Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm (1053 Views)

My Baby Brother Needs Help / My Baby Is Just 4 Months And My Wife Is Pregnant Again, I Want Abortion / Triplets Meets Their Mother In Hospital After Delivery Of Their Baby Brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by intheclouds: 2:10pm On Feb 03, 2018
He's about 5 years and he keeps sucking his arm, not his finger, his arm. How do I stop him, putting long sleeves doesn't solve the problem, he pulls it up and keeps sucking,now he has a black mark on his arm. Mods pls help out here
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by taylor88(m): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by keenn: 3:15pm On Feb 03, 2018
it's OK.

sucking is part of an individual developmental pathway, however sucking of all forms should cease at about age 3.

use of threat sometimes might sometimes. not be helpful has the sucking habit is neaurally controlled, that bad he might not even be aware he sucks when he isn't. to cut the long story short....

take him to a dentist, for there are specific mouth appliance designed for such habit.

make hast as sucking during this stage can affect the teeth arrangement and shape of his mouth even in future.

your will be glad u did.
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by intheclouds: 3:19pm On Feb 03, 2018
keenn:
it's OK.

sucking is part of an individual developmental pathway, however sucking of all forms should cease at about age 3.

use of threat sometimes might sometimes. not be helpful has the sucking habit is neaurally controlled, that bad he might not even be aware he sucks when he isn't. to cut the long story short....

take him to a dentist, for there are specific mouth appliance designed for such habit.

make hast as sucking during this stage can affect the teeth arrangement and shape of his mouth even in future.

your will be glad u did.
ok thanks
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by anoda(m): 3:48pm On Feb 03, 2018
:DRub bitter leaf jell on both arms winkRub bitter leaf jell on both arms

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by intheclouds: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
anoda:
:DRub bitter leaf jell on both arms winkRub bitter leaf jell on both arms
he needs some sort of conditioning, just don't know what exactly to do
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by Beremx(f): 4:58pm On Feb 03, 2018
he will stop it on his own. By the time his classmates make jest of him in school, im go know how far. grin
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by anoda(m): 8:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
Beremx:
he will stop it on his own. By the time his classmates make jest of him in school, im go know how far. grin

yes, this should work
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by anoda(m): 8:42pm On Feb 03, 2018
intheclouds:
he needs some sort of conditioning, just don't know what exactly to do

he really does, how old iz he?
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by intheclouds: 9:49pm On Feb 03, 2018
anoda:

he really does, how old iz he?
4years
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by intheclouds: 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2018
anoda:

yes, this should work
no., it will affect his self esteem, trust me, he will now go and hide to suck his arm.
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by anoda(m): 12:00am On Feb 04, 2018
intheclouds:
no., it will affect his self esteem, trust me, he will now go and hide to suck his arm.

ur rite, wot abt contiual warnings and talks
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by anoda(m): 12:02am On Feb 04, 2018
intheclouds:
4years
u need to....meh dis one weak me oooo lets wait for parents to come in
Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by Nobody: 2:40am On Feb 04, 2018
Rub or dip both hand in something very very bitter everyday. No one will tell him.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 04, 2018
5 years is too old for such habits.

Apply aloe vera on the spot while he's sleeping. Its so bitter and takes time to come off grin

I was going to suggest pepper but Nigerians are immune to pepper

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, My Baby Brother Sucks His Arm by anoda(m): 12:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Muafrika2:
5 years is too old for such habits.

Apply aloe vera on the spot while he's sleeping. Its so bitter and takes time to come off grin

I was going to suggest pepper but Nigerians are immune to pepper

a composition of bitter leaf bear and aloe vera syrup will do the job

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Concieve A Male Child / My Boss Takes The Praise For The Work I Did Without Uttering A Word To Me / Dear Woman The Man Is Head Of The Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.