Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide (36710 Views)

Which State In Nigeria Is Cheap And Safe To Live In With Nightlife? / Which State Has The Worst Capital In Nigeria? / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Nobody: 4:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
pointstores:
no place like lagos
Exactly, me like Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Taiwx(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
Am from Ekiti,butOndo state d cheapest 4 meshocked
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by sparrowg: 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
ota-ogun state
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Evidenx(m): 4:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
Homeboiy:
No matter what don't come to Benin city

They rather collect from u than giving you lipsrsealed
EWU... DONT SAY WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW... ASSUMPTION IS THE LOWEST FORM OF KNOWLEDGE
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by fairheven: 4:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
just wake up from nightmare and start writing rubbish sentimental piece without statistical Data .

Enugu state has been adjudged are the most crime free state by the Nigerian police and here you are mentioning Osun based on feelings
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by lobell1: 4:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
kindklemz:
Op, your analysis is completely shallow. Are you talking of Nigeria or South West?

Meanwhile, Abuja peeps, contact me for erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, only 10k
Tell:zero seven zero, three six, seven five, three zero, one zero

Why would you restrict your reach to just Abuja people. Other sufferers in other states deserve a functional solution as well, don't you think. Signup on the Nigerian ebay site and increase your customer base. Sell to anybody living anywhere in Nigeria. See link below.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by fairheven: 4:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Uhomanbulus110:
I prefer plateau state, because dats d only state with d true definition of "CHRISTIANITY"

you want to see my red eye tongue

what has Christianity got to do with this... mother Theresa!
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Henryfocoyo(m): 4:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
pointstores:
no place like lagos
am wit u
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by bellazz(m): 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
Honestly... State with relatively lowest cost of living is Jos.. for me.. jos is just to good..

2 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by AreaFada2: 4:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
Homeboiy:
No matter what don't come to Benin city

They rather collect from u than giving you lipsrsealed

Well people from all over Nigeria are leaving peacefully in Benin City. One of about 8 Nigerian cities with over 1 million people. As a place with people from everywhere, including herdsmen, you will get both the good & the bad. Kidnapper Evans was once operating in Benin, even Don Wanny's junior brother was also hiding in Edo State.

Is it Lagos that they will not obtain you anyhow?
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Originaligboman: 5:07pm On Feb 04, 2018
I no see owerri for ngwori...

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by YemziAdez(m): 5:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
For me, I'll fly with Kebbi State.

I'm currently based in Birnin Kebbi at the moment (NYSC), the level of security is top notch, foodstuffs relatively cheap, electricity constant (approximately 20 hours everyday), transportation fairly cheap but with less industries.

With the little you have in Kebbi State, I think you can get the value of your money whenever, whatever, and wherever you want to spend it (within the metropolis).

I'm hoping on God to grant my heart desires, I'll not look back if I'm told to stay behind (if I have a nice job offer).

PS: I'm from the Southwest

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Misterdhee1(m): 5:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
Emycord:
NO PLACE LIKE HOME ANAMBRA ADIGO MMA. IFE NKE OBODO ANYI. IGBO NATABA UNO.
How many of your family members dey stay there?
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Homeboiy: 5:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
rawpadgin:
I still dey

Na so benin useless?

No be say e useless but money no dey here
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by sirlaykeens(m): 5:35pm On Feb 04, 2018
What's this one saying? How can u say Ekiti is a cheap place to live? mtcchheeew, This is my Fourth year in the state, cost of living is fucking high!!
Even Ibadan is a whole lot better. Abegi oo, Ekiti ko Itike ni
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Yelsgink(m): 5:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
Northern states are the best when it comes to low cost of living. You can even price T-fare like tomatoes.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by XaintJoel20: 5:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
Homeboiy:

Guy lol
See no enjoyment for here
Better forget the idea of relocating here oo
U don comot abi u still dey
Stop misinforming others. Edo state is a cool place to stay.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by XaintJoel20: 6:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
bellazz:
Honestly... State with relatively lowest cost of living is Jos.. for me.. jos is just to good..

For me, that's not true...

Beside, Jos is too dry.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Sufgriw(m): 6:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
Sokoto,the most peacefull state ever
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by XaintJoel20: 6:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
Homeboiy:

No be say e useless but money no dey here

Tell me where money dey?
People are making it big in Benin City.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by DawnEden(m): 6:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
sabama007:
I quite agree with you only about the income level where Lagos, Abuja and Portharcourt lead but greater part of the income would relatively be used on bills- transportation, rent, taxes, etc.

