Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Travel To Nigeria: Backpacking To Benin City - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel To Nigeria: Backpacking To Benin City (443 Views)

My Four-hour Flight From Abuja To Benin / Why Is Nobody Traveling To Benin Republic? (my Honest Opinion Video) / How To Travel From Lagos To Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Travel To Nigeria: Backpacking To Benin City by Niftyrules(m): 4:37pm On Feb 08, 2018
Backpacking will never be tedious for me any day anytime. And on this most recent trip of mine to Benin city, Nigeria, I did it with fun, enjoying every minutes while it lasted.

Like I might have told you in one of my recent article, my intention is to travel to the 36 states in Nigeria and later travel to as many countries in the world, not just to be confined to my home country or Africa alone.

The journey started with our first Connection through Ikeja Lagos, next to Lagos-Ibadan Expressway and then connected Shagamu which set us on course Benin city. The trip made us pass through some states in Nigeria like; Lagos (as mentioned earlier), Ogun (Ikeena Remo, Ijebu-Ode Shagamu), Ondo and Edo (which then connected us to our destination, Benin city.

There is this way I travel. I get to check for sign post to know where exactly I am. Well, don't laugh at me. That is the situation of things here in Nigeria. Most of our highways are not well labeled with the appropriate signpost, street tags except in few cases. As at the time I documented this report, I just told (probably) an Igbo woman that we are now at Ijebu Ode (a old city in Ogun state) after she asked me where we are.

Do you know what? Travel gets interesting for me (don't know about you) when I relax in a bus, train or plane with my earpiece stuck into my ears, listening to cool music. And I must be grateful to TY Dollar™ for keeping me company. He's just got the words I wanted to hear as at that time. 'Everybody wants to be famous'.

Our first stop over was at Ore. Quite alot of people traveling to Benin believe that whenever you get to Ore, then you are some few minutes away from Benin. It is a place of large display of fast food, fruits, confectioneries and some other quick ‘bite-able’. The journey was really interesting I must tell you.

I had a good sight of passionate Nigerians, young and old folks trading on the highway in order to make ends meet.
Meanwhile, one of the major issues predominant with traders at the Benin/Ore highway and Ore itself is that they seem to have fallen in love with hiking prices of their goods. This therefore has made them sell 50% higher than the general price. Well this issue might just be one which needs to be resolved by the federal government in such a way that there is a price control mechanism that ensures uniformity in price of goods in the country.

All through our Journey to Benin we never encountered any traffic whatsoever until we got to Ore. Traffic is one thing I hate with passion. However, after some tumultuous moment struggling for free lanes in the traffic, we eventually made it through. But then you will be surprised to note that a little diversion ahead us was what caused this unexpected traffic.

Returning from Benin was all fun filled with good scenery. Amazingly, despite a social event that took me down to the 'heart beat' state of Nigeria, Edo state), I still had most of my missions accomplished.

Finally my trip to Benin was successful as I had good report to uncover from the trip, telling you about my encounter with Benin culture at the famous Benin City National Museum. My experience at Igun Street, the home of Bronze works in Benin and my interview with the Curator at the National Museum in Benin.

My return trip to Lagos was all bliss. Stay logged onto Nifty Travels to get more from my maiden travel experience to Benin City.

https://niftytravelsandtour./2018/02/08/travel-to-nigeria-backpacking-to-benin-city/

Re: Travel To Nigeria: Backpacking To Benin City by Niftyrules(m): 4:38pm On Feb 08, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Airlines To Save N11.6b Yearly From Removal Of VAT, Others / Nigeria To Ghana / 2018 Mahidol Postgraduate Scholarships For Graduate International Students.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.