Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:24 AM

CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria (58295 Views)

CAN Rejects CAMA, Says Government Cannot Control Churches / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Benny Hinn 'Faints' As A Nigerian Sows $1 Million Into His Ministry (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by OCTAVO: 11:55am On Feb 03, 2018
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by olua1(m): 11:57am On Feb 03, 2018
wetin concern bird with tooth brush!!!!�

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by delishpot: 11:58am On Feb 03, 2018
Fight. Fight. Fight!

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2018
Of course, the Nigerian Church does not want things to change because it has never had it so good. The carnivorous economy has driven the greater portion of the population into its arms, where they are further impoverished by the prosperity doctrine (first fruits, sowing of seed, strictly policed tithe-regime).

And the pastors smile to the banks with bullion vans, they ride Rolls-Royces and measure dīcks with pastor colleagues (my private jet is bigger than your own).

If you were in their shoes would you want things to change?

5 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2018
Benny Hinn prophecy is direct and straight to the point unlike some of the ones in Nigeria all I could get is Prosperity,prosperity and wealth.As for CAN this level of childishness did not start today.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hmmm!
'Holy Spirit' refutes 'Holy Spirit'.
Confused followers.
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by petitejolie(f): 12:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
but what re this can piple saying sef? na fight? I even thought d Benny hinn swear for Nigeria until pulpit sef.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:06pm On Feb 03, 2018
All of them are charlatans. American televangelists and pastorpreneurs basically bred the Nigerian breed. A twisted, toxic, hollow prosperity gospel that has enslaved millions of mindless sheep. The only thing from America that we could copy.

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by AuroraB(f): 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2018
Am I supposed to read this hogwash undecided undecided undecided
Adi eme ya eme angry

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by zabuur: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2018
geosuzzy:
Whatever it is, I think is wrong attacking ourselves as Christians, u can neva see Muslims do this or result to public abuse of demselves

Coz Muslims follow one unadulterated holy book. Islam is meant to be propagated and not promoted. Being an Imam, an alfa in Islam doesn't come with financial benefits and u don't see any Muslim man or woman making prophecies.

Those are d reasons Muslims don't result to public abuse of themselves

4 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by iluvdonjazzy: 12:32pm On Feb 03, 2018
Samusu:
Which kind wahala be dis
I tire o, I did not see anything wrong in his prophecy, he said fast and pray, so what wrong with that.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by cytell56: 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2018
donnie:
CAN rejects Benny Hinn’s prophesy on Nigeria

Hinn didn’t imply Nigeria has no prophets -PFN

The Nigerian apex Christian body, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), has said that it does not need any foreign prophet to tell Nigerian Christians that there a spiritual battle over the soul of the nation. Benny Hinn reportedly had prophesied in the presence of Senator Dino Melaye, Femi Falana, Jerry Gana and others, during a recent program organized by Rev Tom Amenkhienan of Christ Embassy Abuja that God had spoken that in a matter of weeks, there will be political changes in Nigeria.

His words: “What I am sensing would happen few weeks from now, not months. I have never sensed before what I am sensing now. God is sending an anointing for political authority to the church. The church would affect the government of Nigeria.

There is a shift in the atmosphere.” According to Benny Hinn, God is bringing changes to Nigeria’s political sector. He continued: “The church has to fast for 21 days just like Daniel did, not 20 or 19. Partial fasting, eat only once in a day.

When you fast, I want you to target the individuals you want to see removed from office. Call them by names and their offices. This time you must take the kingdom by force. I see adjustment and changes in the political sector of Nigeria. “The church has the authority. Kathryn Kuhlman said ‘No nation is stronger than the anointing it’s church is carrying. You must declare the changes you want to see while fasting.’”

The American preacher also asked the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) to organise men of God in Nigeria to take a helicopter ride and speak healing, prosperity and wealth over the atmosphere.

“Pray in tongues over Nigeria. I sense a divine anointing for change that will affect the economy of Nigeria positively. You wait when you finish the fast; you will call me and tell me what God has done in Nigeria. The churches in Nigeria will affect the map of Africa.

