Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,366 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others (7210 Views)

Jehovah Witness And Their 1914 False Prophecy / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Behold What Jehovah Witness And Deeper Life Church Saying!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by fineboynl(m): 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
can you marry a Jehovah witness? and is it even possible to marry a Jehovah witness if you are not one of them? will a Jehovah witness agrees to marries non Jehovah witness?
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by timwudz(m): 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2018
I'd rather marry olosho.. Jehovah's witness ke? �����
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 04, 2018
JW? Not allow. They don't mingle outside their circle.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by dingbang(m): 10:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
Lol I rather marry a sabbath lady
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by fineboynl(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2018
dingbang:
Lol I rather marry a sabbath lady
why you said that. but they are very good people.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by fineboynl(m): 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
timwudz:
I'd rather marry olosho.. Jehovah's witness ke?
�����
give reasons
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by dingbang(m): 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
fineboynl:
pardon
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by fineboynl(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
dingbang:
pardon
i mean they are very principled and good.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by yanabasee(m): 10:22pm On Feb 04, 2018
They will never stop knocking on my gate every Sunday!!!

Funny thing there is, I hate their guys but I like their ladies!!!...

One light skinned JW lady who's very devoted into preaching every Sunday has suddenly become tanned and displeasing to the eyes....

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by icybeth(m): 10:31pm On Feb 04, 2018
They can marry outside their circle but will not abandon their faith and beliv.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by timwudz(m): 10:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
fineboynl:
give reasons
una beliefs are weird... I can't cope with such from any woman

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
fineboynl:

can you marry a Jehovah witness? and is it even possible to marry a Jehovah witness if you are not one of them? will a Jehovah witness agrees to marries non Jehovah witness?

when i was in the village i was once a member, thier men can marry outside bt thier ladies are nt allowed to do so..

bt some of thier ladies are wiser now, they also do nt support blood trasfussion..
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 11:36pm On Feb 04, 2018
fineboynl:

Jw marry themselves. Marrying outside the fellowship is seen as a taboo. Coming to the question of marrying a JW, I can't because we don't share the same believes or doctrines. Yes it possible to marry a JW if you convert to their beliefs. A JW will never marry a non JW except one party converts to become JW. That is how their fellowship operates
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by terrezo2002(m): 10:26am On Feb 05, 2018
JW is a cult. They cause division in the church. They only want to preach to you, but are not ready to accept yours. Now people don't listen to them anymore not even to collect their magazines for free. How would you marry such people. It would be regarded as marrying unbelievers

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 11:37am On Feb 05, 2018
You do not have to lie to look good. You were once a member and you cannot prove it by your line of thought. The question did not ask for details,
just give an answer and be forthright. You also deviated to blood transfusion. If you have any hate to spill, open a thread and spill your heart out.
Dashing a cheap and unsolicited blow is petty.
PSTEMMA1960:
when i was in the village i was once a member, thier men can marry outside bt thier ladies are nt allowed to do so..

bt some of thier ladies are wiser now, they also do nt support blood trasfussion..
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2018
Why did you call the JW a cult? Is it because they come to preach to you or because they hand out a magazine to you?
terrezo2002:
JW is a cult. They cause division in the church. They only want to preach to you, but are not ready to accept yours. Now people don't listen to them anymore not even to collect their magazines for free. How would you marry such people. It would be regarded as marrying unbelievers

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by superhumanist(m): 11:40am On Feb 05, 2018
Jehovah's Witness?

grin

I don't think so.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 11:49am On Feb 05, 2018
And, what is your reason?
superhumanist:
Jehovah's Witness?
grin
I don't think so.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by PSTEMMA1960(m): 3:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
removetheturban:
You do not have to lie to look good. You were once a member and you cannot prove it by your line of thought. The question did not ask for details,
just give an answer and be forthright. You also deviated to blood transfusion. If you have any hate to spill, open a thread and spill your heart out.
Dashing a cheap and unsolicited blow is petty.
i only told u what i witnessed sir, i don't know if the have changed or not, bt if i wronged u for speaking what i know, so sorry about that sir.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
Before you establish a matter, you have to know the facts. There is a genre of criticism known as objective criticism. You overstepped that bound and that shows the biased standing that you have as regards the JW. I mean think about it, the question was clear and precise and same is required for the expected answers. You went as far as telling a lie that our sisters do not share our doctrine regarding blood. That was misleading, bro. We are in a religious section and we expected to have sincere Christians in here.

