Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant - Culture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (53370 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over, Leader Of Afonja Descendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2018
peterphd:

Are you tiv from benue? Could you suggest some historic resources for perusal?

No, I am from Plateau.
Hmmm, not at the moment. Google is always your friend, you can search whatever topic you are interested in about history. That was the way I stumbled upon a lot of the rescources which helped to enlighten me.

I have lost my list of historical archived e-documents and bookmarks.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 9:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
JikanBaura:

The reason why hausa people are estimated to be 70 Million people are your kind whom have lost their culture and language infavor of Hausa. You are not Hausa you are just a fraud who has no history or culture and tribe tO call his so. This serves as consequences that we will forever faced for accommodating and having other tribes embrace our language. Every piece of shit will be wanting to claim our tribe just because he/she speaks our language.

Hausawa we knows ourselves , hide your true identity behind screen lieying to be hausa, foolish you don't know you are disgracing yourself. The rubbish you type exposed you , No hausa will read what you wrote and be convinced you are Hausa.

You are cristian and you are claiming to be Bamaguje bloody liar, Hausa Muslims will never call a cristian bamaguje, The Word Maguzawa refers to the Hausa pagans and them alone .Even if you a pagan or Christian you don't falls under Maguzawa but Arna. Hausa calls people arna(group) arne(m) arniya(f) to not only show he is none muslim but to also show disdain that he is not from the hausa tribe. Even a Hausa cristian should only be call a Kirista. You will have to be Hausa by tribe plus followed hausa paganism for you to be term Bamaguje.

You commenteds shows you are not Hausa. Because a bamaguje knows that nobody on this earth loves him more than his Hausa brothers, because they don't discriminate against him and will always be on his side as long as his not quelty. If maguzawa still exist today it's because Islam was never impose on them.

And unlike cristian and fraud . The maguzawa nevers sees fulani or hausa as their enemies because they are the people they grown up and live with. Heck not even a christian dakarkari tribemen will sees Hausa or fulani as his enemy because of the love and respect they between. Said you are hoping to acclaim you tribemen into light of Cristianity.

Said you still have pagans but you are hoping and working hard to see them saved so as to salvage Wat is left of tribemen. Who are your tribemen that you are hoping of rescuing and how do you intend to save them?, from what/who do you want to save them? Shameless

You are just saying rubbish.

There is no group of christians in the north, whether maguzawa, dakarkari, marghi, kataf, tangale or whatever, who sees hausa muslims as their brothers!

We used to do so in the past, but not now that our eyes have been open to the evil and satanic agenda of you Hausa-fulani muslims. Nonsense!

Also, make no mistake and don't brag rubbish here. Hausa-fulanis have and can never absorb any christian group in the north. The only group of people that Hausas have culturally absorbed are the Bauchi muslims.
There is no way any christian community or any tribe that has christian population in the north can be absorbed by Hausa. Hausa islamic culture and christian culture cannot mix! They are not mixable.

Why have Southern Kaduna people not been absorbed? Why have Zuru people not been absorbed in Kebbi & Zamfara? Why have Kurama people in Kano not been absorbed? Why have the Sayawa and other christian tribes in Bauchi south not been absorbed? These are people who share boundary with Hausa land, yet they have still maintainned their identity, culture & languages.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Dirkcoyt: 10:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nowenuse:

There is no group of christians in the north, whether maguzawa, dakarkari, marghi, kataf, tangale or whatever, who sees hausa muslims as their brothers!

We used to do so in the past, but not now that our eyes have been open to the evil and satanic agenda of you Hausa-fulani muslims. Nonsense!

Also, make no mistake and don't brag rubbish here. Hausa-fulanis have and can never absorb any christian group in the north. The only group of people that Hausas have culturally absorbed are the Bauchi muslims.
There is no way any christian community or any tribe that has christian population in the north can be absorbed by Hausa. Hausa islamic culture and christian culture cannot mix! They are not mixable.

Why have Southern Kaduna people not been absorbed? Why have Zuru people not been absorbed in Kebbi & Zamfara? Why have Kurama people in Kano not been absorbed? Why have the Sayawa and other christian tribes in Bauchi south not been absorbed? These are people who share boundary with Hausa land, yet they have still maintainned their identity, culture & languages.

I'm not from the north but served there, zuru to be precise.

Now , I repeat ! no Christian zuru(darkrakari) man loves a Muslim Hausa man, even the love between a Muslim zuru man and Christian zuru man is shaky.
A town under zuru emirate called wasagu is evenly shared between the Muslim and the Christian, the Christian are mostly found around tundunwada. this area is the only place to find the only two churches in the town namely catholic and YMCA.

The pagan zuru men are still found around , hey walk in leather short around their waist, largely uneducated with only farm labourers as work.
the zuru people are largely shortchanged in kebbi state due to their large Christian population despite having big wig military men.

