Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) (38195 Views)

Beijing Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony In Pictures / Team Nigeria At The 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony / Photos From 2020 Tokyo Olympics Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:17pm On Feb 09, 2018
ThisKC:

bros they're all from diaspora, US to be precise, dem no need return here. Besides, they sponsored themselves.
I for say... no wonder because the dullard in chief of arm force only understand the sound of buuuu and muuuuu ,
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
Originalsly:
If Nigeria is a shithole.... and you are still in the shithole... what are you? ....telling the world you are shit and don't even know.
@ topic.....the ladies were the topic of discussion on the popular and widely broadcast Steve Harvey Morning Radio Show about two weeks ago. They were so supportive of them not so much as representing Nigeria but as representing Blacks period.... a historic achievement for Blacks period. They ...Akatas...were encouraging all to follow them... ..but we??
I hope they can also be the first to medal...I wish them ehmmmm.....Godspeed.
yeah I'm in a shithole and I just need single entry schengen visa to rewrite diz lord luggard blunder, I gonna tell my offsprings a story of one useless shithole called Nigeria , you hope they can only be the first medalist for black... hear your self... poo
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by mowapa(m): 10:32pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bullhari007:
if I were them I will never return to this shithole...

All American citizen by birth..

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:39pm On Feb 09, 2018
mowapa:

All American citizen by birth..
they should just go back to America because we have a lot to worry here
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by putin4: 10:42pm On Feb 09, 2018
I'm happy for your girls,you have won gold medal in my heart .
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:49pm On Feb 09, 2018
ThisKC:

Why won't they make the US team? If you know anything about them, you'd know they didn't start this sport professionally as kids. Out of dedication in preparation for this games, they went to Canada for camp for snow. Besides, they went through qualifiers to get to this level.

Don't take anything from their hustle, if they rep USA wahala, if they rep 9ja still wahala say dem do dey good enough. Wetin una want sef?
America only pick the best not substandard, My friend tried severally to join Nigeria Army as a recruit but the shithole deny him the opportunity, along the line his uncle sponsored him to America just two years in America they enlisted them into US Army, the shithole is a career killer, diz girls should never think home if they really want to go far in their already shithole career
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:54pm On Feb 09, 2018
ThisKC:

bros they're all from diaspora, US to be precise, dem no need return here. Besides, they sponsored themselves.
why did they opt for a shithole instead of 1st class country , no man/woman will like to associate with failure, they are failure in States that's why they want to associate like shithole , abeg what's their rank in their field
.. I wanna know
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
if they were introduced to the sport early we would dominate
but nigeria na only mass and english awa parent go de poshu us for.they are all masters holders
the seun girl has 2 masters and working on her phd
welcome to republic of shithole

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by omongbatim: 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
dayleke:

Bros, if I'm not mistaken... They are resident in the states.

Correct. They are Nigerians only by heritage. They are for all intent and purposes Americans

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:10pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bullhari007:
welcome to republic of shithole
welcome ke
i was born here and will help clean it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ThisKC(m): 11:11pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bullhari007:
they went through Africa qualification , they beat substandard athletes in Africa to be in that level, let them meet the real athletes... who no won fly American colour

There is no African qualifiers, there is only one universal qualifiers for all comers, from all countries

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Awoo88: 11:20pm On Feb 09, 2018
These are sweet ladies representing a shit hole without a single input from Buhari or his his brainless minister of sport
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
ThisKC:

There is no African qualifiers, there is only one universal qualifiers for all comers, from all countries
let see how they make it... goodluck to them
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2018
MIKOLOWISKA:
welcome ke
i was born here and will help clean it up
OK call me when you are done cleaning it
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ThisKC(m): 11:32pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bullhari007:
America only pick the best not substandard

Your posts all reek of ignorance let me give you a full run down, you shouldn't have any questions or doubts after this and if you do, google is your friend.

The bobsled team consists of 3 (Adigun 31, Onwumere 25, Omeoga 26) athletes who've represented Nigeria (and won medals) at Olympics or All Africa games, the 'skeleton' event lady Simi 36, failed at qualifiers to rep Nigeria for 2008 olympics. This is not their first time representing Nigeria but their first in this sport. Adigun their captain read that Nigeria -Africa in general- has never been to the winter olympics, decided to give it a try and reached out to others (they had never tried this sport before, infact Simi rode her first sled in September 2017!!!).
Qualifier method is:
1) Be the official no1 in your country.
2) Complete official 5 races on differet courses(not as easy as it sounds).
3) Come out in the qualifying places. (these races obviously are against the best from other countries).

