Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. (1189 Views)

Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC / What Will Happen If Mr. President Resigns Today? / If Buhari Resigns Today, Will Osinbajo Also Step Down With Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Tallesty1(m): 4:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
Please can the Buhari supporters and the Anti Buharis hold their peace for a second let's reason together? I have honestly lost hope in this country and I am going to tell you why I fear it may never get any better even after Buhari.

When I was in the east for xmass, I listened to several igbo high life musics that were mostly released in the eighties. All of these music have a thing in common, the singers at a point complained of the hardship in the country and urged us to have faith that things will get better eventually.

One stated clearly that Nigeria's problem is tribalism, the singer said that for Nigeria to get better, Hausas should see igbo and Yoruba man as his brothers, Yoruba man should see hausa and igbo men as his brothers and igbo man should see Yoruba man and hausa man as his brothers. You and I know that this is not possible.

This musics like I have already stated were released in the eighties, now fast forward to today(How many years later) the same issue that they complained of back then still persists. If truly tribalism is Nigeria's problem then it's safe to say that our problem has no solution.

Why?

Because tribalism is patriotism in its truest form. A tribalistic Yoruba man is a patriotic Yoruba man. A tribalistic Igbo is a patriotic Biafran, likewise Hausa so how can we get better.

There was a question that I asked myself the other day that I still haven't been able to answer.

What exactly is the "NIGERIA DREAM"?

Do you know it?

I doubt if there's any because by the look of things, it is obvious that we as a nation currently cannot see beyond 2019; and after 2019 has come we will focus on 2023 to vote out our 2019 mistake. Same thing is likely to happen in 2023-2027.

Sarrki said in a comment that Buhari must complete his second tenure so that power will shift to south in 2023. This here is exactly our problem and I don't think there is a solution.

I strongly believe that even if Buhari tenders his resignation letter tonight and Osibanjo assumes office tomorrow, the much we can feel him is a month or maybe two before he joins the gang of never do wells.

I read today that snake stole money somewhere........ And the little hope I had in Nigeria disappeared.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Ekiseme(m): 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Me Sha for one, believe that things will eventually get better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Tallesty1(m): 4:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ekiseme:
I will really appreciate if you can tell why you still believe it will get better.

Lalasticlala please move to front page let's get other people's opinion.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by maslong(m): 4:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
But we can start somewhere na , let him get out.
Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Ekiseme(m): 4:17pm On Feb 10, 2018
Tallesty1:
I will really appreciate if you can tell why you still believe it will get better.

Lalasticlala please move to front page let's get other people's opinion.
apart from being optimistic,
A true leader will emerge one day and fix the country.
Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Tallesty1(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ekiseme:
apart from being optimistic,
A true leader will emerge one day and fix the country.
Assuming you're this true leader, what will you do differently?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by ivandragon: 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
depends on three key things:

1. what aspect you are looking at getting better? economy? security? sociopolitical relations?

2. who takes over? another dubious character? a unifier? a divider?

3. what manner of take over? same lies as APC used? same money spending tactics of PDP? or an honest focused campaign?

I believe if the aforementioned areas can be gotten right, it will go a long way in bringing sanity to the system.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Ekiseme(m): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2018
Tallesty1:
Assuming you're this true leader, what will you do differently?
transparency and sincerity will go a long way for a start.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by AnodaIT(m): 4:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
Maybe if
Hausa-Fulani are not power hungry trying to dominate Aso Rock, NNPC, Army etc
Yoruba do not betray the rest of the South at critical moments and
Igbos stop thinking that everyone else is an enemy

Then we can talk about calling each other brothers

You don't force me to stay in the same house with you and expect me call you brother.

Let's stay in the same house but divide the rooms and respect the fact that I am different and equal stakeholder to the project.

Respect my walls and I will cooperate with you for the progress of the house.
Then can I call you brother

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Tallesty1(m): 4:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ekiseme:
transparency and sincerity will go a long way for a start.
Upcoming Buhari grin

On a serious note, I do believe that the aforementioned will go a long way but how are you going to make it happen in a society as corrupt as Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Ekiseme(m): 4:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
Tallesty1:
Upcoming Buhari grin

On a serious note, I do believe that the aforementioned will go a long way but how are you going to make it happen in a society as corrupt as Nigeria.
maybe we should get all those old leaders like obj and Co together in one place and blow them up.