Their is no love between a Muslim and Christian as far as zuru people is concerned what you see is fake friendship.
To me, zuru people are of middlebelt stock. zuru people are good people. And the Christian don't joke with their religion despite torment. I've seen a teacher denies promotion cause he's a Christian in zuru, I've seen student not given aviation slot in zuru because he's David and not Ibrahim. zuru people I love you and I pray you realize you dream.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by JikanBaura(m): 1:30am On Feb 12, 2018
Nowenuse:

Cristian culture, What culture does Christians have? Is it the British language you adopted or the western cloth, you called cristian culture. Christians never wears cloth or speaks the western language you called cristian culture. Jesus never speaks English, wear English cloth or own a church.

Whether tribes around hausa maintain their identity or don't we hausa will remind them who they are. We don't plan to absorb any tribe that's why said nobody should claim us just because they can speak our language. Like the other fraud called satellite who said he is Christian but at thesame time claim to be Hausa Maguzawa (pagan hausa) claiming two religion who is he fooling.

Him and other northern Christians like you manage to avoid Islamic religion for you perceived it as (Hausa religion) , You failed to avoid Hausa language. (You aren't a real hater)

Talking about culture and religion. Your people have for long bieng forced to dump their language, Pagansm religion in exchange for western civilization and unfortunately for you in the next
50 years from now their will be a total extinction of your tribe languages , Cultures In favor of western civilization, in years to come you will be no different from you distance cousins in America and Britain that were taken for slavery and lost everything about their culture, language.

Anyway Hausa and English had already made other northern language obsolete. I'm proud Hausa whom have keep his culture and language whereever im today and so will always brag about it cool
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by JikanBaura(m): 1:47am On Feb 12, 2018
macof:

oponu just shut up. Kwara is different from Ilorin. Emir of Ilorin is not the head of all of Kwara. There are many Obas in Kwara. And you have no say in this issue so who gives a fvck if you have a problem with that or not?

look at the nonsense angry

Obas in Kwara state are villages chiefs/heads grin compare Emir of Illorin cool They all are mire servants cheesy and Infact an emir can punished, disgrace and impeach them. cool nothing will happen.

I have a say, illorin is under SOkoto caliphate and I'm decendernt of Abdullahin Gwandu. Show some respect. angry ko Kaci
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Konquest: 12:14pm On Feb 12, 2018
Nowenuse:

Fulanis are kings over all Hausa areas (the entire northwest apart from Southern Kaduna).

They used to be kings in southern kaduna as well, until the southern kaduna christian tribes united and broke away from fulani rule, now they have their own traditional rulers.

As for the north-east, historically, the fulani army who also used hausa foot soldiers to attack and conquer Bauchi, parts of Adamawa, Yobe, Gombe and even Taraba.

So, the fulanis rule the entire north east too, except for the Kanuris of Borno and the Bachama and other tribes of Numan confederation in Adamawa. The people of Southern Gombe (who are christians) also resisted Fulani rule and have their own kings. While a particular tribe in Bauchi south also resisted fulani rule too and now have their own king.

Taraba is one north-east state where the majority are not ruled by fulani. The Jukun kingdom of Wukari was great and were never defeated by fulanis.

However, fulanis still rule a large chunk of Taraba, but they are heavily opposed and undermined there, since Taraba is a christian majority and christian ruled state.

So, fulanis rule at least 50-60% of the north-east.

In the north-central, fulanis only dominate in Niger and Kwara state (Ilorin). They rule the entire state as long as am concerned. Although many Nupes and Gwaris will argue that their emirs are not fulanis, however, all Emirs are subject to the fulani Sokoto caliphate, so it makes no difference.

Benue state has no business with fulani rule or emirate. Kogi state too, however, that can be argued, since the Maigari of Lokoja is traditionally under the Emir of Bida in Niger state. So Bida controls Lokoja (although just some part of it).

There are emirates in Nasarawa, FCT & Plateau, but they are in a minority.

So, we can say at least 25% of north-central is ruled by fulanis.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Nowenuse

Thanks for this very brilliant post... smiley

Look at the Gbagyis or Gwaris who are the indigenes
of Abuja... they are now being margnalised in their
land, and some emir has been installed. I saw them
protesting massively on AIT this year. They do not
even have representation in the Senate or the National
assembly as of 2018. Even the citizens of Washington DC
have representation in their National Assembly.

The British have already left Nigeria since 1960
but they created the disaster of indirect rule by
using the Fulani to collect taxes as part of their
global imperialistic agenda.

If British colonial rule has ended in much
of Africa, it is time for the indigenous
ethnicities of the areas in Nigeria where you
have Fulani/mixed-blood Fulani rulers over a majority
population of indigenous people like in Ilorin, Kano
[as of 2018] to end!

It was the military rule that helped to prop-up
the Fulani rulership after 1960 but it has to end this
century in all of the old Northern Nigeria Region.

The Justice Ekundayo Panel Report stated that the Yoruba
should have their Oba in Ilorin, but the military
did not implement it.

