Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,268 members, 7,780,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:24 PM

Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 (79130 Views)

FG Asks Multichoice To Suspend DSTV, GOTV Price Increase / Breaking News: Multichoice "DSTV & Gotv To Shutdown In Nigeria In 2019 / Breaking: Multi Choice, Dstv/gotv To Shut Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by gr8tone: 8:05pm On Feb 08, 2018
This would have been a a nice move for us to look inward to develop our own but with greedy and corrupt people as our leaders, Multichoice will still come back again in another way.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by wristbangle: 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
I thought it's this year June but to think of it TSTV has not kicked off operation as viewing centre people would lose their source of income.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Nedfed(m): 8:06pm On Feb 08, 2018
akinemma1:
Go DSTV!!! Go GOTV!!! Bye Bye.
I won't miss you at all!!!
Shiiiior
Pretence everywia
Na so una do 2015 shouting Jonathan must go/leave na Buhari CHANGE will want.
My bro Buhari do show una with the change you all requested now you pple do dey complain again.
If you chase Dstv and GOTV out, Multichoice will neva see any setback, instead na you go suffer.
As for me, am less concern with that cos I stand with KwaraTv.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by nnofaith: 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2018
This will only affect GOTV, and should affect startimes too when they also want to renew.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Fmartin(m): 8:07pm On Feb 08, 2018
luke55720:
Before June next year them go don settle, if not I hope say better nigeria company way fit go us better service than dstv go dey.
i don't think so. Wonder why TSTV is dormant?

All na plans to give TSTV an indigenous company a chance.
Remember, TSTV was given 3 years tax break. And Lai Mohammed was there when TSTV was launched.

We are watching. TSTV are playing their game silent grin
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by trevorhorace(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2018
are they high on miyettiallah's urine? when world cup is around the corner.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by guass(m): 8:09pm On Feb 08, 2018
By June 2019, a new government will have emerged that will need funds urgently. So renewal of Multichoice will be as easy as ABC. This government will not be there by then
They are just bragging.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by walosky(m): 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2018
................and the best indigenous cable tv has come stay!

Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Boss13: 8:10pm On Feb 08, 2018
Zoharariel:
Good news! Now is the time for TSTV & other indigenous coys to buckle-up.

This is a huge opportunity that should be exploited by both indigenous Nigerian companies and the Nigerian government. There is a huge need to break the monopolistic power of Multichoice and ensure a level field for operation if they ever want to operate in Nigeria. However, I doubt this will be successful as Multichoice understands the Nigerian game and know how to play it effectively. Nigeria still remains a huge significant market for them, losing it would be a huge blow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by gr8tone: 8:11pm On Feb 08, 2018
Fmartin:

Remember, TSTV was given 3 years tax break. And Lai Mohammed was there when TSTV was launched.

I pray it works but I fear make e no come be like Glo network in my area... E slow pas snail and full of challenges
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by OfemGeomorph(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2018
What will now happen to our decoders?
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by jacoik(m): 8:16pm On Feb 08, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Thank God Kwese TV is here now afta d disappointment of TSTV.. But all dis na story sha, dey'll sort demselves out.. D only thing leaving in 2019 is dis govt
no vex pls. Do you any information about this tstv? Do you know anyone using it?
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Fmartin(m): 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2018
gr8tone:
I pray it works but I fear make e no come be like Glo network in my area... E slow pas snail and full of challenges
am sure there wont be monopoly again.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by emonkey(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2018
Vey nice! Now we call all face the problems of this country instead of watching European football league. Mschew!
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by NothingDoMe: 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2018
Suspect33:
[s]Story!! Nigerians cant live without south africans, i am a proud SA citizen, y'all feed off us[/s]
shaaarraaap!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by luke55720: 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2018
Fmartin:

as far as say tstv dey show EPL and champions league no problem
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Mryacks: 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
SilentBang:
speechless! for this country!!!... lol DSTV is here to stay, they will go to any extent to renew that license.

