Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,263 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:29 AM

What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? (1873 Views)

Learning Programming. (my Nairaland Journal) / Avoid The Hard Ways Of Learning Programming / Help I"m Loosing Intrest Fast In Learning Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by urahara(m): 7:36am On Feb 08, 2018
As someone who isn't a computer science center graduate, is there any financial reward for me learning programming, if so, what are they?
Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by urahara(m): 7:37am On Feb 08, 2018
Cc fulaman, seun
Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by yorex2011: 7:51am On Feb 08, 2018
To be honest, I really can't answer your question. I learned to program because I wanted to change the world somehow and it felt natural for to tow that part.

Yes there's financial reward if your good and are able to think smartly.

If mixed with other things such as a good personality, good communicator, avid reader and humble person, you can achieve amazing results.

Don't go in because you want financial reward, you go just cast.
Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by urahara(m): 8:01am On Feb 08, 2018
yorex2011:
To be honest, I really can't answer your question. I learned to program because I wanted to change the world somehow and it felt natural for to tow that part.

Yes there's financial reward if your good and are able to think smartly.

If mixed with other things such as a good personality, good communicator, avid reader and humble person, you can achieve amazing results.

Don't go in because you want financial reward, you go just cast.

Lmao grin grin grin

Thank for the answer

1 Like

Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by ifex370(m): 8:15am On Feb 08, 2018
urahara:
As someone who isn't a computer science center graduate, is there any financial reward for me learning programming, if so, what are they?

When going into programming.. Forget about the financial aspect..

You can as well go start a business for now.. Cos all these thing's may take years before it starts to pay you off..

Not trying to discourage you tho.. If you know you have big motivation in that area.. Then go for it

1 Like

Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 08, 2018
urahara:
Cc fulaman, seun

Oga seun pls I've been mailing you. Please come to my aid I'm on my knees cry
Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by Fulaman198(m): 10:39pm On Feb 08, 2018
There is potentially financial benefit in everything we do. Programming being one of them.

I just want to make a quick differentiation though. Programming and Computer Science are not the same thing. Sure there is a lot of programming in Computer Science, but there is also a lot of programming in Electrical Engineering.

More succinctly put, Computer Science is the study of Algorithmic Theory. Programming allows one to design and implement algorithms on a computer.

You can build apps, program hardware devices (embedded systems), design your own operating system, build robust webpages. What you do is up to you. I would say it's a worthwhile hobby to take up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Largas:

Oga seun pls I've been mailing you. Please come to my aid I'm on my knees cry

good evening sir Seun . plsss
Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by PCGamesLab(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
You can earn money after learning programming.
Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by bet9ja(m): 7:24pm On Feb 11, 2018
urahara:

There is no financial reward if your motive is the financial gain, you will get frustrated and became a copy and paste programmer. However, if your motive is to learn programming from what variable is, how can you implement a conditional statement, zeal to fight Multa-Kombat with bugs, figure out how things works, write bad codes and learn how to write good one, sitting with your computer from morning till Night working on imaginary projects and not sample project from YouTube.

Then you are ready to smile to the bank in few years.

2 Likes

Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by Oiselenjakhian(m): 9:50am On Feb 12, 2018
Hello,

This is a group on meetup.com for programming beginners.

You can check it out here: https://www.meetup.com/Learn-to-code-in-2018

If you are a newbie programmer, you should consider coming for the first meetup scheduled for the 24th of this month.

Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by urahara(m): 11:55am On Feb 14, 2018
bet9ja:

There is no financial reward if your motive is the financial gain, you will get frustrated and became a copy and paste programmer. However, if your motive is to learn programming from what variable is, how can you implement a conditional statement, zeal to fight Multa-Kombat with bugs, figure out how things works, write bad codes and learn how to write good one, sitting with your computer from morning till Night working on imaginary projects and not sample project from YouTube.

Then you are ready to smile to the bank in few years.

Thanx
Re: What Will I Gain By Learning Programming? by Desyner: 8:02pm On Feb 14, 2018
Programming is financially rewarding but takes time, practice and persistence. I was once faced with the task of merging about 17,000 pairs of images into single images and was able to do it programmatically. The options are many in programming. Programming is the gateway to unlocking the power of computers as machine. I know a person who was tasked with merging close to a hundred thousand pairs of photos into single photos. He used manual method and choose editors.

(1) (Reply)

Finished Css Already , Created A Website / Phpbrowserbox Goes Open-source! / Can You Build Mobile App .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.