Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities (18583 Views)

Zamfara Bandits Kill 31 In Fresh Attacks, Steal Food / Bandits Kill 25 In Sokoto In Fresh Attacks [PHOTOS] / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 25 In Plateau, 11 Houses Razed In Fresh Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by mcvities(m): 11:23am On Feb 09, 2018
Armed persons on Thursday night attacked villages around Anyiin, a major town in Logo Local Government Area, LGA, that serves as a base for special forces and has one of the biggest IDP camps.

Residents in Anyiin reported heavy gunshots from attacks in nearby villages Thursday night.

At least five persons were in critical condition from gunshot wounds in the attacks by suspected herdsmen, according to residents accounts to PREMIUM TIMES.
Four residents informed PREMIUM TIMES in separate exchanges that residents in Anyiin are panicked and are on the run.

Residents said Nigerian soldiers who were alerted about the attacks brought five villagers who were critically wounded to the hospital in Anyiin.

“They’re at NKST Hospital now in Anyiin,” Terkura Suswam, a politician and founder of Ashi Polytechnic in Anyiin, told PREMIUM TIMES by telephone.

One of the villages is Tsukwa, which was amongst those attacked on January 1. The village recorded up to 10 casualties in that attack, according to residents who spoke with PREMIUM TIMES two weeks ago.

Tsukwa is about a mile from Anyiin, which has a police special forces unit and one of the biggest camps for the internally displaced persons in Benue State.

The commander of the special forces, Ibrahim Ignatius, told PREMIUM TIMES he was not aware of the attack because he is in Makurdi, the state capital.

The Divisional Police Officer of Anyiin Division, Celestine Utim, told PREMIUM TIMES he is trying to find out what is going on.

Another Anyiin resident who confirmed the attack to PREMIUM TIMES was Alijah Auna, the secretary of the IDP camp there.

“Yes, they’ve been attacking villages around Anyiin this night,” Mr. Auna said. “Many people at the camp here have started running away.”

“But I am still at the camp,” he added.
It was not immediately clear the number of villages that were attacked Thursday night.

Witnesses said the attackers had fled before soldiers arrived at some of the villages.

Scores of villagers were killed in the January 1 attacks in Logo LGA. Survivors have remained largely at various IDP camps in the local government because their villages are still not safe for their return, despite the police’s assertions that the areas had been secured.

When PREMIUM TIMES visited Logo LGA last month, Tsukwa, where at least two persons were reportedly short tonight, was the only village that was accessible out of the seven that were attacked on January 1.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/258055-fresh-attacks-reported-benue-communities.html
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2018
I hope the National Bureau of Statistics is updating the "maimed" and the "murdered" data by tribe. We will need their consolidated records when the time is right ... cool cool

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Vendoor(f): 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
So sad.... for my country.
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Cyynthialove(f): 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
Who doesn't know that deployments of soldiers to Benue was nothing but a way to disarm Benue people who have decided to protect themselves from Fulani terrorists and also to help Fulani terrorist to continue to unleash terror on innocent poor Christians in those areas ?
This is what I said that day soldiers were sent to Benue, but some iddiotic bastsrds were busy on my mention vomiting rubbish all in a bid to defend this satanic/ isllamic government led by Buhari.

If not for the reason I gave above, why are Nig soldiers not protecting the citizens as they made us to believe ?
Why is Buhari so reluctant in declaring Fulani herdsmen terrorist group in Nigeria ? Mind you.. this group is the fourth deadliest terrorist group globally, but Buhari has refused to follow the global trend by not declaring these monsters terrorist.

Buhari should know that everybody must not be a Muslim, so hiding under herdsmen to reduce the population of Christians so that he can be able to unveil his evil plan is dead on arrival.
This islimization agenda that is in progress must surely crumble along the line.

Buhari is a Muslim
Buhari is a terrorist
Buhari stop killing Christians

STOP KILLING CHRISTIANS !

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by EternalTruths: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hope lalasticlala has moved this news to front page.?
Tivs, join the Igbos now that you guys still have numbers in existence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by trapQ: 12:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
Shithole.

God bless Donald Trump for stating the obvious.

