Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) (64619 Views)

Man Laments Destruction Of His Plantain Farm By Fulani Herdsmen In Ekiti (Video) / US Mission Shares Photos Of Ikun Dairy Farm In Ekiti State / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
HisSexcellency:

I don't understand why people treat Fulani herdsmen as if they are above the law in this country.

Left for me, any Fulani herdsman you see in the bush kill the motherfvvcker and bury his body deep in the ground and move on with your life. But if he lives in the town or city and engaging in meaningful and none nomadic business, let him be because he is not a terrorist.

Modified
But seriously, looking closely at the pictures provided, it doesn't look like a plantation of cocoa, cashews or plantain as stated by the man. It's just an uncleared piece of land left to fallow.

Thank you for correcting your self better still does everything g have to blamed on fulani. One enemies can commit such and allow you to assume it's fulani or it can be propaganda to increase hatred for fulani
How come prog and against fulani came up when buhari became president Iam sure when he steps down it will stop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by grandstar(m): 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
HisSexcellency:

I don't understand why people treat Fulani herdsmen as if they are above the law in this country.

Left for me, any Fulani herdsman you see in the bush kill the motherfvvcker and bury his body deep in the ground and move on with your life. But if he lives in the town or city and engaging in meaningful and none nomadic business, let him be because he is not a terrorist.

Modified
But seriously, looking closely at the pictures provided, it doesn't look like a plantation of cocoa, cashews or plantain as stated by the man. It's just an uncleared piece of land left to fallow.

You never read what King Solomon say at Proverbs 14:12.

The wise king mention am 2 times sef for emphasis. Proverbs 16:25

Others have followed your advise to their own.....
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by lereinter(m): 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2018
first lets boycott beef
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by engrchykae(m): 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
Blakjewelry:
Maybe these guys want to push Nigeria into another civil war but this time they will be at the receiving end
civil war between who and who or a free for all?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Assadiq9: 10:23pm On Feb 04, 2018
People will just sit and cook up stories.how does this look like a plantation

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Tunks2017(m): 10:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
But why destroy another mans toil,........... cry cry cry cry

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Pinklipz01: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
this is not a farm as far as I am concerned. it's a normal bush set on fire ready to farm on. this person can lie oh. everything is Fulani headsmen. this can't be a 4 years old farm. no evidence to show. I beg make I sleep joor...
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by BigBrother9ja: 10:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
HisSexcellency:

Modified
Shut up!
What if they were still in nursery stages?

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Wisedove(m): 10:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
Agritech:
This does not look like a burnt 4 years old palm and plantain farm to me.
I doubt the authenticity of the news 2, no matter al strong the fire might be there will be traces of the burnt plants as claimed, all I see here is a new site which is newly cultivated either for farming or for construction purposes

2 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Kdon2: 11:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
Angelanest:
A Nigerian man named Fakorede Sola, has taken to Facebook to lament his loss after his farm was set on fire by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Ekiti state. According to the distraught man, he invested his live savings on the farm because of the passion he has for farming before it was set on fire by the herdsmen because they were warned to stop their activities on the farm.

Read what he shared online;

Four Years ago, I went back to to the farm.Invested my life savings and borrowed more money from friends. Took bank loan. Considering the future and invested in my passion. Got labour from locals and also employed few from Benin Republic.

Planted over 4,000 stands of palm tree; over 2,000 stands of plantain; over 500 stands of cashew and about 300 stands of Cocoa.

I was always excited traveling to Ekiti twice a month from my base in Lagos to monitor the progress of my passion and investment.

Unfortunately, my hope was dashed this morning when I got the call that Fulani Herdsmen set my farm ablaze last night. Just because they were warned by my workers to stop their activities on the farm.

Is this how we will continue?

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/mans-farm-set-ablaze-by-fulani-herdsmen-in-ekiti-state.html

Stupid government! and they say we should embrace farming!.SMH
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by goshee: 11:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
ettybaba:

That wasn't an intelligent comment.
shut that your rotten trap there. we're they not the ones that enthroned funali hegemony in the country? let them enjoy it while it last. nonsense!!!!!
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Cityguy: 11:05pm On Feb 04, 2018
Poisoning their animals would reset their brain a little bro. As for any compensation, forget it in this clime and season cos they hold the ace at the moment.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by anigold(m): 11:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
enyi1:
Your Afonja folks connived for this change just out of hatred for GEJ. So what do you want us to say now that your change has come. We must brace up and enjoy this change together. Sai Baba till 2023!
sai buhari till 2100 . after all is not humans with heads that voted for bubu.. how can a normal human expects bubu to make N1=$1 ... lol

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by 900warriorz: 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2018
HisSexcellency:

Modified

you dont understand ni grin he was trying to tell you what he wanted to plant there.. grin grin grin
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Blakjewelry(m): 11:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
engrchykae:
civil war between who and who or a free for all?
north and south so it seem
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by okenta2017: 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
Angelanest:
A Nigerian man named Fakorede Sola, has taken to Facebook to lament his loss after his farm was set on fire by suspected Fulani herdsmen in Ekiti state. According to the distraught man, he invested his live savings on the farm because of the passion he has for farming before it was set on fire by the herdsmen because they were warned to stop their activities on the farm.

Four Years ago, I went back to to the farm.Invested my life savings and borrowed more money from friends. Took bank loan. Considering the future and invested in my passion. Got labour from locals and also employed few from Benin Republic.

Planted over 4,000 stands of palm tree; over 2,000 stands of plantain; over 500 stands of cashew and about 300 stands of Cocoa.

