Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting (42894 Views)

Three Generations Of Ooni Of Ife And Their Rolls-royces (PHOTOS) / Traditional Rulers Council In Cross River State Warns Igbo Community. / First Appearance Of Ooni Of Ife And His New Wife Olori Naomi As She Minister(vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by AdaFonju: 11:22am On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:
Nigeria is the only country in the world where the number of kings is more than the number of kingdoms. These ''kings'' are great leakages to our collective resources,live exorbitant lives and weild authorities which lead to chaotic situations. We need restructuring not only in the political institution but the traditional institution should be included. [s]Traditional rulers in Nigeria should not be more than 3 which are Oba of Benin,sultan of sokoto and ooni of ife[/s].
Rubbish no King is superior to another

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by Jaymaestro(m): 11:22am On Feb 03, 2018
NaoSlay:

The fight was purely scripted..

They were just trying to be relevant.

Reymeistero is back to WWE royal rumble.

WWE was loosing their fan base due to poor scripts so they had to bring a fan favourite back.

The script writer who brought the idea of bringing reymeistero back deserve an award.

Is this true ? I missed him . Wrestlemania has been boring with all these new brawlers . I even stopped watching after Rey and some of them retired.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by AdaFonju: 11:25am On Feb 03, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
I hope hidden CCTV covered the confrontation between 2 useless yellowbar kings in Biafra land... what are they doing there Ogun state no do them
The entire Rivers state will never be part of that rubbish bia fraudd , biafra starts in Ozubulu & ends at the Uratta dirty dump alng ph road
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by CSTR2: 11:27am On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:
Nigeria is the only country in the world where the number of kings is more than the number of kingdoms. These ''kings'' are great leakages to our collective resources,live exorbitant lives and weild authorities which lead to chaotic situations. We need restructuring not only in the political institution but the traditional institution should be included. Traditional rulers in Nigeria should not be more than 3 which are Oba of Benin,sultan of sokoto and ooni of ife.
ThAT IS A DISRESPECT to other kingdoms. And you deserve to be restricted by royal decree to only your tiny ethnic enclave under the rulership of your king who you seem to respect more than others.

The oba of Benin for example has a smaller Kingdom in modern Nigeria than many kings in Nigeria. And none of those your listed kings have relevance beyond their terrain.

Infact, if we are going by size and relevance of kingdoms, there are a number of kings that should be included.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by bodee(m): 11:30am On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:
Nigeria is the only country in the world where the number of kings is more than the number of kingdoms. These ''kings'' are great leakages to our collective resources,live exorbitant lives and weild authorities which lead to chaotic situations. We need restructuring not only in the political institution but the traditional institution should be included. Traditional rulers in Nigeria should not be more than 3 which are Oba of Benin,sultan of sokoto and ooni of ife.
Hence, such a drastic change requires a drastic effort or radical policy and plan so either a military take over or revolution is necessary.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by samzzycash(m): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2018
Alexgeneration:
I just hope you're just seeking attention otherwise you're a big disgrace for not knowing the yoruba history.
Start reading about the history of Oyo empire from renowned scholars
mumu
that oyo was a Great empire doesn't mean the Alafin is custodian of the yoruba race. Ile ife has always been the cradle of the yoruba people you are the one who should go back and study history

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by delishpot: 11:40am On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:

Igbos would want their own too. The Ijaws would want theirs (Amayanabo) too so no, Niaja is not made up of only 3 ethnic groups.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by emmasege: 11:41am On Feb 03, 2018
Alexgeneration:

The Alafin of Oyo is the custodian of yoruba culture.
Lie from the pit of hell. Is Oyo the ancestral home of Yorubas? The fact that Alaafin managed to subdue kingdoms and conquer territories, does not make him the custodian of our culture.

The custodian of a culture can only be where the culture is or emanated from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by okk4sure: 11:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Oluwo again!He sud gently ask Oba of Lagos hw d thing went down after direct confrontation wth Oni of Ife.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by oz4real83(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2018
CSTR2:

ThAT IS A DISRESPECT to other kingdoms. And you deserve to be restricted by royal decree to only your tiny ethnic enclave under the rulership of your king who you seem to respect more than others.

The oba of Benin for example has a smaller Kingdom in modern Nigeria than many kings in Nigeria. And none of those your listed kings have relevance beyond their terrain.

