Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken (7900 Views)

Poor Healthcare System: APC Backs Boss Mustapha, Says Truth Must Be Told, Slams / An Uppercut From Biafran Guy To Biafrans.the Truth Must Be Told / Niger Delta Are Animals Until They Support Biafra IPOB Threatens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Ayus34(m): 8:53pm On Feb 09, 2018
ezenwajosh:

And someone from delta answers Emeka... Do u answer Emeka in YORUBA land
Someone from delta also answer Ayo!
So who bears Ayo?
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DeKen: 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 09, 2018
Odingo1:

Igala have a distinct language but some speak Igbo, it is only Igalas that is living near the Igbos territories that is bearing Igbo names and other cultures.

Eastern Nigeria have many diverse languages, you cant say Isoko, Itkekiri, Urobo,Ibibio,Efik,Ijaw, Okirika are all offshoot of Igbos. No, they are languages on their own. The north also have the highest number of diverse languages distinct on their own.

IGBO TRIBES/CLANS IN NIGER DELTA REGION
.THIS IS FOR THOSE THATS SAYS Y DO WE ALWAYS ADD NIGER DELTA.
—–
1) Egbema -Rivers state/imo
2) Ecthe Rivers state
3) Omuma – Rivers state
4) Ndoni – Rivers state and Delta
5) Ikwerre- Rivers state
6) Ekpeye — Rivers state
7) Obigbo – Rivers state
cool Aniocha – Delta state
9) Ika – Delta state
10) Agbor- Delta state 11) Oshimili – Delta state
12) Igbanke/Igboakiri- Edo state
13) Ndokwa – Delta state
14) Opobo and Bonny – Rivers state
15) Ukwuani— Delta state
16) Asaba — Delta state 17) Ogba – Rivers state
18) OGBA -rIVERS STATE
19) Osekwenike, Abuetor and Eke Okpokri villages, all
in Sagbama area of bayelsa, their are Igbo of Ukwuani stock, and as such, are of the Anioma
igbo clan of the Igbo ethnic group in -BAYELSA
20) ISOBO , even liyl imoke former CR governor and wife are igbos from ABI LGA - CROSS RIVER
21) (the Umuezekaoha people numbering over 300
villages), --- BENUE STATE
22) THE indigenouse Igbo-speaking communities in Kogi state especially in Ibaji and Igalamela/Odolu LGAs -
such as the Eke Avurugo community,such as Nwajala, Umuoye,
Ubulie-Umuez, ozara, and umuoye and many more.
23) ndoki and elele are both found in Abia and rivers state.
24) let's also remember that we have Aros in ibibio , izuogu, arochukwu ARONDIZUOGU,aro isiokpo,aro opobo,aro ibibio,aro okiruka.
In Nigeria today, Igboland is roughly made up of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and major parts of Delta and Rivers states.
Small parts of Akwa Ibom , Benue, Cross River, Edo, and Kogi State,
make up the rest of Igboland.
HERE ARE LIST OF IGBOID LANGUAGES, THE CLANS AND STATES
Arochukwu is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Abia state. Ngwa is an Igbo group, constitute the largest and most populous sub-ethnicity, in southeastern Nigeria. They are found in Abia State.
Nsukka is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Nsukka, Enugu State. Enuani is an Igbo dialect spoken in Nigeria by the Igbo people of Delta State, Onitsha, Obosi and Ogbaru in Anambra State and Ndoni in Rivers State.
