Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. (65374 Views)

How To Calculate Number Of Blocks To Fence 100 By 100 / How To Estimate The Quantity Of Blocks, Cement And Sand For Your Diy Project / How To Calculate The Number Of Blocks And Cements Needed To Build Your House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by saydfact(m): 11:02am On Feb 04, 2018
Wagasigiungu:

When i clicked to open this thread on FP, i initially thought it was ur thread ( https://www.nairaland.com/4191428/how-calculate-how-many-blocks ) that had finally landed in the promised land, but alas!!!

Keep up the good work sir, we are following bumper to bumper. Your threads are indeed very helpful and informative.

Thanks l'll drop the roof calculations soon.... I'm encouraged to.

I appreciate

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by glambo(m): 11:21am On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Quantity Surveyor is the most useless profession in small self builds.

I encourage no one waste their money on such nonsense.

The cost to hire a quantity surveyor can be used towards the project.

PS: I’ll be waiting for the associate members of Nairaland QS to respond with their typical hunger induced vitriol grin

Lolz,
Hmmmmmm

Is block the only component in a house?
The cheapest component in building is the block works and yet it occupied the most space so if you think you have made great saving doing your block calculation yourself.
Then be prepare to pay more because the artisans (bricklayer, painter, electrician etc will milk you) when you start wall plastering and floor screed, because I bet you can't do those calculation yourself.
Are you go8ng to do the calculation for roof carcass (timber), roofing sheet, paint and electrictical material yourself.

Please be guided a lot is involve in putting up a building even for a small 2 -3 bedroom bungalow.
If you skip the service of a Quantity surveyor you will save little money but end up spending it on material cos it's either you under buy and have to spend extra on transport When you have to buy the quantity left or you buy far more than is required. Then by the time you add up all this little extras it will be far more than what you will have paid a QS to do a proper Bill of quantities (BOQ) or material schedule for you.

Be wise and not be penny wise pound foolish
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Flaghouse1: 11:31am On Feb 04, 2018
glambo:

Lolz,
Hmmmmmm

The cheapest component in building is the block works and yet it occupied the most space so if you think you have made great saving doing your block calculation yourself.
Then be prepare to pay more because the artisans (bricklayer, painter, electrician etc will milk you) when you start wall plastering and floor screed, because I bet you can't do those calculation yourself.
Are you go8ng to do the calculation for roof carcass (timber), roofing sheet, paint and electrictical material yourself.

Please be guided a lot is involve in putting up a building even for a small 2 -3 bedroom bungalow.
If you skip the service of a Quantity surveyor you will save little money but end up spending it on material cos it's either you under buy and have to spend extra on transport When you have to buy the quantity left or you buy far more than is required. Then by the time you add up all this little extras it will be far more than what you will have paid a QS to do a proper Bill of quantities (BOQ) or material schedule for you.

Thank you for your flaccid contribution, I believe the essence of this thread is to serve as a guide or guesstimates for potential home owners to cost every stage of the building activities.

As for the calculation of woods for roofing,plastering of Walls et al, there are numerous threads on these discourse to guide potential home builders so as not to fall prey to Hawks and hyenas QS and developers/builders
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Nobody: 11:46am On Feb 04, 2018
glambo:

Lolz,
Hmmmmmm

You wrote nothing but gibberish.

Is block the only component in building? And you think that you’ve asked an intelligent question in public?

All the nonsense that you wrote doesn’t negate the fact that the services of a QS is a complete waste and a sham in small self builds.

You type this nonsense as if you can calculate to the last bucket of how much sharp sand to order.

Keep fooling yourself.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 04, 2018
honey001:
Please, I have a small land measuring 23 by 50, is it possible to build two bedrooms on it?

Of course you can. You can even build 10 bedrooms or more.

Think vertical grin

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
dharmie2014:

Is the quantity surveyor going to do a different calculation than this our problem in this country is that we are too lazy to get involve with things as important hence we contracts them,allow people cheat on our intelligence or later start crying foul play or complaining that the work was not properly done.

Bro unless you wanna buy up a house, get involved in every calculations,even if they wil cheat you but it wil save you some coins that may runs into millions#myopinionsir#

your Project to a quantity surveyor and don't bother about all these..

What about Frame buildings? Do you also do the calculation yourself?..

Nigerians we like cutting corners..

