Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:25 AM

About To Leave Home - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / About To Leave Home (2263 Views)

When Is The Best Time To Leave Home? / At What Age Do You Think Is Right For A Man To Leave Home? / 9 Reasons Why She Is Going To Leave You For Another Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About To Leave Home by Nobody: 9:31pm On Feb 08, 2018
Okay guys!

This is my first thread on romance section of this forum. I don't know if this is the right section for this thread, but since its the most populated, I'll give it a shot. I need your advice please.

So yesterday, I got into an argument with my father. I'm 23+, currently doing my MSc. Will be 24 next month. I work as a freelancer (though he doesn't know). The thing is, he got into an argument with my mum a night before. It hurt me and I was annoyed. But its not my marriage so I kept shut.

The next morning, I was having breakfast. He came into my room to ask when I'll be going to school. I responded 9am. I wasn't smiling though. He then started shouting, calling me a mad man...saying I like frowning at him...that I'm free to remove my clothes & go naked on the streets...bla bla bla.

He is usually very abusive when he's annoyed and it happens often. If I get extremely angry, it could lead to me smashing his head with a stool, and that's something I badly want to avoid.

Mum had the hint that I'm planning to leave. Today, her elder sister came to me...started begging and quoting Ephesians, talking about heaven & hell etc. She knelt and begged that I should make peace and not leave home. I've even found a room to rent.

I badly need my space. Mind you, my parents stay in their own house, not a rented apartment. People, I need your advice. Thanks!

Update: Apartment Painted. Lol!

MODIFIED: I'm two weeks old as an independent guy. Thanks to all the advice's, criticism and general comments. Remain blessed.
Re: About To Leave Home by ifex370(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:
Okay guys!

This is my first thread on romance section of this forum. I don't know if this is the right section for this thread, but since its the most populated, I'll give it a shot. I need your advice please.

So yesterday, I got into an argument with my father. I'm 23+, currently doing my MSc. Will be 24 next month. I work as a freelancer (though he doesn't know). The thing is, he got into an argument with my mum a night before. It hurt me and I was annoyed. But its not my marriage so I kept shut.

The next morning, I was having breakfast. He came into my room to ask when I'll be going to school. I responded 9am. I wasn't smiling though. He then started shouting, calling me a mad man...saying I like frowning at him...that I'm free to remove my clothes & go naked on the streets...bla bla bla.

He is usually very abusive when he's annoyed and it happens often. If I get extremely angry, it could lead to me smashing his head with a stool, and that's something I badly want to avoid.

Mum had the hint that I'm planning to leave. Today, her elder sister came to me...started begging and quoting Ephesians, talking about heaven & hell etc. She knelt and begged that I should make peace and not leave home. I've even found a room to rent.

I badly need my space. Mind you, my parents stay in their own house, not a rented apartment. People, I need your advice. Thanks!

If you have the money.. Leave.. Its a better option.. Come home every once in a while to eat and collect food.. But let that distance create respect

2 Likes

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 9:48pm On Feb 08, 2018
ifex370:

If you have the money.. Leave.. Its a better option.. Come home every once in a while to eat and collect food.. But let that distance create respect
Lol! Eat & collect money grin. Not at all. I just want to leave without a quarrel.
Re: About To Leave Home by ifex370(m): 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:
Lol! Eat & collect money grin. Not at all. I just want to leave without a quarrel.

I feel you should.. I may not understand the full view.. But from what you've written, that's the best bet...

.however, no matter what, your home is still your home, your father is still your father.. And nothing can ever change that.. So you're allowed to come home anytime

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Cowbuoy: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2018
cry
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2018
ifex370:

I feel you should.. I may not understand the full view.. But from what you've written, that's the best bet...

.however, no matter what, your home is still your home, your father is still your father.. And nothing can ever change that.. So you're allowed to come home anytime
Thanks bro.
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cowbuoy:
cry
Say something bro
Re: About To Leave Home by Cowbuoy: 10:30pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:
Say something bro

So sorry, but I think I'm underwhelmed Bruv... cry

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 10:38pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cowbuoy:

So sorry, but I think I'm underwhelmed Bruv... cry
Seriously? So no advice?
Re: About To Leave Home by Cowbuoy: 10:41pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:
Seriously? So no advice?

OK, lemme ask you this then... Deep deep deep down in your heart, what do you think you wanna do?? cool

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cowbuoy:

OK, lemme ask you this then... Deep deep deep down in your heart, what do you think you wanna do?? cool
I want my space
Re: About To Leave Home by Jamariwolff(f): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cowbuoy:
cry
Oh darling why dat face?
You stay with daddy too and eat 'mummy thank you'?

