Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,456 members, 7,781,313 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:18 PM

The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal (15932 Views)

Why Nigerians Should Embrace Snake Rearing - Abubakar Ballah / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Now Going Into Online Businesses / Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Lazyreporta(m): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2018
The launch of PayPal in Nigeria in mid-2014 introduced a more secure way to transact, in a simpler and more flexible manner across borders; opening up a world of shopping possibilities for Nigerian consumers. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them pay online without sharing financial information with the sellers.

A recent study conducted in Nigeria by Ipsos*– a global market research company – on behalf of PayPal shows an expectation by Nigerian consumers to conduct more shopping online. Out of the approximately 50 million internet users in Nigeria, 65% of users already shop online and another 24% of users expect to do so in the future.

These numbers clearly demonstrate that Nigerians have a big and growing appetite for E-commerce.

Here is a list of the top 5 reasons why Nigerian consumers choose PayPal and use it for online shopping.

1- A more secure way to pay online
When you make a payment with PayPal your financial details are not shared with the seller. This gives you more control over your financial information and provides you with an extra layer of security.

2- The benefit of PayPal Buyer protection
We also protect eligible purchases with PayPal Buyer Protection. If an eligible item doesn’t show up, or turns out to be different than described, PayPal can help sort things out with the seller. See Terms and Conditions.

3- Shop on thousands of websites around the globe
PayPal is a truly global payment platform that is available to people in 203 countries and markets. You no longer need to book a flight ticket to shop worldwide as PayPal is an accepted form of payment on thousands of websites around the globe. And the fact that your financial information is never shared with the seller is even more reassuring when it comes to shopping online from a merchant from another country that you don’t necessarily know.

4- Online shopping made easier
Using PayPal when paying online makes your life easier. When checking out with your PayPal account, you do not need to type in all your credit card details and shipping information for each transaction- everything is already stored in your PayPal account and kept secure. All you need is your PayPal account’s email address and password and you will get through the checkout in no time.

5- Free to sign up
Last but not the least, signing up for PayPal is free and it’s a breeze; all you have to do is follow the steps below:

source.......... https://www.entrepreneur.ng/tech/5-top-reasons-why-nigerians-should-prefer-paypal/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by whitebeard(m): 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2018
Iz it available in naira

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Lazyreporta(m): 4:42pm On Feb 02, 2018
I have just written a book on how to legally open a lesotho paypal that send and receive fund with naija doc and card.

For the sake of those who are requesting for how to, I will be creating another thread on how to open a Lesotho paypal account for free in few minutes.

No VPN, legal

I will be showing you steps to do that.

6 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by dominique(f): 5:22pm On Feb 02, 2018
Can Nigerians receive funds on PayPal now?

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Lazyreporta(m): 5:30pm On Feb 02, 2018
dominique:

Yes, there's a technical know how which is legit. 100%

3 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by dominique(f): 7:17pm On Feb 02, 2018
Lazyreporta:

Ok
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by SwaGUnLimiTeD(m): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2018
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Sharon6(f): 6:52am On Feb 03, 2018
Nice points. Sadly Nigerians cannot receive funds on PayPal.

PIMPLES/SPOTS REMOVER? CHECK MY SIGNATURE.

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:
I have just written a book on how to legally open a lesotho paypal that send and receive fund with naija doc and card.

How did you go about it sir?
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by highchief1: 6:54am On Feb 03, 2018
Sharon6:
Number
how much do u take for sex per night?

3 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by fergieboy: 6:54am On Feb 03, 2018
When I can start receiving funds.. They should let us know

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Timoleon(m): 6:55am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:

where iz the article
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by abbenism001(m): 6:55am On Feb 03, 2018
I Need an info on how to fund my paypal acct
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Timoleon(m): 6:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:

share this info sire
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Pavore9: 6:56am On Feb 03, 2018
What bothers many is how to receive money through their Nigerian PayPal account!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 6:58am On Feb 03, 2018
Stupid CBN Governor. How can you allow a medium that only permits you to take out money from your economy without the reverse to operate in your country?

Nigeria has over 100,000 internet business owners and freelancers working legitimately online and earning dollars but we are finding it difficult to repatriate our income home.

What sort of nonsense is this

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by SEYILIGHT(m): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2018
Lol

Lol
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by bigl: 6:58am On Feb 03, 2018
dominique:

Since 2014. There's paypal naija and i've used it several times till govt blocked our cards from using it but I guess we can use it again.

U know say this our ogas na "trial and error" method dem dey do

2 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Ayus34(m): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:

Plz I will need it
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by abilityC: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:

They will block your account, Paypal states clearly on their site that they do not permit Nigerian accounts to receive money, meaning Nigeria Paypal Account holders can only spend as na we mumu pass only to the spend our money they want

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:

Go and open a carwash business instead of looking for who to buy your pirated useless ebook

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by sonofthunder: 7:00am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:

can you please explain this for me, thank you.
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by HAH: 7:01am On Feb 03, 2018
I call on all well meaning nairalanders to continue derailing all bbnaija threads,

Our mumu Don do

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Proffdada: 7:01am On Feb 03, 2018
grin
highchief1:
how much do u take for sex per night?
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 03, 2018
Ok

Pay your suppliers in china
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by abidex0z(m): 7:03am On Feb 03, 2018
PayPal is a no no... since last year they have stopped accepting linking of Nigerian MasterCard,after sending them my heartfelt message,one of their officials called me and I was told that Nigerian financial institution is responsible for that....since then I had to stick with payoneer, however PayPal exchange rate is more enjoyable compared to payoneer with heavy charges after every withdrawal from the ATM machine.. .Nothing is going to work in this country...

4 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Flexherbal(m): 7:06am On Feb 03, 2018
2- The benefit of PayPal Buyer protection
We also protect eligible purchases with PayPal Buyer Protection. If an eligible item doesn’t show up, or turns out to be different than described, PayPal can help sort things out with the seller. See Terms and Conditions.
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by shortgun(m): 7:08am On Feb 03, 2018
used to work before but Diamond bank stopped international card transactions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Judge Issues Arrest Warrant For Exxonmobil's Richard Laing / The Sports Investor Thread - Sure Daily Picks / 7 Ways To Fund Your Startup Idea As A Nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.