Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos (55162 Views)

Index Case Of Strange Disease In Kano Drank Water Near A Cemetery / How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) / 22 Signs To Watch Out For When Using A Gas Cylinder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by honestivo(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
pls someone should enlighten us on the maintenance of gas and gas cylinder
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Inception(m): 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
Diso60090:
Nice oranges
smiley
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by SalamRushdie: 2:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
maxiuc:
angry
Bad kerosene

Gas leakages

But why keep gas cylinder inside the kitchen don't you have bacony these are things to consider when renting an apartment

Sorry ooo

Back to charcoal method

Unfortunately most gas leakages don't occur from the gas cylinders but from the gas ranges or coolers themselves just like this case we have read about

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by MetalJigsaw(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
Houseofglam7:
I’m alright. You?
Yh... if u don't mind let's get to know you.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Obifrank: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
May God heal them.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by TrumpDonald2: 3:02pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:
I'm very worried about this topic. How is a phone able to ignite a gas cylinder? Practically everyone should be dead by now.
It is very possible bro. Google it. That's why there's also a warning sign in fuel stations against the use of phone.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by chikeze(m): 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
nanizle:
It is unlikely that the phone was the source of ignition (except if the phone defective).

It may have been static electricity or some other source.

The myth of a mobile phones causing ignition has been debunked many times. Do a bit of research on it.
Hmm..are u sure? Then why are phones not allowed to be used close to fuel pump in filling stations? undecided
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Iwillnotjump: 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
TrumpDonald2:

It is very possible bro. Google it. That's why there's also a warning sign in fuel stations against the use of phone.

But a fuel station is different from your house. A lot of flammables are stored in Fuel station's.

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Onnasucs1(m): 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
I have been using my phone near my Gas ooo. shocked

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by thunderbabs: 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2018
kolafolabi:
This is one reason why you should have regular maintenance on gas appliances. Owners should regularly check for leaks with the soapy water leak test. I doubt if its actually caused by phone.

Put this to test. Not gas though, petrol

Get a flat surface, put a phone dt has network on it on one end, den pour petrol such dt it spills 2wrds d phone den call dt phone.... U will see wht science students see...

WARNING Jst mk sure u yards away frm d xperiment b4 u mk d call ooo, odawise na guguru alata kind of burn u go get oo

3 Likes

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by elonize(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Gas explosion nobi beans o,e dey deadly n dangerous
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lilimax:
Allamdulillahi.
No life was lost.

Thank you Jesus! smiley Wishing you all quick recovery.
Stop confusing us.
Which of the divide are you on.
You can't be both
smiley

2 Likes

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Ghnaija(m): 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2018
FIRE hmmmm no be good thing ohhh it will be so good if seminars are made to talk about fire on how to prevent such in the house. Window or doors should have been opened to let the gas out God save us all .
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by PotatoSalad(m): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
That's one of the reasons why I stay away from gas cylinders. They are highly dangerous.
They are the safest.

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Abeyjide: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
best way the cylinder should stay outside the kitchen. wish u all quick recovery

2 Likes

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by TrumpDonald2: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

But a fuel station is different from your house. A lot of flammables are stored in Fuel station's.
There was a gas leak at his house...so the kitchen was already filled with gas and it caused the explosion.

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by KrystosCJ(m): 3:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
Phones in filling station, in the kitchen, in chemistry lab, in any place where volatile liquids or gases are present will almost certainly lead to an unpleasant episode.

Thank God for her life and that of her family. You will heal soon and become much wiser.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by RealGucci: 3:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
i hate camp gas.
pls buy a seperate 4 head cooker
buy 12.5kg cylinder
seperate it from the building.
use a hose
burner inside
cylinder outside.
or better still place phone off before anything
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by mayskit4luv(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
There’s possibility that a phone can trigger a gas explosion. I believe you know your phones emits radiation, as at the point of incoming message or incoming calls, the radiation could be at peak and trigger the gas making it to vibrate at a faster rate, there by causing explosion.
I could recollect when I went to fill my cylinder at a gas station, the attendant was attending to me, after which a call came through, he got carried away and picked the call. The supervisor saw that, and suspended him for a day or two.

This is science, anything is possible! I stand to be corrected tho!
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Bluffly: 3:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
kolafolabi:
This is one reason why you should have regular maintenance on gas appliances. Owners should regularly check for leaks with the soapy water leak test. I doubt if its actually caused by phone.
What are you saying. The radiation to the phone sparked fire in the midst of the gas in the air. Do you think its the liquid of the petrol that is dangerous at filling stations when they advice no use of phone?. It's the gas emissions
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
must all these 3k phones, thank goodness no life was lost.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by safetyInspector(m): 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
It is better safe than sorry. In gas plants all over the world, only intrinsically safe mobile phones can be used in the areas categorized as hazardous. If you take our every day mobile phone inside a gas plant, some company and government classified it as an act of terrorism. You can never tell if the mobile phone in question is one of this China phone that can pass a safety test.
Psalm18:
FOR the umpteenth time. Phones can not ignite fire.

To keep saying (fire was caused by phone)it over and over Does not make it true
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by tope1989: 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
Wish I quick recovery
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by MetalJigsaw(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
PotatoSalad:
They are the safest.
What's your reason?
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by madgoat(m): 4:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by omoelerin1: 4:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:
I'm very worried about this topic. How is a phone able to ignite a gas cylinder? Practically everyone should be dead by now.
You are free to perform the experiment. After all, facts are normally deduced by carrying out experiments/research.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by phemitunde(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:

leaking gas cylinder.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by 99foxxy(f): 4:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
Fat lies, there is no way phone gonna ignite light cos I use gas cooker while holding my phone, making calls, receiving and sending messages like right now. Nigerians really needs civilization in matters like this biko. How would you not be servicing your gas cooker not to talk of perceiving smells from leaking cylinder due to carelessness only to blame it on phone.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by hurumnanya: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
Iwillnotjump:
Ignorance is a disease. Please use google, its free.
Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by wokemzine: 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Diso60090:
Nice oranges

Look at this image again & in your mind, picture your loved ones in such a situation.

And say nice oranges again.

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by moststylish(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
Psalm18:
FOR the umpteenth time. Phones can not ignite fire.

To keep saying (fire was caused by phone)it over and over Does not make it true
help me tell them bro, I do retail of gas in my store and I use my phone steady even using the touch at night to sell gas so I dont know where all this conspiracy theory is coming from. God help us sha

1 Like

Re: Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos by femi4: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
prinsam30:
I don't think there's a research to that effect....

phone making gas cylinder to cause an explosion, I don't think so, something somewhere must have triggered the explosion

OP and u also concluded that using phone torch light to refuel a generator can also cause an explosion, that one I no go gree lai lai, have been doing that since I bought my GEN about 9yrs ago.

Na just devils work that's all
Kontinu, you ll soon be a statistic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / Ultrasound Scan Machine For Sale In Nigeria(lagos) / Lady Invites Nigerian To Her Burial Over Lack Of Funds To Treat Herself (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.