Ukwuani (Anioma) is an Igboid Language. They are found majorly in the Northern part of Delta State and in
some parts of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni local government area of Rivers State, Nigeria. Ukwuani is the second largest ethnic nationality in Delta state after the Urhobo people. It is also the largest in Delta North region which is referred to as the Anioma...
Ozara is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Nkanu west in Enugu state...
Ogba (also Oba) is an Igbo dialect of the Ogba people of Rivers State, Nigeria.
Umuezeohaka is an Igbo dialect/group of people in Ado, Oju, Obi and Okpoku LGAs of Benue state.
Ekpeye is an Igboid language of Rivers State, Nigeria. Mgbo language, Mgbolizhia, is an Igbo language spoken in Ebonyi state in Nigeria. Ikwerre, is an Igboid language spoken primarily by the Ikwerre people who inhabit Rivers State, Nigeria. Ezaa is an Igbo language spoken in Ebonyi state in Nigeria. It forms a dialect cluster with closely related Izii, Ikwo , and Mgbo , though they are only marginally mutually intelligible.
Ikwo is an Igbo language spoken in Ebonyi state in Nigeria.
Ohuhu is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Umuahia, Abia state... Owerre is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Owerri, Imo state... Agbor is an Igboid dialect with bini influence spoken by the people of Ika south, Delta state.. Ibeku is an Igbo dialect spoken by some people of Owerri and Umuahia in Imo and Abia respectively....
Isuama is an Igbo dialect spoken in by the emacipated slaves from Igbo Origin in Sierra Leone...
Afikpo is an Igbo dialect spoken by some group of people in Ebonyi state... Ohafia is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Bende in Abia State... Enugu-Ezike is an Igbo dialect spoken by the Enugu- Ezike people of Enugu state..
Izugbe is an Igbo dialect spoken generally by all Igbo groups..
Idemili is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Idemili North and south in Anambra state...
Mbaise is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Mbaise in Imo state...
At least Igbos make up 50% OR MORE of Niger Delta region, and
let it be known today for those claiming Niger Delta OR
whatsoever that, no an inch of Igboland shall be left out in the FREEDOM RESTORATION
for any reason!!!!! —
You can thank me later for this wonderful information!!
Ohaofia man call plate(usany) an Ibibio man also call it the same.
Ohaofia man call chair (okpokoro) an Ibibio man also call it the same.
An Ohaofia man also bearing the same names alike lyang,ukpabi,Eni,Ebin,okon which an Ibibio man also Bear.
In ohaozara ebonyi state at umunuka village their is a market called lbom.
In okpoto ishielu east LGA of ebonyi state there also a village called Labassa lbom.
So an Ibibio or Efik man is also an lgbo man
CHIBUIKE AMAECHI,WIKE,PAT UTOMI, OKONJI IWELA,COR ACHUZIE, TONTO DIKE , IFEANYI OKOWA, HAS SAID IT IN AN OPEN VIDEO INTERVIEW THAT THE ARE IGBOS .
BUT ALSO REMEMBER THAT VICE PRESIDENT OF OHANEZE NDI IGBO GENERAL IS FROM IKWERE RIVER'S STATE AND SECRETARY IS FROM ANIOMA DELTA STATE.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 9:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
DeKen:

Ezenwa Josh, which part of Akwa Ibom bears such name? Or is that a pseudo name?

I'm from Akwa Ibom. I don't hate the Igbos. But if there will be a disintegration of Nigeria, I won't want to be part of Biafra. Meanwhile I don't understand the reason some Igbos want to have other tribes with them in Biafra. I think they would get better support from other south south states/tribes if they don't try to rope others in to their envisioned Biafra. If we disintegrate, I'd rather see us as part of another nation, not Biafra.

IF YOU CAN READ THIS IT WILL HELP

—–
2) Ecthe Rivers state
3) Omuma – Rivers state
5) Ikwerre- Rivers state
6) Ekpeye — Rivers state
7) Obigbo – Rivers state
cool Aniocha – Delta state
9) Ika – Delta state
13) Ndokwa – Delta state
15) Ukwuani— Delta state
18) OGBA -rIVERS STATE
in Sagbama area of bayelsa, their are Igbo of Ukwuani stock, and as such, are of the Anioma
20) ISOBO , even liyl imoke former CR governor and wife are igbos from ABI LGA - CROSS RIVER
22) THE indigenouse Igbo-speaking communities in Kogi state especially in Ibaji and Igalamela/Odolu LGAs -
24) let's also remember that we have Aros in ibibio , izuogu, arochukwu ARONDIZUOGU,aro isiokpo,aro opobo,aro ibibio,aro okiruka.
In Nigeria today, Igboland is roughly made up of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo, and major parts of Delta and Rivers states.
Arochukwu is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Abia state. Ngwa is an Igbo group, constitute the largest and most populous sub-ethnicity, in southeastern Nigeria. They are found in Abia State.
Nsukka is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Nsukka, Enugu State. Enuani is an Igbo dialect spoken in Nigeria by the Igbo people of Delta State, Onitsha, Obosi and Ogbaru in Anambra State and Ndoni in Rivers State.
Ukwuani (Anioma) is an Igboid Language. They are found majorly in the Northern part of Delta State and in
some parts of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni local government area of Rivers State, Nigeria. Ukwuani is the second largest ethnic nationality in Delta state after the Urhobo people. It is also the largest in Delta North region which is referred to as the Anioma...
Umuezeohaka is an Igbo dialect/group of people in Ado, Oju, Obi and Okpoku LGAs of Benue state.
Ekpeye is an Igboid language of Rivers State, Nigeria. Mgbo language, Mgbolizhia, is an Igbo language spoken in Ebonyi state in Nigeria. Ikwerre, is an Igboid language spoken primarily by the Ikwerre people who inhabit Rivers State, Nigeria. Ezaa is an Igbo language spoken in Ebonyi state in Nigeria. It forms a dialect cluster with closely related Izii, Ikwo , and Mgbo , though they are only marginally mutually intelligible.
Ohuhu is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Umuahia, Abia state... Owerre is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Owerri, Imo state... Agbor is an Igboid dialect with bini influence spoken by the people of Ika south, Delta state.. Ibeku is an Igbo dialect spoken by some people of Owerri and Umuahia in Imo and Abia respectively....
Isuama is an Igbo dialect spoken in by the emacipated slaves from Igbo Origin in Sierra Leone...
Afikpo is an Igbo dialect spoken by some group of people in Ebonyi state... Ohafia is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Bende in Abia State... Enugu-Ezike is an Igbo dialect spoken by the Enugu- Ezike people of Enugu state..
Idemili is an Igbo dialect spoken by the people of Idemili North and south in Anambra state...
whatsoever that, no an inch of Igboland shall be left out in the FREEDOM RESTORATION
for any reason!!!!! —
An Ohaofia man also bearing the same names alike lyang,ukpabi,Eni,Ebin,okon which an Ibibio man also Bear.
In okpoto ishielu east LGA of ebonyi state there also a village called Labassa lbom.
CHIBUIKE AMAECHI,WIKE,PAT UTOMI, OKONJI IWELA,COR ACHUZIE, TONTO DIKE , IFEANYI OKOWA, HAS SAID IT IN AN OPEN VIDEO INTERVIEW THAT THE ARE IGBOS .
BUT ALSO REMEMBER THAT VICE PRESIDENT OF OHANEZE NDI IGBO GENERAL IS FROM IKWERE RIVER'S STATE AND SECRETARY IS FROM ANIOMA DELTA STATE.

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DeKen: 9:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
ezenwajosh:

So because there is a small fraction of Igbo (If truly there is) in Akwa Ibom (b/c Igbo can't be in Ibibio), then the whole of Akwa Ibom should be cooped into Biafra?
Are you from one of those minority Igbo tribes you claim to be in Akwa Ibom? Cos I've never heard of an Akwa Ibom person that wants to be part of Biafra. Instead I know of many who actually dislike Igbos (I'm not one anyway). I actually share some ideologies with some Igbos pertaining to the Nigerian nation but it will be a nightmare to wake up to be part of Biafra.

ezenwajosh:

Ibibio call plate "Usan", not "Usany". Chair is called "Ifim" or "Mkpo Itie", not "Okpokoro" which actually means "Table" in Ibibio. This would confirm that you are not from Akwa Ibom, or at least not Ibibio.

While I'm aware of Akwa Ibom names like Inyang (not Iyang), Okon, Eno (not Eni), and Ukpabi sounds familiar. I've never heard of names like Ebin and Eni. There could actually be some borrowing of words and names since we are neighbours for years. I don't see how a few similar sounding words or similarly named items translates to Ibibios being Igbos.