That’s how I wanted to check the oil in my truck and my tenant suggested that I take it to Total.
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
InvertedHammer:

Not looking for work.
I usually convert back to inches.
They are all units of measurement of length.
You say 254mm. I say 10 inches. Both lengths are the same.
Everyone is happy.
I am beefing SI unit. I think mm creates a lot of room for errors. If it is cm, I will understand.

My architect had to supply my plans in both meet and feet. I just can’t do meters.

Btw, where are the / \? I don’t like changes grin
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by honey001(m): 12:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Think vertical grin

Thank you sir... I spent hours on one your house thread yesterday night, admiring it and using it as a point of contact to building my small one too.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Feb 04, 2018
honey001:

Thank you sir... I spent hours on one your house thread yesterday night, admiring it and using it as a point of contact to building my small one too.

Thank you Sir.

Don’t be afraid to do a duplex. You just need to be cost conscious.

You can use used wood for the decking.
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by honey001(m): 12:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir.

Don’t be afraid to do a duplex. You just need to be cost conscious.

You can use used wood for the decking.

Aah, Duplex Ke. It's just a small local land in one of the satellite town in Abuja, just to find somewhere hide and escape this house rent wahala atleast.
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by glambo(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Is block the only component in building? And you think that you’ve asked an intelligent question in public?

All the nonsense that you wrote doesn’t negate the fact that the services of a QS is a complete waste and a sham in small self builds.

You type this nonsense as if you can calculate to the last bucket of how much sharp sand to order.

Keep fooling yourself.

EgunMogaji:

Keep fooling yourself.

Lolz

I don't know this is the kind of person you are,
Sorry I don't engage low minds like your who resort to insult when they don't have anything to back up their baseless claims.

When you are done misleading people for your personal gains they will realise.

This is for those who really want to know and build but not in the construction industry or know anything about buildng.

Please take precautions.
For the building design above you can't spend less than a million to achieve it to final finishing so why just run the risk of investing such without a professional advice.
The service of an experienced student QS or fresh graduate QS will go a long way at a every minimal cost say 25k. And you will get your material schedule and even a bill of quantity which will service as your guide when you buy and negotiate with artisans.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
glambo:

Lolz

I don't know this is the kind of person you are,
Sorry I don't engage low minds like your who resort to insult when they don't have anything to back up their baseless claims.

When you are done misleading people for your personal gains they will realise.

This is for those who really want to know and build but not in the construction industry or know anything about buildng.

Please take precautions.
For the building design above you can't spend less than a million to achieve it to final finishing so why just run the risk of investing such without a professional advice.
The service of an experienced student QS or fresh graduate QS will go a long way at a every minimal cost say 25k. And you will get your material schedule and even a bill of quantity which will service as your guide when you buy and negotiate with artisans.
Thanks

I know the kind of person you are.

A hungry and clueless asshat that’s clinging on to a fast fading and economically useless profession grin

I like how you basically wrote a frustrated novel to announce that you don’t like me. Get in a long line grin

Any 10 year old with a calculator can calculate these things.

Personal gain? Mate, you’re the only one here trying to fleece unsuspecting fellow citizens.

Lolz? What are you, a preteen? cheesy

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by InvertedHammer: 12:02am On Feb 05, 2018
EgunMogaji:

My architect had to supply my plans in both meet and feet. I just can’t do meters.

Btw, where are the / \? I don’t like changes grin

grin grin

Just because of you.

/
Does it even make sense that someone will be talking in mm in a project as big as a house? Try marking in mm and see errors in measurements everywhere. Inches will be pardonable. US does not use SI units and their buildings are not collapsing. As a matter of dissent, I don't want to use SI units or US system anymore, I want Nigeria's units of measurement. Nigerian engineers and mathematicians show your faces!

Don't even get me started with Quantity Surveyors. Let's say it is the worst way I had wasted money.
\

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by InvertedHammer: 12:15am On Feb 05, 2018
saydfact:
On point OP.. To reduce figures, you can use meters where 8,400mm = 8.4m and 225mm =. 225m
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by lerry009ri: 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
I love this topic. Please how would i calculate numbers of blocks to fence 100ft by 50ft plot of land .
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Mznaett: 10:59am On Feb 23, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Think vertical grin

Lol grin
Love this...
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by adolphus08(m): 12:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Please I will prefer if we can continue this thread as it is quite informative to nairalanders.

I will also like professionals like civil engineers,architects and quantity surveyors to drop their two cents or more of wisdom every once in a while without feeling their progression is threatened.

