Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,904 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:08 PM

Luxury Hotel Declare Ban On Social Media Influencers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Luxury Hotel Declare Ban On Social Media Influencers (366 Views)

China Places Visa Ban On Nigerians Over Coronavirus / Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Why US Is Mulling Visa Ban On Nigeria, By Diplomatic Sources (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Luxury Hotel Declare Ban On Social Media Influencers by tellodds: 3:41am On Feb 07, 2018
A Dublin hotel has banned social media stars after a 22-year-old YouTuber requested for a five-night free stay and broke down in tears when she was bluntly refused.

Elle Darby, a UK-based social media influencer, with 87,000 YouTube subscribers and 76,000 Instagram followers, contacted the owner of The White Moose Café, Paul Stenson, asking if he was interested in a “possible collaboration.”

In an email to the Dublin hotel owner, Darby wrote: “I work as a social media influencer, mainly lifestyle, beauty & travel based.”

“My partner and I are planning to come to Dublin for an early Valentine’s Day weekend from Feb 8th to 12th to explore the area.”

“As I was searching for places to stay, I came across your stunning hotel and would love to feature you in my YouTube videos/dedicated Instagram stories/posts to bring traffic to your hotel and recommend others to book up in return for free accommodation.” she added in the mail while also including her social media reach.

Stenson publicly responded to Darby’s request on The White Moose Cafe Facebook page in a post that read:

“Dear Social Influencer (I know your name but apparently it’s not important to use names)”

“Thank you for your email looking for free accommodation in return for exposure. It takes a lot of balls to send an email like that, if not much self-respect and dignity.”

“If I let you stay here in return for a feature in a video, who is going to pay the staff who look after you? Who is going to pay the housekeepers who clean your room?”

“The waiters who serve you breakfast? The receptionist who checks you in? Who is going to pay for the light and heat you use during your stay?

“Maybe I should tell my staff they will be featured in your video in lieu of receiving payment for work carried out while you’re in residence?”, Stenson added.

“P.S. The answer is no.” the message concluded.

The owner however, went on in a later post to ban all social media influencers who might consider staying at his hotel.

https://tellodds.com/luxury-hotel-declare-ban-social-media-influencers/

cc. lalasticlala

Re: Luxury Hotel Declare Ban On Social Media Influencers by Nobody: 4:10am On Feb 07, 2018
Lol.�, now, this is funny!
Re: Luxury Hotel Declare Ban On Social Media Influencers by forreelinc(m): 4:27am On Feb 07, 2018
Mtchew dumbest hotel promotion ever

(1) (Reply)

Exploring Thai Cuisine On Trip. Suggestions? / How Do I Take ACT And SAT Exams Here In Nigeria And What Is The Cost? / Visiting Uganda On A Moderate Budget Juli 16, 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.