Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" (64273 Views)

Fire Outbreak: My Palace Is Intact, Ooni Allays Public Fear / Is There Any Culture In Igboland That Does Not Allow Women To See Men When Eatin / #OjudeOba Ogun: Masquerade Danafojura On Fire, Pulls Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by manuelzz(m): 10:53pm On Feb 10, 2018
rafindo:
Another brainwashed youth spilling is macho tendency. I hope he reject audience with Beyonce when she visits his cave.

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Sappro22(m): 11:26pm On Feb 10, 2018
Lol.. This one sha
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Nobody: 11:27pm On Feb 10, 2018
Rubbish Of The Day
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Kemikay1: 11:45pm On Feb 10, 2018
See the first pic as him deh eye one babr in trousers... grin shocked
While him wife deh smile for the camera...
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by EmekaBlue(m): 11:47pm On Feb 10, 2018
Women too like trousers sef..This kind post go dey pain dem I'm sure.

They don't even know they look more sexy on short gown or skirt
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by oshiiteoku: 11:56pm On Feb 10, 2018
Eeeya,once came to work in patani in 2012,on official duty,met his father,king pere,a retired army man,such a kind man and very accommodating,didnt know he is gone,i feel so sad,may his gentle soul rest in peace,young man,i hope you will be like your daddy,may God guide and protect your throne.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Luukasz(m): 12:01am On Feb 11, 2018
rafindo:
Another brainwashed youth spilling is macho tendency. I hope he reject audience with Beyonce when she visits his cave.
Who the Bleep is Beyonce in delta state she's a nobody
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by millionaireman: 12:09am On Feb 11, 2018
You don't allow women wear trousers in your presence - You are celebrating your ignorance and quasi-illiteracy in the open.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Nobody: 12:36am On Feb 11, 2018
maybe he wants women to visit him Nakid tongue i mean, what could be more decent than wearing a pair of trousers? he wants them to come with tiny cloths tied around their waists tongue so it would be easy for him to fuvk them!
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Sexyolori(f): 1:19am On Feb 11, 2018
rafindo:
talk like someone that has sense abeg...

2 Likes

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Sexyolori(f): 1:19am On Feb 11, 2018
Long live my king...

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by vioment: 1:19am On Feb 11, 2018
Dictatorship in the making. He is making local govt or state wide laws, and the elected authorities and law enforcement are just laughing it out and abiding by what is not a national or state law. Even a lawyer or person or group of people can sue a state not to talk of a nobody forming leader if they are violated.

Let's stop all this playing around and either become a democracy (fairness for all ) or go back to the our failed tradition. A totally failed tradition. It failed when arabs began enslaving africans, then oyibos, and now asians. It is so failed it is supposed to be a comedy show. That is my opinion. As for the right way that I think a serious govt would handle this traditional or parallel laws, it is to remind traditional rulers that they don't have the power to make laws of the land irregardless of how small. Remind them that they are only there for show but no atom of power extended beyond their homes. It i time to punish violators. If this guy enforces this law or someone gets harassed for this law, they should create ways to sue the so called chief or king after he has been arrested.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by BruncleZuma: 3:56am On Feb 11, 2018
Pikin never see life e say make dem carry George wrapper tie bow and arrow for am.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by princegozzy: 4:35am On Feb 11, 2018
okk...ladies take note.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by 12submarine(m): 5:08am On Feb 11, 2018
vioment:
Dictatorship in the making. He is making local govt or state wide laws, and the elected authorities and law enforcement are just laughing it out and abiding by what is not a national or state law. Even a lawyer or person or group of people can sue a state not to talk of a nobody forming leader if they are violated.

Let's stop all this playing around and either become a democracy (fairness for all ) or go back to the our failed tradition. A totally failed tradition. It failed when arabs began enslaving africans, then oyibos, and now asians. It is so failed it is supposed to be a comedy show. That is my opinion. As for the right way that I think a serious govt would handle this traditional or parallel laws, it is to remind traditional rulers that they don't have the power to make laws of the land irregardless of how small. Remind them that they are only there for show but no atom of power extended beyond their homes. It i time to punish violators. If this guy enforces this law or someone gets harassed for this law, they should create ways to sue the so called chief or king after he has been arrested.
Young man, he did not make law for the land, he said he will not allow a woman to wear trousers inside HIS PALACE. How is this an issue? I can decide that no one enters MY HOUSE with footwear or vice versa, is it not my house?

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by 12submarine(m): 5:33am On Feb 11, 2018
With contempt, Europeans are telling we Africans that we don't have history, with happiness, African dolts are clapping hands for them. Some cockroaches living in toilets even call their country shithole because an American racist say so, how more less human can one be? Some of you agama lizards should read Walter Rodney's How Europe underdeveloped Africa. Physical slave trade has been abolished long ago but you buffaloes are still mental slaves because you want to be perceived as someone with the brain of a Whiteman. Inferiority complex is gradually killing Africans, Nigerians in particular, especially the youths. A copy cat remains a cat, whatever it must have copied. Even England that you all look forward to visit has a well respected queen, one buffalo is calling for the scrapping of our traditional Kingdom because he is now an European. Another antelope is wondering if the king will reject the visit of a White celebrity in trousers. Lack of self worth. Africa is my continent, Nigeria is my country and I am proud of that.

