Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? (14960 Views)

Are There Jobs That Warrant Applicants To Pay For Documentation / Are There Jobs Were OND Holders Earn Above 70k? / Get An Instant Jobs, If U Are A Graphics Artist And Large Format Operator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2018
“There are no jobs”! “Jobs are scarce”! These are some of the things we hear everyday. They are not far from the reality on ground. Jobs are actually becoming scarce due to population pressure. However, saying that there are no jobs is an overstatement.

As population increases, people’s needs increase. And the means to meet them also increase, leading to creation of one job or the other. However, the conventional means of securing a job has changed over the years. Employees used to go to schools to look for prospective graduates to hire for one service or the other. This act has literally disappeared over time.

Now, people stay at home for years without securing a job. Some have fallen into depression due to unemployment. Which prompt the questions, “are there jobs?”, “if yes, where are the jobs?”

To answer these questions correctly, you need to understand the dynamics of the society. The society has changed over the years, so has the modus operandi. Technologies and services have changed greatly, the society we domicile. To answer the first question, yes there are jobs. If not, the entire society would have been thrown into chaos. In the next few points I will make, I will be showing you where the jobs are. Where to locate the jobs of your dreams.

Where are the jobs?

- Media: Employers pay billions every year to media houses to publish their openings on their platforms. The question then is why will they do that? Because the society has changed. In order to reach the persons with the required skills the information has to go deep into the fabrics of the society, reaching all and sundry. The employers want the best, and they are willing to pay whatever it costs to get it. The question is, are you willing to connect with them on such platform at any cost?

- Internet: Social isolation has made people to be physically alienated from one another. It is becoming more and more difficult to know what your next door neighbor is doing or offering without the internet. People now spend more time interacting online than offline. Billions of jobs are posted on the internet every year. You could even work and earn money without seeing your employer.

- Professionals: “The secrets of the lord are with his prophets”, says the holy book. The secrets of employers are with some professionals (like CV writers, recruitment agencies etc). Sometimes they have information about an opening that is yet to be announced. When you use their services, you are bound to get these privileged information.

- Some key individuals: Many people are given slots by organizations to bring certain number(s) of persons for recruitment. You will do well to recognize these people. Some are even closer to you than you imagined. You may start by looking at the village head(s), religious leader(s), high ranking employees in an organisation, market heads and so on.

Source: https://patrickokunima.com/2018/02/09/where-to-locate-jobs-for-job-seekers/

3 Likes

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 11, 2018
No jobs o. Even if there is, the competition is too much.... and apart from competition, those with connection gets the jobs. The best option for graduate now is to b self employed. Just start small and pray to God. See guys wek no go school de earn over 250k and more monthly in their business while a graduate earns 30-80k monthly and will b happy. This is a stupid mentality that must be broken by all graduates. You can earn a salary of 65k for 2 years and it will take u no where. But if u run a business for same 2 years, you will become a millionaire. After all 90% of the graduates went to school to mk money. If a good job doesn't come, let's not leave the business for those that didn't go to school. They are living fine, buying cars and building houses by just running their business. We graduates can do better. Let's get out from this educated bondage of unemployment and low paid jobs.

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:15am On Feb 11, 2018
strong766:
No jobs o. Even if there is, the competition is too much.... and apart from competition, those with connection gets the jobs. The best option for graduate now is to b self employed. Just start small and pray to God. See guys wek no go school de earn over 250k and more monthly in their business while a graduate earns 30-80k monthly and will b happy. This is a stupid mentality that must be broken by all graduates. You can earn a salary of 65k for 2 years and it will take u no where. But if u run a business for same 2 years, you will become a millionaire. After all 90% of the graduates went to school to mk money. If a good job doesn't come, let's not leave the business for those that didn't go to school. They are living fine, buying cars and building houses by just running their business. We graduates can do better. Let's get out from this educated bondage of unemployment and low paid jobs.

You're correct. But business requires money, which most job seekers do not have.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 11, 2018
PatrickOkunima:

You're correct. But business requires money, which most job seekers do not have.
bro...let me tell u the truth. I strongly believe that if a job seeker ask friends, family members and relations for help on their required capital, they will get it if only they are really serious abt going into business.... I am starting mine as soon as possible. Enough is enough...money must be made in anyways possible not necessarily by going to school and getting a job....even when the job is not coming and even when it comes in a low pay form, some people will still be satisfied working for 2-5 years earning their penny instead of fasttracking their money money objectives by starting up a business or resigning and doing something else.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Kmartt(m): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Well said.
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by kolawoleibukun: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
all the jobs they said that they created are jobs created by the hustlers that they are hinting down. Is it not shameful that Kano Nwankwo brought his hard-earned money down to Nigeria to invest in this country and his investment was seized by this government over a petty thing? He could have invested his cash in Europe, pay tax there and earn his return there.
na blogging be job?

where really are the jobs that this government created?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by nonut: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
There are jobs, but can you humble yourself to work?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by ladeb: 5:16pm On Feb 23, 2018
i don't knw
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Koolking(m): 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
There are jobs to go round in Nigeria. They seems scarce because:

- You need the right connection

- Most job seekers are not employable. Most of them are waste of resources trying to employ them.

