Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here (5792 Views)

Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 2:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:
did they claim to be perfect designer or God?
this furthers attest that God isn't a perfect designer.

This is a deist thread though, let's not drag the mythical Abrahamic god into this
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Adepeter2027 ask yourself this question and assess your level of logical reasoning.

Why is it that everything discovered by man which existed along with the universe has been beneficial to man despite also having some bad sides to them and I mean EVERYTHING!

Is it by chance that all these things have worked for man too and not always against man? What are the odds that something that accidentally and randomly came to exist could be beneficial every single time to man? grin

wouldn't you say it's like the popular adage that says you cannot make an omelette without breaking a few eggs? grin

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:
The processes in life are more than enough examples
How different from this process would it have to be to be regarded as a mistake?
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 2:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Deepsight NPcomplete, you guys are deists, right?
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 2:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
I now understand why hopefulLandlord dodges some mentions

8 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 2:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:
I now understand why hopefulLandlord dodges some mentions

Yes you do and I am sure it's because he lacks a bona-fide jot of intelligence to engage me and he knows it. You seem to flow in that direction as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

How different from this process would it have to be to be regarded as a mistake?
What's your religious belief?
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 2:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

so you're a deist that thinks the creator designed a perfect universe only for other beings to cause natural disaster?
Correct
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 2:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:
Correct
Tell me how it happened, I want to learn
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:
What's your religious belief?
I'm an atheist
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
another double post!
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 2:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

More like you want to mock in a subtle manner. You are never out to learn but to deride. Your modus operandi is pretty well common knowledge. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by danvon(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

Lemme give your an example
Your phone was made in a factory and it should be perfect right?
But over sometime it begins to develop faults such reduced battery capacity,at times the screen may get scratched. That is how the universe is too
so the universe has many gods? you know given the fact that the phone you see today isn't how it has always been there are many different designers who made different versions

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
danvon:
so the universe has many gods? you know given the fact that the phone you see today isn't how it has always been there are many different designers who made different versions
No,I just used the phone as a simple example
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I think you already know
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:
I think you already know
Well, I don't! I've never heard a deist make that claim
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by tintingz(m): 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

If you like grow weaker. The multiverse HYPOTHESIS is simply a HYPOTHESIS. It is no scientific fact. It is science fiction as it CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE PROVEN.

let that sink in.
How many theories about the universe are FACTS?!
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Well, I don't! I've never heard a deist make that claim
You have never heard of pollution from industries,soot,global warming ?
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 3:51pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

You have never heard of pollution from industries,soot,global warming ?
you're saying the earth was perfect and the earthquakes, Tornadoes, cyclones, tsunami, act of god etc were caused by man?
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 3:52pm On Feb 07, 2018
tintingz:
How many theories about the universe are FACTS?!

None actually (which is funny actually for people who wish to argue the origins of the universe using the big Bang Theory) grin

However, scientifically speaking, the Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological description of the origin and development of the Universe as our observable space.

So if the there is yet no scientific fact regarding the origin of our observable universe, how then can anyone postulate one about an impossible to observe multiverse?

Before I forget, the only thing the big Bang successfully shows is that our universe did in fact have a beginning.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

you're saying the earth was perfect and the earthquakes, Tornadoes, cyclones, tsunami, act of god etc were caused by man?
Yes,they were no recorded earthquakes/tsunamis during the ancient days.These all started as a result of tampering with nature by man
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 4:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

Yes,they were no recorded earthquakes/tsunamis during the ancient days.These all started as a result of tampering with nature by man

Tell me more about this "Ancient days" and is man also responsible for the tectonic activities on Mars Venus and Jupiter?

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by NPComplete: 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Deepsight NPcomplete, you guys are deists, right?

Yeah I am
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Tell me more about this "Ancient days" and is man also responsible for the tectonic activities on Mars Venus and Jupiter?
Counter question
Please present evidence of your so called tectonic activities
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by tintingz(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

None actually (which is funny actually for people who wish to argue the origins of the universe using the big Bang Theory) grin

However, scientifically speaking, the Big Bang theory is the prevailing cosmological description of the origin and development of the Universe as our observable space.

So if the there is yet no scientific fact regarding the origin of our observable universe, how then can anyone postulate one about an impossible to observe multiverse?
Good, now use the emboldened part for God.

Before I forget, the only thing the big Bang successfully shows is that our universe did in fact have a beginning.
is this a fact?

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 4:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Mods please move this to FP to raise awareness to free mankind from the prison called religion
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 4:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

Counter question
Please present evidence of your so called tectonic activities

with all pleasure

Quake_(natural phenomenon)

the references are below the page
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by danvon(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

No,I just used the phone as a simple example
Okay
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by NPComplete: 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
urahara:
What are your reasons for believing in god?

I won't rationalize it and say I have an air-tight proof of the existence of God. The best answer to this is that I can't bring myself not to believe in God no matter how hard I try. This is why I understand the position of many theists here. The only place I disagree with them is the nature of that god and whether or not their perceived version of God must be the true one. I always disagree with absolutists.
And I vehemently disagree with them when they try to sell their own beliefs as the right and only way things should be.

The God I believe in does not care what u believe in. He doesn't even care if u believe in Him or not from the evidence I can see so far.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 4:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
author=tintingz post=64867568]Good, now use the emboldened part for God

We are talking about science and not God. Besides, science cannot observe God, (a spirit essence). Remember that the multiverse is a hypothesis about other probable existing universes like ours. Our universe is physically observable for science but God isn't.

is this a fact?

So says the theory.
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
NPComplete:

I won't rationalize it and say I have an air-tight proof of the existence of God. The best answer to this is that I can't bring myself not to believe in God no matter how hard I try. This is why I understand the position of many theists here. The only place I disagree with them is the nature of that god and whether or not their perceived version of God must be the true one. I always disagree with absolutists.
And I vehemently disagree with them when they try to sell their own beliefs as the right and only way things should be.

The God I believe in does not care what u believe in. He doesn't even care if u believe in Him or not from the evidence I can see so far.

almost as good as not believing.

you sound agnostic
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 5:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

with all pleasure

Quake_(natural phenomenon)

the references are below the page
I don't believe that piece of info

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

50% Of Nigerians Are Muslims / The Holy Rosary Is A Powerful Prayer / Why Are Some Christians Not Following Jesus Closely?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.