Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) (52590 Views)

An Important Bible Verse Most Pastors Don't Teach In Their Churches / T.B. Joshua: Some Nigerians May Withdraw To Villages Later / Four Nigerian Pastors That Do Not Collect Tithes In Their Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by efepro(m): 3:21pm On Feb 04, 2018
A lot of Nigerians seem to be waking up and breaking their religious mental chains that held them for so long.

A Nigerian blogger, public speaker, socio-economic and political commentator, J.J Omojuwa tweeted:

I left my former church the day my Pastor with 5 cars told us in church, “Mummy does not have her own car. Let’s get her one.” I knew I was in the wrong place - Cab driver

https://mobile.twitter.com/Omojuwa/status/960061039323774976

See Nigerians reactions to the tweet.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by efepro(m): 3:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
More..

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by efepro(m): 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
More screenshot

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by MJBOLT: 3:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
pastorpreneurs will not like this grin no more zombietian minions to scam

44 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by efepro(m): 3:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
Pointblank09:
e
land grabbers.....why not read comments and pass.

14 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by efepro(m): 3:57pm On Feb 04, 2018
see how these greedy thieves are giving Christianity a bad name.

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by tukdi: 4:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by efepro(m): 10:30pm On Feb 04, 2018
MJBOLT:
pastorpreneurs will not like this grin no more zombietian minions to scam
exactly

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
The reason why many do not attend church is because the love for God is depreciating. If pastor A cajole you to donate car for his wife,kindly carry your bible and leave such church. The truth of the matter is that many persons like to attend churches were they preach what they want to hear. In doing so,many ministers who are hungry will capitalize on that to siphon money from gullible members. There are churches that are after the salvation of souls of members but you see fewer persons attending there because the messages are not palatable to the ear. Many are uncomfortable with such churches hence they are targeted "holy holy people".

206 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by terrezo2002(m): 10:18am On Feb 05, 2018
The truth is there are false ministers who were not called by God, but by their lusts for material gains. By their fruits you shall know them.
If you now condemn all pastors because of the false ones, you will definitely have you

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by terrezo2002(m): 10:19am On Feb 05, 2018
The truth is there are false ministers who were not called by God, but by their lusts for material gains. By their fruits you shall know them.
If you now condemn all pastors because of the false ones, you will definitely have yourself to be blamed because God guides His own jealousy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by efepro(m): 11:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Any pastor who collects tithe, first fruit and ask u to sow your possession is not called by God.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 11, 2018
I'm in church for God

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 11, 2018
Some churches are just business centres.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Empress2014(f): 10:45am On Feb 11, 2018
Religion is a mind controlling tool, ITS A SCAM!!!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 10:46am On Feb 11, 2018
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free money continues to roll in.

12 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by rawtouch: 10:46am On Feb 11, 2018
I left because service was monotonous..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Amadaz(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2018
The best is the Catholic Church... No controversies at all.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by dollyptosh(m): 10:47am On Feb 11, 2018
grin
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by prettyboy5: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2018
Religion is a borrowed thing and we Nigerians tend to wanna practise it more than even the whites that brought us religion, and so as fake pastors do so because of their greed and its so funny how the other things like education and development from the white man we learnt we don't do them like religion.

13 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by maxiuc(m): 10:48am On Feb 11, 2018
grin
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by lankieman: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2018

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by vladimiros: 10:48am On Feb 11, 2018
The other day my aunties defended pastor Oyedepo's right to own a private jet with church money..

So many mad people using Religion to mask their madness

13 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by dudebuck: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2018
when Jehovah's witnesses visit people to tell them the truth, the very same people will no want to listen, all because of these same yeye churches everywhere.

11 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Keywordconcept(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2018
Very funny smiley
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by budosky(m): 10:49am On Feb 11, 2018
The Fastest Route to being a Billionaire is to become "The god of Men" or a Pastorpreneur! No other route

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by J2381: 10:49am On Feb 11, 2018
Simply put: if you attend any church at all, you need serious brain surgery.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Henitan24(f): 10:50am On Feb 11, 2018
Some pastors have been disgracing the truthful ones since 16BC which is a shame to the body of Christ. I love my own church. May God anointing continue flow on you Prof Pastor Iyiola Tella.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Football: "Game Of Antichrist" By A.F Funmilayo / Pastor Sam Adeyemi & His Wife Return To Nigeria After Two Years / Antichrist Compares Jesus With Pharaoh On Facebook: Users Come For Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.