - Famous Nigerian Woman Shares Her Story / Why Women Of This Generation Are Not Submissive By Tosin Martins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.