Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again (18230 Views)

Corpse Of Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Stabbed To Death By Wife Maryam Sanda (Graphic / The Scene Where Bilyamin Muhammed Bello Was Killed By Wife Maryam Sanda At Home / Who Is Maryam Sanda? Profile Of Wife Who Stabbed Husband Bilyamin Muhammed Bello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by agwom(m): 4:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
An FCT High Court in Jabi has again strike out a bail application filed by Maryam Sanda.

The trial judge, Justice Yusuf Halilu delivered the ruling by 12:20pm on Wednesday when giving ruling on the observation made by the court that a notice of appeal has been made against the court's earlier ruling denying Maryam bail in December 14.

The judge held that, " The proper thing to have done is to file notice of discontinuance of the appeal but having not done that the new motion filed on 25/1/2018 was brought for the irritation of the court and the prosecution counsel, and it is thereby struck out."

The judge earlier held that, "A notice of appeal is the livewire that animates and sustains an appeal. It is the originating process which set the ball rolling for a proper commencement of an appeal," the judge held.

He held that the Supreme Court defined abuse of court process to mean that the process of court have not been used bona-fide and properly.

"It is instructive to state that the relief sort in the notice of appeal to set aside my ruling and grant the

"The step taken by the defence counsel is such that ought to be observed closely. If the reliefs sort in the appeal and the new motion are same, the question is can I be asked to exercise discretion during pendency of the appeal.

"Filing and entering appeal are different issues. Appeal is considered filed when the notice is given to the trial court registrar and it is considered entered when appearances have been made and appeal number attached to it.

"I must warn myself to refrain from taking the part that will lead to destruction in that I want to avoid the situation where I sit on a matter already before my brother senior judges when the issue in contention originate from my court," Justice Halilu ruled.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-again-court-refuses-maryam-sanda-s-bail.html

3 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by SalamRushdie: 7:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
Something tells me if Buhari wasn't president this might not have happened because I have noticed that the poor governance coupled with the uncertainty in the land has made a lot of Nigerians short fused and cortisol pumped due to stress ..I might be wrong but my hunch tells me I am right .

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by tooth4tooth: 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
How can mother of a six months old baby be pregnant?

8 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by chigoizie7(m): 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nna nawa for these people ooh.

No remorse whatsoever for the crime committed.
Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by tuzeriouz: 8:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
tooth4tooth:
a mum of less than six months can become pregnant.

9 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
Domestic violence should not be condoned btw couples, i have no pity whatsoever for her

12 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Ezedon(m): 9:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
Rot in jail

3 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Jac007(m): 9:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
That beautiful murderer? Let her rot in jail angry

6 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Nobody: 9:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
tooth4tooth:

It is possible but where did you see that she is pregnant?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by uglodoh(f): 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
tuzeriouz:

a mum of less than six months can become pregnant.

It is 100% possible. It depends on when she started her menses.
Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Galantis: 9:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
Na why I dey avoid Muslim gals like plague.

3 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Nobody: 9:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
tooth4tooth:
Very possible. I was about that age or a month older when my mom got pregnant with my brother

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Sweetcollins: 9:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
Bail ke, gii am life romance to kuje...some women can just be so heartless...
Quote me if u are one of them

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by AntiWailer: 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Something tells me if Buhari wasn't president this might not have happened because I have noticed that the poor governance coupled with the uncertainty in the land has made a lot of Nigerians short fused and cortisol pumped due to stress ..I might be wrong but my hunch tells me I am right .

You need your head examined.

Anybody with a brain scanner ?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by thesettingz(m): 9:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
Honestly am feeling for the woman.... She must have been regretting her actions now. May God forgive her wrong doings

4 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by free2ryhme: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2018

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by free2ryhme: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
thesettingz:
Honestly am feeling for the woman.... She must have been regretting her actions now. May God forgive her wrong doings

The law has no feelings

9 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Mznaett: 9:41pm On Feb 07, 2018
It's a pity

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Authoreety: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
Gud! D woman should be used as scapegoat
Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by ogunmourinho(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
trustyshoess:

Very possible. I was about that age or a month older when my mom got pregnant with my brother
cheesy
trustyshoess:

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Alariiwo: 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
Sentence her to death by hanging after delivery.

Govt. should take custody of her kids incase no family member or theirs come forward to claim them.
#Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by amnesty7: 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
No drama of cuddling the baby again?
Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Lemmejoor(m): 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
trustyshoess:

Your dad sha

5 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 07, 2018
Lemmejoor:

Your dad sha
Lol
Abeg I don't even want to think about it grin

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Christafarian(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2018
While it may a source of concern that she is now pregnant, it goes to no issue for me, what however is more irritable is her attempt at garnering some sympathy in mischief by continually strapping to herself each time she appears in Court, that poor baby whose father has been gruesomely hacked to death in cold blood. Clasping on to the Quran has also been another gimmick to gain compassion. It won't work.

6 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Alariiwo: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
trustyshoess:

Lol
Abeg I don't even want to think about it grin

Your mom tho..

Naso she like sweet things reach?

1 Like

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by andyanders: 9:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
tooth4tooth:

An arrangee pregnancy whereby one of those guys helping her must have advised her to be fvcked so that she became pregnant and seek the mercy of the judges to grant her bail. The gravity of her offence is much and thank God that the victim is a son of the rich hence her case is still going on.They will fvck her more and at the end, she will still be convicted.

6 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by bakila: 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
SalamRushdie:
You are right. Haliru Bello would have being in control of N2bn of campaign funds, which could have made Maryam less short-fused.

2 Likes

Re: Court Refuses Maryam Sanda's Bail Again by Silvermoney: 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
Is murder a bailable offence? Why is her application for bail even worth considering?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Authorised The Burial Of Timothy Adegoke - Vanguard for The Truth / Man Allegedly Beats His 8-Year-Old Daughter To Coma In Anambra / Kwara Monarch, Two Others Bag Life Imprisonment For Kidnapping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.