If you speak what you witnessed, then it means that you weren't a member. Members practice their own doctrines and not stand at the corner to witness. If you were a member, it would show.
PSTEMMA1960:
i only told u what i witnessed sir, i don't know if the have changed or not, bt if i wronged u for speaking what i know, so sorry about that sir.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by PSTEMMA1960(m): 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2018
removetheturban:
Before you establish a matter, you have to know the facts. There is a genre of criticism known as objective criticism. You overstepped that bound and that shows the biased standing that you have as regards the JW. I mean think about it, the question was clear and precise and same is required for the expected answers. You went as far as telling a lie that our sisters do not share our doctrine regarding blood. That was misleading, bro. We are in a religious section and we expected to have sincere Christians in here.

If you speak what you witnessed, then it means that you weren't a member. Members practice their own doctrines and not stand at the corner to witness. If you were a member, it would show.
i was a member from 1996-1999..
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 4:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
All hail you. A member of 3 years! You attended our meetings, bro and probably slept throughout the talks. Just state the facts because you do not sound like an ex-member. You can proceed with your blasphemy but it does not hurt anyone of us. We are running the race set before us.
PSTEMMA1960:
i was a member from 1996-1999..

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by PSTEMMA1960(m): 5:02pm On Feb 05, 2018
removetheturban:
All hail you. A member of 3 years! You attended our meetings, bro and probably slept throughout the talks. Just state the facts because you do not sound like an ex-member. You can proceed with your blasphemy but it does not hurt anyone of us. We are running the race set before us.
who is blasphening?u must be a kid for saying that, go to abuja, when u get there go to asokoro hospital and when u get there as of doctor mai-magani and when u see him ask him how many jehovah witness membership have died in labour room because they refused blood transfussion.. i don't say what i am nt a witness to, it's ur choice to believe or dis-believe.. good day sir, i won't mention u again..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Hairyrapunzel: 5:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
fineboynl:
Non jws are very good people too.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Hairyrapunzel: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2018
removetheturban:
Why did you call the JW a cult? Is it because they come to preach to you or because they hand out a magazine to you?
It is a cult because

Behavior Control

1. Regulate individual’s physical reality: saying Armageddon will soon happen. Therefore individuals do not get to plan for the future. Saying higher education is a crime.

2. Dictate where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates or isolates: constantly teaches non jws and ex jws are worldly, wicked and unrighteous so members should not associate with them

3. When, how and with whom the member has sex:

4. Control types of clothing and hairstyles: you must where suit and tie: a pagan dressing or cut your hair and shave beard: a roman hairstyle

5. Financial exploitation, manipulation or dependence: donate bonds, stock, real estate, jewelry, money to watchtower. No higher education so no sense to think critically

6. Restrict leisure, entertainment, vacation time: meetings 3x a week, you must distribute magazines or preach while on holiday

7.Major time spent with group indoctrination and rituals and/or self indoctrination including the Internet

7. Permission required for major decisions: permission to marry, permission to receive blood transfusion

8. Thoughts, feelings, and activities (of self and others) reported to superiors : elders are policemen, judges, lawyers, prosecutors. They Hold kangaroo court called judicial committee

9. Rewards and punishments used to modify behaviors, both positive and negative eg: shunning and dying with non jws in Armageddon, disfellowshipping

10. Discourage individualism, encourage group-think: eg independent thinking is bad

11. Impose rigid rules and regulations

12 Instill dependency and obedience

13. Threaten harm to family and friends eg: your non jws family and friends will die in Armageddon

Information Control
1. Deception:
a. Deliberately withhold information
b. Distort information to make it more acceptable
c. Systematically lie to the cult member
2. Minimize or discourage access to non-jw sources of information, including:
a. Internet, TV, radio, books, articles, newspapers, magazines, other media
b.Critical information
c. Former members
d. Keep members busy so they don’t have time to think and investigate
e. Control through cell phone with texting, calls, internet tracking
3. Compartmentalize information into Outsider vs. Insider doctrines
a. Ensure that information is not freely accessible
b.Control information at different levels and missions within group
c. Allow only leadership to decide who needs to know what and when
4. Encourage spying on other members
a. Impose a buddy system to monitor and control member
b.Report deviant thoughts, feelings and actions to leadership
c. Ensure that individual behavior is monitored by group
5. Extensive use of cult-generated information and propaganda, including:
a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audiotapes, videotapes, YouTube, movies and other media
b.Misquoting statements or using them out of context from non-cult sources
6. Unethical use of confession
a. Information about sins used to disrupt and/or dissolve identity boundaries
b. Withholding forgiveness or absolution
c. Manipulation of memory, possible false memories

