Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,803 members, 7,798,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (18217 Views)

"How I Got Addicted To Eating Books" - Johnspeak Uwangue / Johnspeak Uwangue: 4 Highly Profitable Talents And How They Work / Johnspeak Uwangue: How I Broke The Chain Of Stagnation In My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:55am On Feb 11, 2018
gypsey:
how did you know i am one? how come? though you didn't believe me Initialy. besides i said my parents are Nigerians. yes! i do all kinda jobs from Road constructions to Lorry and trailer driving, grin

If your parents are Igbos, shouldn't that make you Igbo
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by seguno2: 1:20am On Feb 11, 2018
KevinDein:
Nigerian bosses, especially those in the public sector, live for respect. There, you can asslick your way to the top even if you are a dullard.

Like the Chadian named by Buhari as NIA Director General despite failing promotion exams twice?
Is that why our country is a shittyhole and fantastically corrupt
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by ebonyeyes88(f): 4:49am On Feb 11, 2018
Neyoor:

fake ass but it works smiley
leave me alone
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 8:01am On Feb 11, 2018
ebonyeyes88:
leave me alone

Lol! smiley smiley okay sorry dear!
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by enjay1(m): 8:10am On Feb 11, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Or better still consult "The Mafia Manager:A Guide To The Corporate Machiavelli".

To get to the top is not a matter of morality. The end justifies the means.
please do you have an e-copy of the book, if yes, kindly help a brother out, thanks
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Cebaz(m): 8:50am On Feb 11, 2018
scaramenga:
If you are a gal f*ck everything with a penis if you are a guy go see baba agbelekeje
kai na waoooo
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by iSpread(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2018
gypsey:
i am not on whatsaap
which other platform your on let me know.
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2018
iSpread:

which other platform your on let me know.
Okay, sounds like you are interested in Driving a trailer around Europe, what's your location? if i may.
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 11, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

If your parents are Igbos, shouldn't that make you Igbo
I guess so, i was born in England,
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Afam4eva(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2018
gypsey:
You guess so? WTF?

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:33am On Feb 11, 2018
gypsey:

They are different things.
England is your place of birth, nationality.
Igbo is your heritage.
You don't know these things or what?
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 2:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

They are different things.
England is your place of birth, nationality.
Igbo is your heritage.
You don't know these things or what?
grin grin grin
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
Afam4eva:

You guess so? WTF?
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
gypsey:
grin grin grin

Correct me if I am wrong
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Correct me if I am wrong
you are Right.
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by nightingalee: 10:50am On Feb 12, 2018
sekem:
I am my own boss

Which means I'm already at my own top cheesy

Which means this information doesn't apply to me in any way wink
You'll always need to work with people on different levels, no man is an Island; That being said, you need to have 'basic knowledge' of Human character- what makes people tick, why they act the way they do. How to work with them while advancing your own interest, and a lot more. Never be satisfied with the little you know. The more you broaden your Horizons, the better you get at seizing opportunities to your benefit. #2cent

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Cksmile(m): 11:16am On Feb 12, 2018
Get this book & Read "The Mafia Manager"
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Ramii: 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2018
nice post. it's ignorance to think you can just get to the point by mere brilliance. it take a lot of strategy and manipulation to get to the hems of power. more people need to learn this.
gypsey:
you are Right.

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2018
Ramii:
nice post. it's ignorance to think you can just get to the point by mere brilliance. it take a lot of strategy and manipulation to get to the hems of power. more people need to learn this.

You nailed it bro.
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2018
Cebaz:
kai na waoooo
Na really wa
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by ebonyeyes88(f): 6:38am On Feb 13, 2018
Neyoor:

Lol! smiley smiley okay sorry dear!
am not your dear, I don't like pet names

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 13, 2018
ebonyeyes88:
am not your dear, I don't like pet names

Lol! Okay, pele fine girl. angry
Re: How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2018
JohnspeakU:
How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top at Your Workplace

By Johnspeak Uwangue (Motivator, HR Consultant, Talent Manager and Coach)

The goal of most employees is to successfully climb to the top of the ladder at their workplace. For you to know how happy people can be when they get promoted, is when you see them at the altar in churches every Sundays and midweeks giving testimonies. Most people think that all they need do to get promoted is simply to work hard. The truth still remains that hard work pays but smart work coupled with hardwork is bae. I know some holier than thou brethren will accuse me of teaching people the art of manipulation, but the truth is, people manipulate their way everyday Unknowingly or knowingly.

There are people who are talented manipulators (this is one of the workplace talents that I'll be helping participants discover during my forthcoming online seminar) that is, they naturally manipulate people even without knowing. These set of people doesn't need to be taught how to manipulate people just as a little child doesn't need to be taught how to lie. Humans are naturally liars. Some bosses will never do the right things unless they are manipulated to do so. Just as some Nigerian students would never be given surplus by their parents unless they are able to manipulate them to do so.

So, today I will be sharing just three out of the many ways that employees can manipulate their way to the top at their workplace.

- Understand Your Bosses
A proper understanding of the makeup of your bosses at different levels will help you to know how to manipulate them. Some bosses belong to the RESPECT category This set of bosses doesn’t joke with respect. They expect you to always say yes Sir or yes Ma'am to them. If you try to argue with them or try to show that you are more intelligent or smarter, you may fall out of favour with them. Apart from the respect set, there is also the COMPANY category. This set of people always want people around them. People in this category are naturally talkatives. They'd always talk about themselves and their achievements and how beautiful and lovely their spouses are. Apart from the above mentioned there is also the introverts. Introverts naturally don't go out but that doesn't mean that they don't want to. Introverts naturally like outgoing people. Even if you are not an outgoing person it's adviceable you fake it in order to be able to manipulate them.

If you are able to understand the natural makeup of your bosses and also practice the next tip that I'll be sharing with you then, you are sure to get to the top easily at your workplace.

- Build Trust
One of the biggest issues of mankind is trust issue. People will only recommend those that they can trust. For instance, no matter how experienced you are in financial accounting, you may never be pushed to the top of the ladder unless you've succeeded in building trust. You and I know that trust can be faked. No matter how ambitious or lustful you are never you sell away your trust right. So the big question that you should ask yourself is CAN I BE TRUSTED?

- Just Pretend
In his book "the accidental public servant" Mallam Nasiru El-rufai wrote something that has helped to shape my life. According to him, while seated with a former President of Nigeria Chief Olusegun Obasanjo when he was still the president, the president told him that the reason why he was having so many oppositions as the Director of the Bureau of public enterprise was because he looked too intelligent and smart for their liking. The president told him that he was brought out of the prison and made the president because he looks like a fool even though he had so many As in his WAEC. Most people who have the power to take you up won't unless you pretend. Even if you are the most intelligent or smartest, just pretend as if you are not and play along. The truth is, most people who always want to say how it's doing them seldom go far. Humility doesn’t make you lesser than a man or woman, it helps to attract people who have the ability to take you far at your workplace.

BONUS TIP
- Have something they need either a rare talent, skill, knowledge or wisdom.

Succeed You Must.

©Johnspeak Uwangue a.k.a THE ORACLE
MOTIVATOR, HR CONSULTANT, TALENT MANAGER AND COACH.

sir whats your take on having a website,i could design one for you sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

May Day: Lecturers, Doctors, Others To Benefit From Pay Rise, Says FG / How Much Do You Pay Your Driver / Massive Bank Job Loss Imminent In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.