Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

The Graduation Spot And Other Room! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Graduation Spot And Other Room! (29837 Views)

Nigerian Man Got News About Mother's Death, Dies Shortly After Graduation / Lady Dies Four Weeks After Graduation And Few Months To Her Wedding (Photos) / Nigerian Lady And Her Parents Dancing At Her Graduation In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 5:37pm On Feb 03, 2018
Where you formerly on the pregnancy thread?

Have you served your time on the newborn thread?

Is/are your child(Ren) no longer a new born?

Do you see mums who manage to remain slay queens and wanna be like them?

Do you wanna share tips and ideas for raising toddlers and older children?

Do you like to have a good time chatting with females of like minds?

Then this is the spot for you!!!

Welcome one and all

Feel free to come and rant about how your husband , in-law or best friend did this or that as well wink

14 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 5:40pm On Feb 03, 2018
A friend of mine has three children one nine, the other seven and the last aged five or so. We were chatting the other day and she says her children are in bed daily by 7.30pm. I was wowed is that even possible ? In this Lagos!!!

She's got a nanny and a maid though so she has some help but still that she can coordinate herself that well is superb to me.

Let's explore this today..

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2018
Zaynie

Alphahandmaiden

Onegai

Liftedhands

Helovesme

Sayoberry

Fortius

Mitchyy

Oya oh come and knack teeth here
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Liftedhands(f): 6:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
Present kiss
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2018
Liftedhands:
Present kiss

Welcome ma!

Hope you're having a good weekend? Wetin you cook? Is dinner ready! ?

What time is Ekene bobo's bedtime? What's his bedtime routine like?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Liftedhands(f): 10:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
babythug:

Welcome ma! Thank you sis

Hope you're having a good weekend?oh yes I am.

Wetin you cook? Its weekend na so na rice and stew sure pass grin

Is dinner ready! ?Very ready and already settled in the bottom most part of my belly wink

What time is Ekene bobo's bedtime?Bedtime is anywhere from 8pm and he is already dozing off

What's his bedtime routine like?He eats dinner, takes his bath, brush his teeth and by the time we finish struggling to dress up he is already yawning! I switch on his lullaby and in a few minutes he sleeps off... Sometimes the lullaby is not enough and we snuggle up together with one bosom in his mouth and his hands playing with the other bosom, this always works and he is snoring away.
smiley
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 10:23pm On Feb 03, 2018
babythug:
Zaynie

Alphahandmaiden

Onegai

Liftedhands

Helovesme

Sayoberry

Fortius

Mitchyy

Oya oh come and knack teeth here

Letme start the first fight on this thread.....

Oya babythug, why is my name on the top of the list? angry
Oya triplet fall on you there! tongue
No matter the many keepers at your goal post, goal must shele this year!
Can I hear a loud Amen!

Let me help you call
Ozycy
Lovinam kiss
Tchiwinnie
Soonest
Bimsusy
Ahnie

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by mitchyy(f): 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2018
PRESENT!!! grin

Tyconcepts (Come and unwind)
Enkaydewdrop (This one might never see my mention)
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 10:30pm On Feb 03, 2018
babythug:
A friend of mine has three children one nine, the other seven and the last aged five or so. We were chatting the other day and she says her children are in bed daily by 7.30pm. I was wowed is that even possible ? In this Lagos!!!

She's got a nanny and a maid though so she has some help but still that she can coordinate herself that well is superb to me.

Lol. 7.30 when I'm still on the road ke?
For me it's 9pm( on school days) and 10pm -12 midnight on weekends. I wake them by 5-5.30 to have their baths and they go back to sleep till 7.30 when they have to dress up and eat. School is not till 8.
Muna naps every single day to catch up.
I don't have help or nanny.
I work away from home.
I don't want to die before my time. kiss

Bia, babythug, shey you know this section is famous for mud fights. I hope people won't start convulsing over different parenting styles o.

2 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 10:31pm On Feb 03, 2018
mitchyy:
PRESENT!!! grin

lipsrsealed
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 11:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
Hello.

Was one of the earlier graduands from the newborn thread. Don't really know most of the people here but I'm open to meeting new online people.

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by ahnie: 11:08pm On Feb 03, 2018
present ma'am
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 3:31am On Feb 04, 2018
zaynie:

Letme start the first fight on this thread.....

