Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,524 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:09 PM

Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison (5037 Views)

Pastor Olakunle Beloved: Sex Before Marriage Is Not Sin (Video) / How Do You Feel After Speaking In Tongue? / Daddy Freeze: "Speaking In Tongues In Nigerian Churches Is Fake” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 10, 2018
Speaking In Tongue:A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison

One of the grandest deceptions to ever find its way into the bloodstream of Christian theology and lifestyle is the Pentecostal teaching on 'speaking in tongues'.

My oh my, so many Pentecostal pastors are going to end up in hell because of this false demonic teaching alone. I was once fooled by the same demonic teaching and I also thought that forcefully uttering some unintelligible and undecipherable gibberish makes me 'spirit-filled'. That's the usual lie. It might as well mean you are full of shit!

The concept of 'speaking in other tongues' - which is archaic King James English for speaking in unknown languages - remains one of the most popular and most abused legacies of modern Pentecostalism.

Here are a few truths everyone needs to know about this phenomenon in the New Testament (sorry I won't be referencing Scripture but they are all scriptural. Kindly consult Pauline Epistles);

1. Speaking in unknown/other tongues is ONE OF THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. It is certainly NOT a proof that you have the Holy Spirit. It's just one of His gifts. Jesus had the Holy Spirit without measure, yet there was no mention of him speaking any other languages other than Hebrew or Aramaic. That is very important because it means you can be 1000% filled with God's Spirit and not speak in other tongues. This is the opposite of what Pentecostal pastors teach.

2. Speaking in unknown/other tongues is NOT COMPULSORY. Yes, utterly not compulsory. This makes sense because it is A GIFT entirely at the discretion of the Holy Spirit. Hence, any pastor that tells you that you are not born again or spirit filled until you utter some tired meaningless gibberish compulsorily is under the influence of demons. Yes I said so.

3. Speaking in unknown/other tongues by FORCE (as taught in most Pentecostal churches today) is an invitation to other spirits to hijack God's gift. Now this is where we get into dangerous territories.

In 99% of Pentecostal churches people are taught to believe that a Christian who does not speak and PRAY in tongues is sort of unsaved or unspiritual. Consequently, members and new converts are made to go through a contrived program which climaxes in a special session that ensures that everyone can speak and pray in tongues. You don't 'graduate' from that program until you can impress your handlers with some gibberish. Funny right?

We have reduced God's gift to a curriculum and course content. You must speak in tongues by force or coercion or you don't graduate.

Abuses then set in. And where abuses are replete, demons breed. It's like rotten decaying matter which must breed maggots. Demons take advantage of their appetite to speak in tongues BY ALL MEANS and then hijack their tongues. The moment they try to force the hand of the Holy Spirit He recoils because He doesn't strife; thus making room for other spirits to take over. This is scary stuff but it's how spiritual transactions work. There can be no vacuum.

4. Speaking in unknown tongues is NOT the same as Praying. Sadly today, the only time people speak in tongues is when they pray. In fact, speaking in tongues has become some sort of 'punctuation marks' and 'interludes' of praying. In other words, when people don't know what to pray for and how to pray they seek cover in tongues. This is regrettable. People don't even pray anymore. They just rant in some unintelligible and meaningless gibberish that leave the Trinity and Angels confused.

Mysteries, Prophecies and Counsel can be uttered in unknown tongues. It's not only about praying.

5. Speaking in unknown tongues aloud is NOT ALLOWED in the Church UNLESS you can interpret or there's an interpreter. This is clearly and unambiguously written in Scripture, yet Pentecostal pastors just gloss over it to their shame.

In the Early First Century Church of the Apostles of Christ, you were only allowed to utter unknown languages by the Holy Spirit PROVIDED you also have the gift of interpretation (yes interpretation too is a gift) or there's a gifted interpreter in the assembly. Is this what we observe today? Never! This brings me to my final and sacrosanct point.

6. Speaking in unknown tongues even under the influence of the Holy Spirit CAN BE CONTROLLED! Anyone who says he cannot help but shout and utter gibberish in the name of God is a liar. The spirit of a prophet is subject to a prophet. Gyrating and hyper ventilating uncontrollably in the name of speaking in tongues and being spirit filled is not of God. Most likely another spirit has taken over his faculties. ONE OF THE FRUITS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IS SELF CONTROL!

Let these sink in.