Funnily the British through the British Governor Sir Gibert Thomas Carter of Lagos also acknowledged
that Ilorin is a Yoruba town and should be merged with their
kith and kin in the West of Nigeria, but Sir George Goldie said
that Ilorin is within his area of trading influence of the Royal Niger Company. This is how
the British arbitrarilly governed Nigeria in a shambolic manner
and left people scattered.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by macof(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2018
JikanBaura:

Obas in Kwara state are villages chiefs/heads grin compare Emir of Illorin cool They all are mire servants cheesy and Infact an emir can punished, disgrace and impeach them. cool nothing will happen.

I have a say, illorin is under SOkoto caliphate and I'm decendernt of Abdullahin Gwandu. Show some respect. angry ko Kaci

You are very stupid. I dont blame your semi-educated self, its afonja i blame .
One mumu from sokoto now talking about what doesnt concern his forefathers

4 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Windflower(f): 11:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
laydoh:
u r 4rm kwara state?wia exactly
Ifelodun
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Windflower(f): 11:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
Mccollins042:
you might not be a full blooded Yoruba because as was written above yorubas from kwara have been inter-marrying with the fulanis... U might just be a hybrid grin grin
Hybrid kwaaa,definitely not possible

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Windflower(f): 11:27pm On Feb 12, 2018
Vado:

Sorry dear. It Is so annoying. I can relate.
Lol,seriously annoying. Are you from there too
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by laydoh(m): 11:33pm On Feb 12, 2018
Windflower:
Ifelodun
i tot as much,wia in ifelodun! but u dnt live dia,ryt?
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Demmzy15(m): 12:22am On Feb 13, 2018
JikanBaura:

That's not true, there are many Yoruba Obas in Kwara that are independent of the Emir. Kwara was formed in 1967, so the emir doesn't extend beyond some lands. It's similar to how the Sokoto Caliphate doesn't extend to some areas in the north.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 13, 2018
Macof, Scholes0 & Konquest,

I did not go looking for anything but while going through my FB timeline I stumbled on a muslim from Ilorin, one who appears to me like he carries weight over there and across Nigeria.

He has a lot of posts on Ilorin and he has numerous pictures of him at seminars with diginitaries such as Governors and the likes. He has a large following, mostly Yoruba of Ilorin stock who are in tandem with his posts.

I do not know if it will be right to share a link to his page here but I will post some of us his stuff here and maybe send you links by PM?

———————————-

For example:

YORUBA HAVE TOWN /VILLAGERS IN KWARA STATE······· 725
ETSU PEOPLE IN KWARA STATE······································ 28
NUPE PEOPLE IN KWARA STATE······································ 33
BARUBA PEOPLE IN KWARA STATE································· 39
KWARA STATE WAS CREATED ON 27/MAY 1967 ALONG WITH 11 OTHERS ORIGINALLY CALLED WEST CENTRAL STATE.
KWARA STATE GOVERNMENT KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT STRANGER AMONG YORUBA PEOPLE IN ILORIN CAPITAL AND KWARA STATE,THAT ALFA ALIMI WAS STRANGER A FULANI MUSLIM SCHOLAR FROM THE NORTH WHO CAME TO ILORIN TO PREACH ISLAM,AFTER YORUBA PEOPLE HAVE RELIGION LEADER IN ILORIN AFONJA BEFORE SHE CAME TO ILORIN CAPITAL. KWARA STATE IN GENERAL BELONG TO THE CHILDREN OF OODUDUWA IN WEST CENTRAL STATE.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 13, 2018

From this post, we can conclude there was a change of names of places in Ilorin to wipe traces of Yoruba ownership.

ORIGINATED NAME ILORIN. CHANGE
AGBALA ODE. GERI ALIMI
OYO BY PASS. TAIWO ROAD
MOBORIPE DELE. EMIR ROAD
ODO OKUN. SAW MIL
IDI APE AFONJA. SULU GAMBARI
ERO OMO. GARAGE OFFA
OJA AGO. ASHATA BOLANTA
AFONJA WORRIES. KWARA UNITED
THE HISTORY IS VERY IMPORTANT IN OUR LIFE BECAUSE OF THE FUTURE OUR CHILDREN IN YORUBA KINGDOM IN NIGERIA,AFTER THE YORUBA HAD ALREADY GOVERNING ILORIN CAPITAL,THE FULANI CAME FROM SOKOTO TO ILORIN AFONJA AND CHANGE THE INITIAL NAME OF OUR AREAS AND STREET AND SOME OF THE PLACES IN ILORIN HOME OF THE CHILDREN OODUDUWA IN NIGERIA.