"Perhaps the Igbos are the ones that are Ibibios". However within Akwa Ibom, there are some minority tribes with distinct languages that an Ibibibo man does not understand unless he learns and the other tribes do not understand Ibibio unless they learn it. They are proud of their identity, just like the Ibibios are proud of their identities. No one wants to change their identity for any reason and I won't want to loose my identity to be tagged Igbo. I actually feel insulted by that and I think this tendency will only earn you guys hatred. Why not leave it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2018
DeKen:

So because there is a small fraction of Igbo (If truly there is) in Akwa Ibom (b/c Igbo can't be in Ibibio), then the whole of Akwa Ibom should be cooped into Biafra?
Are you from one of those minority Igbo tribes you claim to be in Akwa Ibom? Cos I've never heard of an Akwa Ibom person that wants to be part of Biafra. Instead I know of many who actually dislike Igbos (I'm not one anyway). I actually share some ideologies with some Igbos pertaining to the Nigerian nation but it will be a nightmare to wake up to be part of Biafra.

Ibibio call plate "Usan", not "Usany". Chair is called "Ifim" or "Mkpo Itie", not "Okpokoro" which actually means "Table" in Ibibio. This would confirm that you are not from Akwa Ibom, or at least not Ibibio.

While I'm aware of Akwa Ibom names like Inyang (not Iyang), Okon, Eno (not Eni), and Ukpabi sounds familiar. I've never heard of names like Ebin and Eni. There could actually be some borrowing of words and names since we are neighbours for years. I don't see how a few similar sounding words or similarly named items translates to Ibibios being Igbos.

"Perhaps the Igbos are the ones that are Ibibios". However within Akwa Ibom, there are some minority tribes with distinct languages that an Ibibibo man does not understand unless he learns and the other tribes do not understand Ibibio unless they learn it. They are proud of their identity, just like the Ibibios are proud of their identities. No one wants to change their identity for any reason and I won't want to loose my identity to be tagged Igbo. I actually feel insulted by that and I think this tendency will only earn you guys hatred. Why not leave it.

There's a reason history was removed from Nigeria education system

And the reason actually worked

Many has started asking questions and identifying with their cousins

I won't take anything away from me if a part of Akwa Ibom choose to identify as igbos or not

JUST THAT THE TRUTH MUST BE SPOKEN

Some who spoke ill of ipob and Nnamdi kanu started seeing his reasons after what happened in BENUE

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DeKen: 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
ezenwajosh:

There's a reason history was removed from Nigeria education system

And the reason actually worked

Many has started asking questions and identifying with their cousins

I won't take anything away from me if a part of Akwa Ibom choose to identify as igbos or not

JUST THAT THE TRUTH MUST BE SPOKEN

Some who spoke ill of ipob and Nnamdi kanu started seeing his reasons after what happened in BENUE
Well your writeup has made me search online about the Aro-Ibibio people. The only thing I can find is how the Aro came to unsettle the Ibibios who were the original settlers. Also so a bit of intermarriage but those settlements are now mostly in Abia State. Now perhaps there are some Aro people in Akwa Ibom state, if they wish to join Biafra, that is fine. If they do exist, I doubt they will be up to 1%. The majority of Akwa Ibom will not like to be part of Biafra. Most old people in Akwa Ibom have only nasty experiences to share with regards to Igbo dominance during the Eastern region era.

3 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by vicktwitt: 10:52pm On Feb 09, 2018
ezenwajosh:

And yet oluwa tosin....have not been a government official there

Instead you hear ifeanyi okowa

Did u know the Igbo coup which u hear was planned by chukwuma nzeogwu.... That chukwuma nzeogwu is actually from delta state
YES I GET UR ARGUMENT THE IGBO SPEAKING DIALECT PEOPLE ARE INDIGENEOUS TO THE LAND WHY THE EDOID AND YOURUBOID GROUP WAS AS A RESULT OF LANGUAGE INFLUENCE NOTHING MORE THEY ARE NOT INDIGENOUS LIKE WE SPEAKING ENGLISH DOES NOT MAKE BRITISH INDIGENOUS TO THE LAND

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DerideGull(m): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
ezenwajosh:
Jabulani Akpan-do