May God forgive pastors who teach otherwise and peddle a great lie.

this post was written by olakunle allison NOT STEPHENMORRIS-he can be reached on facebook with the same name

source-https://www.metrodailies.com/religion/speaking-tongue-great-lie-olakunle-allison/

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by greatnaija01: 11:36am On Feb 10, 2018
lol.... am shocked how you took time to show your hatred for biblical truths. ANYWAY... If all pastors who wrote miracles and demonstrated the clear fruit of the spirit without being as judgmental as yourself, if they are in HELL then no wahala. It is well.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Nutase: 11:45am On Feb 10, 2018
When people talk about what they have no understanding....... grin

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by paxonel(m): 12:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
Tongue speaking is absolute deception when the speaker have no interpretation

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by divinehand2003(m): 12:18pm On Feb 10, 2018
Please, do well to back your analysis with quoted scriptural verses to give more credence to your argument.

Besides, once any doctrine isn't mentioned in the scriptures, we won't believe.

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 3:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
divinehand2003:
Please, do well to back your analysis with quoted scriptural verses to give more credence to your argument.

Besides, once any doctrine isn't mentioned in the scriptures, we won't believe.
And when you pray,
do not babble on like pagans,
for they think that by their many words they will be heard.

- Matthew 6:7

It has to be said,
babbling that what was practised in the ancient world, which is glossalia, did predate the occurrence of speaking in tongues that happened on Pentecost day.

20th/21st century Christians however,
openly and without any sense of embarrassment, did not only hijack glossalia (i.e. babbling) but took ownership of it,
to pass, as speaking in tongues

The sad thing is, the one thing Jesus Christ warned against, as seen in Matthew 6:7 above, not to do,
is exactly just what Christians have taken a shine and delight to.

stephenmorris, by the way, presented factuals actually and not analysis.

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by NPComplete: 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
Speaking in tongues is the laziest thing invented in modern Christianity. When I was in school we used to have a lot of clowns especially from BLW who would fornicate day and night but can speak in tongues and will try to force u to speak in tongues on the spot whenever they preach to u. The real power they were supposed to be able to demonstrate according to the bible has been very elusive so they have all opted for the lazy one: tongues.

Any drunk methhead can even speak in tongues using the Christian formula. Just say some "zuba kuta ruba ruba shege robo siaka" yeah. grin

What can modern Christians even do? Can anyone tell me of any singular believable miracle these guys are capable of?
Move mountains? No.
Tread on scorpions? No.
Pick up poisonous snakes? No
Drink any deadly thing? No.

So what can they do?
Speak in lazy inscrutable tongues that even God and the angels do not understand? Check.
Give prophecies that is less accurate than Google trends? Check.
Shave and bath random homeless people with intermittent occasions of mild insanity and claim they healed them? Check.

With all this, can anyone tell me the difference between modern Christianity and a circus show?

7 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Emmanystone: 4:34pm On Feb 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
And when you pray,

It has to be said,
babbling that what was practised in the ancient world, which is glossalia, did predate the occurrence of speaking in tongues that happened on Pentecost day.

openly and without any sense of embarrassment, did not only hijack glossalia (i.e. babbling) but took ownership of it,

The sad thing is, the one thing Jesus Christ warned against, as seen in Matthew 6:7 above, not to do,

Bros, i think you are mistaking 'Speaking in other Tongues, with Speaking in Tongues'.

Paul was not present in the gathering on the day of Pentecost, but he claimed to have spoken in tongues more than everyone else.

Paul encourages us to speak in Tongues, and to sing in Tongues. When we speak in Tongues, we talk to God, not to Men.

4 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 5:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
Emmanystone:
Bros, i think you are mistaking 'Speaking in other Tongues, with Speaking in Tongues'
"Omi ẹko, ẹko nọni"
Oya Ishilove to the rescue,
don't worry sis, at this rate before you'll know,
you too will be fluently speaking the tongue without the need to reach out to Ishilove for interpretation whenever I slide in the lingo

Emmanystone:
Paul was not present in the gathering on the day of Pentecost,
but he claimed to have spoken in tongues more than everyone else
Sis, it's a statement of fact.
In regards to those present at Corinth, Paul converses in more languages than any of the believers there

Emmanystone:
Paul encourages us to speak in Tongues, and to sing in Tongues
Please put forward the exact scriptures you based this remark on because you, I, we and almost everyone already are speak and sing in intelligible language(s)

I want an exhaustive list of all the translated versions of the scripture. Thanks.