I was always excited traveling to Ekiti twice a month from my base in Lagos to monitor the progress of my passion and investment.

Unfortunately, my hope was dashed this morning when I got the call that Fulani Herdsmen set my farm ablaze last night. Just because they were warned by my workers to stop their activities on the farm.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/mans-farm-set-ablaze-by-fulani-herdsmen-in-ekiti-state.html

If you want this to stop tell you governor to embrase cattle colony, or else your so call
Land will be forcefully acquired on second term and there is nothing anybody can do
about it. Nigeria is conquered fulani land.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by AlanSugar(m): 11:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
bizznew:
Sorry for the loss

Which loss, why are you so gullible? Can't you see this was just a bush clearing activity and notthing of the sort expressed by the idiotic op? Very soon people will mess in their churches and blame on Fulani people. I tire! I just tire!

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Solorrman(m): 11:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
HisSexcellency:

Left for me, any Fulani herdsman you see in the bush kill the motherfvvcker and bury his body deep in the ground and move on with your life. But if he lives in the town or city and engaging in meaningful and none nomadic business, let him be because he is not a terrorist. Bro what u said is the truth and people like should be thanking u. I am a northener and of course I support peace, I hate what the Fulani do but people are stereotypical that all Fulani are criminals, that's not true bkos there must b good guys no matter what, I also support the authority to kill whoever kill any one with no exception. The criminal is the one that deserve penalty but how sane would it b if u kill any Fulani,? U may end up killing innocent ones leaving the bad ones to continue. U are Gud.

Modified
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by kennysympathy(m): 11:53pm On Feb 04, 2018
Please what's in this farm that got burnt? How did he know who did this?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Asulasmile(m): 1:46am On Feb 05, 2018
Buhari well done daura is very close. Jst kip warming up tongue
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by ItsMeAboki(m): 3:03am On Feb 05, 2018
Pls examine the pictures carefully and you will come to the conclusion that the story is a big lie, not a single sign of the ashes resembling any of the crops (cocoa, palm tree, banana etc) he claimed to have planted; its more like a plot of farmland that had been cleared by burning - I sincerely doubt if the originator of this story eve n owns the land.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Clickfhc: 4:41am On Feb 05, 2018
Nigerians wake up, what is happening is beyond herdsmen menace. It's well orchestrated plan to run over the entire south. Except something is done fast via divine intervention, all dis happening now are just preamble. It's tragic to wait for 2019 my people.

South make una unite confront your common enemy. Stop playing selfish politics while dey are busy closing every gap dt will hinder their plan.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by zolajpower: 5:36am On Feb 05, 2018
HisSexcellency:

Modified
This is just a propaganda, a fake reportage to further raise the hatred Nigerians have for fulanis herdsmen. And where's the picture or video of the culprit burning the farm or I detest this story?
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 05, 2018
Anyone who believes that the land in the picture is a burnt cocoa/plantain/cashew farm probably has lived all his life in the belief that food grows on shoprite shelves. That land was cleared using 'bush burning', which they have been warned not to do since it is harmful to the land. I fo not know what the supposed farmer hopes to gain by his lie. Maybe he is just coming for his first inspection after 4 years and his workers, who have since, chopped and digested his investment, decided on this ploy so as not to get arrested. That is the kindest reason I can think of to ascribe to the man's lie.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Erukulele(m): 6:23am On Feb 05, 2018
This is the greatest lie I have ever heard as regards fulani herdsmen activities in the farm, all those crops he listed were planted on how many acres?, that's not how a four year plantation will look when burnt. Ekiti state has 16 local government with several towns why isn't he specific about where the incident occurred?. The activities of fulani herdsmen has been reduced in Ekiti state we have local hunters and anti grazing marshals trailing and those of us who are practical farmers and Agribusinessmen in Ekiti not social media farmers sending money to quacks to farm for them always visit fulani settlements to have meetings and peace talk with them. So, whoever this man is should stop this charade so that people will not be afraid to invest in Agribusiness in Ekiti state.

3 Likes

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by kense88: 6:26am On Feb 05, 2018
madridguy:
Ok
Hmm my brother, it will not end well with you. You better change
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Myde4naija(m): 7:01am On Feb 05, 2018
horsepower101:
Just another normal day in the southwest where the accommodators are accommodating the Fulanis that they helped vote into power.
see you, where Fulani no dey do their business? Stop them and face the wrath.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Inyinese(m): 8:05am On Feb 05, 2018
They said people are dying because of NNMADI KANU, Please the one's dying in BENUE,RIVERS,KADUNA, are they dying because of who??
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by Dayoara: 8:21am On Feb 05, 2018
Se na like dis we go dey, till fulanis finish us.
Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by ReneeNuttall(f): 8:59am On Feb 05, 2018
HisSexcellency:

Modified

It could be that the plants were still in their nurseries.Not yet trees.

1 Like

Re: Fulani Herdsmen Burn A Man's Farm In Ekiti After Being Warned (Photos) by bishopandy(m): 9:55am On Feb 05, 2018
Why mislead the public? This is a land ready for fresh farming. Looking at the pictures, the burning was controlled. There are no signs of palm trees that were burnt or plantain or even cashew trees. Are there signs of a herds of cow that passed the area? Na wa for una. Everything is now attributed to fulani herdsmen.
Angelanest:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afforestation In Kano: See What My Team And I Are Doing On The Streets Of Kano / See What I Found In The Dead Palm Tree On Our Home Garden / Gardening On My Balcony - Tomatoes, Pepper, Groundnut, Ugu, Snail and Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.