Bottomline: they were all born in US, they've competed in Nigeria's name in athletics in the past, they entered this sport for the sake of Nigeria and Africa at large (Adigun has 2 Masters and a PhD, the two others in her team had white collar jobs at the time she reached out to them) cut them some slack please, encourage them!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Phi001(m): 11:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bullhari007:
America only pick the best not substandard, My friend tried severally to join Nigeria Army as a recruit but the shithole deny him the opportunity, along the line his uncle sponsored him to America just two years in America they enlisted them into US Army, the shithole is a career killer, diz girls should never think home if they really want to go far in their already shithole career
You know the example you gave doesn't follow the point the made.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ThisKC(m): 11:34pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bullhari007:
let see how they make it... goodluck to them

Yes o, goodluck to all of them!!!!!
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ThisKC(m): 11:37pm On Feb 09, 2018
Phi001:
You know the example you gave doesn't follow the point the made.

Lol, you a savage man! Even I noticed it, just ignored that off point movement

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by slysteel: 11:44pm On Feb 09, 2018
They funded themselves and a few Americans donated to them on a go fund me campaign they carried out,,Nigeria didn't invest a dime on the girls.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by MIKOLOWISKA: 11:57pm On Feb 09, 2018
Bullhari007:
OK call me when you are done cleaning it
why
if you are not useful to the country now
you are useless to us in the future
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Shikena(m): 12:21am On Feb 10, 2018
Visa (the credit card/payment processing company) is also sponsoring them as part of Team Visa - https://usa.visa.com/about-visa/sponsorships-promotions/olympics-partnership/meet-team-visa.html
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 12:26am On Feb 10, 2018
mayweather145:
Later now u go dey hear say no money for accommodation or transport. Nija self I tire for this country.
They have not been supported by Nigeria from day one. Infact, it was a GoFundMe that was used to get them their bobsled. I think then sponsorship by Visa saw them through...

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 12:27am On Feb 10, 2018
slysteel:
They funded themselves and a few Americans donated to them on a go fund me campaign they carried out,,Nigeria didn't invest a dime on the girls.
As in eh..... Let the government just park. They girls have already made a name for themselves
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by ElPhoche(m): 12:30am On Feb 10, 2018
Bullhari007:
yeah I'm in a shithole and I just need single entry schengen visa to rewrite diz lord luggard blunder, I gonna tell my offsprings a story of one useless shithole called Nigeria , you hope they can only be the first medalist for black... hear your self... poo
grin grin
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by MrMcJay(m): 12:36am On Feb 10, 2018
Gangster1ms:
This country sha.. look at their funny costumes. Do they think they are going there to be a mascot? Smh

I don't know which is worse, your atrocious grammar or your infantile reasoning.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by cooldee(m): 1:13am On Feb 10, 2018
I pray for this beautiful ladies that there will be no injuries and they will win a medal. just went on youtube to check what these two events are about and wow...they need a lot of skills and to me its kinda dangerous but i pray God will be with them and with the love and joy and happiness among this ladies....i am optimistic they will be highly succesful at the games. i wish to meet them someday soon. Go team Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Gangster1ms: 1:15am On Feb 10, 2018
MrMcJay:

I don't know which is worse, your atrocious grammar or your infantile reasoning.
Correct the grammar English teacher undecided
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Litmus: 1:19am On Feb 10, 2018
How I wish Nigerians in authority had a way of finding out the identity of those people hidden by internet, crying shithole and if they are forigners or Nigerians in Nigeria, deporting the former and revoking the citizenship of the latter. They' d never be allowed to step foot back in Nigeria even if thire relatives were dying or died. The only exception being if at the airport they agreed to smear shit on thire faces, hop on one leg, repeating, 'I love shit, I love shit,' grin

I pity America for if they are the ones as well as Nigerians living over there who continue to pore scorn on Nigeria, something calamitous will happen to them. Nature does not forget arrogance of the magnitude they show. Nature does not like routine.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by henryhemon(m): 1:45am On Feb 10, 2018
tutudesz:

If you no know they went there with their personal money!!

No not with their personal money,there was gofund opened for them.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:41am On Feb 10, 2018
Gangster1ms:
This country sha.. look at their funny costumes. Do they think they are going there to be a mascot? Smh

Can you bring a better design?
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by jeroba1(m): 3:22am On Feb 10, 2018
God help you.
Re: The Nigerian Bobsled & Skeleton Team At Winter Olympics Opening Event (Photos) by Nobody: 3:31am On Feb 10, 2018
MYGRATEskillz:
winter Olympics kini blacks don't stand a chance in those winter sports.

Pessimist. How do you know that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Players Celebrate UEFA Super Cup Win In Dressing Room (Photos) / Super Falcons Dance Zanku In Cyprus As They Win Match Against Slovakia / Copa America: Brazil Star Neymar Carried Off In Tears After Injury Again!(Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.