Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:10 PM

Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling (14470 Views)

Man Burnt To Death While Travelling From Bauchi To Jos(graphic Photos) / Female Corper Burnt After In Motor Accident While Travelling. Graphic Photos / Passenger Ties Goat Along With Luggage On Top Of A Bus While Travelling (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Opinionated: 1:39pm On Feb 07, 2018

It is not advisable to travel without proper planning. This is because there are endless places where you can go and be safe as you explore, but to go and hope for the best is not good enough. You need a plan for things such as medical care, money problems and bank trouble. So, when travelling, you may encounter issues accessing money. Some of these could be your ATM card not working, a machine eating your card, you losing your card, and someone stealing your wallet with your card in it. The good news here is that you can do some things to minimise the impact of losing access to money. Jumia Travel, the leading online travel agency, shares some of the things you can do if you lose access to your money while travelling.

Have many money backup plans

Online banking means you can move money around very easily. It means you can put a bit of money on your debit card and also put money on another bank’s debit card. You can also move your money to online accounts as well. If one card is lost, get online and transfer your money to a safe or usable account.

Carry some cash with you

One of the ultimate rules of travelling abroad is to make sure you have at least some cash on you when you travel. You never know what the situation will be when you arrive at your destination. Perhaps your bank cards won’t work with the local ATM’s, or your bank freezes your account when you try accessing an ATM withdraw, or you lose your wallet.

Contact your bank if you lose access to your card

If your card has been lost, stolen, swallowed by an ATM, or is not working, then tell your bank right away. They help reduce your losses if any fraud occurs with your missing card, and they may also be able to advise you on how to regain access to your funds again.

Western Union is your friend

If you are travelling abroad and you are stranded, one of the best ways to bounce back is to reach out to your friends and family to wire money to you via Western Union. You can easily withdraw the money at any bank of your choice. This is the best way you can get some emergency cash.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/things-lose-access-money-travelling/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by ghiloman28(m): 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
OK
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by wildchild02: 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by diego101(m): 3:10pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Nairalandmentor(m): 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
Thanks for the info
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by BruncleZuma: 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by obembet(f): 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
What if you don't have money at all?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Samogbo1(m): 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
H
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by EmmaLege: 3:11pm On Feb 07, 2018
kiss

1 Like

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Wesporting: 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
We hear. what about me when no get money for anywhere?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Yewandequeen(f): 3:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ehen
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by akeentech(m): 3:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling Contact me
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by chinaze4real(m): 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
This to do in 2019, vote out buhari, BUHARI2Duara
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by enny66(m): 3:16pm On Feb 07, 2018

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by purpose32: 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari sef
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by PotatoSalad(m): 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lol. This happened yesterday.
Got to my destination and dipped my hand inside my trouser pocket to bring out money, I sat close to the door and immediately, the 3k inside my pocket dropped and fell through a little gap by the door. I rushed down sharply to pick it up, I heard one guy singing 'I'm lucky I'm lucky' zoom past me. Choi. Lmao.
Fear ndi abakpa nti ike

1 Like

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by eleojo24: 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Don't even pray to be in that situation
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by FruitCakes(f): 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Noted.
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by MuyiRano(m): 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
I want to say a big thank you to those NLders that celebrated wt me yesterday. Thanks for the likes and mentions. God bless you abundantly.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Hardeybohwarley(m): 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
Just passing by.
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Willexmania(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Yewandequeen:
Ehen
What Is The Stress Located? As In, What's The Stress Pattern?
>> eHEN
OR
>> Ehen
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Joshuaoseoboh(m): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
good info. You forgot to add "ask from your neighbor"
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by GMBuhari: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
Keep most of your money in crypto
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by pennywys(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
For those interested applicants in Port Harcourt and within the city of Port Harcourt interested to apply for the Nigerian Police Force 2018/2019 recruitment, should contacts me at the University of Port Harcourt Shopping Complex, Choba Campus, University Of Port Harcourt or call the contacts below my signature for successful online registration.
Interested applicants must possess at least credit in Mathematics and English Language in their O,level certificates in not more than two sittings, and must come to the registration center with their certificates and other identification documents for successful registrations.
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by ELgordo(m): 3:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ovoko!
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by lordm(m): 3:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
We no lost money again o
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Chuksgeo: 3:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
coming back to make my comment in order words space booked
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by coalcoal1(m): 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nigerian police is your friend
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by hezy4real01(m): 4:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Carry cash and wear a pampams to hide it
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by Yewandequeen(f): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Willexmania:

What Is The Stress Located?
As In, What's The Stress Pattern?

>> eHEN

OR

>> Ehen
the latter
Re: Things To Do If You Lose Access To Your Money While Travelling by saintkeppy(m): 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
obembet:
What if you don't have money at all?

Hide ur Face! cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Deplorable State Of Roads In Imo After Heavy Rain (Photos) / NIWA Arrests Boat Owner Carrying 12 Pupils With No Life Jacket On Lagos Lagoon / Four Crushed To Death In Lagos, Ogun Accidents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.