Infact, if we are going by size and relevance of kingdoms, there are a number of kings that should be included.
go and study history again about the Benin empire/kingdom. Have u heard of the ''bight of benin''? Do u know that benin kingdom was doing foreign and exchanging ambassadors with foreign kingdoms/countries for centuries? Don't read benin history from local authors. Their egos won't make them tell u the truth about how powerful the benin oba was. Read about benin history by foreign authors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by oz4real83(m): 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2018
Holywizard:
U are an idiot. Let ur stupid Yoruba kings come to Ibo land to rule
u just showed how low u are. I am not a yoruba if u must know. I wonder why they keep allowing people with low mentality like u on nairaland. Why not present your point as a normal human being. I won't reply your mention again.
U are just a waste of human space.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 03, 2018
usba:
[s][/s]

Scanty post reflects the level of your intellect

I know your type always need to write epistles before they pass a message that could be passed just with a sentence.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by Johnbosco77(m): 12:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:
your comment reeks of tribalism....
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2018
AFONJAPIG:
hahahahaha see painment... frustrated vulturistic AFONJA save ur strength for Fulani terrorist causing carnage in your village grin

You can call me whatever name you like. But believe me that the day you and your likes will come physically to claim PH or anywhere in Rivers as part of your lalaland, then you and your deluded ipoo brothers shall receive a repeat of the Port Harcourt treatment.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by CSTR2: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:
go and study history again about the Benin empire/kingdom. Have u heard of the ''bight of benin''? Do u know that benin kingdom was doing foreign and exchanging ambassadors with foreign kingdoms/countries for centuries? Don't read benin history from local authors. Their egos won't make them tell u the truth about how powerful the benin oba was. Read about benin history by foreign authors
Do you know the meaning of modern Nigeria?

Is there any benin authority outside edo state today right now in 2018? Does the oba of Benin, ooni or sultan have any authority in igboland?

Your oba, ooni or sultan has no relevance beyond their terrain.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by Holywizard: 12:07pm On Feb 03, 2018
Fučk off
oz4real83:
u just showed how low u are. I am not a yoruba if u must know. I wonder why they keep allowing people with low mentality like u on nairaland. Why not present your point as a normal human being. I won't reply your mention again.
U are just a waste of human space.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by CSTR2: 12:08pm On Feb 03, 2018
Johnbosco77:

He is a tribalist.

I won't be surprised if he is yoruba or edo. They are like that.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by Himmler: 12:09pm On Feb 03, 2018
oz4real83:
And I guess one of these three traditional rulers of yours will now preside over Onitsha and the entire Igbo race right? Nonsense!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by oz4real83(m): 12:14pm On Feb 03, 2018
Johnbosco77:

no. If it is possible,they should all be scrapped. We have over 500 ''kings'' in Nigeria who don't contribute meaningfully but are being financed to live expensively with state funds. In japan,the king/emperor and members of the royal family don't even have the power to announce their own birthdays. They can't even speak on national issues. They can only tell the govt their opinions but can't make it public by themselves. In Nigeria,the difference is the case. They are all in the forefront of everything. They act as if they are govts inside another govt.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by oz4real83(m): 12:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
Johnbosco77:

no. If it is possible,they should all be scrapped. We have over a 500 ''kings'' in Nigeria who don't contribute meaningfully but are being financed to live expensively with state funds. In japan,the king/emperor and members of the royal family don't even have the power to announce their own birthdays. They can't speak on national issues. They can only tell the govt their opinions but can't make it public by themselves. In Nigeria,the difference is the case. They are all in the forefront of everything. They act as if their govts of their own. This is why everything is chaotic.
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2018
Ekinematics:

You can call me whatever name you like. But believe me that the day you and your likes will come physically to claim PH or anywhere in Rivers as part of your lalaland, then you and your deluded ipoo brothers shall receive a repeat of the Port Harcourt treatment.
crawl back to ur hinterland village and continue the fight... Rivers is not for cowards... I go like watch the Royal rumble hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:42pm On Feb 03, 2018
AdaFonju:

The entire Rivers state will never be part of that rubbish bia fraudd , biafra starts in Ozubulu & ends at the Uratta dirty dump alng ph road
who be this one kwa I don't have time for minorities that will soon be expel back to their ancestral village in Cameroon... Ikwere land for Biafra grin grin go chop grass cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
Ekinematics:

The hidden CCTV will definitely show your ipoo stupidity.
Port Harcourt or anywhere in Rivers State is only Biafra land in your dreams. Continue the delusion.
this one pain u well well Hahahahaha you can commit suicide like coward Awolowo with rat poison lemme come to ur burial and chop free rice grin

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:11pm On Feb 03, 2018
Ekinematics:

don't stress your self. ur useless ogogolo uncle has sold rivers off to the highest bidder.... do me a favour and crawl back to ur Batcher face me I face you apartment grin grin help me close the door behind you, thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by Praktikals(m): 1:17pm On Feb 03, 2018
Alexgeneration:
The Alafin of Oyo is the custodian of yoruba culture.
Una don come again. Ooni is number 1. No controversy

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by akigbemaru: 1:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
Alejoas:
The fact that we dont have written or document history as a race brings about this avoidable ego clash!
Re: Ooni Of Ife And Oluwo Of Iwo Clash At Traditional Rulers’ Council Meeting by deebrownneymar: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
Ooni of ife is too controversial

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are Cultural Taboos In Your Village Or Area / Some "Super-lovely" And Hilarious Yoruba Proverbs You Would Love To Know / Masquerade In Imo Takes A Selfie With Iphone6 Plus (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.