Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April (14150 Views)

Poll: Who will win the first leg

Inter Milan: 36% (4 votes)
Barcelona: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

UCL : FC Copenhagen Vs Chelsea [0 - 2] On Tue 22nd February 2011 / Barcelona Vs Arsenal Fc [4 - 1]On Tue 6th April 2010 / Manchester United vs West Ham [3 - 0] On Tue, 23rd Feb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by khanye(m): 11:48am On Apr 19, 2010

FC Internazionale Milano welcome the holders to San Siro for the first leg of a UEFA Champions League semi-final rich in sub-plots.

• FC Barcelona travel to Italy seeking to become the first team since Inter's neighbours AC Milan 20 years ago to win back-to-back European crowns. As for Inter, their goal is a first final appearance in the competition since 1972 but first they must find the net against a Barcelona side whom they are yet to score against after four meetings.

• For the second time this season, Zlatan Ibrahimović and Maxwell return to their old stamping ground to face a Nerazzurri side featuring three former Barcelona players in Samuel Eto'o, Thiago Motta and Ricardo Quaresma.

• The presence of José Mourinho in the home dugout adds another layer of intrigue given his history as a former assistant coach at Barcelona – not to mention several high-profile contests with the Spanish titleholders during his time as Chelsea FC manager.

• Barcelona earned a goalless draw when they visited Inter in September and another closely contested encounter appears on the cards given the unbeaten records of both teams – the Nerazzurri at home and Josep Guardiola's visitors on the road – in the 2009/10 UEFA Champions League.

UEFA
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by scantee(m): 3:56pm On Apr 19, 2010
Barca all D-Way
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by chic2pimp(m): 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2010
Barca should and hopefully would emerge victorious.

It seems every Journalist who favour Inter to win this tie all cite the 'Mourinho Factor'(whatever that is? ) as their Man Reason for doing so.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Cristalz(f): 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2010
Mourinho's a trickster. When the odds don't favor him, he almost always comes up with some cunning game plan that almost always works, swaying things in his favor.
That's the 'Mourinho factor' and it's something Pep should watch out for, if he is smart.

Jose always has something up his sleeve.

@Khanye
Dearie, please include a poll.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by chic2pimp(m): 6:52pm On Apr 19, 2010
Cristalz:

Jose always has something up his sleeve.
So he thinks.
As I see it Barca would dominate proceedings home and away. If they take their chances they'll sail through however if they fail to do so. . . . . .

Roma's David pizzaro never fails to give the Inter Midfield a good run around and Mind you the dude is basically an extremely poor man's Xavi. As long Barca don't get caught out on a counter they'll be fine.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2010
I'm itching to place a bet.
JM will cause an upset.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by kaypumpin2(m): 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2010
A boring 1.1 game that may have an Inter player copping a red which will justify Mou's already planned negative football.

I will rather wait for the battle of wits at Nou Camp.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by elowa: 5:59am On Apr 20, 2010
hmmn!! this is giving me sleepless night like am Guardiola,
can't place a bet on this, but one thing am sure of is the lack of entertainment
this is going to be like a "madrid"-barca tough call.
Peeps, wish us (BARCA) luck abeg grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by Borat1: 8:07am On Apr 20, 2010
How can anyone call an inter win an upset? Na wa oh!
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by honeric01(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2010
Whatever happens, i am here to watch.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by 4peace(m): 9:52am On Apr 20, 2010
~Borat~:

How can anyone call an inter win an upset? Na wa oh!
ME TOO I SURPRISE
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by ogazi007(m): 10:21am On Apr 20, 2010
Jose cant do jack against this barcelona side with high self confidence and determination to make history.
jose factor that couldnot not fetched his team a short on target in camp nou during the group stages.
His factor that could not stops barcelona's shaky frontline from not disorganizing his solid defence.
he can say whatever he want to say,its 180mins(x) game and we shall wait for him in Camp nou to teach him and his team some footie lessons.
those that have being to camp nou knows its not a child's play,its indeed a slaughtering ground.
forza barca!
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by honeric01(m): 10:33am On Apr 20, 2010
I don't care what Mou thinks, i know he can't do anything, we have played his team times without number and this one won't be different, we are surely beating them at home, the least is a draw. (but there must be goals)
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by 4peace(m): 11:16am On Apr 20, 2010
we shall see na 90mins
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by txxxed(m): 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2010
What a game this is going to be. This match isn't just going to be your normal Inter v Barca tie, read why here  http://gamegist.com/2010/04/20/champions-league-semi-final-first-leg-inter-milan-v-barcelona-a-clash-of-the-titans/
My verdict, Barca wins 2-1
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by BlackRevo: 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2010
ogazi007:

Jose cant do jack against this barcelona side with high self confidence and determination to make history.
jose factor that couldnot not fetched his team a short on target in camp nou during the group stages.
His factor that could not stops barcelona's shaky frontline from not disorganizing his solid defence.
he can say whatever he want to say,its 180mins(x) game and we shall wait for him in Camp nou to teach him and his team some footie lessons.
those that have being to camp nou knows its not a child's play,its indeed a slaughtering ground.
forza barca!

Did you slaughter rubin kazan?

honeric01:

I don't care what Mou thinks, i know he can't do anything, we have played his team times without number and this one won't be different, we are surely beating them at home, the least is a draw. (but there must be goals)

This is quite disrespectful and unnecessary arrogance to inter milan ala Jose Muorinho. grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by scantee(m): 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2010
Barca all D-way
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On Apr 20, 2010
Sky Italia predicts Internazionale line up against Barca.