Una go gats ignore the man typos o.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 12:55am On Feb 13, 2018
Scholes0, Macof & Konquest

KWARA STATE HAVE NINE BOUNDARY,ADJUSTMENT TO REMOVE AMBIGUITIES IN DEVOLUTION OF POWERS.
JEBBA BOUNDARY.....................YORUBA
SHARE BOUNDARY......................YORUBA
ORO AGO.........................................YORUBA
ERUKU..............................................YORUBA
ETTAN...............................................YORUBA
ERIN ILE.............................................YORUBA
EGBA/OTTE .......................................YORUBA
ASA/ALAPA.......................................YORUBA
BAKASE...............................................YORUBA
REAL LEADERS MUST BE READY TO SACRIFICE FOR THE FREEDOM OF THEIR PEOPLE IN SOCIETY,YORUBA OWNER OF THE STATE GENERAL AND ANY OTHERS TRIBES APART FOR THE CHILDREN OF OODUA IN KWARA STATE WAS STRONGER AMONG THE YORUBA PEOPLE IN KWARA STATE,I AM THE LEADER YORUBA PEOPLE IN ILORIN CAPITAL AND ILORIN WAS SOURCE OF ISLAMIC RELIGION IN YORUBA LAND IN NIGERIA,YORUBA IS THE LANGUAGE IN THE WORLD AND THAT THE LANGUAGE SPOKEN IN HEAVEN,MY FATHER OODUA STILL LOOKS FOR YOU AND MY BOOK THE HOLY YORUBA AND THE BOOK OF OODUA WANT YOU AS A SYMBOL OF PEACE TO THE WORLD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 13, 2018
This one is particularly interesting.

Konquest, Macof & Scholes0

OBA YORUBA IN KWARA STATE········ 114
EMIR FULANI PEOPLE···························· 1
ETSU PEOPLE··············································2
EMIR NUPE PEOPLE····································3
EMIR BARUBA PEOPLE························ 4
HISTORICALLY SIGNATORY BY KWARA STATE GOVERNMENT SAYING,ALFA ALIMI WAS A FULANI MUSLIM SCHOLAR FROM THE NORTH WHO CAME TO ILORIN TO PREACH ISLAM, THE CULTURE,RELIGIOUS AND ETHNIC MIX OF THE STATE IS REFLECTIVE OF THE UNIQUENESS OF ITS LOCATION AND HISTORY.
THE STATE RELIGIONS MIX IS A COMBINATION OF ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY,WHILE THE MAJOR ETHNIC GROUPS ARE THE YORUBA,NUPE AND BARUBA.
THE YORUBA ARE UNDOUBTEDLY THE MOST POPULATION OF ITS ESTIMATED 2.6 MILLIONS PEOPLE WHO ARE HIGHLY INTEGRATED,ESPECIALLY THOUGH INTER -MARRIAGE. GOD BLESS OODUA REPUBLIC AMEN.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 13, 2018
Konquest, Macof & Scholes0

YORUBA OCCUPIERS 6,019 COMPOUND IN ILORIN.
FULANI OCCUPIERS 92 COMPOUND IN ILORIN
GAMBARI OCCUPIERS 79 COMPOUND IN ILORIN
MALIAN OCCUPIERS 79. COMPOUND IN. ILORIN
THE FOUR PILLARS OF ISLAM IN. ILORIN.
WHO ARE THE CHILDREN OF OODUDUWA IN NIGERIA,KWARA ,EDO ,KOGI ,OYO ,ONDO ,LAGOS ,DELTA ,OSUN ,EKITI ,AND OGUN STATE ,WE WATCH HOPELESSLY OUR CHILDREN TOILING IN THE SUN,UNDER THE RAIN IN THE NIGHT IN THE DAY IN THE COLD, WE SPEAK FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEARTS, OODUA SELF DETERMINATION IS NOW AND THE GOLDEN ERA RECORDED BY OODUA NATION WAS BETWEEN 1953-1966 WHEN THE REGIONAL SYSTEM OF GOVERNMENT WAS PRACTICED,WE NEED TO BACK TO REGIONAL SYSTEM AND OODUDUWA REPUBLIC FROM JEBBA BRIDGE TO LAGOS STATE AND ANY TRIBES APART FOR THE CHILDREN OF OODUA IN YORUBA NATIONAL WAS STRONGER AMONG YORUBA PEOPLE IN NIGERIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Vado(m): 1:07am On Feb 13, 2018
Windflower:

Lol,seriously annoying. Are you from there too

Yes I am smiley. Morning morn.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Konquest: 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2018
Y0ruba:

I did not go looking for anything but while going through my FB timeline I stumbled on a muslim from Ilorin, one who appears to me like he carries weight over there and across Nigeria.

He has a lot of posts on Ilorin and he has numerous pictures of him at seminars with diginitaries such as Governors and the likes. He has a large following, mostly Yoruba of Ilorin stock who are in tandem with his posts.

I do not know if it will be right to share a link to his page here but I will post some of us his stuff here and maybe send you links by PM?

———————————-

For example:

^^^^^
^^^^^
@Y0ruba

Thanks for the 5 shares on this info about
Ilorin/Kwara State demographic/population distribution
and history from a first-hand source on FB. smiley

But did he indicate book "Sources or References?"

Thanks again!
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Konquest: 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2018
sasalite:

I will try my best to answer your questions

1) Not all Maguzawa are Christians, we still have pagan Hausas till tomorrow, but we are praying, working and hoping to see them saved so as to salvage what is left of our tribemen. Hausa Muslims are mostly mixed with other tribes like the Baburawa, Margi, Nupe, e.t.c. For those, the Hausa culture is the same as Islamic culture. But there are few pure Hausa muslims left who still take pride in their Hausa heritage.