2 Likes

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by GetUmad: 5:39am On Feb 11, 2018
DivinelyBlessed:

The Star Boy jersey "WIZKID F.C", an official jersey of Nigerian Musician, Ayodeji Balogun a.k.a Wizkid has been launched. With this, he becomes the first African musician to have an official jersey. Congratulations to him.

Be the first to rock this awesome jersey. We have ** 10 WIZKID F.C JERSEYS UP FOR GRABS ** ==> http://percentagesoff..com.ng/p/get-new-wizkid-jersey.html?m=1

Bloggers abeg make ona dey fear God small small.
Whats all these? Wizkid FC ko, Buhari FC ne.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by DivinelyBlessed: 5:42am On Feb 11, 2018
GetUmad:

Bloggers abeg make ona dey fear God small small.
Whats all these? Wizkid FC ko, Buhari FC ne.
Lol. No really. Wizkid has an official Jersey by nike. Look it up
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by honey001(m): 6:20am On Feb 11, 2018
So also in the kingdom of God, it's not allowed.....

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by guiddoti: 6:32am On Feb 11, 2018
emmanuel596:
He wants them to wear gown or tie wrapper so he can have sex with them easily
With this thought, futuristic factory setting is not available. His thought like a baby, smh
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by ikevictor: 6:46am On Feb 11, 2018
millionaireman:
You don't allow women wear trousers in your presence - You are celebrating your ignorance and quasi-illiteracy in the open.

Keep your literacy...we no want.

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by ikevictor: 6:47am On Feb 11, 2018
gypsey:
maybe he wants women to visit him Nakid tongue i mean, what could be more decent than wearing a pair of trousers? he wants them to come with tiny cloths tied around their waists tongue so it would be easy for him to fuvk them!

Good thought; clap for yourself...
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by Maroghene(m): 6:48am On Feb 11, 2018
fratermathy:

Who are the Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo? We have English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Chinese.

Sisei, gba dia.
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by ikevictor: 6:52am On Feb 11, 2018
12submarine:
With contempt, Europeans are telling we Africans that we don't have history, with happiness, African dolts are clapping hands for them. Some cockroaches living in toilets even call their country shithole because an American racist say so, how more less human can one be? Some of you agama lizards should read Walter Rodney's How Europe underdeveloped Africa. Physical slave trade has been abolished long ago but you buffaloes are still mental slaves because you want to be perceived as someone with the brain of a Whiteman. Inferiority complex is gradually killing Africans, Nigerians in particular, especially the youths. A copy cat remains a cat, whatever it must have copied. Even England that you all look forward to visit has a well respected queen, one buffalo is calling for the scrapping of our traditional Kingdom because he is now an European. Another antelope is wondering if the king will reject the visit of a White celebrity in trousers. Lack of self worth. Africa is my continent, Nigeria is my country and I am proud of that.

I love your words...for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by kuntash: 6:54am On Feb 11, 2018
DivinelyBlessed:
Why should he make it a taboo for any woman to walk into the palace wearing trousers?

We are in the 21st century.
#Feminism power. # Women rights. #Female freedom.

Ladies, am i right? Lol

Anyway, His kingdom, His rules.

The Star Boy jersey "WIZKID F.C", an official jersey of Nigerian Musician, Ayodeji Balogun a.k.a Wizkid has been launched. With this, he becomes the first African musician to have an official jersey. Congratulations to him.

Be the first to rock this awesome jersey. We have ** 5 WIZKID F.C JERSEYS UP FOR GRABS ** ==> http://percentagesoff..com.ng/p/get-new-wizkid-jersey.html?m=1

21st abi 22nd century? So make everyone dey craze abi.?

And whats the correlation of wizkid got to do with this?
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by bewla(m): 7:09am On Feb 11, 2018
DivinelyBlessed:
Why should he make it a taboo for any woman to walk into the palace wearing trousers?

We are in the 21st century.
#Feminism power. # Women rights. #Female freedom.

Ladies, am i right? Lol

Anyway, His kingdom, His rules.

Be the first to rock this awesome jersey. We have ** 5 WIZKID F.C JERSEYS UP FOR GRABS ** ==> http://percentagesoff..com.ng/p/get-new-wizkid-jersey.html?m=1
how much b Jersey
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by WorldRichest: 7:09am On Feb 11, 2018
rafindo:

This is one of the early signs of depression. Go see a counsellor before you commit suicide.

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by smokedfish: 7:20am On Feb 11, 2018
rafindo:
zero chill
Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by emu22(m): 7:26am On Feb 11, 2018
aljharem:
What is ijaw. Abeg we have Hausa Yoruba igbo

Now that's a problem, so apart from Hausa Yoruba and igbo Evey other tribe is irrelevant? People like you and the idiats that liked your trash that you posted are the ones causing problem in this country,learn to respect others so you can also be respected.