- Job seekers think money first, instead of service thereby making jobs not worthwhile, therefore jobs elude most.

- Think outside the box, you will have the right job. You can not do the same thing every time and expect a different result.

- Entrepreneurship and employment are just a flip of switch. These are choices available at our disposal.

- Favour and grace are destinies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Dontquit: 5:17pm On Feb 23, 2018
strong766:
bro...let me tell u the truth. I strongly believe that if a job seeker ask friends, family members and relations for help on their required capital, they will get it if only they are really serious abt going into business.... I am starting mine as soon as possible. Enough is enough...money must be made in anyways possible not necessarily by going to school and getting a job....even when the job is not coming and even when it comes in a low pay form, some people will still be satisfied working for 2-5 years earning their penny instead of fasttracking their money money objectives by starting up a business or resigning and doing something else.

Speak for urself bros...u don't know what some go tru before obtaining that kpali.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Accscholar: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
There are jobs only in consulting and banks. Big four firms, Access bank and co.

Anything outside that, no! Especially if you studied Engineering, you’d be forced to go to Big Four or a bank.

By the way, since that FPSO landed in Nigeria, TOTAL has not blinked light on recruitment. Who will run that ship? That Nigeria sef. Better leave!

3 Likes

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by corperscorner: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2018
The only jobs available are the ones you can create...

3 Likes

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by kelvinklein219(m): 5:19pm On Feb 23, 2018
True that
Me i am just in need of a job currently preferably in I.T sector.
You apply for jobs and its like you are ghost.. Zero recognition undecided
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Stallion93(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2018
The thing is Nigeria is a backward place, we don't move at the same pace with the world, Since the inception of Digital technology to the world the westerners made sure Internet and electricity becomes readily available for thier citizens at affordable prices not here where Electricity is still a Topic for discussion at the senate, talk about Internet. No use talking about "Online online in Nigeria plz" there are no jobs whatsoever.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by sorry1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
That's what you say when you've got a job

1 Like

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Albert0011(m): 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2018
Thank God i ran away from Nigeria since...making my cool money jejely here in Salzburg Austria.

6 Likes

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Histrings08(m): 5:25pm On Feb 23, 2018
Someone said d competition is too much
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Jethrolite(m): 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
Accscholar:
There are jobs only in consulting and banks. Big four firms, Access bank and co.

Anything outside that, no! Especially if you studied Engineering, you’d be forced to go to Big Four or a bank.

By the way, since that FPSO landed in Nigeria, TOTAL has not blinked light on recruitment. Who will run that ship? That Nigeria sef. Better leave!
Sounding your opinion like it's fact. Go take a peek in telecoms and servicing companies so you start seeing a clearer picture.
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by bigpicture001: 5:26pm On Feb 23, 2018
PatrickOkunima:

..but govt offered them the money at the NYSC camp as loans in exchange for their discharge certificate, but they still declined to take it..graduates are stereotyped jare!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Doerstech(m): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
I
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Gkay1(m): 5:27pm On Feb 23, 2018
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by gunners160(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2018
PatrickOkunima:

Yes business requires money but most business requires skills..But the big question is,how many people are ready to sacrifice and learn the skills required?

1 Like

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by hedonistic: 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
Smh. Think outside the box. Go out more often. Get inspired, and get desperate. Your eyes would open and you'd despise the very idea of having a mumu salaried job in this shithole country. It's all in your head.

4 Likes

Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by Ejadike(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2018
Albert0011:
Thank God i ran away from Nigeria since...making my cool money jejely here in Salzburg Austria.
I've been thinking of that country lately. What is the best way of getting there? I mean the kind of Visa and how much etc..
Re: Are There Jobs? If Yes, Where Are They? by GloriaNinja(f): 5:34pm On Feb 23, 2018
Albert0011:
you are lucky o, Nigeria is hell

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mtn Online Vacancies! Apply Now! / Employment Opportunity In Days Hotel Montreal Canada! / Flour Mills Of Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.