Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,326 members, 7,808,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

Christains share your testimony here. Any. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christains share your testimony here. Any. (1408 Views)

Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Testimony Of A Former Devil Worshiper - Nonkoliso Ngeleka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christains share your testimony here. Any. by buluti(m): 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2007
Christanity is not a story to you, you have a personal relationship with God. God has been good to you. Please share it, tell it here from your salvation experience to when you received the Holy spirit, to your everyday experiences. Please tell it all, of how you gist with the Holy Spirit, how he guides you. God blessed you with a job, saved you from an accident, gave you specific directions on things to do. Share it.

Your faith is not based on near death experiences or others experiences. You call Jesus God and that he died for your sins on the third day he rose from the dead and is seated at the right hand of God the father. You believe in your heart and confess with your mouth these things. Please share it, Jesus is not a prophet to you, how do you know? Please share your testimonies here.

For those that want to play and may decide to share all sorts or turn it to an arguement its left to you but the intention of this thread is for christain to share their testimonies. Simple and straightforward.
Re: Christains share your testimony here. Any. by buluti(m): 11:48pm On Mar 05, 2007
How i received the Holy spirit evidenced by the gift of speaking in tongues. My Experience.

I recall that the first occasion I was prayed with to receive the Holy Spirit was when I first responded to an alter call I really knew nothing about being a Christian. I didn’t speak in tongues on that occasion (first time), some did others didn't but most importantly I didn’t. I didn’t for a while after that, come to think of it I was always in and out of fellowship with God.

A while later after the first alter call I started asking questions, why haven’t I received the Holy Spirit? Am I not born again? Some Christians gave me reasons others could not, but hey it was my life and I was going to take it serious. I studied, looked for tapes, I really wanted to know the entire hullabaloo about this tongue issue, and I prayed earnestly to receive the gift not because of people but because I wanted anytin that would lead me closer to God. I always looked forward to the occasion in church and several times when it came I still wasn’t speakin nothing, but at least I was growing I knew there was nothing wrong with me, it went on for a while and still nothing no speaking in tongues for me.

After a while I relaxed I just went ahead with my christainity (still not serious, up and down), I joined an activity group and nobody pressured me or made me feel less spiritual rather I was encourages and I knew my leader was praying for me.

Time went on and I had to go to school so I left my local church, when in school I joined a fellowship and joined the intercession group (now I was getting serious with my christanity), I learnt so much about christanity in school boy I could believe God for almost anything, my faith was rising so much, it was during one of our night vigils (you know as students there's so much time on our hands we used to have vigils as we liked) that I came into the knowing and experiencing of this gift and many more.

During the prayers the leader just randomly said if you don't speak in tongues this is an opportunity for you to receive the gift but after all the hassle I had being through I went on praying in my understanding I just couldn’t be bothered but he stated it again that this is an opportunity and started speaking in tongues himself other members joined, I continued speaking my English but then something was different there was a leading in me to stop speaking english but what would I speak I asked myself??.

I spoke my English on, again it was like I was hearing a voice telling me to stop speaking English but still I refused. Then my leader came towards me and told me not to resist I should follow the leading of the holy spirit and speak what comes out, (I wasn’t going to be part of the blabbing so I really had to be sure) as if he knew my doubts he told me God was my father and wanted me to have this gift so I should speak and be bold then somehow I believed him faith rose in me and I stopped speaking english, at first nothing happened, but now I knew something was different I opened my mouth and started speaking I immediately stopped, !! wats happening here , !!but hey it was too late I couldn’t hold it back I had never felt the presence of God but this day I did, some members were screaming others were laughing and so on, wats all this about!!!, then manifestations a member raised her voice and then started speaking in tongues after a while she went quiet and some one else came and interpreted was she said. The second miracle to me (the first was i was already speaking in tongues), issues that had being disturbing me like I discussed my fears with them before coming, other messages for others I had a friend whose mum was sick and the sister interpreting who was in final year and didn’t know us gave a message on my friends mum and similar thins, instruction on what to do plenty things sha, I can't recollect now but it went on for a while. As we received messages for ourselves, we also received for the group, for our fellowship, i was actually in intercessions definately.

After the manifestation of the gift of speaking and interpretation of tongues , our meeting continued I was speakin boldly now but then I realised something in my heart I knew what to pray about, issues I needed to pray about for friends that had academic issues, some areas of my own studies, family members I would not ordinary remember and I was praying in tongues and in my understanding it was on and on, I was praying and remembering scriptures as I prayed it was an experience I really can't forget.

Post night vigil doubts came to my heart that it wont continue it was because of the members around me and all sort of lies the devil still didn’t give up, but hey when I was in my room and opened my mouth to pray english wasn’t doing it for me anymore, I must discover this my new gift to its fullest and I switched and no struggle I was praying in tongues smoothly when I prayed in english there was a difference now I knew my prayers had changed I knew things to pray about, things I never thot of before I started praying came to my mind in short things were different now.

That’s my experience so to me Christianity is not a story, it just can't be. HOW??. Jesus is alive, what I do observe from people stories on the issue of speaking in tongues is that if you pencil in your heart its not for me as in you don't seek to receive the gift, praying studying and expecting you might not receive, I used the word might beocs it doesn’t always work this way. In my walk with God I have come to learn a lot. God is God, he is the almighty.
Re: Christains share your testimony here. Any. by abdkabir(m): 12:30am On Mar 06, 2007
Nice Idea Ma Sis.
Re: Christains share your testimony here. Any. by syrup(f): 12:41am On Mar 06, 2007
abdkabir:

Nice Idea Ma Sis.

Lol. . . I thought buluti was male?? cheesy Nevermind: I've been referred to as a "him"!
Re: Christains share your testimony here. Any. by abdkabir(m): 12:54am On Mar 06, 2007
Wow, i didnt notice that. embarassed embarassed embarassed U know, u might not believe this but i was having doubts about putting the "ma sis" part in the response.

Well Nice one ma Bro.
Re: Christains share your testimony here. Any. by naijacutee(f): 1:03am On Mar 06, 2007
I'm breathing! I'm alive . . . . again!!!

(1) (Reply)

Oh! Why Destroy Your Life And Destiny? / Pastor Kumuyi Splashes Over N500 Million On Car Park / Is There Anybody Or Pastor Like Tb Joshua?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.