Thought Control
1. Require members to internalize the group’s doctrine as truth
a. Adopting the group's ‘map of reality’ as reality
b. Instill black and white thinking
c. Decide between good vs. evil
d. Organize people into us vs. them (insiders vs. outsiders)

2. Use of loaded language and clichés which constrict knowledge, stop critical thoughts and reduce complexities into platitudinous buzz words
3. Encourage only ‘good and proper’ thoughts

4. Teaching thought-stopping techniques which shut down reality testing by stopping negative thoughts and allowing only positive thoughts, including:
a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking
b. Chanting
c. Meditating
d. Praying
e. Speaking in tongues
f. Singing or humming
8. Rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism
9. Forbid critical questions about leader, doctrine, or policy allowed
10. Labeling alternative belief systems as illegitimate, evil, or not useful
Emotional Control
1. Manipulate and narrow the range of feelings – some emotions and/or needs are deemed as evil, wrong or selfish
2. Teach emotion-stopping techniques to block feelings of homesickness, anger, doubt: Paradise earth
3. Make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault : light gets brighter

4. Promote feelings of guilt or unworthiness, such as
a. Identity guilt
b. You are not living up to your potential
c. Your family is deficient
d. Your past is suspect
e. Your affiliations are unwise
f. Your thoughts, feelings, actions are irrelevant or selfish
g. Social guilt
h. Historical guilt
5. Instill fear, such as fear of:
a. Thinking independently
b. The outside world
c. Enemies
d. Losing one’s salvation
e. Leaving or being shunned by the group
f. Other’s disapproval
6. Extremes of emotional highs and lows – love bombing and praise one moment and then declaring you are horrible sinner
7. Ritualistic and sometimes public confession of sins
8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority
a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group
b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc.
c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family
d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll
e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

These are the basic ones that concerns your group. Its a cult.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by danvon(m): 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2018
removetheturban:
Your a jw why bother asking dis question, you should be providing answers
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 7:35pm On Feb 05, 2018
We do not owe you answers. We do not answer to you either. We have been given an assignment by Jesus and that is what we do. The whole world knows us for obeying the command that Jesus gave, to preach. I should provide answers to 'IF A JW CAN MARRY A JW'? Isn't that a joke?
danvon:
Your a jw why bother asking dis question, you should be providing answers
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
Can you show us using the Bible, the definition of a cult? This is a religious forum and I urge you to show me in your Bible where Jesus or the apostles used the word 'cult' to address a certain group of people. I would want to see that if truly you are a follower of Jesus.
Hairyrapunzel:

It is a cult because

Behavior Control

1. Regulate individual’s physical reality: saying Armageddon will soon happen. Therefore individuals do not get to plan for the future. Saying higher education is a crime.

2. Dictate where, how, and with whom the member lives and associates or isolates: constantly teaches non jws and ex jws are worldly, wicked and unrighteous so members should not associate with them

3. When, how and with whom the member has sex:

4. Control types of clothing and hairstyles: you must where suit and tie: a pagan dressing or cut your hair and shave beard: a roman hairstyle

5. Financial exploitation, manipulation or dependence: donate bonds, stock, real estate, jewelry, money to watchtower. No higher education so no sense to think critically

6. Restrict leisure, entertainment, vacation time: meetings 3x a week, you must distribute magazines or preach while on holiday

7.Major time spent with group indoctrination and rituals and/or self indoctrination including the Internet

7. Permission required for major decisions: permission to marry, permission to receive blood transfusion

8. Thoughts, feelings, and activities (of self and others) reported to superiors : elders are policemen, judges, lawyers, prosecutors. They Hold kangaroo court called judicial committee

9. Rewards and punishments used to modify behaviors, both positive and negative eg: shunning and dying with non jws in Armageddon, disfellowshipping

