Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

The best R'n'B Artistes of all times - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / The best R'n'B Artistes of all times (19380 Views)

Top Ten Nigerian Lyricist Of All Times / Remember these R&B, Soul and Hiphop tunes/artistes of the 90s? / Nigreian Artistes Of The 70's & 80's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by RisR: 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2007
Queen B are you really using racist comments such as whities and vanilla face? How offended would you be if a white person called you blackie or chocolate face? If you want racism to end, if you want respect it has to start with you!
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by anusule(m): 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2007
r.kelly
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by syren: 6:13pm On Aug 31, 2008
My favourite artiste of all time has gotta be BRANDY her voice is just so unique and sensual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOeI5cGbc8g

Then to list a few more

2. D'angelo but he's neo-soul  undecided
3. Joe
4. Boyz II Men
5. Mary J Blige
6. Whitney Houston
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 27, 2009
[list]
[li]R. Kelly[/li]
[li]Boyz II Men [/li]
[li]Usher [/li]
[li]Joe [/li]
[li]Jagged Edge [/li]
[li]Case [/li]
[li]Brandy[/li]
[li]Celine Dion [/li]
[li]Backstreet Boys [/li]
[li]TLC[/li]
[li]Aaliya [/li]
[li], the list is endless [/li]
[/list]
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 29, 2009
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by FBS: 1:02pm On Jul 29, 2009
Them boku ooo,
My favs

Boyz II Men, Joe, R.Kelly.
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by OmoUSH(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hmmm! USHER RAYMOND'S SONGS ARE TIMELESS SUCH AS U MAKE ME WANNA, U REMIND ME, U DON'T HAVE TO CALL, U GOT IT BAD, THE MANY WAYS, MY WAY, MAKE LOVE IN THIS CLUB, YEAH!, CONFESSIONS, BURN, DIVE, THERE GOES MY BABY, HUSH... AND MOST RECENTLY, CLIMAX. USHER EVEN INSPIRE THE NEWEST ALBUM OF AN OLD LEGENDARY BEETLES MEMBER, PAUL MCCARTNEY. FOR OVER 20 YEARS NOW HE HAS REMAIN DOMINANT ON THE WORLD MUSIC SCENE. SO, MY ALL TIME BEST RNB ARTISTS ARE:
JAMES BROWN(THE GOD FATHER OF SOUL)
STEVIE WONDER
LIONIE RITCHIE
MARVIN GAYE
MICHAEL JACKSON
CELINE DION
WEST LIFE
WHITNEY HOUSTON
BOYZ 2 MEN
USHER RAYMOND(THE GODSON OF SOUL)
R KELLY
BACK STREET BOYZ
JANET JACKSON
THE ISLEY BROTHERS
BOB DYLAN...
And few others.
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by shosky1794: 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Taf1: Maybe we should consider rephrasing the question coz when ue talk of the best artist of ALL time then ue put people like Barry White, Aretha Franklin and Luther Vandross...these lil kids like Omarion and Bow Wow(who is a rapper mind ue) cannot possibly have any stake on that one. And seeing ue say in the 90s to current errrrmmmm .....

Blackstreet,
Mary J Blige,
R.Kelly,
SWV,
Total,
Case
Silk
Blaque,
Jodeci,
Usher,
Ginuwine,
Aaliyah,
Destiny's Child,
TLC
XScape
B2K
Brandy
Joe
Mariah Carey
Alicia Keys
AZ Yet
Dru Hill
Toni Braxton

Let's get real people...c'mon now. Omarion could well be in on the list coz ladies love the boy bla bla bla but to get it Naa i don't think so... Tz about achievements innit

I can't believe you've got Total, 702, B2K, AZ Yet(with how many albums?), Dru Hill on this list. Common, we are talking of the greatest R&B artists. You can do better than that list.
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by shosky1794: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
OmoUSH: Hmmm! USHER RAYMOND'S SONGS ARE TIMELESS SUCH AS U MAKE ME WANNA, U REMIND ME, U DON'T HAVE TO CALL, U GOT IT BAD, THE MANY WAYS, MY WAY, MAKE LOVE IN THIS CLUB, YEAH!, CONFESSIONS, BURN, DIVE, THERE GOES MY BABY, HUSH... AND MOST RECENTLY, CLIMAX. USHER EVEN INSPIRE THE NEWEST ALBUM OF AN OLD LEGENDARY BEETLES MEMBER, PAUL MCCARTNEY. FOR OVER 20 YEARS NOW HE HAS REMAIN DOMINANT ON THE WORLD MUSIC SCENE. SO, MY ALL TIME BEST RNB ARTISTS ARE:
STEVIE WONDER
LIONIE RITCHIE
MARVIN GAYE
MICHAEL JACKSON
CELINE DION
WEST LIFE
WHITNEY HOUSTON
BOYZ 2 MEN
R KELLY
BACK STREET BOYZ
JANET JACKSON
THE ISLEY BROTHERS
BOB DYLAN...
And few others.