Oya , why is my name on the top of the list? angry
Oya triplet fall on you there! tongue
No matter the many keepers at your goal post, goal must shele this year!
Can I hear a loud Amen!

Let me help you call

The names are listed according to how people will return to the pregnancy thread..... cheesy

As for me that place is under lock and key so nothing like triplets... Lol

Thank you for helping us pe ero si oko

Im hoping we can keep the thread in-house * and avoid any rofo rofo sha wink

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 3:33am On Feb 04, 2018
ahnie:
present ma'am

Welcome

What time do your children go to bed especially on school nights?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 3:34am On Feb 04, 2018
blank:
Hello.

Was one of the earlier graduands from the newborn thread. Don't really know most of the people here but I'm open to meeting new online people.

Welcome.and great to have you here wink

What's your bedtime routine like for your children? Is it working,?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 3:40am On Feb 04, 2018
zaynie:

Lol. 7.30 when I'm still on the road ke?
For me it's 9pm( on school days) and 10pm -12 midnight on weekends. I wake them by 5-5.30 to have their baths and they go back to sleep till 7.30 when they have to dress up and eat. School is not till 8.
Muna naps every single day to catch up.
I don't have help or nanny.
I work away from home.
I don't want to die before my time. kiss

Bia, babythug, shey you know this section is famous for mud fights. I hope people won't start convulsing over different parenting styles o.

For the critics that may come around we will sing KSA's song - "let them say" for them

Would you say the time works for you? What are thier temperaments like in the morning? Are you working towards ensuring they continue the 9pm bedtime at the weekends?

My boys have never had a proper bed time as it were we sleep when we sleep. But I don't like it and im trying to get it right with my smallie. I'm striving towards an 8pm bed time weekends inclusive. Will try this week and keep is all posted
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 3:40am On Feb 04, 2018
mitchyy:
PRESENT!!! grin

Welcome ma!

What time does the young man get into bed?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by sayoberry(f): 8:48am On Feb 04, 2018
Yessssssss.....

Yassasssss

*pulls chair and mat*
This is my thread

3 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by mitchyy(f): 9:13am On Feb 04, 2018
babythug:

Welcome ma!

What time does the young man get into bed?

If he sleeps just once during the day, 8pm.

If he sleeps twice during the day, he goes to bed whenever everyone in the house does. He can stay as late as 12pm if you let him.

So I try not to let him sleep more than once.

We actually don't have a routine. I just bathe him when its getting dark, feed him and cuddle till he sleeps off
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 11:04am On Feb 04, 2018
sayoberry:
Yessssssss.....

Yassasssss

*pulls chair and mat*
This is my thread

Welcome iya ibeji....

I will assume the twins sleep whenever sleep "catches" them abi?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 3:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
babythug:

For the critics that may come around we will sing KSA's song - "let them say" for them

Would you say the time works for you? What are thier temperaments like in the morning? Are you working towards ensuring they continue the 9pm bedtime at the weekends?

My boys have never had a proper bed time as it were we sleep when we sleep. But I don't like it and im trying to get it right with my smallie. I'm striving towards an 8pm bed time weekends inclusive. Will try this week and keep is all posted

Their temperament in the morning is usually fair. As long as I allow them go back to sleep after their bath.
Weekends, I don't wake them up. I let them sleep till whenever.
This works for me so I might not change till Moyo gets to secondary school, then I'll push it till 10pm for him (extra study time and news time)
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by maradelkitchen(f): 4:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
I'm here to learn from sabi mamas cool

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
babythug:

The names are listed according to how people will return to the pregnancy thread..... cheesy

As for me that place is under lock and key so nothing like triplets... Lol

Thank you for helping us pe ero si oko

Im hoping we can keep the thread in-house * and avoid any rofo rofo sha wink

In order of gini.... shocked why am I as number 2! Abi are you counting from the bottom up?
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
babythug:

The beef I currently have for this your friend ehn!! undecided it has graduated to suya!

HOW THE $#&!%÷+ DOES SHE DO IT??!!!

Our bed time is roughly 20:30 as that is when I would have had time for dinner, maybe dishes, have a bit of a breather etc. ( no help so I cannot come and go and die oh jare)

Any time earlier is impossible except on the days dd gets home super tired from nursery (no nap) and I can manage to give a quick bath and half a meal before she plonks off.

If not I let her do a 30 mins to 1 hr "power" nap. Wake her up for dinner a bath and we go back to bed.

