Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

E-passport Renewal In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Renewal In Lagos (982 Views)

Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Federal Government Launches The New Enhanced Security E-Passport / President Buhari Launches 10-Year Validity E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-passport Renewal In Lagos by hillarymad(m): 7:33pm On Feb 09, 2018
Good Day guys.

Please does anyone in Lagos have an idea of how I can renew my passport? I am in the Island and do not want to go to far.
I went to the passport office at Ikoyi and even though it is boldy printed at the gate that passport is 17,800, the immigrations officer told me I'd have to pay 30k for renewal for 32 pages. I want to make the payment online but he claimed I will still have to pay the balance when I come and at the moment I really don't have that money.
Can anyone who either renewed their international passport recently or has a good idea of immigrations help me out on how to go about this and get the renewal done at not more than 20k?

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal In Lagos by africanjarule: 10:15pm On Feb 09, 2018
hillarymad:
Good Day guys.

Please does anyone in Lagos have an idea of how I can renew my passport? I am in the Island and do not want to go to far.
I went to the passport office at Ikoyi and even though it is boldy printed at the gate that passport is 17,800, the immigrations officer told me I'd have to pay 30k for renewal for 32 pages. I want to make the payment online but he claimed I will still have to pay the balance when I come and at the moment I really don't have that money.
Can anyone who either renewed their international passport recently or has a good idea of immigrations help me out on how to go about this and get the renewal done at not more than 20k?

Thanks.
even if u pay online they will not give it to u and u will wait more than six month and also pay the remainning balance u will collect it if u want doubt me u can try it I swear u will regret it.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal In Lagos by hillarymad(m): 12:41am On Feb 10, 2018
Did this happen to you? and at which of the immigration office?
africanjarule:
even if u pay online they will not give it to u and u will wait more than six month and also pay the remainning balance u will collect it if u want doubt me u can try it I swear u will regret it.

1 Like

Re: E-passport Renewal In Lagos by amprat: 6:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
africanjarule:
He is very correct, the system is bastardized, the government have their written regulations while the immigration officials operate their own unwritten rules, how do you think immigration officials get rich quickly?
Re: E-passport Renewal In Lagos by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 11, 2018
No waste your time paying online if you don't want to wait for 6month... Just pay that 30k and get it.done....
Re: E-passport Renewal In Lagos by msanda(m): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2018
hillarymad:
Good Day guys.

Thanks.

Thanks for this question. Can someone who has actually renewed recently share their experience please? No offence to those who have answered but I've found out that we sometimes assume the system doesn't work without actually trying to see if it could work.

(1) (Reply)

Comparison Btw Abc Transport And Cross-country To Accra / Travelling To Mauritius / Sailors Lounge At 6/ Redefining Night Life In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.