You are just obsessed with Usher. I can see that from your thread on him and what you said. Do you seriously mean it that songs like climax, yeah, make love in the club, etc are TIMELESS. I seriously don't think so and anybody who truly knows music will tell you same.
Usher is very good and way up there but not in the way you've taken him to be
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by shosky1794: 8:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
OmoUSH: Hmmm! USHER RAYMOND'S SONGS ARE TIMELESS SUCH AS U MAKE ME WANNA, U REMIND ME, U DON'T HAVE TO CALL, U GOT IT BAD, THE MANY WAYS, MY WAY, MAKE LOVE IN THIS CLUB, YEAH!, CONFESSIONS, BURN, DIVE, THERE GOES MY BABY, HUSH... AND MOST RECENTLY, CLIMAX. USHER EVEN INSPIRE THE NEWEST ALBUM OF AN OLD LEGENDARY BEETLES MEMBER, PAUL MCCARTNEY. FOR OVER 20 YEARS NOW HE HAS REMAIN DOMINANT ON THE WORLD MUSIC SCENE. SO, MY ALL TIME BEST RNB ARTISTS ARE:
STEVIE WONDER
LIONIE RITCHIE
MARVIN GAYE
MICHAEL JACKSON
CELINE DION
WEST LIFE
WHITNEY HOUSTON
BOYZ 2 MEN
R KELLY
BACK STREET BOYZ
JANET JACKSON
THE ISLEY BROTHERS
BOB DYLAN...
And few others.

You are just obsessed with Usher. I can see that from your thread on him and what you said. Do you seriously mean it that songs like climax, yeah, make love in the club, etc are TIMELESS. I seriously don't think so and anybody who truly knows music will tell you same.
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by shosky1794: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2013
Let's not get this mixed up. The thread says the greatest R&B artists of all time and not our favorite R&B artists. Let's just try and take out our sentiments and obsession, and be objective.
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by OmoUSH(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
grin
shosky1794:

cheesy
shosky1794:
gringringrin
It is only imbeciles that will opined that Yeah is not a timeless hit. The song will go down in history as the greatest and most played song in the year 2004. In February 2013, a video clip of Syrian government soldiers partying and dancing madly to Yeah! as they took a break from the country's civil war was posted online. For a singer of Usher's calibre the show was nothing special, but is that not the definition of TIMELESS? Infact, That song will be played all around the universe to time immemorial. It is likely the best club- dance song of the 21st century. Do u knw of a genre called Crunk&B? Yeah is the pioneer, and u must have found many imitating it in many parts of the earth since the past 10 years such as Chris Brown's 2005 debut single called Run It.
As for Make love in this club, som1 that really really knws music would know that song is timeless. That song was labelled by Wikipedia as the fastest rising song of his career. CLIMAX. It's only dullards especially here in this moronish continent that would deny that masterpiece of a song will not be evergreen. That song was Rolling Stone's one of the best songs of 2012.
grincheesycheesy
Bro, it's nt only me that is so obsessed with Usher o. U nid to come to my town. Usher speaks words, if u listen, that touches down a man who knws what life is. His falsetto and vocal confidence too drives me crazy. Let me quote one Nairalander-HE IS MY GREATEST SECRET FANTASY OF ALL TIME. That is the secret of my passion 4 him. Listen to Dive, Pray for u, Appetite, His Mistake, Hush, Guilty, Hot Tottie, Sins Of My Father, Numb, Here I Stand, U will be in My Heart, Moving Mountain,etc then u wil knw what am talking about. And those songs i listed above are not even that popular universally except maybe for the last one. R KELLY IS ALSO A GREAT INSPIRATION COS HE SINGS DEEP GOSPEL.gringrincheesycheesygringrin
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by OmoUSH(m): 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
shosky1794: Let's not get this mixed up. The thread says the greatest R&B artists of all time and not our favorite R&B artists. Let's just try and take out our sentiments and obsession, and be objective.
i endorsed ur words. Some of them don't even knw what music is all about.gringringrin
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by timecop28: 10:45am On Aug 06, 2013
My favourites are; R.kelly, Joe, Jaheim and Donell Jones.
But the best is Kellz!
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by OmoUSH(m): 10:54am On Aug 06, 2013
[quote author=timecop28]My favourites are; R.kelly, Joe, Jaheim and Donell Jones.
But the best is Kellz![/quoteThat's all. Mayb u should find a thread that says "ur favourite artists of all time".
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by OmoUSH(m): 4:59pm On Aug 09, 2013
timecop28: My favourites are; R.kelly, Joe, Jaheim and Donell Jones.
But the best is Kellz!
MAYBE U SHOULD FIND A THREAD THAT SAYS" UR FAVOURITE ARTISTS OF ALL TIME".
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by timecop28: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
OmoUSH:
MAYBE U SHOULD FIND A THREAD THAT SAYS" UR FAVOURITE ARTISTS OF ALL TIME".
"But the best is Kelz!" Didn't you see that?
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by OmoUSH(m): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
timecop28:
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by OmoUSH(m): 5:45pm On Aug 14, 2013
[/b]
timecop28:
I agree, YOUR BEST OF ALL TIME is Kelly.
Re: The best R'n'B Artistes of all times by holyjossy01(m): 8:50am On Aug 15, 2013
Robert Kelly

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid - Ginger Feat. Burna Boy ( Official Video) / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist / Download New MP3: Jonnykage Ft Iceboxx, Upper X- Chi Chum Chin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.