NAIJA is their largest market.

True
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Fmartin(m): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2018
luke55720:
as far as say tstv dey show EPL and champions league no problem
there won't be your favourite show grin

BBNaija grin
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Stevengerd(m): 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
Kwese Sport no deh show for island, only mainland
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by luke55720: 8:35pm On Feb 08, 2018
Fmartin:

there won't be your favourite show grin

BBNaija grin
Them go find way to put am for tstv grin
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by maballack(m): 8:36pm On Feb 08, 2018
just an avenue for them to finance campaign so in the eventuality the winner would get the license approved again
luke55720:
Before June next year them go don settle, if not I hope say better nigeria company way fit give us better service than dstv go dey.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by girl4rmspace(f): 8:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
eTECTIVe:
Thank God Kwese TV is here now afta d disappointment of TSTV.. But all dis na story sha, dey'll sort demselves out.. D only thing leaving in 2019 is dis govt

What happened with tstv anyway? After all the hype it just died down.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by PHILipu1(m): 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2018
eTECTIVe:
What if I Buhari win in 2019?
Will you drink sniper?

Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by doctimonyeka(m): 8:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
eTECTIVe:
please how much is this kwese TV and subscription fee?
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by thunderbabs: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2018
No b d same federal govt back TStv during its launch in Abuja shocked wey d tin dey back na?

FG being deceiving fellow citizens since 1991 shocked
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by blacknp(m): 8:46pm On Feb 08, 2018
desreek9:
So they use back door to renew their license and they've been profiting from us, yet refuse to give PAY AS YOU USE, taking monthly salary on something we dont use often cos of stupid electricity we have, well am okay with not renewing their license, that is if they dont bribe the powers that be to prolong their license.
Stupid South Africans angry
Bad Belle you support them not renewing their license because you don't have DSTV to watch?
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Fmartin(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
luke55720:
Them go find way to put am for tstv grin
i trust naija

d title go be like big sister naija BSNaija grin
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by gamaliel9: 8:49pm On Feb 08, 2018
Mumu dem, you don't know thousands of Nigerians will lose their jobs if they are sent parking.

Nonsense....do you know how much they take home to South Africa? losing jobs is not an end...other digital tvs will spring up.....sacked workers knowledge will come handy....The workers get peanuts compared to DSTV subscription rates...we are the highest in Africa. Remember you just pay,unlike mtn that will provide electricity for her masts...these ones do little or nothing....And worst,they couldnt even list on Nigerian Stock Exchange,so that we can shop small through dividends or price appreciation... nonsense
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Feb 08, 2018
Coitus:

Mumu dem, you don't know thousands of Nigerians will lose their jobs if they are sent parking.
keep quite dey should leave do u know much dey make frm Nigerian
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Gerrard59(m): 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
eTECTIVe:

Well, Kwese doesn't show full EPL/Champions League matches. They've only one free to air match per week.

@Post, I want to believe Multichoice will solve the problem. However, Zuma might not be available when they need him.

eTECTIVe:

I doubt dat... Liverpool vs Burnley and Everton vs crystal Palace is on kwese dis Saturday so?

https://www.techzim.co.zw/2017/04/supersport-secures-exclusive-english-premier-league-rights-pay-tv/
https://www.techzim.co.zw/2016/03/econet-secures-english-premier-league-rights-kwese-sports-tv-service/

https://www.premierleague.com/news/367485
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by Chydo63(m): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
Phew... I've not read a crooked and boring story like this, in a long while.
Re: Multichoice, DSTV/GOTV To Shut Down June 2019 by bizhop01: 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2018
You are dreaming

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones Season 7 Episode 6 Discussion (Terrible Spoilers!) / Is Pat Attah Married to Nkiru Sylvanus? / Photos Of Efe's Father And Mother Watching BBNaija Finale In Their House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.