Emmanystone:
When we speak in Tongues, we talk to God, not to Men
Sis, sister,
my sister, do you see any changes on the appearance of your nose?
How, how do you say: "When we speak in Tongues, we talk to God, not to Men"

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Emmanystone: 8:29pm On Feb 10, 2018
Please put forward the exact scriptures you based this remark on because you, I, we and almost everyone already are speak and sing in intelligible language(s)

I want an exhaustive list of all the translated versions of the scripture. Thanks.

Sis, sister,
my sister, do you see any changes on the appearance of your nose? [/quote]
MuttleyLaff:

don't worry sis, at this rate before you'll know,
you too will be fluently speaking the tongue without the need to reach out to Ishilove for interpretation whenever I slide in the lingo
In other words, i shd take a lesson in Yoruba abi? I see. If i begin nack my own here now.
MuttleyLaff:

Sis, it's a statement of fact.
In regards to those present at Corinth, Paul converses in more languages than any of the believers there
I don't know why, but as i'm going into this discussion, i'm losing my peace. Pls let me stop here.

God bless.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2018
Emmanystone:
In other words, i shd take a lesson in Yoruba abi? I see.
If i begin nack my own here now.
Two options
1)Take a lesson in Yoruba,
but pray you will speak in the tongue without needing Ishilove to assist with interpretation

2) Have the gift of Yoruba tongue
and pray that you'll be able to explain the meaning of what you've spoken

Emmanystone:
I don't know why, but as i'm going into this discussion, i'm losing my peace.
It is a good thing and a right sign that the discussion isnt putting you at ease

Emmanystone:
Pls let me stop here.
God bless.
One thing you can be certain of, is, I am not, will not lead you or anyone else, for that matter, astray
You'll only come out better, stronger, more effective in your prayer life and wise

I remember 15 years ago, when I used drive my elder kid to boarding house.
It was a 3 hours back to back journey
and right from from leaving the driveway, it was me behind the steering wheel, "speaking in tongue" all throughout the entire journey
My elder kid used to watch me like what is going on Dad
and I go like, dont worry about it kiddo, I am praying

I know about what you think is "speaking in tongue" .
I've been there, sold it, done it and had that "speaking in tongue" T-shirt
So I know and can say a bit and more about it

When you're ready, you know where to find and how to engage me
We can even do it, a la Nicodemus style, in camera
Yorubas will say, "Ti ogun ẹ ni ba dani loju, a maa nfi gba ori"
Goshen360

2 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Ronpet777(m): 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
stephenmorris:
Speaking In Tongue:A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison

One of the grandest deceptions to ever find its way into the bloodstream of Christian theology and lifestyle is the Pentecostal teaching on 'speaking in tongues'.

U absolutely don't knw Wot u r saying. u found it very difficult to quote scriptures, and when u did it was not correlated with ur point. U said Jesus never spoke in tongues, how cud he? The Holy Spirit only descended after Jesus left and first manifested among the disciples in d upper room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ronpet777:
U absolutely don't knw Wot u r saying.
u found it very difficult to quote scriptures, and when u did it was not correlated with ur point.
U said Jesus never spoke in tongues, how cud he?
It's obvious it's actually you who doesn't know anything at all about what you're trying to get involved in

Ronpet777:
The Holy Spirit only descended after Jesus left and first manifested among the disciples in d upper room.
Please give the list of all the tongues that were spoken by the disciples in the upper room among the pilgrims present that came for the Jewish feast of Pentecost?
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Ronpet777(m): 9:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It's obvious it's actually you who doesn't know anything at all about what you're trying to get involved in

Please give the list of all the tongues that were spoken by the disciples in the upper room among the pilgrims present that came for the Jewish feast of Pentecost?
Wot dumb question is this Pls sir, wot does d various tongues that was spoken that day got to do with d fact Dt ur topic is meaningless
I will save my energy for better things than this. I will leave u with d gullible folks that care to listen to ur unfounded and unintelligent hypothesis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 9:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ronpet777:
Wot dumb question is this
Pls sir, wot does d various tongues that was spoken that day got to do with d fact Dt ur topic is meaningless

Ronpet777:
I will save my energy for better things than this.
I will leave u with d gullible folks that care to listen to ur unfounded and unintelligent hypothesis.
What an excuse.
Using one of the oldest and tired cop out lines of the book
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Ishilove: 10:46pm On Feb 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I remember 15 years ago, when I used drive my elder kid to boarding house.
It was a 3 hours back to back journey
and right from from leaving the driveway, it was me behind the steering wheel, "speaking in tongue" all throughout the entire journey
My elder kid used to watch me like what is going on Dad
and I go like, dont worry about it kiddo, I am praying