21 Likes

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by baralatie(m): 12:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
people think I am doing nothing while Benue is on fire,I am seriously thinking of solution to the problems. _buhari

5 Likes

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by colli247(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
I hope the National Bureau of Statistics is updating the "maimed" and the "murdered" data by tribe. We will need their consolidated records when the time is right ... cool cool
how do u no because they will use tribe to politicize it
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by scarletkinq(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
grin grin
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by fixedhollies(m): 1:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
Alas! There was a country! Forcefully married. Things have fallen apart, the centre can no longer hold.

A house set against itself cannot stand... woe to blood suckers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Nobody: 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2018
Cyynthialove:
Who doesn't know that deployments of soldiers to Benue was nothing but a way to disarm Benue people who have decided to protect themselves from Fulani terrorists and also to help Fulani terrorist to continue to unleash terror on innocent poor Christians in those areas ?
This is what I said that day soldiers were sent to Benue, but some iddiotic bastsrds were busy on my mention vomiting rubbish all in a bid to defend this satanic/ isllamic government led by Buhari.

If not for the reason I gave above, why are Nig soldiers not protecting the citizens as they made us to believe ?
Why is Buhari so reluctant in declaring Fulani herdsmen terrorist group in Nigeria ? Mind you.. this group is the fourth deadliest terrorist group globally, but Buhari has refused to follow the global trend by not declaring these monsters terrorist.

Buhari should know that everybody must not be a Muslim, so hiding under herdsmen to reduce the population of Christians so that he can be able to unveil his evil plan is dead on arrival.
This islimization agenda that is in progress must surely crumble along the line.

Buhari is a Muslim
Buhari is a terrorist

so when scores were killed by the same herdsmen during GEJs regime, was it also Buharis handiwork?

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
GOD help us!
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by candidbabe(f): 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
May God continue to protect his children
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by spafu(m): 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Oj
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by skies(m): 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
I thought the IGP has moved to Benue as directed by the President. He should be replaced already!

4 Likes

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by EllySteve: 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
May the souls of the faithful departed Rest In Peace. Amen
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by spafu(m): 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
silastemplar:
so when scores were killed by the same herdsmen during GEJs regime, was it also Buharis handiwork?
Will you keep that fucking finger of yours from typing rubbish? The same your was in the forefront in blaming GEJ for all the killings during his reign and now you want us to praise the useless man of Daura.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Cyynthialove(f): 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
silastemplar:
Go and read Buhari's statement about sharia.
I won't educate you.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Emmy3(m): 1:59pm On Feb 09, 2018
I went to an interview today and was asked few simple questions but I'm finding it difficult to answer....
1. Living in Nigeria or living in Syria, which is safer?
2. The life of humans and that of cows, which holds more value to the Nigerian populace?
3. What are Fulani herdsmen known for?

Nairalanders, please help a brother in need.
View the topic below for more info.
https://www.nairaland.com/4331505/urgent-need-personal-business-loan

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 09, 2018
spafu:

Will you keep that fucking finger of yours from typing rubbish?
all these simpletons around here, you cant answer a simple question but quick to use swear words.
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by elampiro(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2018
Cyynthialove:

Buhari is a Muslim
Buhari is a terrorist

Soldiers are yet to be deployed. Deployment will start next week- March 15th

1 Like

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 09, 2018
Cyynthialove:

I won't educate you.
dont worry about the education, just answer the question if you can
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 09, 2018
silastemplar:
Are you this daft
Try and get common sense.
After all, it should be common.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by oshe11: 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
FUNKEshocked
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Ikegagwuha: 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
If this government is serious they would have ordered Fulani Herdsmen to withdraw completely from Benue state and other states where they are not allowed to graze. How long would these nonsense continue ? No wonder this country is referred as shithole

3 Likes

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
IamZod:

Are you this daft
Try and get common sense.
After all, it should be common.
*yawns* yet another simpleton. meanwhile none of em is yet to come up with an answer to the question
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Feraz(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
EternalTruths:
Hope lalasticlala has moved this news to front page.?