Oya where are those romance section broke small boys that still live with their parents, show your faces.

Let me know mentions I'll start ignoring from today. Iranu

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by dingbang(m): 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2018
I was just your age when I began my masters at Uniport.. Dad first gave me money for rent for a year, I never asked for money for feeding. I relocated and started doing things on my own..

And now... I fvcking pay my rent and even assist friends who are in need..

Its all about ur determination to leave the house. Don't listen to what your parents would say.. Yes they want u to stay back with them. But that's not who you want to be. Leave your comfort zone and go to a place where no one knows you and then grow from there.

3 Likes

Re: About To Leave Home by Cowbuoy: 10:47pm On Feb 08, 2018
Jamariwolff:
[s] Oh darling why dat face?

Oya where are those romance section broke small boys that still live with their parents, show your faces.

Let me know mentions I'll start ignoring from today. Iranu [/s]

3 Likes

Re: About To Leave Home by Cowbuoy: 10:49pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:
I want my space

Which means you're gonna hurt Mummy's feelings afterwards, innit??

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cowbuoy:

Which means you're gonna hurt Mummy's feelings afterwards, innit??
Lol. Yeah
Re: About To Leave Home by Cowbuoy: 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:
Lol. Yeah

Well in that case, since you wanna leave so badly... You should try and sit Mom down and make her understand the reason(s) why you wanna leave so badly and especially how it's good for your own sake and of course hers too... In short, try and convince with the merits in you looking for greener pastures (just like this my typing color grin) only and abeg do not walk away on her without getting her consent and maybe some blessings too... My 2½ cents!! cool

And I hope you won't disappoint 'em and be a prodigal son few years later, shey?? Just kidding!! grin

3 Likes

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 08, 2018
Cowbuoy:

Well in that case, since you wanna leave so badly... You should try and sit Mom down and make her understand the reason(s) why you wanna leave so badly and especially how it's good for your own sake and of course hers too... In short, try and convince with the merits in you looking for greener pastures (just like this my typing color grin) only and abeg do not walk away on her without getting her consent and maybe some blessings too... My 2½ cents!! cool

And I hope you won't disappoint 'em and be a prodigal son few years later, shey?? Just kidding!! grin
I'm never prodigal. But thanks! grin
Re: About To Leave Home by Cowbuoy: 11:29pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:

Lol... You're welcome, Bruv... grin

cc: lalasticlala... A brother needs some advice..!!

2 Likes

Re: About To Leave Home by ashjay001(m): 11:59pm On Feb 08, 2018
MasterRahl:

In d natural scheme of things, u shud av left home!

But, e be like say, u self like drama, just like ur dad. U better man up n move out n on with ur life!

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 09, 2018
ashjay001:

In d natural scheme of things, u shud av left home!

But, e be like say, u self like drama, just like ur dad. U better man up n move out n on with ur life!
Lol. Drama ke? Thanks bro.
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 12:12am On Feb 09, 2018
dingbang:
I was just your age when I began my masters at Uniport.. Dad first gave me money for rent for a year, I never asked for money for feeding. I relocated and started doing things on my own..

And now... I fvcking pay my rent and even assist friends who are in need..

Its all about ur determination to leave the house. Don't listen to what your parents would say.. Yes they want u to stay back with them. But that's not who you want to be. Leave your comfort zone and go to a place where no one knows you and then grow from there.
Thanks. I appreciate this.
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 09, 2018
Jamariwolff:
Oh darling why dat face?

grin
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 09, 2018
Jamariwolff:
Oh darling why dat face?

and people decided to pick on airforce1....

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 09, 2018
brosci:

and people decided to pick on airforce1....
grin
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
Responses?
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 09, 2018
MasterRahl:

Dude at 24 you are old enough to live on your own

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
efesodje:

Dude at 24 you are old enough to live on your own
Thanks. Just paid the rent
Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2018
Well how on earth will frown at ur father

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2018
MasterRahl:
Thanks. Just paid the rent

Cool wink

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2018
No be to leave house be the koko o. Discuss with your mom and never leave your dad out of the discussion. He could be feeling guilty as a result of the night's event with your mom. You don't want to be at loggerheads with your parents

1 Like

Re: About To Leave Home by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
efesodje:

Cool wink
grin
Na to break the news remain

(1) (2) (Reply)

Let Do This Together / Intending Couples: 5 Medical Tests You Should Do Before You Get Married / Ladies Please Stop With The Half Naked Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.