1 Like

Re: Shadrach Erebulu, Adou: "I Don’t Allow Women To Wear Trousers In My Palace" by gare(f): 7:32am On Feb 11, 2018
dainformant:
The Pere of Kabowei Kingdom, Barrister Shadrach Erebulu, Aduo lll, who is said to be the youngest king in the entire Ijaw nation - has revealed he doesn't allow women to wear trousers, or speak any other language except Ijaw in his palace.

The young graduate of Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka - was presented with a staff of office on Monday, Oct 23, 2017 during his official installation of as pere of kabowei kingdom at the pere's palace in the vicinity of Patani, Delta state.

In an interview with Gbaramatuvoicenews, the monarch spoke about his kingdom, which spreads across two states and his plans for his people, especially in the area of cultural revival.

Excerpts;

How has it been since you ascended the throne?

It will be six months February 16. I’m still quite new on the throne. I must say that initially, it was not so easy, but it is getting better by the day.

What were you into before you ascend the throne?

I was a practising lawyer with a law firm in Warri. By the side, I was the Supervisory Councilor for Works in Patani Local Government Council.

Were you compelled to join the race or was it out of your freewill?

I think God destined it this way and I only followed the way God planned it and worked it out. I wouldn’t say I was compelled but I just flowed as it was unfolding and it worked out fine.

Is the Kabowei kingdom stool hereditary or by appointment?

It is hereditary. It passes from father to son. My late father was the last Pere of Kabowei Kingdom and he passed on, on February, 18 2016. Then, I came after him.

It is said that you also have some elder brothers, so how come you were picked instead of them?

The process moves from father to son, starting from the first son and there are qualifications that are also stated traditionally and even by government’s gazette to guide the kingmakers. I think that was how it was done. I happen to be the sixth surviving son, but I think flowing from the qualifications, the kingmakers found me as the most suitable person for the office.

Can you let us know some of your achievements since you became the Pere?

Before my emergence, I understood the fact that our cultures and traditions are fast fading away. Even our youths find it hard to understand and speak our language. Due to modernisation, everybody now feels that going back to traditional language makes one a lesser person. That was eating fast into our way of life, so my major drive was that as a young traditional ruler, I should be able to reverse these things.

I think my function is not political. It is to keep and preserve the traditions of our people. I had to bring some strict rules. Before now, people came into the palace and they wanted to speak English language while addressing the king. I made it a point for anybody coming into the palace, except you are not from Kabowei kingdom, not to speak the English language, but our language. If you are not fluent in it, mix it, but endeavour to see that you can speak it.

I made it a taboo for any woman to walk into the palace wearing trousers. We see how girls wear all manner of things and walk down the street; that is not our way of life. So even within the town, I had to call the chairmen of the communities to educate their young people to see that they try as much as possible to go back to our tradition. I also set up a committee to see how we can come up with our own cultural heritage, that is how the Kabowei man used to be. Because Kabowei or the Kabo man as he is popularly called, is a unique Ijaw person. We are unique in all we do because our own tongue is different from every other Ijaw man.

If a Kabowei man speaks here, it is different from the way someone from Bomadi or Sagbama would speak. So if we can go back to the way we speak our language, it will help our culture, it will help our uniqueness, because once you lose your culture, you have lost your identity. I try to see how we can bring that back...

What are some of the things you miss as a king, considering the fact that you are young?

Will I say I really miss doing those things? Before I ascended the throne, I just got to the stage in my life where I became a responsible man. I got married in the same year I ascended the throne. As at the point of my getting married, I believe I had had enough of everything I wanted to do as a young man, and it was time for me to be responsible and be focused. If there is anything I miss doing, it is going to court as a lawyer because that is one of the things I cannot do anymore too.

Can you just tell us the reaction of your wife, what did she tell you?

It came via a text message from one of my elder brothers. When I saw the message and showed it to my wife, she didn’t understand what it was and asked, ‘what is this one that Eli congratulating you for?’ And I said that I was selected as the king.She said, ‘King what? You aren’t going to stay in Patani, are you?’ And I said when we get to that bridge, we will cross it. I think her major concern was coming to stay here, because she had only come twice for my dad’s burial and when I brought her to officially introduce her to my mum. That was the only challenge.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/pere-of-kabowei-kingdom-barrister-shadrach-erebulu-aduo-lll-speaks-months-after-ascending-throne.html

See previous thread >>> https://www.nairaland.com/4135023/peremobowei-shedrack-erebulu-becomes-youngest

BUT WHEN YOU SEE THE ONE WEARING TROUSER OUTSIDE YOU GO MAD, BUT FROM THE LOOK ON YOUR WIFE'S FACE, I SEE HER LIKE SOMEONE THAT CANNOT DO WITHOUT TROUSER !!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Igala People In Anambra State / Make-Up Free Photo Of Ola Adeyemi, Alaafin Of Oyo's Wife, Shows Her Tribal Marks / Photos Of The Women Who Have Left Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.