2) Yes, Masihiyawa remains the mother-body for Christians of Hausa, Fulani and Kanuri extract. But if you are interested in the number for only pure Hausa Christians then 85% of Masihiyawa membership will be the figure. The Fulanis and Kanuris will cover 10% while 5% goes to other tribes who join in disguise as Hausas just for future benefits. But we know them by mere looking, its in the blood. In total, the Hausa tribe is estimated to be above 70 million all over Africa and only about 5% are non muslims publicly (There are hidden Christians among the "Muslims" out of fear of death). Hausa Christians cover about 85% of the non muslim Hausas. But this is a rough estimate based on my own personal knowledge of my people. The real figures may differ.

3) I can only tell you of local government areas in Kano state where Hausa Christians are concentrated, these includes Tudun Wada, Doguwa, Sumaila, Rogo, Takai, Rano and Bebeji (Southern Kano). There is something about North and South in this world.

4) Yes, we are indeed heavily discriminated against in our respective home states; most of our muslim tribesmen see us as the painful truth about Islam's failure to completely wipe out the Hausa culture and change our history to suit Islam. While I was in ABU Zaria, a lecturer in my department upon discovering I was a Christian told me to my face that " You are a virus in Kano state, and we will make sure the state is cured". The discrimination is worst than you think for us because they see us as a disgrace.

5) Most muslims use the name "Maguzawa" as an insult to any Hausa person who rejects Islam. Personally, am not offended by the name because YES, I REJECT ISLAM AND WILL FOREVER DO SO BECAUSE I HAVE FOUND THE TRUTH. My ancestors were right when they rejected Islam and paved the way for us to find Christ easily. This has been my family's legacy and it will not fail in my time.

And to add some information, the Maguzawas also have a name for Hausa Muslims which depicts how we view them, the name is "Nasili". It depicts a lazy, dirty, hypocrite who is a thief and has lost the honor, trustworthiness, humility, courtesy and integrity of the original Hausa man.
^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Sasalite

Thank you for this illuminating info in your response to
@Nowenuse on the original Kanawas, the Maguzawas and the
Hausa [Habe ruling dynasty]. I have read some things about the
Hausa Maguzawas before and after the pre-Fulani invasion of
Kano/North years back.

I had my secondary education in a Federal School in Kano
years back while living in Lagos, so I met a lot of guys in school
who are now top professionals/politicians, etc. I understand
some Hausa as well because it is easy to understand or learn.
I'm still nostalgic about my days in Kano! smiley

1] Kindly let me know if it will still be possible for the original
Hausa [Hausawa] to have their own Sarkin Kano again?

2] Did you know that Gen. Murtala Mohammed's father is originally
a Birom from Jos South?
It was when he converted to Islam
in Jos that he had to leave because it was a taboo in Birom
culture and he came to Kano. I read this information in a copy
of The SUN in 2004. I still have the interview that the Journalist
had with the extended family members of Gen. Murtala's father in Jos
and they said the fathers land is still in Jos for them to come
and inherit.

3] Are the Yakassai family in Kano who are of Jukun origin
considered to be Hausa people now?

4] Can you confirm if it is true that Gen. IBB and his cousin
Gen. Abdulsalam Abubakar' ancestors originally came from
Kano and moved to Niger State. I saw this documentary
on TV over 10 years ago where this was stated.

Kano - "Kanawan Dabo"!
"Kanawan Dabo" [means "Real Hausa From Kano"]

All the best! smiley
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 14, 2018
JikanBaura:

verily what u said doesnt have any evidence,and it is not true,oba of ilorin doesn't have no power on the rest of kings in kwara,and ilorin being under sokoto,that's old sokoto and that's past,british has conquered it.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 8:34am On Feb 14, 2018
Sasalite despite your hatred for islam,even if u chase fulani kings,muslim will still be kings in hausa lands,deal with that.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 14, 2018
Mallam abdelrahman, am glad that you understand clearly that my hatred is directed towards Islam and not Muslims. I hate any idea or belief that makes it hard for people to respect others. That being said, you can now understand that I am not against a Hausa Muslim being my earthly king because that is the right thing to be considering the fact that majority of the Hausas are Muslims and the king can believe whatever he wants, so far he does not toy with our cultures. Am interested in the preservation of the Hausa culture and traditions which Fulani Islamic monarchs try to eliminate in the name of religion, yet they preserve theirs. So stop making assumptions.
abdelrahman:
Sasalite despite your hatred for islam,even if u chase fulani kings,muslim will still be kings in hausa lands,deal with that.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 14, 2018
sasalite:
Mallam abdelrahman, am glad that you understand clearly that my hatred is directed towards Islam and not Muslims. I hate any idea or belief that makes it hard for people to respect others. That being said, you can now understand that I am not against a Hausa Muslim being my earthly king because that is the right thing to be considering the fact that majority of the Hausas are Muslims and the king can believe whatever he wants, so far he does not toy with our cultures. Am interested in the preservation of the Hausa culture and traditions which Fulani Islamic monarchs try to eliminate in the name of religion, yet they preserve theirs. So stop making assumptions.
i understand you bro,but you know that fulani conquered by using islam as shied,for the fact that islam was in hausa land b4,you know they also invaded borno empire that have islam since like 14th century,you should now understand that it's not because of islam but power that they are looking for.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 14, 2018
JikanƁaura, bisa ga dukan alamu, na fahimci kai ne ainihin mara kunya, babban jahili kuma. Na tabbatar kana ɗaya daga cikin mutanen nan mazauna birni waɗanda ba su taɓa fita daga birni ba, balle su san me yake faruwa a waje (kifin rijiya). To bari in ilimintar da kai. Na san Musulmi Bahaushe fiye da yadda kake tunani, na kuma san halin irin ku. Kana cewa ba kwa nuna ƙyama ga maguzawa amma da bakinka ka faɗa cewa kuna kiransu maguzawa "to show disdain that he is not from the Hausa tribe". Ina fatan ka san ma'anar kalmar "disdain" a turance, da kuma abin da ake nufi da "to show .... that he is not from the Hausa tribe" meaning to disown a person. By merely reading your post am convinced that your are a seriously misinformed Hausa man at best or a seriously brainwashed illiterate at worst. You are nobody to tell me about my origin because I know who I am; a pure bakutumbe of the maidawa clan (if you know what that means in Hausa). Go get yourself informed my friend. JAHILI, je ka tambaye kakanninka su gaya maka asalinka.
JikanBaura:

The reason why hausa people are estimated to be 70 Million people are your kind whom have lost their culture and language infavor of Hausa. You are not Hausa you are just a fraud who has no history or culture and tribe tO call his so. This serves as consequences that we will forever faced for accommodating and having other tribes embrace our language. Every piece of shit will be wanting to claim our tribe just because he/she speaks our language.

Hausawa we knows ourselves , hide your true identity behind screen lieying to be hausa, foolish you don't know you are disgracing yourself. The rubbish you type exposed you , No hausa will read what you wrote and be convinced you are Hausa.

You are cristian and you are claiming to be Bamaguje bloody liar, Hausa Muslims will never call a cristian bamaguje, The Word Maguzawa refers to the Hausa pagans and them alone .Even if you a pagan or Christian you don't falls under Maguzawa but Arna. Hausa calls people arna(group) arne(m) arniya(f) to not only show he is none muslim but to also show disdain that he is not from the hausa tribe. Even a Hausa cristian should only be call a Kirista. You will have to be Hausa by tribe plus followed hausa paganism for you to be term Bamaguje.

You commenteds shows you are not Hausa. Because a bamaguje knows that nobody on this earth loves him more than his Hausa brothers, because they don't discriminate against him and will always be on his side as long as his not quelty. If maguzawa still exist today it's because Islam was never impose on them.

And unlike cristian and fraud . The maguzawa nevers sees fulani or hausa as their enemies because they are the people they grown up and live with. Heck not even a christian dakarkari tribemen will sees Hausa or fulani as his enemy because of the love and respect they between. Said you are hoping to acclaim you tribemen into light of Cristianity.

Said you still have pagans but you are hoping and working hard to see them saved so as to salvage Wat is left of tribemen. Who are your tribemen that you are hoping of rescuing and how do you intend to save them?, from what/who do you want to save them? Shameless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 12:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

I'm not from the north but served there, zuru to be precise.

Now , I repeat ! no Christian zuru(darkrakari) man loves a Muslim Hausa man, even the love between a Muslim zuru man and Christian zuru man is shaky.
A town under zuru emirate called wasagu is evenly shared between the Muslim and the Christian, the Christian are mostly found around tundunwada. this area is the only place to find the only two churches in the town namely catholic and YMCA.

The pagan zuru men are still found around , hey walk in leather short around their waist, largely uneducated with only farm labourers as work.
the zuru people are largely shortchanged in kebbi state due to their large Christian population despite having big wig military men.

Their is no love between a Muslim and Christian as far as zuru people is concerned what you see is fake friendship.
To me, zuru people are of middlebelt stock. zuru people are good people. And the Christian don't joke with their religion despite torment. I've seen a teacher denies promotion cause he's a Christian in zuru, I've seen student not given aviation slot in zuru because he's David and not Ibrahim. zuru people I love you and I pray you realize you dream.

You are very correct.

Zuru people are supposed to be in Niger state. As a matter of fact, there were under Niger province during the colonial period.
Some Zurus are still in Niger & some in Zamfara.

During the division of the old north-western state into Sokoto & Niger states. Sokoto was meant for Hausas while Niger was meant for the minorities. As usual, Hausa-fulanis cheated the minorities and today they have Zamfara & Kebbi states from Old Sokoto state and they carved some Niger state minorities into Kebbi & Zamfara south in order to make the states bigger in population.

This is why Zuru people alongside other Kainji speaking tribes like Kambari, Dukawa, Shingini, Kadara & Kamuku in both Kebbi south & Niger north have been fighting for their own Kainji state. This state was recommended for creation in the 2014 national confab.

