Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Fake Blind Beggar Nabbed With Her Son In Ondo State (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Blind Beggar Nabbed With Her Son In Ondo State (photo) (641 Views)

Police Threatens "Blind" Beggar With Tear Gas, See What Happened Next. Photos / Fake Female Blind Beggar Caught In Lagos, Knelt Down & Disgraced By Mob / 'I Make N8,000 Daily' - Fake Blind Beggar Apprehended In Lagos Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Blind Beggar Nabbed With Her Son In Ondo State (photo) by axcer: 9:51am On Feb 11, 2018
A 30-year-old lady who pretends to be blind in order to receive alms from unsuspecting members of the public, has been arrested you the officials of the Ondo state Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development. .

According to OrangeFM, Chinyere Onuara, who claimed to be a widow and mother of five, was nabbed in front of a commercial bank in Akure where had been plying her trade for weeks.

She was apprehended with her 4 year old son, Chidibere, whose condition actually attracted the attention of the ministry officials directed to rescue her and provide help.

During interrogation, Chinyere claimed to have left Ebonyi for Akure, few weeks ago, to assist a blind friend to collect arms but the deal did not sail through on getting there. .

She said the blind friend opted for another person, which made her decide to disguise as a blind beggar and that she was making at least N1,000 daily. .

Chinyere expressed regret over her action and said it was to raise money to start a trade, upon the recent demise of her husband after he was allegedly poisoned. She appealed to the state government to empower her, rather than punish her.

The Director of Social Welfare in the Ministry, Sola Aladesuyi, revealed that the ministry will contact her Ebonyi counterpart to verify Chinyere’s claims to be sure she is not a security risk to the state, before she is sent back.

Re: Fake Blind Beggar Nabbed With Her Son In Ondo State (photo) by marshalldgreat(m): 9:58am On Feb 11, 2018
Busted!!! grin
Re: Fake Blind Beggar Nabbed With Her Son In Ondo State (photo) by meezynetwork(m): 12:46pm On Feb 11, 2018
Na wa for my people. Lol
Re: Fake Blind Beggar Nabbed With Her Son In Ondo State (photo) by charles2044: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
Poverty is a disease, I'm not.! Buhari why?

(1) (Reply)

Reverend Father Dies In Ghastly Road Accident Along Oba-nnewi Road (photos) / I Differentiate Between Parts From Killed Persons, Corpses By Smell — Ritualist / Police Kill One In Cross River Over Dead Cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.