Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,865 members, 7,802,779 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year (3383 Views)

Website Ranking 7 Ways To Learn Effectively. / How To Effectively Use Facebook Ads To Promote Affiliate Products / How To Run A Blog Effectively Without A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by marenx: 6:48pm On Feb 06, 2018
This is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year

This is the first time I wrote for this blog this year and I'm going to talk about how we can blog better.

Writing on a blog is the best way to learn to write conversationally to the teaming audience.

The best technique is to adopt a format and stick to it.

If you're not Seth Goding, the master blogger, you know the popular format is introduction-body-and-conclusion, right?

Having known the popular format, it's up to you to choose what to fill in the format.

These questions will help. What do you want to say in your introduction, body and conclusion? And how do you want to say it so you'll edit less?

In academic writing or research report, introduction may include definition of the problem or matter in question; body may display the discovery, purpose, and method; and conclusion may simply become the last sentence of the body--or if there is any need for further research.

Unless for research or assignment, people hate reading academic writing. So I'm going to talk about how to make a good use of your choice to write a good blog post that people will love to stick to.

In writing a good blog post, you've to connect to your readers emotionally. For this reason, your introduction should display something far above definition.

In the first paragraph I chose to say 'This is the first time I wrote for this blog this year....'

This is my way of introducing my writing to you, to connect to you easily.

Here are other choices of what to say in your introduction.

Ask a question:

Have you read my last post? You need to read it. And today I'm revealing another secret.

Prepare your readers this way:

Looking at today's date, this is the day I choose to post this write-up and I'm talking about valentine....

Or say something like:

Writing a blog needs serious commitment but the way I wrote this one is as though I was not writing but I was revealing a secret of how to use anger for good.

The most important thing to note in the above examples is the use of 'I' and 'and'. But you can also use 'you' or 'we'. 'and' is used to make a good flow, to avoid using short-short sentences which make it weak. You can also use 'but' or 'so' or 'however'.

As regard the body, you fill in it with what you want your audience to learn or know. But as regard the conclusion, you use a similar technique to introduction.

To conclude your blog post, you can say something like:

Now I'm glad I come to the conclusion. Thanks for following my write-up. Till we see another time.

Or:

This is where I stop as regard this post. Thanks Anny for accepting my guest post. Thanks to all who read this post up to the end. I'm available to read your comments if there would be any.

Or:

I'm travelling next week, yet expect another post. You really make my day reading this one. Thanks.

If you conclude your work like the above examples, anyone who wants to comment badly on your post will lack a guts.

Thanks for the reading.

Maren John Mafuyai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by tollytexy(m): 6:53am On Feb 08, 2018
i have no idea of what op was talking about i just wanna be the FCT
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by hypertension(m): 6:53am On Feb 08, 2018
Blogging is tiring

1 Like

Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by sayentease(m): 6:56am On Feb 08, 2018
yiug
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by Spectraz: 7:02am On Feb 08, 2018
Helpful
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by philoedu(m): 7:31am On Feb 08, 2018
Great, it is helpful.
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:35am On Feb 08, 2018
I Sight you Mr Poster, Where Is Lalasticlala, Abeg Unblock Dot Com Website Link that was block by you guys, last month, Here on Nairaland..
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by Thicemand445: 7:51am On Feb 08, 2018
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:51am On Feb 08, 2018
I Didn't Understand Any Thing
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by damilare442: 7:55am On Feb 08, 2018
Have u heard of digprom.com?
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by fajob: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2018
hypertension:
Blogging is tiring

To improve ur ICT Skills check my signature
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by Rapwiz(m): 8:14am On Feb 08, 2018
Op plz what are u talking about??
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by dHustle: 8:18am On Feb 08, 2018
Verified and Unverified naija, US and UK Adsense for sale

Facebook page with 100k lies for sale

Call or whatsapp 0813 437 1687
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by Topmaike007(m): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2018
good write up op..
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by managersam: 9:10am On Feb 08, 2018
Good write-up
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by IamShiningStar(f): 9:32am On Feb 08, 2018
marenx:
This is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year

This is the first time I wrote for this blog this year and I'm going to talk about how we can blog better.

Writing on a blog is the best way to learn to write conversationally to the teaming audience.

The best technique is to adopt a format and stick to it.

If you're not Seth Goding, the master blogger, you know the popular format is introduction-body-and-conclusion, right?

Having known the popular format, it's up to you to choose what to fill in the format.

These questions will help. What do you want to say in your introduction, body and conclusion? And how do you want to say it so you'll edit less?

In academic writing or research report, introduction may include definition of the problem or matter in question; body may display the discovery, purpose, and method; and conclusion may simply become the last sentence of the body--or if there is any need for further research.

Unless for research or assignment, people hate reading academic writing. So I'm going to talk about how to make a good use of your choice to write a good blog post that people will love to stick to.

In writing a good blog post, you've to connect to your readers emotionally. For this reason, your introduction should display something far above definition.

In the first paragraph I chose to say 'This is the first time I wrote for this blog this year....'

This is my way of introducing my writing to you, to connect to you easily.

Here are other choices of what to say in your introduction.

Ask a question:

Have you read my last post? You need to read it. And today I'm revealing another secret.

Prepare your readers this way:

Looking at today's date, this is the day I choose to post this write-up and I'm talking about valentine....

Or say something like:

Writing a blog needs serious commitment but the way I wrote this one is as though I was not writing but I was revealing a secret of how to use anger for good.

The most important thing to note in the above examples is the use of 'I' and 'and'. But you can also use 'you' or 'we'. 'and' is used to make a good flow, to avoid using short-short sentences which make it weak. You can also use 'but' or 'so' or 'however'.

As regard the body, you fill in it with what you want your audience to learn or know. But as regard the conclusion, you use a similar technique to introduction.

To conclude your blog post, you can say something like:

Now I'm glad I come to the conclusion. Thanks for following my write-up. Till we see another time.

Or:

This is where I stop as regard this post. Thanks Anny for accepting my guest post. Thanks to all who read this post up to the end. I'm available to read your comments if there would be any.

Or:

I'm travelling next week, yet expect another post. You really make my day reading this one. Thanks.

If you conclude your work like the above examples, anyone who wants to comment badly on your post will lack a guts.

Thanks for the reading.

Maren John Mafuyai
Wow! this is really nice @ op! Thanks for the tips, they are helpful.
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by dogstyle007(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2018
Cool
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by maxwell767(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
dHustle:
Verified and Unverified naija, US and UK Adsense for sale

Facebook page with 100k lies for sale

Call or whatsapp 0813 437 1687

Ok
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by zynzyn(m): 12:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
what i know is blogging requires passion, consistency and focus!

need an affordable logo?
https://www.nairaland.com/4313077/affordable-logo-banner-design-nigeria
Re: This Is How You Should Blog Effectively This Year by Ifebaby16(m): 1:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
hypertension:
Blogging is tiring

It's not. If you don't know the rules

(1) (Reply)

What I Hate About Nigerian Web Developers / Newly Approved Naija,uk And Usa Adsense Available / Get A Free US Address And Phone Numbers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.