I know about what you think is "speaking in tongue" .
I've been there, sold it, done it and had that "speaking in tongue" T-shirt
So I know and can say a bit and more about it

Emmanystone, we have an elder here. I never knew Muttleylaff can born us. cheesy

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ishilove:
Emmanystone, we have an elder here. I never knew Muttleylaff can born us. cheesy
Dont mind Emmanystone ojaare
She forced my hand and so had to break one of my golden rules.
Which one of them is: Do not give unsolicited information

Enough of self disclosure
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Emmanystone: 10:57pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ishilove:

Mehnnn. The guy drove his eldest kid to boarding school 15 yrs ago. Hmm., na him i dey follow am argue? No be my mate oo.

Oga Mudttleylaff sorry for my banters o.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Ishilove: 10:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

I'm glad you did, sir smiley
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2018
Emmanystone:
Mehnnn.
The guy drove his eldest kid to boarding school 15 yrs ago. Hmm., na him i dey follow am argue? No be my mate oo.

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Ishilove: 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2018
Emmanystone:

Mehnnn. The guy drove his eldest kid to boarding school 15 yrs ago. Hmm., na him i dey follow am argue? No be my mate oo.

It's a lesson. Not everyone on Nairaland is a kid. Henceforth I will be careful how I abuse people here o because I fit dey abuse my papa mate and my folks didn't raise me to disrespect my elders cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Emmanystone: 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Yahhhhh. Sir sir. I hail o.

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Ishilove: 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Hmmmm...I hope you aren't pulling our legs? angry
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ishilove:
I'm glad you did, sir smiley
Now I am not going to live it down

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Ishilove: 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Now I am not going to live it down
Indeed you won't wink wink kiss

*evil grin*

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
This kind of speaking in tongues in some congregation today is a customised and upgraded incantation done in those days by the ignorant herbalist.

Words that has no bearing.

The Holy Spirit can enable me to speak in Chineese tongue in other for me to declare JESUS to them, that is the kind of speaking in tongues that Jesus promises His believers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 12:13am On Feb 11, 2018
MizMyColi:
Hehehhehehe
*Evil grin*
At least I've not wrapped you around my fingers yet cheesy
Breathe, juuust breathe cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ishilove:
Indeed you won't wink wink kiss
*evil grin*
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Once Evil grin bitten.
Twice Evil grin shy
Thrice Evil grin's not going to happen

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Kolanist(m): 12:16am On Feb 11, 2018
I just dont want u to decieve other people .here is proof even from the scripture of the validity of speaking&praying in tonges openly.
There is nothing wrong in PRAYING in tongues aloud in the church.it is just that when ever u pray in an unknown tongue in the church try to pray in a known tongue also~1CORINTHIANS 14:14-17. There is a difference between PRAYING in tongues(1CORINTHIANS 14:14-15) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES WITHOUT INTERPRETATION FOR UNBELIEVERS TO HEAR (1CORINTHIANS 14:21-22) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES TO MAGNIFY\PRAISE\TELL OF GOD'S WONDERS\WORSHIP\ which is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism(ACTS 2:1-15; ACTS 10:44-46 ) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION FOR BELIEVERS TO HEAR(1CORINTHIANS 14:27-28). Every christian can PRAY in tongues(it is called PRAYER LANGUAGE)&all can speak in tongues for unbelievers to hear and all SHOULD speak in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\(this is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism) but not all christians can SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION(it is a specific gift of the spirit in 1CORINTHIANS 12:10&30). If the bible condems speaking in tongue openly for unbelievers to hear why does it say in 1CORINTIANS 14:21-22 that "with men of other tongues will i SPEAK UNTO THIS PEOPLE yet they will not hear wherefore tongues is a SIGN TO UNBELIEVER" . If tongues is a sign to unbelievers as the scripture says, how will they hear it as a sign to them if it is not spoken openly to them or for them to hear. 1CORINTHIANS 14:39 says "........FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES" .Even in the first church, they ALL spoke with tongues to tell of God's wonders for the unbelievers to hear(ACTS 2:1-15).The fact is this, if ALL of them were not speaking in tongues in the first church during penticost, why did the people MOCK THEM SAYING THEY WERE DRUNK OF WINE in ACTS 2:13-15 ,if they were all speaking with understanding the people would not have said they were drunk ,this is what happened in Cornelius's house(ACTS 10:44-46). This is proof of the validity of speaking and praying in tongues openly .SPEAKING in tongues(without interpretation) should be done for unbelievers;SPEAKING in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\ SHOULD be done any were by all believers(any were,in &outside the church) but SPEAKING in tongues for interpretation(with an interpreter)(not all believers can do this) can be done in the church, there is the speaking with TONGUES OF ANGELS in 1CORINTHIANS 13:1 which i guess no man can understand, PRAYING in an unknown tongue can be done every were(in and outside the church) but try to pray with a known tongue as also with the unknown
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by Honesty007(m): 12:33am On Feb 11, 2018
you just blasphemed the Holyspirit and insulted him.no forgiveness in this world.by saying tongues a work of the holyspirit is a lie,there is no forgiveness.
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by MuttleyLaff: 1:17am On Feb 11, 2018
Kolanist:
I just dont want u to decieve other people .
here is proof even from the scripture of the validity of speaking & praying in tonges openly.
There is nothing wrong in PRAYING in tongues aloud in the church.