The past generations were completely deceived, this our generation are getting wiser and we must change a lot of things.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 1:17pm On Feb 15, 2018
JikanBaura:

Cristian culture, What culture does Christians have? Is it the British language you adopted or the western cloth, you called cristian culture. Christians never wears cloth or speaks the western language you called cristian culture. Jesus never speaks English, wear English cloth or own a church.

Whether tribes around hausa maintain their identity or don't we hausa will remind them who they are. We don't plan to absorb any tribe that's why said nobody should claim us just because they can speak our language. Like the other fraud called satellite who said he is Christian but at thesame time claim to be Hausa Maguzawa (pagan hausa) claiming two religion who is he fooling.

Him and other northern Christians like you manage to avoid Islamic religion for you perceived it as (Hausa religion) , You failed to avoid Hausa language. (You aren't a real hater)

Talking about culture and religion. Your people have for long bieng forced to dump their language, Pagansm religion in exchange for western civilization and unfortunately for you in the next
50 years from now their will be a total extinction of your tribe languages , Cultures In favor of western civilization, in years to come you will be no different from you distance cousins in America and Britain that were taken for slavery and lost everything about their culture, language.

Anyway Hausa and English had already made other northern language obsolete. I'm proud Hausa whom have keep his culture and language whereever im today and so will always brag about it cool

Absolute nonsense. You just type any trash that comes into your head as I have observed. You lack coherent cognition.

There is only 1 point I am going to respond to in your speech cos the others are trash.

See, our people never chose Hausa language to be imposed on us, it was done by the British in connivance with the fulani emirs because they wanted a unified administrative region.

The christian missionaries who came to the middlebelt (Plateau, Taraba, Southern kaduna axis specifically) and saw how ethnically diverse the people were, they wanted to use NGAS LANGUAGE (one of the major languages in Plateau state) , as the sole language for evangelism. This was because the Sudan united missionaries first landed in Pankshin and had learnt Ngas and first translated the English bible to Ngas.

There was an Ngas bible first before a Hausa bible existed.

Had it been that the British allowed this evangelism with Ngas language, by now, almost all northern christians would have been speaking Ngas language by now and would have been heavily united as one people.

Cos, prior to christianity, Plateau people and most northern christian tribes never spoke hausa. Christianity was what brought about the use of Hausa language.

This was exactly what the British wanted to avoid. They did not want to have 2 large major ethnic groups in their monolithic north, as it would affect their administrative convenience of indirect rule.

It was a pure British handwork. Cos fulani jihadists were defeated and disgraced by Plateau tribes and many other northern christian tribes during Danfodio's spread of islam.

Cc sasalite, konquest, Dirkcoyt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 1:33pm On Feb 15, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Nowenuse

Thanks for this very brilliant post... smiley

Look at the Gbagyis or Gwaris who are the indigenes
are Abuja who are now being margnalised in their
land and some emir has been installed. I saw them
protesting massively on AIT this year. They do not
even have representation in the Senate or the National
assembly as of 2018. Even the citizens of Washington DC
have representation in their National Assembly.

The British have already left Nigeria since 1960
but they created the disaster of indirect rule by
using the Fulani to collect taxes as part of their
global imperialistic agenda.

If British colonial rule has ended in much
of Africa, it is time for the indigenous
ethnicities of the areas in Nigeria where you
have Fulani/mixed-blood Fulani rulers over a majority
population of indigenous people like in Ilorin, Kano
[as of 2018] to end!

It was the military rule that helped to prob-up
the Fulani rulership after 1960 but it has to end this
century in all of old Norther Region.

The Justice Ekundayo Panel Report stated that the Yoruba
should have their Oba in Ilorin, but the military
did not implement it.

Funnily the British through the British Governor of Lagos also acknowledged
that Ilorin is a Yoruba town and should be merged with their
kith and kin in the West of Nigeria, but Sir George Goldie said
the Ilorin is within his area of trading influence. This is how
the British arbitrarilly governed Nigeria in a shambolic manner
and left people scattered.

You are correct.

However, I think, Gbagyis of FCT have a senator, in the person of Sen. Philip Aduda. But that guy is just nothing but a disgrace to me, cos I cannot see anything reasonable that he has done to better the lives and secure the interests of his people. See how fat he is, just embezzling funds. And the most annoying part of it is that he is serving his 3rd term now. His people just keep on voting him cos he is a gbagyi man and most times, he is the only Gbagyi contestant for that position.

The case of Ilorin and millions of yorubas in Kwara & Kogi being added to northern population (with which the Hausa-fulani politicians use to boast of 19 northern states is just very embarrassing).
Sometimes I wonder whether these Fulani elites are using juju for we southerners & middlebelters. How can these people just be intimidating and holding all the rest of us ransome?......
Sometimes I feel our education is useless towards these people.
Our own leaders sold us to these people cos of peanuts, fear & cowardice.

I sincerely hope our own generation would be able to rectify and put an end to all these.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 1:51pm On Feb 15, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Sasalite

Kano/North years back.

a Birom from Jos South?
and inherit.

Kano - "Kanawan Dabo"!

