Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI (1401 Views)

How To Track An Iphone With Te Imei / See Why Your Infinix Phone Is Not Charging/ Not Charging Fast / Help Please, My Phone Is Showing Number Busy Even When Its Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI by chinonyinye: 6:55pm On Feb 10, 2018
HI. Good evening all. pls I'm using tecno p9tab. my tablet suddenly hanged on monday and when i tried rebooting it, it refused to come on. i took it to a repairman on wednesday and he fixed it. it happened again yesterday and i took it back to him today. after boosting the battery and it came on, he advised me to flash the phone which i did. He then went to a place in my phone and he asked me to input my pin which i did. after dat he formated it although my pictures infact files didnt get lost only my apps were removed. the problem is that the tab is now showing invalid imei and i cant make calls. i cant even check my balance. pls what is the cause and how do i solve this?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI by Alexk2(m): 7:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
It happen because of the flashing/factory resetting you did on the phone....solution is to Install the Mobile MTK Engineering Mode app..though this will only work on devices with a Mediatek chipset.
In the Mobile MTK Engineering Mode app go to > MTK Settings > Connectivity > CDS Information > Radio Information > Phone 1.
At the AT+ line:
Enter AT +EGMR=1,7,"ENTER-IMEI-HERE", then tap on 'Send AT Command'. If you have a dual SIM phone, enter AT +EGMR=1,10,"ENTER-IMEI-HERE" then tap on 'Send AT Command' again. Note: The quotes are included and there should be a space after AT.
You should get a notification that the AT Command(s) were successfully sent. Restart your device. Restart your phone when you're done. You now shouldn't get the 'Invalid IMEI' notification. To confirm if it's sucessful, dial *#06#, it should display the IMEI you typed.

Your imei should be somewhere inside your phone when you open the back cover or battery or check your phone pack for that.
Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI by chinonyinye: 8:13pm On Feb 10, 2018
Thank u but please what if my tab doesnt have madiatek chipset what can i use? p.s. thanks for responding.

Alexk2:
It happen because of the flashing/factory resetting you did on the phone....solution is to Install the Mobile MTK Engineering Mode app..though this will only work on devices with a Mediatek chipset.
In the Mobile MTK Engineering Mode app go to > MTK Settings > Connectivity > CDS Information > Radio Information > Phone 1.
At the AT+ line:
Enter AT +EGMR=1,7,"ENTER-IMEI-HERE", then tap on 'Send AT Command'. If you have a dual SIM phone, enter AT +EGMR=1,10,"ENTER-IMEI-HERE" then tap on 'Send AT Command' again. Note: The quotes are included and there should be a space after AT.
You should get a notification that the AT Command(s) were successfully sent. Restart your device. Restart your phone when you're done. You now shouldn't get the 'Invalid IMEI' notification. To confirm if it's sucessful, dial *#06#, it should display the IMEI you typed.

Your imei should be somewhere inside your phone when you open the back cover or battery or check your phone pack for that.
Goodluck.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI by chinonyinye: 8:38pm On Feb 10, 2018
i cant find the tab's pack and ive opened it. the imei no isnt inside,its only tte serial number that is there. what can i do?
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI by giftedben: 9:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
chinonyinye:
i cant find the tab's pack and ive opened it. the imei no isnt inside,its only tte serial number that is there. what can i do?

Take it to calcare center and let them flash it for you.
Re: HELP!!! My Phone Is Showing Me Invalid IMEI by chinonyinye: 10:07pm On Feb 10, 2018
im saying a big thank you to those that responded. ive rectified it . Alexk i followed your advice and it worked perfectly. thanks

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Is My Tecno Back Camera Showing This? / Itel S15 Pro: It’s All About Selfies, Great Selfies!!! / Best 10 Samsung Phones With Prices And Specs In Nigeria 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.