it is just that when ever u pray in an unknown tongue in the church try to pray in a known tongue also~1CORINTHIANS 14:14-17.

There is a difference between PRAYING in tongues (1 CORINTHIANS 14:14-15) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES WITHOUT INTERPRETATION FOR UNBELIEVERS TO HEAR (1 CORINTHIANS 14:21-22) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES TO MAGNIFY\PRAISE\TELL OF GOD'S WONDERS\WORSHIP\ which is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism(ACTS 2:1-15; ACTS 10:44-46 ) and SPEAKING IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION FOR BELIEVERS TO HEAR (1 CORINTHIANS 14:27-28).

Every christian can PRAY in tongues (it is called PRAYER LANGUAGE) & all can speak in tongues for unbelievers to hear and all SHOULD speak in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\ (this is the evidence of The Holy Spirit baptism)
but not all christians can SPEAK IN TONGUES FOR INTERPRETATION(it is a specific gift of the spirit in 1 CORINTHIANS 12:10&30).

If the bible condems speaking in tongue openly for unbelievers to hear why does it say in 1 CORINTIANS 14:21-22 that "with men of other tongues will i SPEAK UNTO THIS PEOPLE yet they will not hear wherefore tongues is a SIGN TO UNBELIEVER" .
If tongues is a sign to unbelievers as the scripture says, how will they hear it as a sign to them if it is not spoken openly to them or for them to hear. 1 CORINTHIANS 14:39 says "........FORBID NOT TO SPEAK WITH TONGUES" .

Even in the first church, they ALL spoke with tongues to tell of God's wonders for the unbelievers to hear (ACTS 2:1-15).
The fact is this, if ALL of them were not speaking in tongues in the first church during penticost, why did the people MOCK THEM SAYING THEY WERE DRUNK OF WINE in ACTS 2:13-15 ,
if they were all speaking with understanding the people would not have said they were drunk, this is what happened in Cornelius's house
(ACTS 10:44-46).

This is proof of the validity of speaking and praying in tongues openly.
SPEAKING in tongues (without interpretation) should be done for unbelievers;
SPEAKING in tongues to praise\magnify\tell of God's wonders\worship\ SHOULD be done any were by all believers (any were,in &outside the church) but SPEAKING in tongues for interpretation(with an interpreter) (not all believers can do this) can be done in the church,

there is the speaking with TONGUES OF ANGELS in 1 CORINTHIANS 13:1 which i guess no man can understand, PRAYING in an unknown tongue can be done every were(in and outside the church) but try to pray with a known tongue as also with the unknown
SMH. Facepalm. SMH
I have never read nor come across a discombobulated post such as this before
I expect you too, do a runner soon after questions are put to you, just like Ronpet777 earlier did, running away retreating with tail between legs

Honesty007:
you just blasphemed the Holyspirit and insulted him. no forgiveness in this world. by saying tongues a work of the holyspirit is a lie,there is no forgiveness.
I doubt you objectively read OPs post
SMH. The greater the ignorance, the greater the dogmatism.
The thing about the truth is, not a lot of people can handle it

1 Like

Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by jamescross: 3:29am On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:
Tongue speaking is absolute deception when the speaker have no interpretation
so Paul was deceiving himself
Re: Speaking In Tongue; A Great Lie By Olakunle Allison by jamescross: 3:33am On Feb 11, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
And when you pray,

It has to be said,

you highlighted babbling but left out many words

you stated what a thing is not and not fully clarify what exactly it is. so is groaning in the spirit babbling?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does God Exist Within Or Outside The Universe? / The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy / Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilomen Really True Man Of God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.