When we get to bed We will do some prayers, Then read a book or / and sing like 20 nursery rhymes. undecided. Before madam will enter under duvet. I usually hang about in the room either on my phone or lap top till she sleeps off. Usually by 21:30.

So i have then till 23:00 to do all other stuff before I go to bed myself.

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by enque(f): 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
Following...
Peeping....
and learning.... smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Trendytessy(f): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
Here to learn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by zaynie(f): 9:09pm On Feb 05, 2018
AlphaHandMaiden:

The beef I currently have for this your friend ehn!! undecided it has graduated to suya!

HOW THE $#&!%÷+ DOES SHE DO IT??!!!

Our bed time is roughly 20:30 as that is when I would have had time for dinner, maybe dishes, have a bit of a breather etc. ( no help so I cannot come and go and die oh jare)

Any time earlier is impossible except on the days dd gets home super tired from nursery (no nap) and I can manage to give a quick bath and half a meal before she plonks off.

If not I let her do a 30 mins to 1 hr "power" nap. Wake her up for dinner a bath and we go back to bed.

When we get to bed We will do some prayers, Then read a book or / and sing like 20 nursery rhymes. undecided. Before madam will enter under duvet. I usually hang about in the room either on my phone or lap top till she sleeps off. Usually by 21:30.

So i have then till 23:00 to do all other stuff before I go to bed myself.

Where have you been hiding?
I missed you and your epistles o..... cheesy
How's business? And baby girl too?

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by babythug(f): 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2018
Welcome to everyone and hope we all find this spot mutually rewarding for us all!

My smsllie is in bed he's been asleep for about an hour now! So far so good

While.i know it'll work differently for all of us I feel 8pm is a decent bedtime for any toddler!

Some of the ways I'm working towards achieving this is to ensure dinner is ready and served by 7.30 pm. A food time table will cut off "thinking about" what to cook for dinner and some meals can be prepared in the morning and warmed at dinner time especially for those of us unable to bulk cook at the weekends

1 Like

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by ahnie: 12:54am On Feb 06, 2018
babythug:

Welcome

What time do your children go to bed especially on school nights?
yet to start school.
but on a normal day...9pm
Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 9:44am On Feb 06, 2018
Ok let me start with their old routine. This was for the 1st 2 kids. I have a 7, 6 and 19month old.

They used to wake up by 5. Take their bath, brush, eat breakfast and any school info I didn't catch up with the day before. They join the school bus by 5:45am. When they return by 3pm, they eat and do homework. Lesson ends by 4:30pm. Then they are free to roam the estate with their friends until 6pm.

They have their heavy supper by 6pm, take their baths, brush and then gist/pray/read till 7pm. It's lights out by then and they are usually quite sleepy. Shifted it to 7:30pm when the eldest turned 5.

I only got to see them in the mornings as I returned from 9pm. Weekends I allow them watch tv and they have more play time outside. Early Sat morning sports was a must.

7 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by blank(f): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2018
New routine was when the baby was born. I changed jobs, moved house and changed their school.

They wake up 6am. Take their baths, brush, eat breakfast and play. School bus is 7:45am. 10am, my baby has his first nap and 2nd by 2pm. Return from school by 4:00pm. Eat, homework and then lesson. This estate doesn't have that many kids their age so they usually play in the compound till 6:30pm. Baby would have completed his own routine which was eat, bath, brush and then back him whilst singing till he sleeps by 6:30pm.

The older kids eat, bathe, brush and then we watch 7pm news together. By 7:30pm, they go to bed but usually sleep by 8pm as we would gist a little and pray. Weekends are more lax as they do whatever they want until bedtime which is usually earlier.

Í have to add that I have a nanny and someone who cleans up. No tv during the school week except for 7pm news. My older son has now formed the habit of waiting up till my husband gets home regardless of the time. Still watching how that will turn out. No matter how late they slept the day before, their internal clock wakes them up by 6am. No sleeping in for me.

9 Likes

Re: The Graduation Spot And Other Room! by Onegai(f): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2018
Thanks for inviting me Babythug smiley, how's your garden doing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ese Walter Ark Shares Her Postpartum Depression / My Only Brother Has Been Afflicted With Mental Illness Because Of Land / Lady Recreates Childhood Photo With Her Dad After Obtaining His Masters Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.