All the best! smiley

1) It would be impossible for Kano to ever have a Hausa Sarki anymore.
Except under these conditions;

> A very strong group of pro pre-danfodio Hausa identity start up with both a strong militant & enlightened members support base and are able to win more & more indigenous Hausas to their cause. It has to be a strong ideology. And it has to start from Hausa muslims themselves.

(Now, the large illiteracy in Hausa land is a big setback factor to this kind of struggle). Cos, it is easier to brainwash illiterates with religion, as the fulani elites have succesfully done with the Hausa masses.

Why do you think the fulani elites have denied the Hausa masses quality western education? ....... Cos the day the Hausa masses receive quality education and high social standard, they will begin to ask questions. And this will most likely lead to a revolution as many anti-fulani school of thoughts will spring up.

> 2ndly, the middlebelt and south will largely work towards the reduction of the influence of the caliphate, first of all by removing all northern minorities from the influence of the caliphate and cutting the fulani oligarchy into size.
Now, this 2nd option will hardly ever succeed, as it may lead to a full scale war of religion. Fulani elites are masters of using and manipulating religion to their cause. They will easily manipulate the illiterate hausa masses and other muslim masses to see this as a war against islam, rather than a war against fulani oligarchy.

So, any war to lliberate Hausa land must start from within and literacy is the first step.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by googi: 1:56pm On Feb 15, 2018
The way Nigerians explain our helplessness is to blame Fulani juju on us.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Nowenuse: 2:12pm On Feb 15, 2018
Konquest:

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
@Sasalite

Kano/North years back.

a Birom from Jos South?
and inherit.

Kano - "Kanawan Dabo"!

All the best! smiley

2) Yes, there are rumours that Murtala's father was a Birom man from Plateau who converted to islam and relocated. No credible sources has confirmed any of this especially from his own immediate family.
Some rumours also claim Murtala's father is from Auchi, Edo state. His mother is actually proven to be from there, but that of his father being from Edo has not been proven.

3) Kwararafa (led by the Jukuns) was once a great kingdom which conquered parts of Hausa land. Kano was once under Jukun control. So, many Kano people have jukun ancestry.
So, I don't know if the Yakassai were of the older Jukun settlements in Kano, or were later migrants.

Kano (as well as the entire Hausaland) and Bauchi are places that accept anyone as long as you have a pure islamic/hausa name, you are a muslim and you speak Hausa language fluently.
Ibrahim Shekarau (former governor of Kano) was ancestrally a Bura man from Borno.
Sabo Bakin Zuwo (former governor of Kano) was of Nupe origin from Bida.

I have relatives from Plateau state who have indigeneship certificates for Kano, Bauchi & Katsina and even receive yearly bursary embursements in school. Just because they are muslims.

4) IBB & Abdulsalami. are both most likely of Hausa-fulani origin (from Sokoto state). But maternally, they are of gbagyi origin.

Niger state was together with Sokoto, Zamfara & Kebbi as one state for some time, and many Hausa fulanis migrated into Niger areas.
Infact, this migration has began long before now.

Most Niger state indigenes know this, but because many of them are muslims, they say nothing about it (in the name of islamic bond).
Niger state has for long been heavily infiltrated by Hausa fulanis through intermarriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by JikanBaura(m): 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2018
Go
Nowenuse:

Absolute nonsense. You just type any trash that comes into your head as I have observed. You lack coherent cognition.

There is only 1 point I am going to respond to in your speech cos the others are trash.

See, our people never chose Hausa language to be imposed on us, it was done by the British in connivance with the fulani emirs because they wanted a unified administrative region.

The christian missionaries who came to the middlebelt (Plateau, Taraba, Southern kaduna axis specifically) and saw how ethnically diverse the people were, they wanted to use NGAS LANGUAGE (one of the major languages in Plateau state) , as the sole language for evangelism. This was because the Sudan united missionaries first landed in Pankshin and had learnt Ngas and first translated the English bible to Ngas.

There was an Ngas bible first before a Hausa bible existed.

Had it been that the British allowed this evangelism with Ngas language, by now, almost all northern christians would have been speaking Ngas language by now and would have been heavily united as one people.

Cos, prior to christianity, Plateau people and most northern christian tribes never spoke hausa. Christianity was what brought about the use of Hausa language.

This was exactly what the British wanted to avoid. They did not want to have 2 large major ethnic groups in their monolithic north, as it would affect their administrative convenience of indirect rule.

It was a pure British handwork. Cos fulani jihadists were defeated and disgraced by Plateau tribes and many other northern christian tribes during Danfodio's spread of islam.

Cc sasalite, konquest, Dirkcoyt

grin You don't feel ashamed to lie, Christians plateau tribe with no name , no kingdom , primates defeated and disgraced a caliphate. Name the fulani jahadist that's was defeated and the Christians that defeated him.

Cristian community don't even exist during those times its just that you are bloody illtreated , dunce plz I don't discuss with shameless liars.
Quote me no more .

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Eggon People / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia / Man ‘arrests’ Nsukka Deity For Making His Business Fail (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.