We will pray for prosperity to rest in Nigeria and all powers not of God will be defeated. “Call the politicians you do not want to remain in power by their names and their offices. When the fast is over watch what happens in Nigeria. This should be organised by CAN and PFN working with all church leaders in all denominations in the nation. The fast should start immediately starting with repentance for the land and the sins of the church,” he said.

Reacting to the prediction, CAN Secretary, Rev. Musa Asaka said that CAN did not invite Benin Hinn, adding that the American prophet did not speak to CAN. “Does he know CAN? Does he have any relationship with CAN, Asake further asked.

Apparently not moved by Benny Hinn’s prediction, Asake said that many people are coming out to give prophesy that have not come to pass. “So he was not here for CAN, he did not talk to CAN and CAN cannot comment on his prophesy,” CAN Secretary said. Also giving his personal opinion on the issue, the Chairman of CAN Lagos State chapter, Apostle Alex Bamgbola explained that nobody needs to tell the church in Nigeria that it is time to rise up, fast and pray.

He said that has been going on before Benny Hinn came. “The issues confronting us are so serious and we know that Christianity is being challenges so fasting and praying have been going on already, we are crying on to the Lord,” Bamgbola added. He, however, noted that there are many prophets all over the world.

“We have enough prophets in Nigeria, so we appreciate his comment that is my personal opinion,” Bamgbola said. He, however, added that prior to Benny Hinn’s coming, CAN Lagos had scheduled prayers and fasting meetings.

“That is part of what I am talking about. It is not because Benny Hinn asked us to fast and pray, we understand that the problems we have is not carnal but spiritual.

We know that we have a serious battle to fight, because the soul of this nation is being contested and the battle is more spiritual than physical,” Apostle Bamgbola added. But PFN President, Dr. Felix Omobude, said that Benny Hinn did not imply that there are no prophets in Nigeria. He however explained that Nigerian Christians have been a praying people.

“Benny Hinn is a known prophet’ I am sure that he did not imply that there are no prophets in Nigeria. There is no need to say he is a foreigner or so, if he had been a Nigerian, of course we will act upon his prophesy,” Omobude said.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/01/can-rejects-benny-hinns-prophesy-nigeria/

See reactions below...

Anie February 1, 2018 at 11:57 pm
It’s so good to know that some folks are still in their kindergarten in their christian walk even when they are celebrated as leaders.Sadly, they don’t grow in God by their religiosity, age or title. The statement has revealed what CAN really stand for. Hatred, politics, pride…name it! It’s soooo sad.

Anyeri January 31, 2018 at 8:47 pm
PRIDE. This is the very sin that makes it look as if God has rejected these people. And they do not seem to be ready to give up their old ways.
They are angry because Benny Hinn seems to respond to only Pst Chris Oyakhilome’s invitation.
God did not send you to attack pastor Chris when you did so several years ago. Now the stone that you rejected has become the chief corner stone.
That is the normal way things go. Read your bible.

TOPE January 30, 2018 at 3:45 pm
IS ASAKA & BAMGBOLA REALLY MEN OF GOD IF YES Y DISREGARD A CALL TO PRAY FOR THE NATION

Adeola January 30, 2018 at 11:24 am
This response by CAN is exactly why Nigeria is where it is. Pride and arrogance of so called spiritual leaders who are not ready to humble themselves and seek the Lordunited as one body of Christ.

Yusuf January 29, 2018 at 7:15 pm
Xtianization of Nigeria in progress! This man has come to expose a hidden agenda. Wonderful work of God. Nigeria remains a secular state. God save Nigeria.

Oluwasegun January 28, 2018 at 8:48 am
God can send any of his children from any part of the world to any part of the world.can should just humble herself and specifically what the man of God said. And don’t behave like the old prophet in the bible.

Lalasticlala... hope you've started fasting?

