Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,287 members, 7,780,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:44 PM

Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC (20050 Views)

Richard Akinjide Is Dead / LEAKED AUDIO: Fayose Says He Will Never Write Any Other Statement To EFCC / EFCC Arraigns Jumoke Akinjide For N650m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by 3Ebisco: 11:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
A former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Jumoke Akinjide, has returned N650 million to the Federal Government.

Akinjide informed the court about this development today, when she notified Justice Muslim Sule Hassan of a Federal High Court in Lagos of her plans to reach an out-of-court settlement with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The EFCC had preferred a fraud and money laundering charge against her over the campaign money for the Peoples Democratic Party in Oyo State received from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

Her lawyer, Chief Bolaji Ayorinde (SAN), told the court that before the start of trial, the party took the decision to return the fund complained of by the prosecution through his client.

“The entire money from the charge is the sum of N650 million. The funds were campaign money for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo state in the 2015 general elections.

“The defendants who were PDP chieftains in Oyo state acting on the collective decision of the party decided to refund the money.

“I had a word with the EFCC’s lawyer, Rotimi Oyedepo, and we think it is wise going forward and at this point not to subject this matter to further adjudication and waste the time of the court.

“We decided that counsels on all sides should meet to look at the way forward on this charge, the money complained of having been refunded by the party through Jumoke Akinjide.

“My application is that the court should adjourn for further hearing pending the outcome of our discussion”, the silk said.

Other defence lawyers, Micheal Lana and Akinola Oladeji, were also in support of the plan.

Responding, EFCC’s lawyer, Rotimi Oyedepo, said he is not opposed to an adjournment to allow for discussion between parties.

He said: “I confirmed the discussion with the silk this morning. But I want to say that the matter before the court is not principally about campaign funds.

“I also confirmed that the commission had recovered the sum of N650 million, not from the chieftains and principal members of the PDP, but rather from the first defendant (Oloye Jumoke Akinjide).

“Section 270 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015 allow parties to discuss. In view of the fact that the silk has applied for an adjournment to allow for discussion, we would not be objecting to his application”.

After listening to the submissions of the two parties in the matter, The Presiding judge, Justice Hassan adjourned further hearing in the matter till February 22.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/former-minister-jumoke-akinjide-returns.html

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by sarrki(m): 11:38pm On Feb 06, 2018
PDP is a detribalized party when it comes to corruption

93 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by ashjay001(m): 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
Its amazing that, some citizens of this country, want to return PDP to governanceshockedangry

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by yanabasee(m): 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2018
PDP diehard fans right now!!!

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by GavelSlam: 11:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
See thief face.

PDP and stealing.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by sarrki(m): 11:41pm On Feb 06, 2018
PDP are blessed with criminal minded people

Gender equality is well represented

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by elampiro(m): 11:49pm On Feb 06, 2018
Lalasticlala

Please this is worth front page

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by datribune: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2018
Like Father, like Daughter.

In d days of d NPN, it was Richard.
In d days of d PDP, it is Jumoke.

In 1983, GMB collected Richard's loot back to the treasury.
In 2018, PMB is collecting Jumoke's loot back to the treasury.

We will ensure that the AU & internationally recognized Anti-corruption champion continues with dis patriotic duty.
This nation will never return to the years of d locust.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Throwback: 12:10am On Feb 07, 2018
sorry1:
The Two ethnic groups that doesn't have to be forgiven for the embezzlement of public fund by other ethnic groups in Nigeria are Hausa-fulani and Yoruba.

These two ethnic groups are the greatest problem of Nigeria in all sincerity. Nigerian political corrupt practices started with these two ethnic groups in all sincerity.

You have forgotten Olisah Metuh, Tony Anenih, DSP Alamieyeseigha, James Ibori, Anyim Pius Anyim, and Diezani Allison-Madueke are not Yoruba or Hausa-Fulani?

Or no be Igbo men dey rule for Abia state since 1999?

Okotie Eboh who as a minister was already stealing public funds and also converting government property as his own private holdings even before independence, is neither Yoruba or Hausa-Fulani.

Azikiwe who was already fingered in corrupt practices with his own bank as a premier of Eastern region prior to independence, was also not Yoruba nor Fulani.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by sorry1(m): 12:24am On Feb 07, 2018
Throwback:

You have forgotten Olisah Metuh, Tony Anenih, DSP Alamieyeseigha, James Ibori, and Anyim Pius Anyim are not Yoruba or Hausa-Fulani?

Or no be Igbo men dey rule for Abia state since 1999?
You funny Nigerians always decide when it's favorable to classify and individual as igbo and when not to...on a normal day half of those men you mentioned above there won't be classified as Igbos by you, you will classify them as niger deltans.

The truth will always remain the truth... calculate the percentage of the Nigerian leaders that have ruptured this geographical region called Nigeria, you will find out my initial post stands.

5 Likes

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Throwback: 12:33am On Feb 07, 2018
sorry1:
You funny Nigerians always decide when it's favorable to classify and individual as igbo and when not to...on a normal day half of those men you mentioned above there won't be classified as Igbos by you, you will classify them as niger deltans.

The truth will always remain the truth... calculate the percentage of the Nigerian leaders that have ruptured this geographical region called Nigeria, you will find out my initial post stands.

Where did I classify any of the people I mentioned in my first paragraph as Igbos? I only gave you a litany of looters who are neither Yoruba or Hausa-Fulani that only came to your mind because of the news report you read.

While I stated clearly that the looters who have been ruling Abia state are Igbos.

I also hope that when you read about Olisah Metuh's N400m and other hefty sums of money he is being charged of laundering, you were quick to post that Igbos have been the ones looting Nigeria dry?

