Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,875 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant (53334 Views)

Olukere Of Ikere Ekiti Now Recognized As An Oba In Ekiti State / "Why Woman Cannot Be An Oba In Benin Kingdom" - Man Reveals With Photos / Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over, Leader Of Afonja Descendants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by bionixs: 5:18pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Nnamdi kanu also said igbos are pigs.

Are you people pigs?

Please use your sense and try to be reasonable. This isn't the time to throw stones at one another
oga, didn't you read the long epistle above? Do you need NK to tell you that your ancestors were bunch of cowards? Now read again Abi you no go school? When a pig as you called him is in the position to teach you sense,then you are a dead vulture. Meanwhile, before you ever post jack on NL again, make sure your kinsman is properly installed as the Oba in your ancestral home land Ilorin and not a herdsman from Guinea, ok?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
You àre very right. I was chatting with a northern customer of mine at a major market in Lagos who sells,yams.We were arguing about the price of things and I said,"Sebi na your brother be president?".he got very angry and said,me I no be Fulani,I be Hausa,he no be my brother. Let me just leave out other things he said.

Most people don't know this.

The Hausa man is not happy with what the fulanis have reduced them to(foot soldiers) despite they are the major tribes.

But a Hausa man can't fight or should I say they are in the same state as the decendants of Afonja,they don't know how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
oluwazoba25:
now I no the real meaning of afonja

That's why i wanted Lalasticlala to move this thread to front-page.

I am not Yoruba but am a lover of history which it is obvious that a lot of Nigerians don't have an idea of.

Such a pity

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by laydoh(m): 5:22pm On Feb 09, 2018
am ashame,wat a shame.am from ilorin and everytime i see ilorin history,i always feel helpless.those fulani are devils,nonetheless,am a muslim,thats d only thing i got from them wc am happy for.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:25pm On Feb 09, 2018
Odkosh:
I tried it with two hausas, they nearly fought me.

My brother be very thankful to God.

They hate the fulanis with passion but are unable to challenge them just like the people in kwara.

I remember years ago, we had a meeting at the office that involves every tribe, I didn't know the difference between Hausa and Fulani. So I called one Hausa man Fulani.

Come and see the way the guy vex. Am sure if there was dagger he would have stabbed me.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:
am ashame,wat a shame.am from ilorin and everytime i see ilorin history,i always feel helpless.those fulani are devils,nonetheless,am a muslim,thats d only thing i got from them wc am happy for.

You are happy that they used Islam to collect your land, heritage and throne?

SMH

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
Wonderful most important thread of the year. My eyes don read something today.

5 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:28pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

You are happy that they used Islam to collect your land, heritage and throne?

SMH

I SMH too. Brainwashing at its highest

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by laydoh(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2018
Windflower:
This is long overdue,am tired of people referring to me as non Yoruba because am from kwara state. I have to start explaining history to them
u r 4rm kwara state?wia exactly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Dirkcoyt: 5:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
laydoh:

You are ashamed the Fulani rule you but you are happy they gave you a religion. Did you ask which instrument they used to rule you? This same religion.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Lightening: 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Most people don't know that the hausas find it as an insult if you call them Fulani.
Meet a true Hausa man and call him Fulani and see how angry he will be as he sees it as a great insult.

Silent anger; what will he do? They are even slaves to Fulanis. They have taken their fsye and have learnt to live with it.
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by HomeOfMe(f): 5:32pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Most people don't know this.

The Hausa man is not happy with what the fulanis have reduced them to(foot soldiers) despite they are the major tribes.

But a Hausa man can't fight or should I say they are in the same state as the decendants of Afonja,they don't know how to go about it.
That's too bad. Have people even bothered to ask why History was stopped in schools. There àre things they obviously don't want this generation to know. Those of us who did History can't be deceived.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
That's too bad. Have people even bothered to ask why History was stopped in schools. There àre things they obviously don't want this generation to know. Those of us who did History can't be deceived.

Exactly. That's why nairaland, Seun, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 needs to push more history related threads to front page.

A lot of people don't know who Afonja is. They think it is an insult.

The fulanis in power were smart to remove history from our educational curriculum

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

You are ashamed the Fulani rule you but you are happy they gave you a religion. Did you ask which instrument they used to rule you? This same religion.

This one tire me guy.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by babacletus: 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
Notice how these tread (Yoruba vs Fulani) is filled with comments from sotherners, but not a single Fulani, speaks a lot about that group's tactics, the Igbos are learning quick sha, destroy this yoruba-fulani relationship

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Exactly. That's why nairaland, Seun, Lalasticlala and Mynd44 needs to push more history related threads to front page.

It is still an insult. Being ruled by another different tribe not even true Nigerians. Insult of the highest degree

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Lightening: 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

This is why the cattle colony must be rejected in the south and the middle belt by all. The day you give a Fulani man your land, that is the end and beginning of trouble for you.
This was the greatest mistake Afonja made.

