Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,150 members, 7,807,497 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story (1147 Views)

POS Business:my Experience With A Scammer / Starting A New Internet Business - My Journey So Far. / 100TPD Palm Kernel Oil Extracting Factory; A Project I Got From Nairaland (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2018
Seeking Financial freedom is a journey with its Pros and Cons, one has to be ready to WIN and LOOSE on many grounds, you have to be ready to sacrifice the convenience and enjoyments of the present for the fulfillment of tomorrow. Great businessmen are not made overnight, it is a deliberate and consistent effort coupled with a PLAN/FOCUS (written or not).
In my just over a decade year of experience in one of the assumed comfortable 8am – 5pm job (Banking), I have been privileged to work closely with top executives and one thing I was able to validate is the saying; “Salary cannot make you rich and you are not indispensable no matter your level in an organization”, I have seen / heard Executives and General Managers asked to leave just by a pronouncement and in few days without committing any offence. It is called Termination, Redundancy or whatever names the HR professionals chooses to make the word “SACK” sound appealing to their hearing, #Employees know better.
Despite the disadvantages of the 8am – 5pm routine jobs, the experience, discipline and exposure you acquired while on the job cannot be gained from any academic class. I urge you to objectively critic the performance or success stories of a new company/start-up being run by;
1. A focused entrepreneur who had spent a few years on an 8am - 5pm job, and
2. A fresh graduate with same level of business acumen but without a formal sector experience,
Your research experience will reveal to you more on the values of working in a structured environment.
If you are in 8am - 5pm job and also want to be financially free without leaving your job at least not until you decide it’s time to move on, you are most welcome to my club and please read this write-up to the end.
This is a brief story on my journey to financial freedom… still on the journey
As a young banker, about 7years ago, I realized the importance of having a side income and being street ready at any point in time. This understanding led to my first venture into Egg sales, sounds funny for a banker right? I have a direct access to buy eggs from a farm and I leveraged on this. Seating inside my mini-flat as a bachelor then, I opened a topic on Egg sales on Nairaland (https://www.nairaland.com/878323/bulk-supply-chicken-egg-affordable), the best networking platform for business and information for Nigerians at that time. Using my experience in the banking industry, my presentation of the business quickly started yielding result in terms of offers, without a physical office in Lagos and no single staff. I started ordering for eggs from the farm at Oyo town (3hrs journey to Lagos) and get someone to pick it up at Oshodi and deliver to my client. Truth be told, the margin was small but the experience and contacts were not quantifiable, this latter landed me a bigger client in the confectionary industry; I decided to buy a fairly used bus to aid my supply business then I discovered my next venture.
Diversification to the Haulage industry, when I realized that some clients in the eggs industry have started taking advantage of our pay at delivery option because of Nigerian trust issue, I decided it was high time I went back to the drawing board. Hence, in collaboration with 2 school friend (one in the haulage industry at that time) we floated a company and brought up the idea of a formalized Truck management company where interested investors or truck owners placed there trucks with us to manage in return for an agreed monthly share of profit. In less than 1 year of operations, we had 4 trucks to work with and latter 5 operational trucks from different owners.
The operations were running with its inherent challenges. While I manage the accounting and strategy aspect of the business, my experienced colleague manages the operations (drivers / loading, maintenance and other logistics).
This business continued and profit was encouraging especially without any serious deep pocket investment from us. Investors were happy and most of them recovered there principal investment with profit in less than 2years of operations. Having run the business for two good years, the unplanned happened.
The operations manager got a job offer outside Lagos and had to move to Port-Harcourt, we struggled to get a hang of the business to no avail then we later agreed to diversify our resources in to a business that will require less intervention from us. The search for a business in the agro-sector led to the birth of a small Palm Kernel Nut Crushing (PKNC) factory at Ibadan, with equity from 2 of us and profit from the haulage business we set-up a 3tons per day production factory using locally fabricated machines.
The PKNC business suffered a lot of set-back due to lack of various public infrastructure (electricity, and good roads, to mention a few). We acquired an 110KVA generator to provide 95% of our power needs and even graded the road leading to the factory using our own capital. How bad can it be for a struggling entrepreneur?
We were running at almost zero profit due to high cost incurred on diesel and paucity of fund to finance raw materials. I personally approach BOI and the likes but met road-blocks. The BOI was apparently interested in financing only machineries (which we had already acquired); hence, they were unable to grant facilities to finance raw materials. We finally resorted to sourcing finance from friends and agreed on a monthly ROI. As if this was not challenging enough, a call from the factory one afternoon seem like some people don’t want us to be financially free, the generator cut fire and needs a major repair. Hmmm!, this was a deal breaker for my colleague who had only being carrying on because of my faith in the business, he finally pulled out and we had to liquidate and share the outstanding bills. Leaving the fixed assets till we decide on what to do next. I must commend the support received from our respective families during those trying times, we were encouraged not to lose hope but to retreat and come back later.
Almost a year went by with no push for reviving the business. One day I called my business partner to share an idea on how to revive the agro business but unfortunately he was no longer interested. I was resolute in the future of the business based on my analysis of the industry and the products.
I decided to searched individual / SME hubs where power supply from DISCO is constantly available. This means I have to lease a portion of land, build another mini-factory and move the machineries there. I was excited with the projection from running the business with public power grid and some connection to regular supply of raw materials, which I had planned before starting out.
This new journey started over 2years ago, and I can say it has been a rewarding experience when compared to what we passed through having lost our profit from the haulage business and our personal equity with the exemption of physical assets.
I am super excited about the future of the business! Even though there are other huddles to cross ahead I am confident about my ability to sustain the business as we expand month-in-month-out. I have so far operated the business for over 12months now with 6 digit profits.
I am documenting this experience to inspire YOU never to give up on your dreams and to introduce my upcoming training on; OPPORTUNITIES IN PALM KERNEL BUSINESS – True life experience.
Please comment or message me with your email/phone number if you are interested in the upcoming training.

