Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' (780 Views)

See The Green Mamba That Was Killed By My Wife Yesterday / 4-Year-Old Girl Finds 220-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Print On UK Beach (Photos) / Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
A 2.8m black mamba that went for an evening beach slither at the north of Scottburgh's main beach was safely captured, the Crocworld Conservation Centre said on Friday.

The snake, which was sighted in front of the Cutty Sark Hotel, was captured around 18:00 on Thursday, general manager Martin Rodrigues said in a statement.

He said he was alerted by Owen and Nadi Kuyper who were going for an evening swim. A teenage boy who was jogging on the shore of the beach nearly stumbled over the venomous reptile, Rodrigues said.

The snake was safely captured and released back into its natural environment on Friday.

"Although the black mamba is Africa's most feared snake, it is a vital apex predator, at the top of the food chain. The South Coast is renowned for its rich natural biodiversity. The presence of the mamba bears testimony to its wild heritage."

He said it was possible that the snake was cooling down due to hot weather or "having a drink of salty water".

'It is important not to panic'

"It may have been tired or caught up in the waves.

"When I tried to catch the snake, I noticed a lot of water coming out of its mouth so it may have swallowed quite a bit of sea water."

Once the snake was safely captured, it was taken back to Crocworld Conservation Centre. The snake was measured, examined and released back into a safe habitat, Rodrigues said.

"Snakes are in our vicinity most of the time but human encounters with snakes are few and far between. It is important not to panic if you encounter a snake. Be vigilant and observant of your surroundings."

Rodrigues said people often get bitten when they try to catch or kill snakes.

He advised people to keep a safe distance of approximately 5m and contact a local snake park or a professional snake catcher for assistance should they come across a snake.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/see-28m-black-mamba-caught-after-kzn-beach-outing-20180209

Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by Nobody: 12:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lalasticlala it's real
Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by tyup(m): 12:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
2 million black mambas found just on a beach. omg I pity those who would use the beach in the nearest future embarassed

1 Like

Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by Donpresh95(m): 1:05pm On Feb 10, 2018
tyup:
me after knowing black mamba's ain't found in Nigeria
But your President is a Yellow Mamba
Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by kestolove95(m): 1:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
meat
Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by tyup(m): 1:42pm On Feb 10, 2018
Donpresh95:
But your President is a Yellow Mamba

he can be all the color mamba. what I know is as it is now I govern myself
Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by Donpresh95(m): 1:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
Na so my brother
Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by captainking(m): 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2018
tyup:
2 million black mambas found just on a beach. omg I pity those who would use the beach in the nearest future embarassed
not 2 million bro.. 2.8 metres..
Re: 2.8m Black Mamba Caught After Beach 'outing' by ugbede69(m): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
I pity those people if lalastical just catch them

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Youtube / Spraybooth And Investment Analysis / Get 2010 Numerology For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.