The people of OYO state are very smart. They were suspicious about the fulanis to they consulted their oracle which told them to drive the Fulani terrorists away or risk losing their lands, possessions and throne. If they didn't listen, alafin of OYO would have been a Fulani man.
The same oracle is warning them about voting for Buhari the Fulani terrorist or risk losing everything.

For those thinking that the fulanis are peaceful and friendly, the history is there to remind you of who they truly are. A perfect example is Muhammadu Buhari, who came to power in the pretense that he is changed only to show his hateful, vengeful and unforgiving self.
As for the yorubas whom are here shouting sai baba and supporting a terrorist. They are behaving like Afonja who sold his birth right to the fulanis. E.g Sarrki, madridguy, markfemi . The history is there to remind them.

Be wise. Shine your eyes

Truth! Betrayal runs in their blood. But they have not yet seen the correlation between that attitude and their eternal servitude to the Fulani. Awon sophistication.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Odkosh: 5:36pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

My brother be very thankful to God.

They hate the fulanis with passion but are unable to challenge them just like the people in kwara.

I remember years ago, we had a meeting at the office that involves every tribe, I didn't know the difference between Hausa and Fulani. So I called one Hausa man Fulani.

Come and see the way the guy vex. Am sure if there was dagger he would have stabbed me.
That day no be play o. He was doing my shoe when i said, na your brother cause this hardship. Omo, the guy vex o. I just calmed to look his drama.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by deji17: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
devindevin2000:
Confused Afonjas...they will leave their problems and be interfering in Eastern Region affairs. Wicked busy-body things!
Busy body. What is the status of the eboes in Benue state? Some of them have been complaining of slavery, but you seems not to care about their plight.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:

I SMH too. Brainwashing at its highest
I tell you.

That's another problem the fulanis have used to cause a discord among yorubas. The Muslims will say they thank fulanis for bringing Islam hence they are ready to surrender their lands and heritage to the fulanis

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by HarrypotterIV: 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
Crocky23:
Alimi was a kick@ss mu-ffukker.
fucking nazis,the one thing that pains you mosts is that they are natural winners
Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

I tell you.

That's another problem the fulanis have used to cause a discord among yorubas. The Muslims will say they thank fulanis for bringing Islam hence they are ready to surrender their lands and heritage to the fulanis

Something has to be done, but it's a pity the solution seems to be veering towards a violent path.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Bullhari007(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
the Fulani's should just leg over and come and take over their ancestral estate which was Oyo , Ogun , Osun, Ondo and Lagos... it was their undeniable right to lord and rule Oduduwa till eternity, AFONJAS this their initial gara gara will not take them anywhere, caliphate must scatter every nook and crannies of Yoruba land, grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:

It is still an insult. Being ruled by another different tribe not even true Nigerians. Insult of the highest degree

You have a point

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by deji17: 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

The fulanis in power were smart to remove history from our educational curriculum
Can you recollect who the Minister of education is when history was removed from our curriculum?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Chidexter(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Busy body. What is the status of the eboes in Benue state? Some of them have been complaining of slavery, but you seems not to care about there plight.

Benue is not an Igbo state, so ur argument is null and void.

11 Likes

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Sunymoore(m): 5:41pm On Feb 09, 2018
HomeOfMe:
You àre very right. I was chatting with a northern customer of mine at a major market in Lagos who sells,yams.We were arguing about the price of things and I said,"Sebi na your brother be president?".he got very angry and said,me I no be Fulani,I be Hausa,he no be my brother. Let me just leave out other things he said.
Say it.. No problem will befall him, he's an anonymous

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by deji17: 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:

Benue is not an Igbo state, so ur argument is null and void.
But some of them have eboe names? How come? Some of them openly complained of slavery in Benue state and cried out for help busy body.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by laydoh(m): 5:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
Dirkcoyt:

u guys shudnt get me wrong pls,wat m hapi 4 is dat m a muslim and m hapi 4 bin one.moreover,no stupid bigot rule ova me,i v neva seen d emir b4 self,i dnt even live dia.no one can change d past,d deed has bin done already.Dey dnt own d religion 4 God sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Odingo1: 5:43pm On Feb 09, 2018
deji17:
Busy body. What is the status of the eboes in Benue state? Some of them have been complaining of slavery, but you seems not to care about their plight.
hmm, so Igbos is longer indigenous to only SE , a lot fact is coming out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by TheKingIsHere: 5:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
Chidexter:
Wonderful most important thread of the year. My eyes don read something today.

Am glad that you learned something from this thread. It is good to know history.

Kudos to Lalasticlala and Mynd44 for moving this educational thread to fp

1 Like

Re: Plan To Install Yoruba Oba In Ilorin Not Over- Afonja Descendant by Vado(m): 5:46pm On Feb 09, 2018
Windflower:
This is long overdue,am tired of people referring to me as non Yoruba because am from kwara state. I have to start explaining history to them

Sorry dear. It Is so annoying. I can relate.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

The Eggon People / Emir Of Kano's Fleet Of Cars In 1956 (Photo) / Ooni Ogunwusi Renames IPOB In Umuahia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.