3 Likes

Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by Chigorkizz(m): 6:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
Location Of The Training?
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by iHart(m): 8:24pm On Feb 03, 2018
interesting...
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
Chigorkizz:
Location Of The Training?

It will be in Lagos, drop your mail or send me a mail on ayforlau@yahoo.com for details
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 8:34pm On Feb 03, 2018
iHart:
interesting...

Thank you, hope it inspires you.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by wajek4me: 8:57pm On Feb 03, 2018
I like your commitment, mail me ur phone number,can't wait to attend the training as well as be your protégé. my e-mail is wajek4me@yahoo.com
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
wajek4me:
I like your commitment, mail me ur phone number,can't wait to attend the training as well as be your protégé. my e-mail is wajek4me@yahoo.com

Thank you, mail sent
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by Chigorkizz(m): 2:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
goke4all:

It will be in Lagos, drop your mail or send me a mail on ayforlau@yahoo.com for details
udehchigozie90@gmail.Com
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 7:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Chigorkizz:
udehchigozie90@gmail.Com

Noted, hope to see you there.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 7:23am On Feb 09, 2018
If you are in Lagos, don't miss this opportunity, seat available for just 20 passionate professionals/business enthusiast seeking path to financial freedom.

Drop your email or send to ayforlau@yahoo.com to get details.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 6:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
March 17th is the day, with just 25k (20k if you pay before 15th) come and learn how you can start palm kernel nut crushing and start your journey to financial freedom. Details soon.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by anyiway(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please i need your contact. Has been searching for a way of learning this business. Please get in touch with me fast. 0.8.0.3.7.1.6.8.4.7.5
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 10:44pm On Feb 17, 2018
anyiway:
Please i need your contact. Has been searching for a way of learning this business. Please get in touch with me fast. 0.8.0.3.7.1.6.8.4.7.5

Ok, you will be contacted
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 10:47pm On Feb 17, 2018
Dear All, MARCH 17th, 2018 is the date, Ikeja, Lagos is the venue

AGENDA

-Why Agro business
-Why Palm kernel crushing?
-Overview of the Palm kernel Nut Industry
-How to set-up a Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Factory
-Capital requirements for setting up a factory with either a Locally Fabricated Machines or Imported Machines.
-The PKNC Process and Operations.
-Strategies for Sourcing Palm Kernel Nuts
-Market and Buyers for Palm Kernel Crushing products (PKO & PKC)
-and other information about the business.

Contact hayamlogistics@hotmail.com or call 08082176973 and 08124699209 for more information.

Venue: 19 Toyin street, Skye bank building, Ikeja, Lagos.

AMOUNT: N25,000 ( N20,000 for participant that paid before March 15th, 2018)

ACCOUNT NAME: GREENBRIER CONSULTING LIMITED

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 2031157418

BANK : FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA LIMITED

Please include your name and phone number as narration or call/email us to confirm payment.
Re: Investment Opportunity In Palm Kernel Nut Crushing Business - My Story by goke4all(m): 11:59am On Feb 20, 2018
Call for your discounted seat, just 20 seats available

(1) (Reply)

Mobile World Congress 2018 / Convert Your Airtime To Cash At Cheetahpay / Throwback Picture Of Dangote, Otedola And El-rufia -photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.