10. Discourage individualism, encourage group-think: eg independent thinking is bad

11. Impose rigid rules and regulations

12 Instill dependency and obedience

13. Threaten harm to family and friends eg: your non jws family and friends will die in Armageddon

Information Control
1. Deception:
a. Deliberately withhold information
b. Distort information to make it more acceptable
c. Systematically lie to the cult member
2. Minimize or discourage access to non-jw sources of information, including:
a. Internet, TV, radio, books, articles, newspapers, magazines, other media
b.Critical information
c. Former members
d. Keep members busy so they don’t have time to think and investigate
e. Control through cell phone with texting, calls, internet tracking
3. Compartmentalize information into Outsider vs. Insider doctrines
a. Ensure that information is not freely accessible
b.Control information at different levels and missions within group
c. Allow only leadership to decide who needs to know what and when
4. Encourage spying on other members
a. Impose a buddy system to monitor and control member
b.Report deviant thoughts, feelings and actions to leadership
c. Ensure that individual behavior is monitored by group
5. Extensive use of cult-generated information and propaganda, including:
a. Newsletters, magazines, journals, audiotapes, videotapes, YouTube, movies and other media
b.Misquoting statements or using them out of context from non-cult sources
6. Unethical use of confession
a. Information about sins used to disrupt and/or dissolve identity boundaries
b. Withholding forgiveness or absolution
c. Manipulation of memory, possible false memories

Thought Control
1. Require members to internalize the group’s doctrine as truth
a. Adopting the group's ‘map of reality’ as reality
b. Instill black and white thinking
c. Decide between good vs. evil
d. Organize people into us vs. them (insiders vs. outsiders)

2. Use of loaded language and clichés which constrict knowledge, stop critical thoughts and reduce complexities into platitudinous buzz words
3. Encourage only ‘good and proper’ thoughts

4. Teaching thought-stopping techniques which shut down reality testing by stopping negative thoughts and allowing only positive thoughts, including:
a. Denial, rationalization, justification, wishful thinking
b. Chanting
c. Meditating
d. Praying
e. Speaking in tongues
f. Singing or humming
8. Rejection of rational analysis, critical thinking, constructive criticism
9. Forbid critical questions about leader, doctrine, or policy allowed
10. Labeling alternative belief systems as illegitimate, evil, or not useful
Emotional Control
1. Manipulate and narrow the range of feelings – some emotions and/or needs are deemed as evil, wrong or selfish
2. Teach emotion-stopping techniques to block feelings of homesickness, anger, doubt: Paradise earth
3. Make the person feel that problems are always their own fault, never the leader’s or the group’s fault : light gets brighter

4. Promote feelings of guilt or unworthiness, such as
a. Identity guilt
b. You are not living up to your potential
c. Your family is deficient
d. Your past is suspect
e. Your affiliations are unwise
f. Your thoughts, feelings, actions are irrelevant or selfish
g. Social guilt
h. Historical guilt
5. Instill fear, such as fear of:
a. Thinking independently
b. The outside world
c. Enemies
d. Losing one’s salvation
e. Leaving or being shunned by the group
f. Other’s disapproval
6. Extremes of emotional highs and lows – love bombing and praise one moment and then declaring you are horrible sinner
7. Ritualistic and sometimes public confession of sins
8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority
a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group
b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc.
c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends, peers, and family
d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll
e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

These are the basic ones that concerns your group. Its a cult.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2018
You have a personal case against the JW and it stays with you. What is your definition of being good?
Hairyrapunzel:

Non jws are very good people too.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Hairyrapunzel: 11:22pm On Feb 05, 2018
removetheturban:
You have a personal case against the JW and it stays with you. What is your definition of being good?

My definition of being good is being good. Joining a particular religion doesn't make you good and it doesn't make you bad either.

He said he would rather marry a lady that attends Sabbath Church. It doesn't mean jw ladies are bad or it doesn't mean Sabbath ladies are good either. It's just his preference.
Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Hairyrapunzel: 11:24pm On Feb 05, 2018
removetheturban:
We do not owe you answers. We do not answer to you either. We have been given an assignment by Jesus and that is what we do. The whole world knows us for obeying the command that Jesus gave, to preach. I should provide answers to 'IF A JW CAN MARRY A JW'? Isn't that a joke?

Did Jesus ask you to distribute magazines that are written by governing body?

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Jehovah Witness? And Can JW Marry Others by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 06, 2018
Do not respond with a question. Be well-mannered and follow the principle of conversation. I asked a question and you should respond with an answer, not another question.
You typed some blasphemous lies above and all I asked was Bible verses to buttress your copy and paste comment. Am I having that or not?
Hairyrapunzel:

Did Jesus ask you to distribute magazines that are written by governing body?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Bible Defends Muhammad Rasulullah (as). / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC / My Prayer For Your Money Flow Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.