Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,922 members, 7,806,683 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. (2364 Views)

Should BlackBerry Phone Be Banned In Nigeria? / Can The PIN Of A Blackberry Phone Be Blocked ?? / Can Etisalat - Huawei Gaga Mobile Be Unlocked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by labiyemmy(m): 8:35pm On Apr 20, 2010
I have this phone- can this be unlocked in Naija.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by leuelliot(m): 9:19am On Apr 21, 2010
Yes it can. grin
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by labiyemmy(m): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2010
Are you sure - I was told here in London it has a new software, hence noone can unlock./
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by DualCore1: 11:57am On Apr 21, 2010
@labiyemmy:

Are you sure - I was told here in London it has a new software, hence noone can unlock./
I have seen leuelliot unlock an iPhone. I dunno if it was a 3G S.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by labiyemmy(m): 12:01pm On Apr 21, 2010
This one is a 3G S - 32GB - I need to know.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by Liger: 6:22pm On Apr 21, 2010
I have been reading posts on Nairaland for four years, Just decided join now. Here goes my first post.

There are several factors that will determine whether you can unlock the phone.

1. When did you get the phone? If you got it after February 2010 then it is highly unlikely that you can unlock it.

2. Which firmware and baseband are you running? It is either 3.1.2 with baseband 05.07.11 or 3.1.3 with baseband 05.07.12 check via your settings or with itunes.

3. Did you buy it or did someone hand it down to you, If handed down, is it jailbroken via cydia and do you have the ECID SHSH saved on their database.

If you do not have your ECID SHSH saved on cydia then you have to wait for a new unlock to be released. However, if you are running 3.1.2 you can jailbreak but can't unlock, your iPhone will be more like an iTouch. at least you can use it. Seeing the emergency calls only can really be irritating.

If you need more info let me know.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by leuelliot(m): 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2010
i unlocked an iphone 3gs 8gb in December. but the bad part was each time you switch off the phone you have to jailbreak using redsnow etc (VERY ANNOYING ) but its working grin
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by labiyemmy(m): 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2010
This is a brand new phone from 02 in the UK, just bought yesterday. - 20/04/2010.

The Modem Firmware is 05.12.01

Model MC 133B

Version 3.1.3 (7E18)

@Liger - wetin all those yearn wey you yearn mean, me I no know o.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by Liger: 9:40pm On Apr 21, 2010
@leulliot, I guess you did your jailbreak with Blackra1n. And you could unlock your phone because at the time iTunes was not verifying the firmware with apple during restoration.

@labiyemmy, MC models with baseband(Modem firmware) 05.12.01 are impossible to unlock at the moment. However, you can Downgrade and jailbreak.

However, what I advice you to do is to return the phone and get your money back. If you are in London go to Tottenham Court Road or any where else and get an unlocked, jailbroken (firmware 3.1.2) version and never upgrade it when apple tells you to do so when you log on to itunes.

I am guessing you want to bring it back ti Naija, you can buga pple with it, it is also a lady magnet. (it has worked for me grin)
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by labiyemmy(m): 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2010
@Liger

An ordinary phone is a lady magnet for you? What if you then drive the cars I drive?

A phone is a phone for me, not a lady magnet.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by Liger: 9:51pm On Apr 21, 2010
lol, have a car too, but the when you are in a building you won't hang your car key on your neck would you? Everyone uses a blackberry now, guys and girls are impressed when they see something and someone different. Nigerians as you may well know are impressed by little things.

I use it for my work mainly though and I am not the show off type if you want to know. (as you said, a phone is not even something to show off with.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by labiyemmy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2010
little boys hang their phones on their neck, serious people dont even have time doing that.

Anyway - looks like I will only use the phone here in the UK. Cool.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by nagathi: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2010
I am using Blackberry mobile, I unlocked my mobile here http://www.mobile-unlocker.com/unlock-your-phone/rs2wp2/ It provides unlock code and instructions,
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by DoubleN(m): 10:03pm On Jun 20, 2010
Liger:

@labiyemmy, MC models with baseband(Modem firmware) 05.12.01 are impossible to unlock at the moment. However, you can Downgrade and jailbreak.
You can only downgrade the firmware from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 if it was previously updated from the latter. However it is impossible at the moment to downgrade the 05.12.01 baseband. I know cos i am stuck with 2 iPhone 3GS phones!
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by DoubleN(m): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2010
The Dev Team has finally released the unlock for 3.1.3 and 4.0 inclusive of baseband 05.12.01 using ultrasn0w 0.93. Software for hactivating will follow shortly.
Re: Iphone 3g S - Can This Phone Be Unlocked In Nigeria. by DoubleN(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2010
You can check this link for a step by step guide http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Subscribe A Month For My Iphone 4s / We Sell All Kinds Of Phones, Iphones, Blackberry's Tecno Phantom 07085434741 / Airtel Simple Server Settings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.