On Safety, I'd give it to Ebonyi, Kebbi... Osun is safe to some extent tho but when it comes to ritualists, fear the state.

On Low cost of living, I would take Ondo state ahead of Ekiti. Ondo state contributes more to Agricultural sector than Ekiti state.
When you say osun, do you mean all the cities in osun state has everything to do with ritualist?
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Nobody: 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
DawnEden:

When you say osun, do you mean all the cities in osun state has everything to do with ritualist?

All definitely not but likewise other states aswell
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Dearlord(m): 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
Enugu kwenu!

Land of peace and prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by livebullet(m): 6:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
Edo= yahooism or Libyanism
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Reference(m): 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
Born in Lagos, grew up in the north, worked in the south and east...and have been to 32 out of 36 states of the federation. Now in business all over....I cannot say categorically which state is the best. It has to come down to individual preferences and the time period since my experiences are spread over many, many years. But I think the most common criteria follows closely most demographic reports of which population density appears to be the common denominating determinant.

Hence you can fall on one side of the density divide, those who 'love the quiet' and those who 'love the noise'. Generally the south is denser, space is at a premium so all socio-economic indices are amplified, wealth, crime, stress, opportunity, education, etc. It favours the modern day urban cowboy aka the hustler. Wealth can be made and lost in the blink of an eye.

In those days most northern states were bastions of tranquility but in the midst of the laid back life was less opportunity and grinding lack.If one was a made man there were a lot of places to enjoy your success without a worry. These days corrosive forces of ethnicity, religious intolerance and crass politicking has turned moat northern states into mini cauldrons where non indigenes oive on the edge perpetually.

A balance between carefree societies and tranquility can be found in some southern states like Cross-River, Ebonyi, Osun and Ekiti but the lack of a bubbling economy makes all the relative tranquility somewhat hollow.

Thus in a nutshell its hard to tell which state is best. Depends on what an individual accepts....or will I say tolerates. In all Nigeria is a pretty miserable place to live.

3 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Reference(m): 6:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Yelsgink:
Northern states are the best when it comes to low cost of living. You can even price T-fare like tomatoes.

Low cost of living also means low income as income directly relates to inflation. So except if you conduct business outside the state, the lack of potential is certainly a no for some.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by MRAKBEE(m): 6:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
MichaelBukamzy:
042(Enugu state)

Meanwhile #bringbackournwamaikpe
Stil wondering what really happened to his account.. Dude made me love nairaland more

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Reference(m): 6:45pm On Feb 04, 2018
sirlaykeens:
What's this one saying? How can u say Ekiti is a cheap place to live? mtcchheeew, This is my Fourth year in the state, cost of living is fucking high!!
Even Ibadan is a whole lot better. Abegi oo, Ekiti ko Itike ni

Yes indeed, southern states which trail in the economic ladder often experience hifh cost of living due to lack of investment. Anything from not enough housing projects to indigenous farmers bypassing the state capitals and taking farm produce to 'better' markets in other locales raises the cost of living. Cross-river is another example. It is an agrarian force but most produce ends up in Uyo, PortHarcourt, Onitsha, Aba and Abuja leaving local staples like yam, plantain, seafood and rice pretty dire in Calabar.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Reference(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
bellazz:

Once again, without external income to an individual Plateau suffers from the same challenge of a small economy like all the middlebelt states wwhich incidentally have similar low cost of living. I was in Plateau for 6 years. Fantastic weather, lovely people but is a very small place. Not interesting for everyone.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by DawnEden(m): 6:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
sabama007:

All definitely not but likewise other states aswell
I get so tired when people stigmatised osun state of ritual because of the movie and media they watch and they have never been to the said state.
Anyway I sent you a pm
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
What about 042? Enugu? Enugu is the coolest and safest state to me

2 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
Who in his right senses lists Osun as one of the best states to live? The best states are below.

http://tukool.com/5-best-states-to-live-in-nigeria/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Tests The Blue Rail Train Service (Video) / He Scammed Me Under The Pretence To Process My Admission Abroad / Top 30 Countries With Highest Number Of Skyscrapers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.