Wrote

After the war Hausa Fulani remains (Arewa) they are the (Northerners), there is nothing like North North or North Niger, Yoruba still remains (Oduduwa) and they are the (Southwest) there is nothing like South West West or South Niger, Before the Bloody Civil war we were known as the (EAST) which was the (Bight of Biafra), there was nothing like South South or Niger Delta, After the war the Biafra Territory was divided into South East, South South and Niger Delta to create hates, tribalism, Nepotism between we and our Igbo brothers, well they succeeded in their divide an Rule Tactic which really work out for them, but today I'm here to tell you that from the beginning it wasn't so, IGBO, IBIBIO, ANNANG, IGALA, IDOMA, IGEDE, IGBANKE, IJAW, ISOKO, IROBO, ITSHEKIRI, IZON you name them, we are one people with the same Culture and Religious Beliefs, show me an IDOMA man then I will tell you the IGBO blood in him, show me an IGBO man then I will tell you the IBIBIO culture in him,
We are same people with common value system,
Their divide an Rule tactic is over, I know my Origin, Biafra is our identity,
I'm from Akwa Ibom state and I stand with Biafra

—–
2) Ecthe - Rivers state
3) Omuma – Rivers state
5) Ikwerre- Rivers state
6) Ekpeye — Rivers state
7) Obigbo – Rivers state
8 Aniocha – Delta state
9) Ika – Delta state
13) Ndokwa – Delta state
15) Ukwuani— Delta state
18) OGBA -rIVERS STATE

for any reason!!!!! —

Good job in your studious endeavor to trace Igbo land. I suggest you keep it up and reiterate the facts whenever some goons are in doubt. In fact, large section of Ika L.G.A in Akwa Ibom is native to Igbo. The same could be said about Obubara L.G.A. in Cross River State. Under 23 above, I guess you meant Ndoki and Eleme. Elele is Ikwweere. However, some goons think that Eleme is Ogoni. Eleme is not Ogoni.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by EternalTruths: 11:05pm On Feb 09, 2018
DeKen:

Well your writeup has made me search online about the Aro-Ibibio people. The only thing I can find is how the Aro came to unsettle the Ibibios who were the original settlers. Also so a bit of intermarriage but those settlements are now mostly in Abia State. Now perhaps there are some Aro people in Akwa Ibom state, if they wish to join Biafra, that is fine. If they do exist, I doubt they will be up to 1%. The majority of Akwa Ibom will not like to be part of Biafra. Most old people in Akwa Ibom have only nasty experiences to share with regards to Igbo dominance during the Eastern region era.

Who is feeding you with horse poo.?

You think all of us are mumus you can lie easily to.?

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by fellowman: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
khadaffi:

Pls what do you mean by the bolded? Is anyone trying to add Delta state to the western state? When you read the history of Nigeria you will see that both Edo and Delta were with Western Region. These are facts not arguments.

Delta is an eastern state located in the west.

if you understand what I mean.

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 12:13am On Feb 10, 2018
EternalTruths:

Who is feeding you with horse poo.?

You think all of us are mumus you can lie easily to.?
bros he speak the truth
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by vladimiros: 5:38am On Feb 10, 2018
I am an Ibibio man from Akwa Ibom

Ibibio is not close to Igbo in any way, we don't even eat Igbo food..

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 6:23am On Feb 10, 2018
Delta state was never part of your East.
Delta state was part of Bendel.
Don't be lazy, do research before you writing.

ezenwajosh:
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by khadaffi(m): 6:25am On Feb 10, 2018
fellowman:

Maybe you are trying to communicate something important but I don't get you, I'm sorry. Is Delta state currently an eastern state? Was Delta state at any point in history an eastern state? Or are you calling it an eastern state because some areas speak languages similar to the eastern states? Your above comment looks like beer pallor gist.

2 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 6:42am On Feb 10, 2018
Delta state was part of the Benin Kingdom.
These guys who keep drawing biafra or oduduwa maps lack accurate information.
That is why their projects always fail.
You guys should rather ask people if they want to join your biafra or oduduwa rather than acting as if they were a conquered people which they are not.
The so called "major tribes" should stop believing that they can take over from the british and colonize the rest.
Else we are headed to the worse kind of civil war.

khadaffi:

Maybe you are trying to communicate something important but I don't get you, I'm sorry. Is Delta state currently an eastern state? Was Delta state at any point in history an eastern state? Or are you calling it an eastern state because some areas speak languages similar to the eastern states? Your above comment looks like beer pallor gist.
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by EternalTruths: 7:12am On Feb 10, 2018
vladimiros:
So many cockroaches now claim Ibibio.
Wonders shall never end.

