Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos (31025 Views)

Nurse Set To Divorce Her Husband For Wanting To Pursue The Same Career As Hers / How Can I Do Away With My Wife? ( Correct Or Divorce Her) / I Would Divorce Her- My Wife Is Callous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

OK, may you give birth to an SS child, so that you will understand what people are talking about. Say Amen!
if in nigeria you are doing genotype testing before marriage you are the only ones doing it. america, australia, russia, all the countries are not doing it. coz its a shiity thing to do.noone else is that crazy
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

So why are you afraid of saying Amen?
come on! you appear very educated, don't ruin it with the believe that An Amen will change anything!

if it makes you feel better and helps with your believes here you have it. Amen! grin

why would you even wish anyone to have a sickle cell child just because they disagree with you or have an opinion on sickle cell issues? undecided
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Kennydoc(m): 2:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
Cromcruach91:

I know of two families in the same situation

Both As

Family 1: Had five kids, two SS , one died.

Family2. Six kids, five AA and one SS with factor F.

And now we have IVF which can be used to reduce the risks.

Still, the man should have told the truth

Normal IVF is expensive and doesn't even guarantee pregnancy (beyond a chance of 50%). I know a lady who got pregnant naturally the first time after her wedding. When the child was less than 2 years, she tried IVF simply because she wanted to have twins. That IVF failed woefully.

Secondly, normal IVF alone cannot be used to screen out sickle cell embryos. You need to add what is called PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis). PGD is extremely expensive, and is only done in a few centres in Nigeria. Despite the cost, the pregnancy might still fail.

Why go thru all this stress to avoid something that would have been avoided for free?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 2:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

if in nigeria you are doing genotype testing before marriage you are the only ones doing it. america, australia, russia, all the countries are not doing it. coz its a shiity thing to do.noone else is that crazy
It is done in America. And SS is prevalent among Blacks, not Caucasians.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 2:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Kennydoc:
Normal IVF is expensive and doesn't even guarantee pregnancy (beyond a chance of 50%). I know a lady who got pregnant naturally the first time after her wedding. When the child was less than 2 years, she tried IVF simply because she wanted to have twins. That IVF failed woefully.

Secondly, normal IVF alone cannot be used to screen out sickle cell embryos. You need to add what is called PGD (preimplantation genetic diagnosis). PGD is extremely expensive, and is only done in a few centres in Nigeria. Despite the cost, the pregnancy might still fail.

Why go thru all this stress to avoid something that would have been avoided for free?
Thank you for educating the clueless, my brother!
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by MamaOO: 2:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

I am sure that if it were possible to do genotype testing to avoid bringing a child with Down's syndrome into the world, many people would do it.

But for Sickle-cell, a simple, inexpensive genotype test exists, that prospective parents can take, to avoid bringing SS children into the world. That is why in this day and age, it is sad if parents still go ahead deliberately to have SS kids, when they could have avoided it.

If you are bi-polar it would explain why you have been giving such strange responses on this thread. Please take your medications. Accept my sympathy on your condition.
It’s actually possible to test for Down’s syndrome and other defects before the baby is born as well. There is this thing called the “Nuchal Translucency Test” which is a combination of blood tests and an ultrasound. It is done in the second trimester of pregnancy.... 20 weeks or thereabouts. It tests the amount of fluid behind the fetus’ neck and it gives the odds of the baby having Down’s syndrome. If there is a high risk, the might do additional testing where they insert a needle and collect sample of the amniotic fluid to be certain the baby ha Down’s syndrome or some other stuff. And if it’s indeed true, they tell the parents and give them a chance to decide if they want to keep the baby or not.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 2:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
LaudableXX:

It is done in America. And SS is prevalent among Blacks, not Caucasians.
dude dont take something done by less than 5% of people and say "its done in america". what percentage of the population is actually doing it.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by MamaOO: 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

Say what you know sir. It is done in America. When you’re pregnant too. And like someone said, blacks have a much much higher rate of sickle cell, so it is especially encouraged for us. And if you’re from sub-Saharan Africa, you have a even greater risk. My OB wouldn’t even commence any pre-Batals on me until my genotype testing result was out. And mind you, my OB isn’t black. Cystic fibrosis testing is usually done for whites, cos they have a much higher percentage of having it.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 2:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
MamaOO:

Say what you know sir. It is done in America. When you’re pregnant too. And like someone said, blacks have a much much higher rate of sickle cell, so it is especially encouraged for us.
done by how many people per 100 than you can shout it like its something normal like immunisation??
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by MamaOO: 2:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

done by how many people per 100 than you can shout it like its something normal like immunisation??
I updated my earlier post. Check it out.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

oh please !!!old time people were stronger than the weakling crybabies i see today.its funny coz before this genotype nonsense babies were stronger. now with all the healthcare babies are weak as jelly.look at any old time photo and see just how strong humans used to be. this genotype rubbish will get you acting like iidiots
this is precisely what i have been trying to Articulate, our parents gave birth us without comparing genotype and i am still here After 30 years without SS.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
MamaOO:

I updated my earlier post. Check it out.
i see the update but im not seeing numbers and statistics.
how many people per 100 are doing genotype testing in america that you have to make so much noise about it??
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:

dude dont take something done by less than 5% of people and say "its done in america". what percentage of the population is actually doing it.
i wonder o! i mean, i meet a girl i like. she likes me, we end up in bed, she gets pregnant. suddenly we are like what? shocked damm! we didn't check our genotype! oh! shiit!

now, how many couples will genotype come to their minds before jumping into bed with each other?

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 2:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
gypsey:
i wonder o! i mean, i meet a girl i like she likes me, we end up in bed, she gets pregnant. suddenly we are like what? shocked damm! we didn't check our genotype! oh! shiit!

now, how many couples will genotype come to their minds before jumping into bed with each other?
my niggar!!

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by LaudableXX: 2:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
MamaOO:

It’s actually possible to test for Down’s syndrome and other defects before the baby is born as well. There is this thing called the “Nuchal Translucency Test” which is a combination of blood tests and an ultrasound. It is done in the second trimester of pregnancy.... 20 weeks or thereabouts. It tests the amount of fluid behind the fetus’ neck and it gives the odds of the baby having Down’s syndrome. If there is a high risk, the might do additional testing where they insert a needle and collect sample of the amniotic fluid to be certain the baby ha Down’s syndrome or some other stuff. And if it’s indeed true, they tell the parents and give them a chance to decide if they want to keep the baby or not.
OK, thanks for the info.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by bmos(m): 3:00pm On Feb 10, 2018
I know of two families in the same situation
Both As
Family 1: Had five kids, two SS , one died.
Family2. Six kids, five AA and one SS with factor F.
And now we have IVF which can be used to reduce the risks.

MY TESTIMONY
Wife & I are both AS. Never knew abt the test. We had 4 kids. The 3rd AS. She is 17 now. Before 9 months, symptoms of SS began. 2-3am and we were still carrying this baby on our shoulders crying. Then one wee hour, i honestly knelt down with the baby (named Revival b4 birth). With her on my shoulder as usual, and eyes raised to heaven, I told God to do an exchange there and there. My life must go in place of my daughter. My wife stood silently behind me listening. A great peace came upon me after saying that. There was this Pastor in Calabar then - a mean pastor whose word do not fall to the ground. That night, a silent voice spoke into my wife's heart to visit the Man of God (MOG). It took 2 weeks to give that a try. Process of seeing that MOG took half day. We got to the Church at Musaha 5am and saw him with Revival on my shoulder @ 5pm. Then he listened to us. He prayed for just 2 mins and asked us to go. That week, it was like hell broke lose with Revival becoming violently sick. Next 'seeing' day, we again went to see the MOG. When he saw us, he raised his voice saying, 'My brother you came again for same problem?' Then i saw the 'holy' anger in him. He again prayed for abt 2 mins and assured us we wont come for same problem again. True true, we never went back for Revival became WHOLE till today. No symptom of SS of any kind. Very brainy and loves God. Revival wont pray any how but when she does, be sure you are getting answers. Her dreams do not miss the mark. God talks to us through her too. JUST HAVE FAITH IN GOD if your child is SS.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by lilyheaven: 3:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:
she is too shallow and vain, not to mention petty. smh

Wow! You just said she is too shallow,
do you know what it means to carry a pregnancy for 9 good months, just for the baby to turn out a sicklier, hmmm.
I don't even wish it for my enemy.
Baby boy, it's such a painful experience
I know you don't understand.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 3:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
lilyheaven:

Wow! You just said she is too shallow,
do you know what it means to carry a pregnancy for 9 good months, just for the baby to turn out a sicklier, hmmm.
I don't even wish it for my enemy.
Baby boy, it's such a painful experience
I know you don't understand.
why exactly dont i understand ??
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by godofuck231: 3:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
Angelanest:
see more >>> https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/pregnant-woman-plans-divorce-husband-lying-genotype-screenshots.html
Pls send your house address, am sending 5 ladies to him and pls let me know the date of the divorce, your case is very bad I think you should get another husband,
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by tytunji29(m): 4:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
pocohantas:
Hmmm, I didn't know men tell lies too to get a wife. I thought we are the only ones scared of menopause and loneliness lipsrsealed

Didn't they do those [compulsory] medical tests before [church] marriage?

Anyway,her reason for wanting this divorce is very sensible.
For the sake of her unborn kids.
madam d guy is a disgrace to manhood I will neva lie to a lady for marriage. Y wud u do dat sef
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by cooltola(m): 4:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
You know what can be really ironic. If this lady seeking divorce remarries an AS. People need to chill with AS. Beside half of Nigerians have sickle cell traits in their blood just a reality.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Nobody: 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
pocohantas:
Hmmm, I didn't know men tell lies too to get a wife. I thought we are the only ones scared of menopause and loneliness lipsrsealed

Didn't they do those [compulsory] medical tests before [church] marriage?

Anyway,her reason for wanting this divorce is very sensible.
For the sake of her unborn kids.
He lied cause of his genotype, imagine meeting someone you love but can't marry because of genotype.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Shollyfaith(f): 6:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
It's not funny @all.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by nkechiblessing: 6:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
why both of them did not conduct text before the marriage at the first place
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by OILOFGLADNESS: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
THIS IS EXACTLY THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN GIRLS AND LADIES
MEN GO FOR LADIES THAT WONT STAND THEIR GROUND

WHY DO MEN ALWAYS LIE ABOUT THEIR GENOTYPE,

I HAVE HAD TO FORCE 3 MEN , I MEAN 3 OF THEM TO DO GENOTYPE TEST FOR ME TO SEE, AFTER THEY CLAIMED THEY HAVE DONE AND THEY ARE SURE.

THE WORST AND ANNOYING OF THEM ALL IS THAT AT THE AGE OF 35, A GRADUATE WORKING, WITH MASTERS DEGREE NEVER KNEW HIS REAL GENOTYPE, PARABLATING ABOUT WITH MY PAPA SAY, MY RESULT DURING ADMISSION SAY..

FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GENOTYPE TEST IS JUST 1K

THE QUESTION THEY WILL ALWAYS ASK, AH BABY DOES THIS CHANGE? I THOUGHT, I THINK, THEY SAY, MTCHEEEWW.....

MY DEAR THERE IS NOTHING GOD CANT DO, IF THERE IS LOVE, ESPECIALLY IF THE GUY LOVES YOU, DONT WORRY. YOU HAVE 2 SAFE CHANCES, LETS BELIEVE THIS IS ONE OF THEM. PRAYER CAN DO IT, NO PANICK DEAR.
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by Dcholeric: 11:10pm On Feb 10, 2018
ubunja:
she is too shallow and vain, not to mention petty. smh
my man grin
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by lereinter(m): 11:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
selfish wicked man
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by lilyheaven: 12:13am On Feb 11, 2018
Only a woman will understand
ubunja:

why exactly dont i understand ??
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by ubunja(m): 1:03am On Feb 11, 2018
lilyheaven:
Only a woman will understand
take your sexist attitude and go hang
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by lilyheaven: 1:44am On Feb 11, 2018
ubunja:

take your sexist attitude and go hang
Anu ewu
Re: Pregnant Woman Plans To Divorce Her Husband For Lying About His Genotype. Photos by MarilynNash(f): 7:06am On Feb 11, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:
dont tell us, dont plan, just divorce why dont u shut up, must u tell us.
Did she come to tell you? Aren't you the busy body who opened the thread and commented on it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / My Wife Demands For Lab Test Most Times When One Is Not Cheating / My 10-Year-Old Cousin Smokes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.