I don't even know what am saying undecided lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Tallesty1(m): 4:31pm On Feb 10, 2018
ivandragon:
depends on three key things:

1. what aspect you are looking at getting better? economy? security? sociopolitical relations?

2. who takes over? another dubious character? a unifier? a divider?

3. what manner of take over? same lies as APC used? same money spending tactics of PDP? or an honest focused campaign?

I believe if the aforementioned areas can be gotten right, it will go a long way in bringing sanity to the system.

Every Nigerian knows what's right sir, this includes our past and current leaders but the zeal to do it is never there.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by FarahAideed: 4:32pm On Feb 10, 2018
Trust me it will get better than what it is under Buhari ..Yes Nigeria has it's own peculiar problems like general low IQ, greed and tribalism that already stunts our growth but throwing a Dullard and animal like Buhari into the mix makes things a lot lot worse ..believe me when I tell you that if Buhari had not overthrown Shagari then things would have been a lot lot better ... Buhari is worst possible level of leadership a country can get and he can only make an already bad situation worse .

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by NothingDoMe: 4:35pm On Feb 10, 2018
FarahAideed:
Trust me it will get better than what it is under Buhari
Way better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by osazeeblue01: 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2018
Digital brain and a policy maker will push the country forward for good.
Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 10, 2018
Our elders use to say, "what an old man sees while sitting, a young man cannot see it while standing even on top of something"

In my own opinion, i'll categorically say that Nigeria will never get better.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by AnodaIT(m): 5:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
badboywizzy:
Our elders use to say, "what an old man sees while sitting, a young man cannot see it while standing even on top of something"

In my own opinion, i'll categorically say that Nigeria will never get better unless we restructure.
Edited

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by buhariguy(m): 5:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
Because the damage your ineffectual buffoon, thief obasanjo and thief ibb caused this country is too much

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by buhariguy(m): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2018
Ekiseme:
I like your faith

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by dlondonbadboy: 5:20pm On Feb 10, 2018
Anything is better than Buhari...Anything at all...

Even sarrki is way better than Buhari.
Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Tallesty1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
FarahAideed:
Trust me it will get better than what it is under Buhari ..Yes Nigeria has it's own peculiar problems like general low IQ, greed and tribalism that already stunts our growth but throwing a Dullard and animal like Buhari into the mix makes things a lot lot worse ..believe me when I tell you that if Buhari had not overthrown Shagari then things would have been a lot lot better ... Buhari is worst possible level of leadership a country can get and he can only make an already bad situation worse .
Nigeria before Buhari was a mess, it got worse under him but it was never good

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Tallesty1(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
buhariguy:
Because the damage your ineffectual buffoon, thief obasanjo and thief ibb caused this country is too much

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Ahmeduana(m): 6:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Simply because BABA BUHARI has turn a simple mild Nigeria problem to a hard, difficult and knotty one. It will take another 2 decades to get back to where we are post 2015, all thanks to our clannish and nepotic president
Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Ahmeduana(m): 6:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
Simply because BABA BUHARI has turn a simple mild Nigeria problem to a hard, difficult and knotty one. It will take another 2 decades to get back to where we are post 2015, all thanks to our clannish and nepotic president.
Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by amprat: 6:28pm On Feb 10, 2018
You are on a flight, the pilot is tired and needs to rest, if he refuses to leave the pilot seat, I believe the passengers would not just "siddon look" except they don't know what's happening.
let him leave the position first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by yemex04(m): 6:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
I said on another platform that even if the person considered the best President in the world comes to Nigeria,he may still fail! NIGERIA is such a perculiar state! There are very powerful called "arije nidi ibaje" such groups will do anything to frustrate any step taken to change the status quo,they are that powerful! the entire system is messed up!but i beleive it will get better with a more sustained democrazy..people getting more and more enlightened and will learn how to use the power of the ballot to determine who leads them.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Not Get Any Better Even If Buhari Resigns Today. by Irevac3: 7:40pm On Feb 10, 2018
Thank you for your sincere observations.
I have a question for you and this is it:
' So what do you think is the solution to Nigeria's problem? ' . There must be a solution to every problem.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Tony Iwobi Was Elected An Anti-immigrant Senator In Italy / We Have Proofs CBN Withdrew N100bn For Jonathan Before 2015 Polls – Presidency / 2019: Fashola Will Be Nigeria’s Next President – Prophet Fakolade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.