Tivs, join the Igbos now that you guys still have numbers in existence.
Guy, please, stop this whole thing of attaching and asking the Tivs to join Igbos. Stop making us look like beggars. angry

I do not like many of their responses to us during the IPOB and Army saga but please, don't bring this in every thread.
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by tesppidd: 2:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
mcvities:
Armed persons on Thursday night attacked villages around Anyiin, a major town in Logo Local Government Area, LGA, that serves as a base for special forces and has one of the biggest IDP camps.

Residents in Anyiin reported heavy gunshots from attacks in nearby villages Thursday night.

At least five persons were in critical condition from gunshot wounds in the attacks by suspected herdsmen, according to residents accounts to PREMIUM TIMES.
Four residents informed PREMIUM TIMES in separate exchanges that residents in Anyiin are panicked and are on the run.

Residents said Nigerian soldiers who were alerted about the attacks brought five villagers who were critically wounded to the hospital in Anyiin.

“They’re at NKST Hospital now in Anyiin,” Terkura Suswam, a politician and founder of Ashi Polytechnic in Anyiin, told PREMIUM TIMES by telephone.

One of the villages is Tsukwa, which was amongst those attacked on January 1. The village recorded up to 10 casualties in that attack, according to residents who spoke with PREMIUM TIMES two weeks ago.

Tsukwa is about a mile from Anyiin, which has a police special forces unit and one of the biggest camps for the internally displaced persons in Benue State.

The commander of the special forces, Ibrahim Ignatius, told PREMIUM TIMES he was not aware of the attack because he is in Makurdi, the state capital.

The Divisional Police Officer of Anyiin Division, Celestine Utim, told PREMIUM TIMES he is trying to find out what is going on.

Another Anyiin resident who confirmed the attack to PREMIUM TIMES was Alijah Auna, the secretary of the IDP camp there.

“Yes, they’ve been attacking villages around Anyiin this night,” Mr. Auna said. “Many people at the camp here have started running away.”

“But I am still at the camp,” he added.
It was not immediately clear the number of villages that were attacked Thursday night.

Witnesses said the attackers had fled before soldiers arrived at some of the villages.

Scores of villagers were killed in the January 1 attacks in Logo LGA. Survivors have remained largely at various IDP camps in the local government because their villages are still not safe for their return, despite the police’s assertions that the areas had been secured.

When PREMIUM TIMES visited Logo LGA last month, Tsukwa, where at least two persons were reportedly short tonight, was the only village that was accessible out of the seven that were attacked on January 1.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/258055-fresh-attacks-reported-benue-communities.html
suspected herdsmen!

suspected herdsmen!

it's always suspected herdsmen!

nobody ever sees the herdsmen nor their cattle.

it's always suspected herdsmen!

now am not saying categorically that herdsmen don't murder people,
but for all these incidents let us demand for sensible evidence na!

my earnest prayer to almighty God is to punish severely whoever murders a fellow human in benue whether herdsmen or not.

and to punish anybody also who mischievously spreads false information deliberately or accuses another person or group falsely out of hatred or politics.

2 Likes

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by tesppidd: 2:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
Cyynthialove:

I won't educate you.
so buhari was responsible for the herdsmen kiliings during GEJ's regime and he's also responsible for the herdsmen killings now!

wow!

silastemplar:
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Sunbellar: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
silastemplar:
Clap for yourself now Buhari is decimating Nigerians. Evil minded
Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by stefanweeks: 3:00pm On Feb 09, 2018
Even with the CAT RACE by the Army?

Re: Fresh Attacks Reported In Benue Communities by Mutuwa(m): 3:07pm On Feb 09, 2018
Cyynthialove:

Buhari is a Muslim
Buhari is a terrorist

undecided
The cheapest sense in the market is just N200/per sense, try to get one undecided
I marvel at people like you, who try to cause online sedition.Even if you apprehend your boyfriend making love to your sister, he would be a muslim having sex with a Christian abi?Please don't allow gullibility to kill you.People like you can't think deep, that is why you judge.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bandits Confirm Kidnap Of 156 Niger Pupils, Demand ₦110 Million / Peacemaker Stabbed To Death By Friend In Agege Lagos During Fight Over Money / Bandits Sell 20 Katsina Kidnap Victims To Slave Merchants In Burkina Faso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.