Does their rejection change anything?
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Humility017(m): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Benny Hinn prophecy is direct and straight to the point unlike some of the ones in Nigeria all I could get is Prosperity,prosperity and wealth.As for CAN this level of childishness did not start today.
I tell you my friend....
I was really removed wit pastors Benny himm prophesy....that's the only way to effect a change in this nation...and not by the chant of go get your pvc bla bla

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by aalangel(f): 1:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
CAN!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Humility017(m): 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2018
iluvdonjazzy:
I tire o, I did not see anything wrong in his prophecy, he said fast and pray, so what wrong with that.
the pastor...is apt and correct. CAN cannot see beyond their nose

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by shadrach77: 1:06pm On Feb 03, 2018
Look at these fools. So because he didn't recognise CAN his prophecy is false abi? Are you God ? cry kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2018
Humility017:

I tell you my friend....
I was really removed wit pastors Benny himm prophesy....that's the only way to effect a change in this nation...and not by the chant of go get your pvc bla bla

Both work together o shocked
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Humility017(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2018
donnie:

Both work together o shocked
yeah...we need back it up wit prayer....
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by TribesNG: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2018
donnie:

The Nigerian apex Christian body, the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), has said that it does not need any foreign prophet to tell Nigerian Christians that there a spiritual battle over the soul of the nation. Benny Hinn reportedly had prophesied in the presence of Senator Dino Melaye, Femi Falana, Jerry Gana and others, during a recent program organized by Rev Tom Amenkhienan of Christ Embassy Abuja that God had spoken that in a matter of weeks, there will be political changes in Nigeria.

His words: “What I am sensing would happen few weeks from now, not months. I have never sensed before what I am sensing now. God is sending an anointing for political authority to the church. The church would affect the government of Nigeria.

There is a shift in the atmosphere.” According to Benny Hinn, God is bringing changes to Nigeria’s political sector. He continued: “The church has to fast for 21 days just like Daniel did, not 20 or 19. Partial fasting, eat only once in a day.

When you fast, I want you to target the individuals you want to see removed from office. Call them by names and their offices. This time you must take the kingdom by force. I see adjustment and changes in the political sector of Nigeria. “The church has the authority. Kathryn Kuhlman said ‘No nation is stronger than the anointing it’s church is carrying. You must declare the changes you want to see while fasting.’”

The American preacher also asked the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) to organise men of God in Nigeria to take a helicopter ride and speak healing, prosperity and wealth over the atmosphere.

“Pray in tongues over Nigeria. I sense a divine anointing for change that will affect the economy of Nigeria positively. You wait when you finish the fast; you will call me and tell me what God has done in Nigeria. The churches in Nigeria will affect the map of Africa.

We will pray for prosperity to rest in Nigeria and all powers not of God will be defeated. “Call the politicians you do not want to remain in power by their names and their offices. When the fast is over watch what happens in Nigeria. This should be organised by CAN and PFN working with all church leaders in all denominations in the nation. The fast should start immediately starting with repentance for the land and the sins of the church,” he said.

Reacting to the prediction, CAN Secretary, Rev. Musa Asaka said that CAN did not invite Benin Hinn, adding that the American prophet did not speak to CAN. “Does he know CAN? Does he have any relationship with CAN, Asake further asked.

Apparently not moved by Benny Hinn’s prediction, Asake said that many people are coming out to give prophesy that have not come to pass. “So he was not here for CAN, he did not talk to CAN and CAN cannot comment on his prophesy,” CAN Secretary said. Also giving his personal opinion on the issue, the Chairman of CAN Lagos State chapter, Apostle Alex Bamgbola explained that nobody needs to tell the church in Nigeria that it is time to rise up, fast and pray.

He said that has been going on before Benny Hinn came. “The issues confronting us are so serious and we know that Christianity is being challenges so fasting and praying have been going on already, we are crying on to the Lord,” Bamgbola added. He, however, noted that there are many prophets all over the world.

“We have enough prophets in Nigeria, so we appreciate his comment that is my personal opinion,” Bamgbola said. He, however, added that prior to Benny Hinn’s coming, CAN Lagos had scheduled prayers and fasting meetings.