In an environment where people are being ripped off by lazy and inexperienced get rich by all means quacks posing as professionals. It is actually refreshing to have this kind of knowledge to arm oneself with.

And for the inexperienced professionals who feels threatened, note that giving helpful hints won't take away from your marketability but will help build trust and let the client know what to expect and properly build a budget for his project.

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by adolphus08(m): 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2018
My own experience is that bricklayers take about N6000 per day labor inclusiveto lay a hundred blocks. So you would be looking at about N120000 to lay 2000 blocks

1 Like

Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by lawofeso: 2:34am On Jun 12, 2018
I like this tread. Here is my question I have a one bedroom self contained that I want to plaster the inside. Room is 12x12, parlor is12x14, toilet and kitchen are 6x8 each. How much would it cost me in materials and labor?
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by lawofeso: 2:35am On Jun 12, 2018
lawofeso:
I like this tread. Here is my question I have a one bedroom self contained that I want to plaster the inside. Room is 12x12, parlor is12x14, toilet and kitchen are 6x8 each. How much would it cost me in materials and labor?

My calculations are in inches
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Pascopele: 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2019
wink
adolphus08:
My own experience is that bricklayers take about N6000 per day labor inclusiveto lay a hundred blocks. So you would be looking at about N120000 to lay 2000 blocks
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by owo4mii(m): 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
Dear Sir/Madam,
Import/Export Dept

Let me take this opportunity to introduce our services to your reputable self organization as a third party logistics company that provides Freight & Logistics services for all your 3PL needs. We provide ourselves to be your one-stop shop for all your Air/Sea/Land Freight, Inspection, Forwarding, Customs Clearing and Cargo Transportation services from any port in Nigeria.

With our solutions we can carry out the following functions:
Local Customs Clearing and Door Deliveries to anywhere in Nigeria Open Form M
Process PAAR
Process Terminal, Local Shipping, Agencies and Customs Clearing of Container. Break Bulk Shipments coming by Air or Sea Shipment/Cargo/Goods
Deliver locally to your required destination
Advice on logistical procedure for your Tenders/Bids/RFI/RFQ and Projects on any terms and also Door to Door
Carry out Project Logistics, Arrange pre-shipment documentation and logistics
Track your shipment from pickup to delivery Taking into consideration
Lowering the Cost – Advising on Packaging to reduce weight and volume and we also consolidate like shipment to move goods at one time, material sourcing counsel, provision of right documentation to avoid costly errors by providing adequate HS Code (Duty Payable), benchmarking carrier and terminal charges, and carrier rate negotiation.
Increasing the Quality – Managing deliveries from point of origin to destination in right quantity, right condition of consignment, consultation and excellent customs service
Delivering at the right Time – Prompt pick up, booking, and clearing process, Improved Visibility, and Provision of shipment update

Ensuring the Safety of your goods – Manual handling compliance. We also take the extra effort to understudy the material/cargo to enable adequate handling techniques in storage and transportation through the use of MSDS, Manuals, Inspection Certificates and other means of information
• Increase supply and order visibility
• Single source for your logistical needs
• Integrate technology and service solutions
• Customer Support

We are hereto serve you better, We are consigned much with the new rate in USD but we can serve you better ad assist you to make your consignment be of a great asset to you and afford you from abandonment at the Port.

WE HAVE STANDARD AND WELL TRAINED PERSONNEL TO HANDLE YOUR JOBS FOR YOU BOTH IMPORTATION AND EXPORTATION OF GOODS.
YOU NEED A CLEARING AGENT, CONTACT/TALK TO OWO4MII TO HELP YOU OUT.
For: TITLEHOLDER GLOBAL FORWARDING AND LOGISTICS.
https://www.facebook.com/titleholdergflltd/

Mail me for details and inquires with yemmy23401@hotmail.com
Reach out to me with 08174449148 / 08053570501.
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by Xtopher123(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2019
Obidikejr:

Yeah... I'm a builder tho..
I can effectively work as a builder, cost engineer,design as an architect and a structural engineer, give consultancy advice too.

Can I see a copy of your License(s) please?
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by WealthyMay(f): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2019
Hh
Re: How To Calculate Number Of Blocks For Your Building Project In 2 Simple Steps. by jaysam28: 11:32pm On Apr 03, 2022
great information which will help about cost of building a house in nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World's Loneliest House, Abandoned For Over 100 Years / Affordable 3 Bedroom Bungalow For Nairalanders (modern) Call 07035596641 / Expensive Property Marked For Demolition In Kaduna (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.