Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,773 members, 7,806,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor (23357 Views)

Why Chris Okotie Hated And Hates TB Joshua / Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding / Why Kwakpovwe, "Our Daily Manna" Publisher Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Gov. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by GLeesMODEL(m): 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2018
*Openly Protests Killing by Herders…’Their Sponsors Will Go Down in Six Months’

In protest against the alleged killing of many Nigerians by suspected herders and in solidarity with their grieving family members, the General Overseer of the Manna Prayer Mountain, Dr. (Bishop) Chris Kwakpovwe who is also the author of the popular daily devotional, Our Daily Manna denied representatives from The Presidency, Lagos and Delta state governments the usual honour accorded them at the ministry’s annual World Anointing Night at the Tafawa Balewa Square, Lagos recently.

The functionaries of government were politely requested to stay away from the annual gathering of hundreds of thousands of worshippers.

Last year, the Chaplain of the Aso Rock Villa, Pastor Oluseyi Malomo represented Vice President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo. The Speaker of the Delta House of Assembly represented Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, while also appearing in his own capacity. The wife of the Governor of Lagos State, Mrs. Bolanle Ambode was present as well.

This year, however, Kwakpovwe shocked the throng of believers when he announced that there was no place or special recognition for government functionaries at the meeting. This was a clear departure from the previous practice of allowing these Very Important Persons the privilege of addressing the crowd.

Visibly angry, Kwakpovwe said, “We are all stakeholders in this country. We cannot keep quiet when people are being slaughtered like animals. Some pastors are saying we should buys guns and fight them back. That is not the way to go. We have a weapon that is more lethal than guns. Mugabe was removed in a way that nobody can understand. When we come together like this, we have the authority to command things to happen. Who is buying those AK47 guns for the herders? Who are their sponsors? I declare that God is going to do a new thing that will shock people in this country. The killing is too much. Are we at war?”

The programme which was streamed live to over 200 countries witnessed a tumultuous thunder of, “Amen” from the congregation to his prayers against the sponsors of the killer herders. Kwakpovwe prophesied that “in six months from now, the sponsors of these killing spree all over the country will lose their hold on power. They will be exposed. They will fight themselves. There will be confusion in their camp.”   

In an atmosphere of praise and worship featuring Pastor Kunle Ajayi on the saxophone, Praise Channel and the Manna Mountain Voices, there were evidence of diverse miracles of healing from different diseases and freedom for those who were possessed by demons. Persuaded by his team, Kwakpovwe later allowed the representative of the wife of the Lagos State Governor to present a sealed copy of Her Excellency’s speech (but it was not read) which he received with thanks.

Firing more shots at government at different levels, Kwakpovwe said, “many governors are my friends, but I do not take contract from them. The Lord warned me against it. I do not need money from government. If you take money from politicians you cannot speak against them when they go wrong.” The programme was held under the theme, 'Change of Garment' and the worshipers were encouraged to carry out a symbolic tearing of their clothes representing life circumstances that do not want to be associated with.

http://www.alexreports.info/2018/02/why-kwakpovwe-our-daily-manna-publisher.html?m=0

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by IME1: 10:50pm On Feb 06, 2018
What will Jesus do

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by tobtap: 8:56am On Feb 07, 2018
good one pastor... SPEAK TRUTH TO POWER cool cool

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by BruncleZuma: 8:56am On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by hopefulLandlord: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2018
This man that was sleeping with his secretary behind his wife and denied vehemently only to marry the secretary in question and file for a divorce to his first wife's afterwards, meaning he was at some point married to two wives under the influence of the Holy Spirit of course

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by XCLUX(m): 9:00am On Feb 07, 2018
Correct

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by youngibeh(m): 9:01am On Feb 07, 2018
CHAI BUHARI SEE WETIN YOU CAUSE grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Lomprico2: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2018
Ok
Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Akinwerndey: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2018
what a way to protest!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by TheKingIsHere: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2018
The idiot called freeze and his foolish followers won't see this one o cool

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Patrick33(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2018
Good call Dr.chris...enough is enough...only in nigeria Cattle is more important than actual human beings...i say we divide the country..I have tire for the Hausas ans fulanis

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by ajoyeleke(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2018
shocked
Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2018
Nice one.
Enough of being silent, while we suffer in vain. God will expose them all.
IJN Amen.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Ikemefuna44: 9:08am On Feb 07, 2018
This man is a true man of God.

3 Likes

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by chinoxdaniels(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2018
this Great God's General, pls never relent in letting our leaders know the bitter truth!

4 Likes

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by unitysheart(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2018
Ikemefuna44:

Na by this them dey measure true man of God?

3 Likes

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by TheKingIsHere: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2018
Patrick33:
Good call Dr.chris...enough is enough...only in nigeria Cattle is more important than actual human beings...i say we divide the country..I have tire for the Hausas ans fulanis

I am surprised that the hausas are slaves to the fulanis despite they are the ones that own the land the fulanis are occupying, hence they know once Nigeria separate they are doomed.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by gflames89(m): 9:09am On Feb 07, 2018
Straight shots......
Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by SalamRushdie: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2018
Ikemefuna44:

No he his not but I still commend him for this move

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 07, 2018
Lethal face off: if only Adeboye and Oyedepo and that warri pastor will come out like this,buy now Freeze will be born again

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Untainted007: 9:11am On Feb 07, 2018
Nice move Sir and God will continue to give you more wisdom, knowledge and understanding. We are equal before God. The politicians does not worth having a special place in the gathering where God want to bless His people.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Quality20(m): 9:12am On Feb 07, 2018
u mean u don't play politics? but politics can stop ur ministry if u know what I'm saying
Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by fresherdanU: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2018
God forgive you.

hopefulLandlord:
This man that was sleeping with his secretary behind his wife and denied vehemently only to marry the secretary in question and file for a divorce to his first wife's afterwards, meaning he was at some point married to two wives under the influence of the Holy Spirit of course

4 Likes

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by moringa180(f): 9:17am On Feb 07, 2018
I commend you for this move Sir, distance yourself from their gift and keep on preaching the word which is your primary assignment, well-done.

2 Likes

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by millionboi2: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2018
Real men of God
Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Oluhills007: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
what exactly is the source of your frustration in life...no tell me......what is the correlation between what he is saying and what you are saying......he is condemning the attacks against innocent citizens ...somethings that bigger pastors kept quiet about. And lost their voice against..And here you are bringing up his personal affairs.....guy....keep your revelations. About his personal affairs to you self...and let's tackle this ugly fulani menace squarely without any useless bias.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Homers123(m): 9:20am On Feb 07, 2018
It is high time the religious leaders on both divides start speaking but because most of them are not what they claim to be and slave to the politicians they won't dare open there mouth. Kudos to him and that priest that lambasted them leaders last week.

3 Likes

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 07, 2018
he said it all, when pastors take money from evil men, they loose the right to speak against their atrocities, why should give special recognition to crooks and looters, the only reason they do that is because of their money.
what a shame!

7 Likes

Re: Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor by sheDD(m): 9:29am On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
this bloke just spoil my impression abt Dr (Bishop) Chris
I hope this is not true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Rev. Anita Oyakhilome! / What Will Happen To Those That Were Born Who Died Before The Birth Of Christ? / Sam Omatseye: "Nigerian Christians Should Arm Themselves Against Attacks"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.