Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,821 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Rapper 50 Cent 'forgot' He Had Bitcoin—now It's Worth Over $7 Million - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Rapper 50 Cent 'forgot' He Had Bitcoin—now It's Worth Over $7 Million (543 Views)

Tobi Amira: Moniepoint Processes $7 Billion Dollars Monthly In Nigeria (Video) / Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / Breaking: Presidency Vows To Recover $7 B CBN Bailout To Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rapper 50 Cent 'forgot' He Had Bitcoin—now It's Worth Over $7 Million by nduchucks: 7:59am On Feb 03, 2018

Rapper 50 Cent, also known as Curtis Jackson III, has reportedly amassed a small fortune in cryptocurrency.

Jackson racked up about 700 bitcoins after agreeing to accept digital currency as an alternative form of payment for his 2014 album "Animal Ambition," according to TMZ. That stake is now worth over $7 million.

In a now-deleted Instagram post, the 42-year-old took to social media to congratulate himself. In a post referencing the original TMZ report, he wrote, "Not Bad for a kid from South Side, I'm so proud of me." He followed up with an additional comment saying, "I'm a keep it real. I forgot I did that sh--t" cheesy

The pat on the back is well deserved. At a time when bitcoin was only worth about $660 and yet to go mainstream, Jackson took a risk: He agreed to accept it as a form of payment. In a June 3, 2014, Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) on the same day his album was released, the hip hop mogul revealed that he made the decision in an attempt to "stay with [the] times."

The bitcoin that came in would have amounted to around $450,000 then. Since rising in value to around $11,200 per bitcoin according to Coinbase, that same stake would be worth closer to $7.8 million now. shocked shocked shocked

Source
Re: Rapper 50 Cent 'forgot' He Had Bitcoin—now It's Worth Over $7 Million by Rhodiumic(m): 8:02am On Feb 03, 2018
Nice one.
Re: Rapper 50 Cent 'forgot' He Had Bitcoin—now It's Worth Over $7 Million by GMBuhari: 8:27am On Feb 03, 2018
I wish I can forget money somewhere too

Too much money I pray and work hard for

God answer my prayer and those of anyone who likes this post

(1) (Reply)

By the grace of GOD buy copper ore / 4g Ltd Service Provider Agent Vs Sport Betting Agent / Sold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.