-Cesar-
-Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Zanetti-
-Mota-Cambiaso-Muntati-Stankovic-
-Sneider-
-Milito-

That is what I call packing the bus

Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by dayokanu(m): 3:46pm On Apr 20, 2010
We didnt see the Jose factor when Man Utd brutally sodomised him last season
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by ogazi007(m): 3:49pm On Apr 20, 2010
Black_Revo:

Did you slaughter rubin kazan?

This is quite disrespectful and unnecessary arrogance to inter milan ala Jose Muorinho.  grin
And where is Rubin Kazan now?
you must be kidding if you think you can be as lucky as Rubin Kazan to only had three chances in camp nou and scored twice,while barca had dozens of chances and could not put them away,i dont know how formidable your  team are to lay claims to a ball that hit the bar and didnot pass the goal lines as the effort of the team.(a bit of luck i suppose)Barcelona hit bar twice in that game,Rubin Kazan were lucky the same way arsenal were lucky in the first leg.we shall see who go madrid after the second leg in camp nou next week.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by kaypumpin2(m): 3:56pm On Apr 20, 2010
dayokanu:

Sky Italia predicts Internazionale line up against Barca.

-Cesar-
-Maicon-Lucio-Samuel-Zanetti-
-Mota-Cambiaso-Muntati-Stankovic-
-Sneider-
-Milito-

That is what I call packing the bus
Are you expecting anything different. . .

What Mourhno will deploy is a very defensive and compact team that will play "containment" football hoping he can grab a goal against via fast break and set-pieces.I am surprised he is using Milito instead of Eto'o but i guess he will introduce him during 2nd half.

The disadvantage of this formation is that what happened to Chelsea last season could be their lot. undecided
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by khanye(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2010
My line-up would be
--------------VV-----------------
Alves--pique--Millito--Puyol
----------Busquets------------
-----xavi-----------keita------
Messi-----------ibra-----------Pedro
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by chic2pimp(m): 4:36pm On Apr 20, 2010
dayokanu:

We didnt see the Jose factor when Man Utd brutally sodomised him last season

Exactly My points.
I've already said what there is to say if Barca take their chances they'll win if not it's 50-50.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2010/04/19/1885740/jose-mourinho-warns-barcelona-that-they-will-face-a-much
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by BlackRevo: 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2010
ogazi007:

And where is Rubin Kazan now?
you must be kidding if you think you can be as lucky as Rubin Kazan to only had three chances in camp nou and scored twice,while barca had dozens of chances and could not put them away,i dont know how formidable your  team are to lay claims to a ball that hit the bar and didnot pass the goal lines as the effort of the team.(a bit of luck i suppose)Barcelona hit bar twice in that game,Rubin Kazan were lucky the same way arsenal were lucky in the first leg.we shall see who go madrid after the second leg in camp nou next week.

Arsenal were unfortunate and if they are to meet barca again i will surely place my bet on them, that game proved something which will only be visible the next time they meet. It doesn't matter where they are now Rubin, Chelsea and Liverpool have defeated Barcelona in the past and that's the fact i am pointing to you. Barca is beatable both home and especially  away in that camp nou, as you have already said lets watch and see who goes through. I don't know why you guys just suddenly lack respect for other clubs and coaches because you won six trophies last season. Remember you haven't won anything yet this season?
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by ogazi007(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2010
Arsenal were unfortunate in terms of what?lol.
Bring the liverpool for this pep barcelona and see if they wont be humbled.
Chelsea played very well,if not for the ref they would have knocked barca out lmao,its the same old story.
if you dare try attacking footie with barcelona,you will be history.if you pack bus(anti football)you will end up like chelsea.
Jose is good,but pep is smarter.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by BlackRevo: 6:12pm On Apr 20, 2010
Hope you are not forgetting the injured arsenal players in the home and away fixture? What if liverpool is brought to this so called barca and they are not humbled? what will be your excuse? lol. Rubin played attacking footie with you and defeated you, inter defeated chelsea home and away so watch out what happens tonight. This is the final match for inter and not in madrid, so watch out for a different inter and not the one you met during the group stage.
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by khanye(m): 6:42pm On Apr 20, 2010
@ Black_Revo: What's your prob with barca grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by khanye(m): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2010
The confirmed line-ups are out!

INTER (4-3-1-2): [/b]Julio Cesar; Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti; Motta, Cambiasso, Pandev; Sneijder; Diego Milito, Eto;o

[b]Barcelona (4-3-3):
Valdes; Dani Alves, Pique, Puyol, Maxwell; Xavi, Busquets, Keita; Messi, Ibrahimovic, Pedro
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by scantee(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2010
about to kick-off
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by BlackRevo: 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2010
khanye:

@ Black_Revo: What's your prob with barca grin

Nah no prob with barca just discussing footie grin
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by scantee(m): 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2010
Messi ohhhhhhhhh
Re: Champions League: Inter Vs Barcelona [3 - 1] On Tue 20th April by scantee(m): 7:52pm On Apr 20, 2010
nice try

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Crystal Palace (2 - 1) On 27th December 2023 / Leeds Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On 22nd November 2020 / Wolves Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 24th December 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.