Or did an Igbo have to be president for Metuh or Anyim to have joined the looting of Nigeria?

Or do you want me to direct you to the post of a notable Igbo tribalist who tried to prove that Igbos have had better political power in Nigeria than Yorubas, but only ended up proving that Igbos shouting marginalization are only shedding crocodile tears and by extension had contributed more than Yorubas to the mismanagement of Nigeria?

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by slimfit1(m): 12:35am On Feb 07, 2018
If you mention Obasanjo you all voted him in.
Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Desyner: 1:47am On Feb 07, 2018
If the last loot recovery news didn't make herdsmen news die down how will 'paltry' N650M news do the damn trick.
Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by sarrki(m): 5:25am On Feb 07, 2018
Desyner:
If the last loot recovery news didn't make herdsmen news die down how is 'paltry' N650M news do the damn trick.

Why do you like corrupt people ?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by ogbeniolola: 6:33am On Feb 07, 2018
Now you see why they are opposed to Magu's confirmation!....just imagine another four years under jonathan! Metuh also offered to refund N400 million naira!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by LORDOFAFONJAS: 6:40am On Feb 07, 2018
grin another story to quench their flaws and lies cheesy
Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by IkpuNnu(f): 7:02am On Feb 07, 2018
Desyner:
If the last loot recovery news didn't make herdsmen news die down how is 'paltry' N650M news do the damn trick.

Neither will it stop Buhari from being reelected.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by DoyenExchange: 7:06am On Feb 07, 2018
"What a man can do..... " undecided

2 Likes

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Guestlander: 7:14am On Feb 07, 2018
Equal opportunity looting party. Stella Odua, Alison Madueke etc.
What a man can do, a woman can do it better.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 07, 2018
3Ebisco:
A former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Jumoke Akinjide, has returned N650 million to the Federal Government.

Akinjide informed the court about this development today, when she notified Justice Muslim Sule Hassan of a Federal High Court in Lagos of her plans to reach an out-of-court settlement with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

The EFCC had preferred a fraud and money laundering charge against her over the campaign money for the Peoples Democratic Party in Oyo State received from the former National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki.

Her lawyer, Chief Bolaji Ayorinde (SAN), told the court that before the start of trial, the party took the decision to return the fund complained of by the prosecution through his client.

“The entire money from the charge is the sum of N650 million. The funds were campaign money for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Oyo state in the 2015 general elections.

“The defendants who were PDP chieftains in Oyo state acting on the collective decision of the party decided to refund the money.

“I had a word with the EFCC’s lawyer, Rotimi Oyedepo, and we think it is wise going forward and at this point not to subject this matter to further adjudication and waste the time of the court.

“We decided that counsels on all sides should meet to look at the way forward on this charge, the money complained of having been refunded by the party through Jumoke Akinjide.

“My application is that the court should adjourn for further hearing pending the outcome of our discussion”, the silk said.

Other defence lawyers, Micheal Lana and Akinola Oladeji, were also in support of the plan.

Responding, EFCC’s lawyer, Rotimi Oyedepo, said he is not opposed to an adjournment to allow for discussion between parties.

He said: “I confirmed the discussion with the silk this morning. But I want to say that the matter before the court is not principally about campaign funds.

“I also confirmed that the commission had recovered the sum of N650 million, not from the chieftains and principal members of the PDP, but rather from the first defendant (Oloye Jumoke Akinjide).

“Section 270 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act (ACJA) 2015 allow parties to discuss. In view of the fact that the silk has applied for an adjournment to allow for discussion, we would not be objecting to his application”.

After listening to the submissions of the two parties in the matter, The Presiding judge, Justice Hassan adjourned further hearing in the matter till February 22.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/02/former-minister-jumoke-akinjide-returns.html
where is fani kayode to react ....

4 Likes

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Desyner: 7:33am On Feb 07, 2018
sarrki:

Why do you like corrupt people ?
I like justice for farmers and not corrupt people. Why do you like praising a under-performing Buhari ?
Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2018
They should arrest that former minister, she just brought back tithe 10% of what she stole. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by rxmusa(m): 7:49am On Feb 07, 2018
PMB is working

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by tuniski: 8:28am On Feb 07, 2018
sarrki:
While APC is clannish in Stealing as well as Corruption.

1 Like

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 07, 2018
sarrki:

You can say that again sarrki.
Bunch of thieves they all are..even in APC.

I can only vouch for my President

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by NSNA: 8:54am On Feb 07, 2018
So without Buhari the stolen funds will just be spent on luxury living, in the midst of poverty and unpaid salaries.

People stole this kind of money shocked shocked angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by kinibigdeal(m): 8:54am On Feb 07, 2018
The source of the News is not a genuine one

1 Like

Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by stephen109(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2018
after she Don use the money,profit acquired and turn over completed...
Re: Jumoke Akinjide Returns N650m To EFCC by RealGucci: 9:00am On Feb 07, 2018
yet naija
no development
no jobs
no light
no water
nothing works
no good roads
no good leadership
no hope
u return money back to a corrupt agency
then d fools in edcc will share it amongst d top boss them...dirty job.
useless shithole
since time immemorial
all monies recovered by anti graft agency
of what benefit has it been to the economy.
till all dirty and corrupt leaders are killed and dead ..all corrupt agencies go defunct we aint moving forward.
efcc my dic

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COZA: Oby Ezekwesili Queries Police Over Motive Of Invitation To Timi And Busola / NCC Denies Leaking Peter Obi's Phone Conversation With Oyedepo / PDP Caucus In Secret Meeting; Strategising On Opposing INEC CardReader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.