Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,181 members, 7,807,580 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water (16807 Views)

CACOVID Orders 400,000 Test-Kits, Plans To Feed 1.7m Households / Nigerian Lady Lists The Dangerous Substances Consume By Youths / 90% Nigerian Households Consume Dirty Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 09, 2018
May God help us all!
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Boyooosa(m): 6:44am On Feb 09, 2018
Which one be data media again, we sha always like to sound creative and trendy... i-media sef still make sense pass. Why, dem no dey call newspaper money media, no be money dem dey take dey buy paper? Abi make dem dey call dstv subscription media... Nigerians sef. B4 u know now, e don join trending list.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by vioment: 6:50am On Feb 09, 2018
I am yet to find any sector that requires advanced thinking where Nigeria is good at. We don't have water softeners or any type of water treatment facility that is credible. Oh i forgot that requires meaningful and continuous electricity which we lack. The black race is truly a disappointment in 95% of human advancement.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by nwoke37: 6:59am On Feb 09, 2018
It’s pretty sad that the majority of Nigerians, including the middle class, rely on boreholes for water. Where as in other countries the majority rely on clean water flowing through pipes in homes. This shows the failure of the government in providing basic services. Nigeria is supposedly the Giant of Africa, has the largest economy in Africa, and a top 10 producer of oil in the world, yet cannot invest in very basic infrastructure for its citizenry.

Nigeria needs a revolution!!! Citizens of Nigeria, your government is not poor. Demand for what’s yours as a citizen!![color=#990000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Nobody: 7:00am On Feb 09, 2018
True likrly
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Bullhari007(m): 7:02am On Feb 09, 2018
lie lie lie... borehole is very safe, do you knw in my area before you drill you must get approvers from water control board , and you must drill not less than 400ft beneath, so how can feces get to the water do you know underneath sea sand served as a filters, the water filtered thousands of times before it came up through the pipes beneath, rubbish estimate from rubbish shithole, rate of people drinking contaminated water in the WESTERN PART OF NIGERIA is on the high side, because most houses in Yoruba land don't have modern toilet facilities, they defecate in the open , as for north they drink from well or nearby stream as for south south they drink waterborne from the waste released by oil companies only few has access to potable water due to presence of oil companies and big companies that dug good tap water for the host communities , as its stands now east has the best water system in Nigeria, 90% of new building in East has private borehole

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Nobody: 7:11am On Feb 09, 2018
Yet we have water board in virtually all 36 states that eve collect fee from these households for the maintenance of the water they get themselves
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by FarahAideed: 7:19am On Feb 09, 2018
OLASUNKONMI:
YES PUBLIC WATET PIPING THROUG GUTTER.

VERY REAL IN LARGO'S AND ABUJA.

Where did you see public water piping working in Lagos .. all lagosians drink unsafe Bore hole water and that's a fact
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by ikorodureporta: 7:24am On Feb 09, 2018
Me i dey boil my water drink. No purewater. None of my biz
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by seankay(m): 7:33am On Feb 09, 2018
Groundwater movement shii. If dem sick, dem go blame villagers but dem no know say dem dey consume fecal coli
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by lagosrd: 7:34am On Feb 09, 2018
OLASUNKONMI:
YES PUBLIC WATET PIPING THROUG GUTTER.

VERY REAL IN LARGO'S AND ABUJA.
what of indiscriminate digging of septic tanks and soakaway pit beside boreholes and wells.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by KanwuliaExtra: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2018
I knew it! cry
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by RealGucci: 8:45am On Feb 09, 2018
thank God i drink pure water
tho at times i cook with well water
but fuc
God help us.

if this is the hell fire they have been talking about
then we already in it.
Nigeria is Hell fire.
im tires of saying naija for life
i must travel abroad
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Liftedhands(f): 8:46am On Feb 09, 2018
kingsol1759:
my question, how does the water get contaminated with faeces ? tell us how and give us solutions not try to sell you market..
Septic tanks, wells and boreholes are usually dug close to each other in Nigeria! Which makes the shit water sip into the borehole.

Due to lack of space or ignorance most house owners don't follow the guideline giving in spacing and designing of boreholes to avoid such leaks and contamination.

Its sad

1 Like

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Yankee101: 9:15am On Feb 09, 2018
That's why malaria and typhoid are common hospital diagnosis
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by lawaldgrea: 10:13am On Feb 09, 2018
Talking about the existing six laboratories, there are no enabling laws to compel anyone to test and certify their sources of water using the facilities. Besides laboratory tests, the labs have the capability to advise on corrective measures to make water safe for drinking but are lying idle due to non patronage. Government need to look into this.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by olowobaba10: 10:17am On Feb 09, 2018
AND 90% OF NIGERIANS HAVE NOT DIED YET?
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by mechanics(m): 10:30am On Feb 09, 2018
If they are serious, they should construct the water testing laboratories in all the local government areas to make it easier for us to test the water we drink, the testing should be free, and they should make sure all local government areas have access to portable drinking water, by connecting those areas to the state water board or massive construction of electric or solar bore bole not manual bore hole that will sap one's strength.
Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by romeorailss: 11:41am On Feb 09, 2018
Jbleenk:
No wonder since I've been back to this country I've just been getting fat thinking I'm living large not knowing say na shiit I dey eat. I don die.

grin : cheesy grin

Give this man a bottle of ogogoro cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water by Nobody: 11:05am On May 31, 2018
We are pathetic indeed!
Our inability to think and advance ourselves is a disgrace.

vioment:
I am yet to find any sector that requires advanced thinking where Nigeria is good at. We don't have water softeners or any type of water treatment facility that is credible. Oh i forgot that requires meaningful and continuous electricity which we lack. The black race is truly a disappointment in 95% of human advancement.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reps Consider Making Nurses, Pharmacists, Others To Head Hospitals / Lady Angry With Hospital For Telling Her To Wait Till Morning Devotion Is Over / Chineto Ozigbo Speaks On COVID19. Supports Anambra With N20 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.