Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,607 members, 7,801,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

I’m A Nobody - Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m A Nobody - Jonathan (698 Views)

I’m A Businessman First, Then A Politician, Atiku Declares On Twitter / I’m A Member Of Boko Haram – Augustine Effiong (MAY 2012) / I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by kosovo(m): 7:18am On Apr 19, 2010
THE acting president, Dr Goodluck Jonathan, has described his rise to his current position as an act of God, as he noted that he was an insignificant person that has been chosen for a purpose at a time the nation was going through difficult challenges.

He said this in Abuja at the Golden Jubilee celebration of the Baptist Convention, on Sunday, adding that having been given the onerous responsibility to lead the country at this time, with the help of God, he would strive to ensure that things were done properly in the country.

Addressing the congregation at the National Christian Centre, he said, “we that are in government are ordinary mortals and are there, not because of any special qualification that we have; we do not have anything but we pray to God that whenever we are to say some things, the words should come from God, even if the voice is ours. Our actions should be divine.

“God should direct us on what we should do, because on our own we cannot do anything. This country is a great country made up of over 150 million people and little people like us are very, very inconsequential.

“For God to send us here, He should have a purpose for us. We pray God to help us achieve that purpose and see us through the challenges we have,” he said.

The acting president further observed that Nigeria was going through challenges, which he was confident were meant to prepare those in government for service to humanity.

“We know as a nation, we are passing through difficult challenges; but I believe that these difficult challenges are to prepare us for the service of God and humanity so that at the end of the day, this nation of ours will get to where we want to go since we do not have any other like ours.”

He commended the Baptist Convention for the interest it had shown for the nation, as well as its prayers and supplications, adding that as the church celebrated its golden jubilee, so also would the nation be celebrating its 50th anniversary later in the year.

Meanwhile, the National Security Adviser (NSA), Major General Aliyu Gusau has warned members of the Executive Council of the Federation (EXCOF) to watch out for security lapses in the country, as he caution that such occurrences would have grave implications for the country.

Speaking at a seminar on security awareness for ministers in Abuja, at the weekend, he charged them to increase their efforts to restore sanity and stability and increase public confidence in government.

Follow Story!
Re: I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by Goldmind1(m): 8:14am On Apr 19, 2010
I knew God was involved in his enthronement, and that God has remembered Nigeria.
Re: I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by Goldmind1(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2010
I knew God was involved in his enthronement, and that God has remembered Nigeria.
Re: I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by kosovo(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2010
Edit:
GOD is not a  GOD of Democracy, Everything that has been happening is man's invention. . . and his reluctance to serve God in the right direction . . .
The Majority is not always the best!
Re: I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by egift(m): 9:54am On Apr 19, 2010
kosovo:

GOD is not  GOD of Democracy, Everything that has been happening is man's invention. . . and his reluctance to serve God in the right direction . . .
The Majority is not always the best!

You make it look like Jonathan contest for presidency or maybe he made Yar'Adua sick, took him to Saudi, refuse him to appear in public for eternity.

My guy na God do am for him. The destruction of Jonathan will start the day he starts boosting he is self made.

If he depends on God, am sure he will do more. Its that simple.
Re: I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by desgiezd(m): 10:39am On Apr 19, 2010
This is one man whom God has been ordeing his steps. A man that gets to positions of power effortlessly even where some others are seeking such positions with every imaginable thing. It is a good thing that he recognises that he is nothing before God and that it is God who has been ordering his steps. I remember when shortly after becoming the governor of Bayelsa State he said I am just a poor fisher boy who never knew I would go to school talk less of becoming a deputy governor not to talk of becoming the governor. Now he is Acting president - the hand of God is truly strong upon him.
Re: I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by OAM4J: 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2010
It is called HUMILITY.
Re: I’m A Nobody - Jonathan by sjeezy8: 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2010
humility indeed thats what we like to see. God has his reasons for everything bad and Good.

(1) (Reply)

President Umaru Musa Yar’adua : Why Obasanjo Forced Him On Nigeria, By / Robot X-ray Inspectors In Nigerian Pipework Probe / President Goodluck Jonathan's Latest Update On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.