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by DocHMD: 8:01am On Feb 10, 2018
ezenwajosh:

I said yoruba or so but it's not Igbo language

Akamu is a borrowed language

With all due respect, you are talking nonsense. Igbos have been drinking Akamu for centuries. Akamu is indigenous Igbo name just like Okra was derived from Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by frankdoz24: 8:05am On Feb 10, 2018
all this afonjas should leave us alone. opobo my indigenous community in river state are Igbo. afonjas why do you want Igbo's to hate each others?

2 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by frankdoz24: 8:11am On Feb 10, 2018
vladimiros:

afonja! we ibibios are culturally linked to Igbo's. why are you pained that we akwaibomite and calabaris have understood that we are more Igbo than afonjas!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by frankdoz24: 8:13am On Feb 10, 2018
historyworld031:
Delta state was never part of your East.
Delta state was part of Bendel.
Don't be lazy, do research before you writing.

I know you will not like this but the truth remains that the last time I checked out the capital city asaba, no afonja language is spoken there,its only Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by fellowman: 8:33am On Feb 10, 2018
khadaffi:

can you compare Delta and Edo state?

Edo is more Western than Delta State, in fact you'll only understand this if you've been to Delta State.

1 Like

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Goddygee(m): 9:02am On Feb 10, 2018
Nwades:
Thanks blood for that writeup.... the fools has failed in their divide and rule tactics, we are wiser now... Akwa Ibom means "Part of My Ibo" or Igbo, Ibibo is part of Igbo language..... we are stronger together....... Forget Ijaws, Igbo and Ibibos are more related than the Ijaws and Igbo's.....
who told u all this nonsense, Akwa ibom means "Big kingdom" or "Big land" get ur facts right
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Odkosh: 9:04am On Feb 10, 2018
frankdoz24:
afonja! we ibibios are culturally linked to Igbo's. why are you pained that we akwaibomite and calabaris have understood that we are more Igbo than afonjas!
You can't be afonja and never will you. That has gone. Get over it.
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Goddygee(m): 9:10am On Feb 10, 2018
Why can't u guys leave Akwa ibom state alone, it can never be part of biafra
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 9:17am On Feb 10, 2018
DerideGull:

Good job in your studious endeavor to trace Igbo land. I suggest you keep it up and reiterate the facts whenever some goons are in doubt. In fact, large section of Ika L.G.A in Akwa Ibom is native to Igbo. The same could be said about Obubara L.G.A. in Cross River State. Under 23 above, I guess you meant Ndoki and Eleme. Elele is Ikwweere. However, some goons think that Eleme is Ogoni. Eleme is not Ogoni.

They don't know
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 10, 2018
Gourdoinc:
radio without battery. tales by moonlight. an ikwerre man Abi. Na by force he must be igbo. even if he tells you on the mountain top he isn't. by your standard he must be igbo. and of course I must be afonja.

How can I even argue with someone who didn't notice ikwere is an Igbo word grin

2 Likes

Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Sanchez01: 9:26am On Feb 10, 2018
These people have started again.
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Sanchez01: 9:27am On Feb 10, 2018
Goddygee:
Why can't u guys leave Akwa ibom state alone, it can never be part of biafra
They want oil. Isn't it obvious?
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Sanchez01: 9:29am On Feb 10, 2018
frankdoz24:
I know you will not like this but the truth remains that the last time I checked out the capital city asaba, no afonja language is spoken there,its only Igbo.
I hope you know there is a reason Asaba was made the state capital?
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Sanchez01: 9:30am On Feb 10, 2018
DocHMD:

With all due respect, you are talking nonsense. Igbos have been drinking Akamu for centuries. Akamu is indigenous Igbo name just like Okra was derived from Igbo.
Okra is an English name.
Re: South South, South East, Niger delta are the same the truth must be spoken by Sanchez01: 9:32am On Feb 10, 2018
fellowman:

What grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US Secretary Of State, Rex Tillerson To Visit Nigeria March 6 / Obasanjo Kneels To Greet The Next Governor Of Lagos State / 4 Osun NNPP NASS Candidates Dump Kwankwaso, Back Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.