“That is part of what I am talking about. It is not because Benny Hinn asked us to fast and pray, we understand that the problems we have is not carnal but spiritual.

We know that we have a serious battle to fight, because the soul of this nation is being contested and the battle is more spiritual than physical,” Apostle Bamgbola added. But PFN President, Dr. Felix Omobude, said that Benny Hinn did not imply that there are no prophets in Nigeria. He however explained that Nigerian Christians have been a praying people.

“Benny Hinn is a known prophet’ I am sure that he did not imply that there are no prophets in Nigeria. There is no need to say he is a foreigner or so, if he had been a Nigerian, of course we will act upon his prophesy,” Omobude said.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/01/can-rejects-benny-hinns-prophesy-nigeria/

See reactions below...

It’s so good to know that some folks are still in their kindergarten in their christian walk even when they are celebrated as leaders.Sadly, they don’t grow in God by their religiosity, age or title. The statement has revealed what CAN really stand for. Hatred, politics, pride…name it! It’s soooo sad.

PRIDE. This is the very sin that makes it look as if God has rejected these people. And they do not seem to be ready to give up their old ways.
They are angry because Benny Hinn seems to respond to only Pst Chris Oyakhilome’s invitation.
God did not send you to attack pastor Chris when you did so several years ago. Now the stone that you rejected has become the chief corner stone.

IS ASAKA & BAMGBOLA REALLY MEN OF GOD IF YES Y DISREGARD A CALL TO PRAY FOR THE NATION

This response by CAN is exactly why Nigeria is where it is. Pride and arrogance of so called spiritual leaders who are not ready to humble themselves and seek the Lordunited as one body of Christ.

Xtianization of Nigeria in progress! This man has come to expose a hidden agenda. Wonderful work of God. Nigeria remains a secular state. God save Nigeria.

God can send any of his children from any part of the world to any part of the world.can should just humble herself and specifically what the man of God said. And don’t behave like the old prophet in the bible.

If Buhari catch this man ehh...
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2018
TribesNG:

If Buhari catch this man ehh...

Why are you thinking one one side?
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by stankiss: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2018
No wonder u wia called Christian Assassination of Nigeria grin grin grin
He who have ears let him hear what the spirit is saying..... Fast and pray

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by ikoduduakpode(m): 1:43pm On Feb 03, 2018
CAN, WHAT IS THE name MUSA doing there? THIS SET OF CAN people nonsensical SET OF people. most they react.

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by lloyds(m): 1:46pm On Feb 03, 2018
Benny hinn been controversial though. Hmm.
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by toswots: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hmm... It's quite unfortunate that my ppl perish cos they lack knowledge... Don't CAN read their Bible to know that the secret things belong to God, and the ones He shares are for us. I'm so SAD for CAN.
i implore we take it up individually and pray., God will work with our sincere prayers.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by yazach: 2:08pm On Feb 03, 2018
donnie:

See reactions below...

So MURIC is very correct when it says CAN is politicizing religion

1 Like

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by donnie(m): 2:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
yazach:

So MURIC is very correct when it says CAN is politicizing religion

We serve a living God who is concerned about politics, especially when His people cry unto him to deliver them from oppression.
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by deebrownneymar: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2018
This is the major thing protestants are good at. Fighting each other.
Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by profmallor: 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
CAN CAN CAN, what a response. If indeed CAN has called for fasting prior to now, their response should be more of the spirit of God is one, thanking Pastor Benny Hinn and stating that we are already in fasting. CAN is a political body, already sabotaged by the government since GEJ days. Well, we at MFM are already in fasting and praying for our church, Nigeria and ourselves. And the host of heaven shall disgrace all the obvious and concealed enemies of Christianity in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: CAN Rejects Benny Hinn Prophecy About Nigeria by Lovine: 2:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
Is Ben a prophet? Anyway he said 'sensing' not prophecy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeboye's 63rd Birthday Message To David Oyedepo / Peter Zuni, Kaduna Priest Married Two Wives / Pastor And Choir Mistress Caught Kissing After Night Vigil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.